PDA

View Full Version : Donald Lee

K-town
12-17-2007, 02:37 PM
I tried to find this stat at the Packers web site, but it wasn't broken down by position. By my calculations, Donald Lee is 9 catches away from tying Paul Coffman's record for most receptions in a season by a Packers tight end.
Can someone confirm this for me?
Thanks.

The Leaper
12-17-2007, 02:53 PM
Paul Coffman's career high in receptions as a Packer was 56 in 1979, which I believe is also the most for a Packer TE. Chmura and Franks both reached 54. I sure can't think of any other Packer TE who could've challenged the 50 catch plateau.

Lee currently has 47 receptions.

K-town
12-17-2007, 03:10 PM
Thanks!

Patler
12-17-2007, 03:49 PM
Paul Coffman's career high in receptions as a Packer was 56 in 1979, which I believe is also the most for a Packer TE. Chmura and Franks both reached 54. I sure can't think of any other Packer TE who could've challenged the 50 catch plateau.

Lee currently has 47 receptions.

Jackie Harris had 55 one year. I remember him almost breaking Coffman's record.

OS PA
12-17-2007, 03:54 PM
With Shockey on IR does Donald Lee go to the Pro-bowl?

The top four tight-ends in the NFC are Shockey, Whitten, Cooley, and Lee.

Lee has been more productive than Cooley, and he's up there with Whitten. Problem is he's not a big name guy.

Hopefully he leads in the non-fan voting.

We'll see tomorrow.

gureski
12-17-2007, 09:40 PM
That's a great point about Lee being a Pro-Bowl possibility. Witten is a lock but who else is doing better than Lee in the NFC?

I haven't really heard much about his possibilities but then again, I've been living under a rock for 9 months and this is my first day out so what do I know. It's good to be back.

ny10804
12-17-2007, 10:19 PM

Lee has been more productive than Cooley, and he's up there with Whitten. Problem is he's not a big name guy.

We'll see tomorrow.

If by more productive you mean 13 less catches, 138 less yards, 1 less TD, but .3 more YPC, then you're correct. If by "up there with Witten," you mean 41 less catches, 495 less yards, 1 less TD, but .1 more YPC, you are again correct.

KYPack
12-17-2007, 10:26 PM
Lee has vastly improved himself, & the offense.

He is now big play weapon that must be accounted for.

He is also a really good blocker. He made a crushing angle block on the Ryan TD last week. He knows what he's doing and likes to make plays. I never had a clue this guy had the potential to become what he is at this point.

OS PA
12-18-2007, 07:22 AM

We'll see tomorrow.

If by more productive you mean 13 less catches, 138 less yards, 1 less TD, but .3 more YPC, then you're correct. If by "up there with Witten," you mean 41 less catches, 495 less yards, 1 less TD, but .1 more YPC, you are again correct.

Damn, I'll eat crow here.

PaCkFan_n_MD
12-18-2007, 08:37 AM
I don't think Lee makes it. Cooley is a pretty popular player.