PDA

View Full Version : Brady and Favre - 2007

motife
12-15-2007, 10:22 PM
delete

BF4MVP
12-15-2007, 10:43 PM
Is Brady the best of all-time? Maybe.
Just threw up a little bit in my mouth after reading this part..

Nice article otherwise though

BallHawk
12-15-2007, 10:54 PM

Before this season I didn't think Brady was Top 5, although now I'm inclined to say he is Top 5. However, here's my problem with Brady. When people look back, let's say 35 years from now, what is going to be the thing that makes you say "that Brady kid was something else." He's a great QB, but he doesn't have that thing that Favre has. Neither does Manning. Brady is robotic, he throws TDs, walks off the field, and then repeats that action 4 times again. He doesn't do it with that love for the game that Favre has or that confidence that Namath had (I'm not insisting Namath was better than Brady, no way). Brady doesn't have that compelling storyline to along with him. He grew up in a suburb of San Francisco, went to a private school, went to a big-name school, etc.

Brady is a great QB, top 5, but he doesn't have that thing that makes you say "he's the greatest." That's not his fault, not at all, but when I look at Brady compared to Favre it's two different personalities. And, though I may be a homer, the public will look back at Favre with more affection than they will for Brady.

Partial
12-15-2007, 11:05 PM
Manning has that charisma you speak of. He is oddly very entertaining.

BallHawk
12-16-2007, 12:05 AM
Manning has that charisma you speak of. He is oddly very entertaining.

Entertaining in commercials? Hell yeah. But on the field he has that same robot-like mentality. And when he loses it's all whining and bitching from him.

]{ilr]3
12-16-2007, 05:05 AM
Has Favre ever had the offensive line that both Brady and Manning have now and have had in the past few years? In my recollection no and I dont think that Brady and Manning would look so great if they were behind our line at this time.

One of the things I cant stand about both Brady and Manning is how they both act like spoiled little brats when they get sacked, pouting and stamping there feet.

sepporepi
12-16-2007, 05:55 AM
In 2003/2004 our O-line was outstanding.
But we rushed a lot in these years (>2500ys in 2004).

b bulldog
12-16-2007, 07:20 AM
The line of a few years ago was better than what the Colts or Pats have, Wahle, Riveria,Flanny and the T's :oops: What Brady has is the rings and in terms of a storyline, look where he was picked and Brady is the guy the women drool over and most men want to be like. Brett is more exciting but Brady's robotism is what wins games. IMO, the berst ever will come down to Manning or Brady in the end.

b bulldog
12-16-2007, 07:41 AM
The SB lines were pretty good also. Aaron Taylor was a very good G before injury really made him retire. Adam Timmerman has been an excellent NFL G, Frank Winters was a very good C while Earl Dotson, Ken Reuttgers and Bruce Wilkerson manned the T positions. Mark Chumra was a dominating run blocking TE also.

pbmax
12-16-2007, 09:13 AM
McGinn just indicated that the lines might be equal now, with the Packers having better tackles, the Pats better guards and center even.

The Packer 1995 line and the 2001-2003 lines were better. I'd say the 1996 line too, but we played Russian Roulette with Left Tackle until Bruce Wilkerson.

{ilr]3]Has Favre ever had the offensive line that both Brady and Manning have now and have had in the past few years? In my recollection no and I dont think that Brady and Manning would look so great if they were behind our line at this time.

One of the things I cant stand about both Brady and Manning is how they both act like spoiled little brats when they get sacked, pouting and stamping there feet.

b bulldog
12-16-2007, 09:33 AM
Wasn't our QB pouting and stomping his feet when we didn't sign Moss?? I don't recall Brady ever doing that when he was throwing to all of those stiffs last season.

BallHawk
12-16-2007, 09:44 AM
Wasn't our QB pouting and stomping his feet when we didn't sign Moss?? I don't recall Brady ever doing that when he was throwing to all of those stiffs last season.

It's an easier pill to swallow when you've won 3 Super Bowls previous to that.

MJZiggy
12-16-2007, 10:02 AM

I think pouting and stomping may be a bit of an exaggeration. He made a comment (like this has never happened to him before :roll: ) and it leaked to the press. Within a day or two he actually held a press conference to say publicly that he had no problem with TT, and all we've heard since is how he was so furious at not getting Moss.

ny10804
12-16-2007, 10:08 AM
I don't know what some of you are talking about, but Brady is 100 percent football. On the show last night, he said that football was his life. If anything, he loves the game a little too much.

b bulldog
12-16-2007, 10:36 AM
Comment to the press?? He said it all on camera, wasn't just a comment to the press. All of these guys whine and cry at times.

jvandehey19
12-16-2007, 01:34 PM
And he take a great picture:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9ufwukWgKfI :shock:

Bretsky
12-16-2007, 09:12 PM

One could easily argue that Brady is the greatest of all time
Many will argue that when he retires IMO

dissident94
12-17-2007, 12:10 PM
I hate Tom Brady. But when it is over he could have 5-6 superbowls and a couple MVPs. I am starting to think he is going down as #1 all time. I hate saying it. But wait 5 years from now and see the numbers he has put up and the rings he has and tell me different.
Farve is the most entertaining QB ever and no one will ever be better at that. Even his bad plays are enteratining.

The Leaper
12-17-2007, 12:18 PM

Perhaps.

He better win it all this year though. He's been given everything a QB needs to succeed this year...and if he doesn't, he hardly can be called the greatest of all-time.

dissident94
12-17-2007, 12:28 PM

Perhaps.

He better win it all this year though. He's been given everything a QB needs to succeed this year...and if he doesn't, he hardly can be called the greatest of all-time.

What about the teams he won with that didn't have much. He won three superbowls without a top reciever

The Leaper
12-17-2007, 01:16 PM
What about the teams he won with that didn't have much. He won three superbowls without a top reciever

That is true. However, he wasn't the undisputed all-time greatest QB prior to this season...despite those SB wins.

I'm just pointing out that if Brady doesn't deliver this year, it will put a crimp in any "best of all-time" debate for him. He'll have a black mark on his resume that everyone can point to in that debate.

The point is that if he could win without much offensive help...why could he not close the deal with everything a QB would want?

HarveyWallbangers
12-17-2007, 01:36 PM

Brady is a great QB, and I'm bored of the whole argument. However, those teams didn't usually win mostly with offense. Their defense was easily top 5 each of those (when you look at all around stats like points, yardage, turnovers, sacks). They also had an incredibly clutch FG kicker. They also got some major breaks. Also, he didn't have a great receiving corps, but it wasn't horrible. Similar to GB the years we went to the Bowl. Deion Branch, Troy Brown, Ben Watson, etc. are/were pretty good receivers.

b bulldog
12-17-2007, 04:37 PM
Ahh, ben watson wasn't on those teams :oops:

b bulldog
12-17-2007, 04:40 PM
Branch and Brown comparible to freeman, Chewey, Jackson, Brooks, Rison, beebe :oops: Free was one of the best Wr's in the game for a two or three year stretch and they had the best TE duo also.

b bulldog
12-17-2007, 04:42 PM
One more thing, Bill Parcells was getting ribbed about his loss to the Packers in the SB and he stated that brown was his X factor on ST's to negate Howard but he was injured and couldn't go. He stated that he thought without Howard, the Pats would have won. This is obviously just opinion but anyone watching that game or the playoffs that season can't ignore what Howard did.

b bulldog
12-17-2007, 04:46 PM
All of this is opinion and it is fun to banter back and fourth but imo, if I wanted a QB for purely the fun of the game, entertainment and craziness, I'd pick Brett, if I wanted numbers alone, I'd pick Manning and if I'd want to win the big games, I'd pick Montana/Brady.

Bretsky
12-17-2007, 05:10 PM

Perhaps.

Upsets happen; I'd argue some of the years he won it all he wan't given nearly enough on offense. Do you give him additional credit because he won it all with less talent on offense ? Even if he doesn't win it all this year that should negate the criticism some

Bretsky
12-17-2007, 05:13 PM
All of this is opinion and it is fun to banter back and fourth but imo, if I wanted a QB for purely the fun of the game, entertainment and craziness, I'd pick Brett, if I wanted numbers alone, I'd pick Manning and if I'd want to win the big games, I'd pick Montana/Brady.

Screw Montana; product of a coach heads and heels better than the rest who had created an offensive system/machine others were not ready for.
Plus he had Jerry Rice.

I'd pick Brady

b bulldog
12-17-2007, 06:37 PM
Montana was money B

Jerry Tagge
12-18-2007, 11:51 AM
I loved that pass Tuck Rule Brady threw to Bob Sanders in the AFC Championship to seal the win for the Colts.

I'm sure it really wasn't Brady's fault. The refs obviously missed all the holding, illegal contact and pass interference on the Colts on that play.

I don't remember Favre whining like a little girl every time he throws an interception or fumbles.

I also don't remember Favre getting bailed out by the refs when he fumbled in a playoff game. Tuck rule my ass. It's a fumble for any other QB except for the whiney little girl Tuck Rule Brady.

Without the tuck rule Tom Brady would be selling life insurance right now. Most overrated QB in NFL history.

He's also a whiney little girl.

b bulldog
12-18-2007, 08:11 PM
Your an idiot

b bulldog
12-18-2007, 08:12 PM
All due respect but still an idiot :lol:

b bulldog
12-18-2007, 08:13 PM
I won't even get started about some other QB's results in the playoffs :oops: I never said Brady was perfect but he seems to be real close.