PDA

View Full Version : MNF thread...

packers11
12-17-2007, 08:01 PM
3-0 Bears lead...

AP fumbles, Fergy fumbles... Not looking good for vikings giving up all these turnovers...

FritzDontBlitz
12-17-2007, 08:03 PM
Still early. That was a pretty decent drive before the mishandled snap, though...

packers11
12-17-2007, 08:09 PM
Who do we root for??? :lol:

FritzDontBlitz
12-17-2007, 08:11 PM
Not that it matters either way, but I'm rooting for the Vikes.

b bulldog
12-17-2007, 08:18 PM
Root for the Bears cause than the Skins would than control their own destiny and they play Dallas in two weeks, in washington.

Carolina_Packer
12-17-2007, 08:21 PM
For me it's Rastak vs. Bearman...I gotta go Rastak!

RashanGary
12-17-2007, 08:28 PM
I'm rooting for Da Bears becuase if the Vikings lose, the Redskins have the inside track to a playoff birth and they will play inspired football against Dallas next week.

motife
12-17-2007, 08:43 PM
Of the Running backs, who's best? Adrian Peterson, Adrian Peterson, or Chester Taylor?

OS PA
12-17-2007, 08:44 PM
Next week is looking to be a nice stats buffer for our team. I'm hoping it shoots us up to 1st offensively and at least 5th defensively. Both should be attainable. I'm voting Packers 47, Bears 3. For tonight, go Vikings, I think they have the best shot at knocking Dallas off.

FritzDontBlitz
12-17-2007, 08:52 PM
Field goal fest. The Bears defense seems to be going balls out so far. The Vikings have not been able to sustain drives. The Bears offense has been pretty putrid, they have benefitted from excellent field position to start their two field goal drives. So far all the Bears have mustered on offense is a few passes to Devin Hester.

6-3 Bears at the 2 minute warning.

b bulldog
12-17-2007, 08:54 PM
Two dominant D's and two ......offenses

FritzDontBlitz
12-17-2007, 08:55 PM
By the way, they just ran off a bunch of teams that would be eliminated from the playoffs with a Vikings win.

FritzDontBlitz
12-17-2007, 08:58 PM
Of the Running backs, who's best? Adrian Peterson, Adrian Peterson, or Chester Taylor?

The Petersons are about a tie. Adrian L. (Minnesota) did have a fumbled handoff to kill a promising Viking's drive in the 1st quarter.

MadtownPacker
12-17-2007, 08:59 PM
The obvious choice is the bears because it give the Redskins something to play for. But the way this game is going the only real loser is going to be any of us that watch the whole damn thing.

FritzDontBlitz
12-17-2007, 09:02 PM
Horrible pass by Tavaris Jackson to a wide open Nathan Vasher and returned to the Minnesota 12. :43 left in the half.

Orton to Moose Muhammad, TD Bears. 13-3 with the upcoming PAT.

WAIT.

Play is under review.....

Lurker64
12-17-2007, 09:02 PM
That was some legendary decisionmaking by Jackson. Ouch.

FritzDontBlitz
12-17-2007, 09:04 PM
The obvious choice is the bears because it give the Redskins something to play for. But the way this game is going the only real loser is going to be any of us that watch the whole damn thing.

Now you know how Bears fans always feel.

Lurker64
12-17-2007, 09:06 PM
I've only caught parts of this game. Is the Bears defense playing well enough to make me worried for Sunday? Or is the Vikings Offense just extra extra suspect?

Bossman641
12-17-2007, 09:07 PM
The Bears suck. Watching their offense makes me want to puke. Don't turn the ball over on Sunday and we should win about 77-3.

FritzDontBlitz
12-17-2007, 09:32 PM
Kyle Orton is still the master of the bounce pass.

Joemailman
12-17-2007, 09:38 PM
Fergy Rocks! :P

MJZiggy
12-17-2007, 09:40 PM
I gave up watching in disgust at the half, are the announcers still giving Jackson quarterbacking lessons from the booth while just giving Orton a pass because he's third string?

FritzDontBlitz
12-17-2007, 09:41 PM
Fergie takes a short crossing route and turns it into a 71 yard gain after breaking a few tackles. He's run down from behind and tackled at the 1, but AP takes it in on the very next play. Longwell misses the PAT.

13-12 Bears.

FritzDontBlitz
12-17-2007, 09:43 PM
I gave up watching in disgust at the half, are the announcers still giving Jackson quarterbacking lessons from the booth while just giving Orton a pass because he's third string?

Its a given that all the Bears QB's suck I guess.

HarveyWallbangers
12-17-2007, 09:44 PM
I know some would rather have the Bears lose. Some of us would rather have the Vikings lose (those in the Twin Cities). However, the Bears won't make the playoffs. If the Vikes lose, it would really hurt their playoff chances. So, in this case, it's okay to root for the Bears--which I'm doing.
:D

Actually, I haven't watched one play from this game. Sounds like I'm fortunate.

MJZiggy
12-17-2007, 09:45 PM
Yes, but if the Vikings are gonna play like this, don't we want them in the playoffs?

Lurker64
12-17-2007, 09:48 PM
What's with the green Vikings sweater Chilly is wearing? They make green Vikings gear?

Lurker64
12-17-2007, 09:54 PM
In terms of offense in the modern era, this is one of the most pathetic games I have ever seen.

Iron Mike
12-17-2007, 09:55 PM
Fergie takes a short crossing route and turns it into a 71 yard gain after breaking a few tackles. He's run down from behind and tackled at the 1.

Is it just me or should that have been a horse-collar tackle penalty on Tillman on that stop at the one??

BallHawk
12-17-2007, 09:58 PM
McKie wide open on 4th and 1 and Orton throws it 3 feet over his head.

OKC PackerFan
12-17-2007, 10:04 PM
Damn, Bears and Vikes have got sick with envy of our QB situation. Not only do we have a HOF QB playing well, but our back up looks like he can come in to the game any time and play well enough to keep our offense clicking. Can't say that about their starting and backup QB's.

MJZiggy
12-17-2007, 10:14 PM
Damn, Bears and Vikes have got sick with envy of our QB situation. Not only do we have a HOF QB playing well, but our back up looks like he can come in to the game any time and play well enough to keep our offense clicking. Can't say that about their starting and backup QB's.

Well if you're Chicago, the question becomes "what backup qb's?"

HarveyWallbangers
12-17-2007, 10:15 PM
Yes, but if the Vikings are gonna play like this, don't we want them in the playoffs?

Not me. Even if I felt Minnesota was the worst team in the NFC, I wouldn't want them in the playoffs--I especially don't want the possibility that they might play us. It only stems from the fact that I live in the Twin Cities, and I'd rather they be done for the season in 3 weeks.

Carolina_Packer
12-17-2007, 10:19 PM
Hey, Bollinger has some quicks on that 2 point. That cutback on the TD by AP was pretty special.

FritzDontBlitz
12-17-2007, 10:24 PM
God, what does Childress see in Tavaris Jackson? He's horrible.

FritzDontBlitz
12-17-2007, 10:25 PM

And Craig Nall was available.

Pacopete4
12-17-2007, 10:26 PM
isnt it kinda sad to be a vikes fan when our 6th best WR that we had is their #1?.. id feel pretty sad about that

Lurker64
12-17-2007, 10:27 PM
Remember duing training camp when all the talk out of ESPN about the NFC north was about how dangerous and dynamic the Bears offense was going to be, with Berrian and Olsen and with giving Hester snaps at WR?

BallHawk
12-17-2007, 10:28 PM
Orton is so bad the refs mistake his bad throws for intentional grounding. :lol:

OKC PackerFan
12-17-2007, 10:31 PM

Or, "what starting QB's".

Carolina_Packer
12-17-2007, 10:39 PM
I honestly thought this would have been the AP show tonight, even more than it has been. The Bears have been a little bit better against the run than I thought they'd be.

I like Sidney Rice, he's just young and inexperienced, but has looked good in spots, but why let TJ throw that much when you can run? They said TJ has one of the highest, if not the highest number of play action passes, as well he should. The running game should allow him to be to that.

Lurker64
12-17-2007, 10:45 PM
Well, the Bears won't lose two games this year where they have a +4 turnover advantage.

FritzDontBlitz
12-17-2007, 10:46 PM
That was very painful to watch. Minnesota is going to burn AP out in three years if they don't find a decent QB.

Gotta go listen to the Chicago media cry about the loss. Peace, ya'll....

Carolina_Packer
12-17-2007, 10:47 PM
Well, Sharper seals the deal. The Vikes knock out several teams from the playoffs, including the Bears, in the process. Weird how Super Bowl runner-ups have sucked the following year lately. That's why we have to win the Super Bowl if we get there! :lol:

esoxx
12-17-2007, 10:47 PM
Gawd, I never want to watch another game with Kyle Orton behind center. Brutal. Hideous.

Freak Out
12-17-2007, 10:51 PM
Gawd, I never want to watch another game with Kyle Orton behind center. Brutal. Hideous.

Next week. :lol:

esoxx
12-17-2007, 10:54 PM
The only thing more hideous was those ugly-ass purple tops and pants. I had to put on sunglasses to watch the damn game. The all purple look is not at all inspired and looks silly.

Carolina_Packer
12-17-2007, 10:56 PM

Shhhh! They might reconsider and put in Griese!

Deputy Nutz
12-17-2007, 11:10 PM
How horrible is it to listen to Adrian Peterson ask Emmit Smith for advice. Smith is painful.

FritzDontBlitz
12-17-2007, 11:18 PM
Shit. I forgot the Bears are so god-awful now that they don't even use their best crew to bitch about a loss. No gloating for me until the morning editions come out.

Gonna be interesting seeing how they balance their venom about tonight's loss with their closet mancrush for Favre the rest of this week.

gbgary
12-17-2007, 11:21 PM
i thought the bear's d was pretty good considering it was on the field nearly 2/3rds of the time. that offense is horrible. 3-and-outs were a major player tonight.

Rastak
12-17-2007, 11:58 PM
Just got back from the game. My observations.

1) I'm pissed security didn't throw out the two drunken morons a row behind me (Vike fans). There were damn near 3 fistfights and these hammered monkey dicks were totally at fault.

2) The fight that broke out right next to me (unrelated to the morons) was somewhat interesting. I have no idea who was at fault but the bear fan was bleeding.

3) On to the game. Jackson looked awful if you ask me. Not 100% his fault, there seemed to be NO blocking on either run plays or pass plays. The only thing worse than watching the Vikings offense when they play like that is watching the even worse Bears offense. Man are they bad!

4) Vikings defense played a great game, as did the Bears. Nice pick by Sharper to finish off the game. The dummy should have taken a knee in the endzone though....I thought he learned not to do that?

5) Peterson still amazes me how he runs with that big brace.

6) Vikes has some injuries so things aren't looking so good for next weeks game. Winfield, Rice for sure....I heard Greeb Bay favorite Ferguson got hurt. Which also brings up that guy seemed to slow down near the endzone. He really should have scored. If the Vikings turn the ball over like that they can forget winning. Only the Bears give you a free pass.

Rastak
12-18-2007, 12:00 AM
I know some would rather have the Bears lose. Some of us would rather have the Vikings lose (those in the Twin Cities). However, the Bears won't make the playoffs. If the Vikes lose, it would really hurt their playoff chances. So, in this case, it's okay to root for the Bears--which I'm doing.
:D

Actually, I haven't watched one play from this game. Sounds like I'm fortunate.

Sorry to disappoint you Harv...... :wink:

Rastak
12-18-2007, 12:01 AM
In terms of offense in the modern era, this is one of the most pathetic games I have ever seen.

Hell, it was bad even in the old era..... :lol:

Rastak
12-18-2007, 12:04 AM
God, what does Childress see in Tavaris Jackson? He's horrible.

He's been okay the last few weeks but he did kinda wilt under the big lights. Some of it wasn't his fault. He had a guy in the face the entire game.

the_idle_threat
12-18-2007, 03:44 AM
I can't believe people spend the kind of money it takes to attend a game and then spend the game fighting with other fans. They can't be enjoying the game, and this makes it a crappy atmosphere for everyone else. Glad you "survived" the game. Ras.

Guiness
12-18-2007, 04:59 AM
6) Vikes has some injuries so things aren't looking so good for next weeks game. Winfield, Rice for sure....I heard Greeb Bay favorite Ferguson got hurt. Which also brings up that guy seemed to slow down near the endzone. He really should have scored. If the Vikings turn the ball over like that they can forget winning. Only the Bears give you a free pass.

From the post game writeup...

Jackson's first throw was on target to Robert Ferguson, but the ball bounced off his chest and into Urlacher's hands and he returned it to the Minnesota 14.

Dontcha all miss that guy (correct answer is 'yes, with every bullet so far')

jk for the humour impaired :lol:

Joemailman
12-18-2007, 06:52 AM
I thought the 2 defenses look good because they were facing quarterbacks who don't have any idea what to do when facing an obvious blitz. That was some really bad QB play.

4and12to12and4
12-18-2007, 07:04 AM

From the post game writeup...

Jackson's first throw was on target to Robert Ferguson, but the ball bounced off his chest and into Urlacher's hands and he returned it to the Minnesota 14.

Dontcha all miss that guy (correct answer is 'yes, with every bullet so far')

jk for the humour impaired :lol:

Well, for any here wondered how fast fergy is these days, he showed us last night. Tillman literally came from almost 20 yards behind him, had to run around a block and STILL caught up with him, and I watched the play over and over and noticed that if there were ten more yards to go, Briggs would've caught him, he was slowly gaining on him also, but it was quite a balancing act on his part to break those tackles, that was a great play on his part, even if he got caught from behind, they scored 6 the next play and if not for that play, they may have lost the game. So, we are ripping him, and he had the biggest play of the night and really did a great job to avoid three Bears taking him down, and that wasn't easy last night, the Bears 'd' really showed up. Props to Fergy, hope he returns to the lineup (especially if we play 'em again :oops: ).

Rastak
12-18-2007, 07:42 AM
I thought Ferguson really slowed down when he hit the ten yard line or he would have scored. He left the game a bit later and I thought he got hurt, but just saw this in the Pioneer Press...

In other injury news, right tackle Ryan Cook and Ferguson left the game with stomach illnesses. Both returned.

That's why Ferguson said he couldn't finish his long reception, one in which he was stopped at the 1-yard line.

"I didn't have anything to eat, all day. I was playing on fumes," he said. "I was sick."

Iron Mike
12-18-2007, 07:49 AM
i thought the bear's d was pretty good considering it was on the field nearly 2/3rds of the time. that offense is horrible. 3-and-outs were a major player tonight.

BEAR DOWN!!!!!!!

http://www.fapas.es/notifapas/2006/osoburbia.jpg

PaCkFan_n_MD
12-18-2007, 08:39 AM
I was actually rooting for the Bears yesterday. The Vikings would be a very hard team to beat in bad weather. They can stop the run and they can run the football. Not a good combination for their opponent.

BallHawk
12-18-2007, 11:11 AM
How horrible is it to listen to Adrian Peterson ask Emmit Smith for advice. Smith is painful.

Probably a planted question.

I just hope that they don't get AP to ask Emmit for advice on grammar. :shock:

Jerry Tagge
12-18-2007, 11:26 AM

Shhhh! They might reconsider and put in Griese!
Don't worry, Mrs. Howell wants to get a good look at Orton.

We got a good look last night. Orton might throw more TD passes to the Packers than Rex did last year.

Lurker64
12-18-2007, 01:03 PM
The funny thing about the Bears is that they're a running team that can't run the ball very well, and they don't have a QB. Plus their defense isn't getting any younger.

The outlook looks bleak.

Zool
12-18-2007, 01:07 PM

If I didnt hate the Bears so much, I might actually feel bad for them. Jim Miller is the best QB they've had in the last 20 years.

4and12to12and4
12-18-2007, 03:36 PM

If I didnt hate the Bears so much, I might actually feel bad for them. Jim Miller is the best QB they've had in the last 20 years.

The highlight of last nights game is when Cornheiser was looking at the list of QB's in Chicago's history since the "bad boy" in '85, and one of the first names was Will Furrerr (something like that, don't know him either) and he said, Will Ferrell? Did I see Will Ferrell on that list? I laughed my ass off. I know Bear's fans had to be PISSED at the broadcasters last night, they were relentless!!