PDA

View Full Version : Hall may miss rest of regular season

packers11
12-17-2007, 01:48 PM
Hall may miss rest of regular season

Fullback Korey Hall likely will miss the rest of the regular season after suffering a hip strain in Sunday's win at St. Louis, but he should be back in time for the divisional playoffs.

"I'm confident that he'll be on the roster" for the playoffs, coach Mike McCarthy said today, adding that Hall suffered "a different type of muscle strain" and "may be (out) a couple weeks." John Kuhn will take over the starting job, and McCarthy indicated the team won't make a roster move to get another healthy fullback on the roster.

Defensive tackle Ryan Pickett suffered the only other significant injury Sunday, McCarthy said. Pickett has a groin strain and is day to day.

Defensive tackle Justin Harrell injured the tip of a thumb but returned to the game and should be fine. McCarthy said he wasn't sure whether Harrell would play with a cast or a wrap on the thumb.

Safety Nick Collins should play this week after being pulled from Sunday's game. He had lower back pain but was disappointed he didn't finish that game, McCarthy said.

Also from McCarthy ...
* The Packers won't rest healthy players as long as they have a shot at the No. 1 seed in the NFC playoffs. "We need to be 13-2 when we come back from Chicago."
* Both of QB Brett Favre's interceptions were "minus throws" but not particularly bad decisions.
* Sunday's special-teams performance was the most dominant McCarthy has been a part of.
* The interior offensive line graded out "just OK" on Sunday and was better in pass blocking than run blocking.

-- Tom Pelissero, tpelisse@greenbaypressgazette.com

BallHawk
12-17-2007, 03:13 PM
I hope Korey is good to go for January. The kid's played pretty well this year.

Carolina_Packer
12-17-2007, 03:24 PM
When you think of things working against you, and what the kid has been able to achieve, it's pretty impressive. He changes positions coming out of college, he's a rookie, and not only makes the team, he becomes the starter and makes a contribution. Considering where others on the team have come from and had to do, this has to be one of the best stories on the team.

gbpackfan
12-17-2007, 03:37 PM
I am starting to worry about our DT position. Good thing we were loaded going into the season but these injuries are getting absurd. We really miss Jolly on run D. I wish he was still available.

OS PA
12-17-2007, 03:50 PM
I hope Korey is good to go for January. The kid's played pretty well this year.

Luckily we have two fullbacks on the roster. Hall is the better pass catcher of the two, Kuhn is a far better run blocker. I'm excited to see Kuhn get some more reps. He's really blown people out of the hole with the opportunities he's gotten.

MJZiggy
12-17-2007, 03:54 PM
Hall is a fullback. Harrell is gonna be fine. The only two DT's out are Cole and Jolly. (Yes I know we miss Jolly, but people are making it sound like we're gonna have to put the punter on the d-line by next week..then again, Ryan's got some guns on him, maybe he could speed rush...)

Lurker64
12-17-2007, 05:23 PM
It's interesting the way that spin works. The article I read this in was titled "Bigby may miss a couple of weeks', which at this point in the season is equivalent to being out the rest of the season; but for some reason "out for the rest of the regular season" sounds a whole lot worse than "out for a couple of weeks", even when they're the same thing.

That being said, it looks good for Hall being available for the playoffs. He's got three weeks to heal, which is forever in this league.

Guiness
12-17-2007, 05:24 PM
Hall is a fullback. Harrell is gonna be fine. The only two DT's out are Cole and Jolly. (Yes I know we miss Jolly, but people are making it sound like we're gonna have to put the punter on the d-line by next week..then again, Ryan's got some guns on him, maybe he could speed rush...)

Trot the Crazy Canuck out there! You know he wants to! He's already shown he can break tackles!
'put me in cold, I'm ready to play, today'