PDA

View Full Version : The Most Hopeful Sign

The Shadow
12-17-2007, 06:41 PM
is that each week young players are stepping up, gaining confidence, and getting a chance to be "the guy".
This year, Greg Jennings, Ryan Grant, Ruvell Martin, James Jones, Atari Bigby, Will Blackmon, Kory Hall, Mason Crosby, and Donald Lee are getting chances to really shine.
When a team starts developing the mindset that any player at a given moment can be a true difference-maker, that team becomes very dangerous.

BallHawk
12-17-2007, 06:43 PM
Not only are they performing this season, this team can be good for a long time to come if Ted keeps these guys in Green Bay.

Badgerinmaine
12-17-2007, 06:47 PM
Absolutely. It's been nice that Favre has NOT had to carry everything on his back every game.

FritzDontBlitz
12-17-2007, 07:28 PM
The most positive sign I've seen is how the two running backs that were expected to carry the rushing load at the beginning of the season have accepted their roles on special teams. Vernand Morency and Brandon Jackson have shown themselves to be true team players since the emergence of Ryan Grant.

RashanGary
12-17-2007, 07:57 PM
I'm also impressed with Mornecy's attitude. I hate him at RB, but he's played his heart out on ST's and never complained. It's hard to cut a guy like that, but I think they are going to have to. He's just not good enough to warrant a roster spot IMO.

The thing that impresses me most is the ST's. We've had good coverage for most of the year (except the Dallas game), and now our return game is starting to shine as well. I think the Packers are a 3 phase dangerous team that can beat you on any given night even if one of the three phases lays an egg.

RashanGary
12-17-2007, 07:59 PM
Some days the offense shows up. Sometimes it's the defense. Sometimes the ST's. If all three show up, this team could even beat the Pats. I doubt they would, but they could if they played their A game and NE had a couple costly turnovers.

b bulldog
12-17-2007, 08:20 PM
The Pats are beatable. They have no running game and their D is suspect.

mmmdk
12-17-2007, 08:55 PM

...would someone please do it? I prefer the cheaters to lose in the playoffs; let them go 16-0 but trash'em in january.

Joemailman
12-17-2007, 09:28 PM
The Colts nearly beat the Patriots despite playing without Marvin Harrison. If they get Harrison back, they are as good as the Patriots.

The Shadow
12-17-2007, 09:39 PM
The Colts nearly beat the Patriots despite playing without Marvin Harrison. If they get Harrison back, they are as good as the Patriots.

Hmmm... Can't really agree with that one.

cheesner
12-18-2007, 10:01 AM
The Packers match up well with the pats. It will be a good game - I doubt the media would give them much of a chance. I think we would slow down their passing game, and their running game isn't exactly scarry. On offense, if Brett stays smart, we can move the ball steadily in the short passing game.

ND72
12-18-2007, 10:14 AM

they haven't had to have a running game. When your QB is 40 of 50 in games for 400 yards and 5 TD's....why run it?

dissident94
12-18-2007, 11:12 AM

Sure every team is beatable. But do you think anyone will actually do it.

Jerry Tagge
12-18-2007, 11:33 AM
New England has Tom Brady, God's gift to football. They can't lose.

Even if Brady somehow makes a bad play, like, let's say, he fumbles with under 2:00 to go, the refs will find some lame excuse to overturn it and let the Patriots have the ball until they score.