PDA

View Full Version : Lost Season 4

Pages : 1 [2]

Partial
03-01-2008, 03:35 PM
Her dad is in next week's episode per my television on-screen guide. I think he is part of the whole thing.

He bought the piece from Alvar Hanso this week who was the president of Dharma is the lost book if I remember correctly.

twoseven
03-01-2008, 03:45 PM
I'm telling you guys, he went back and changed time, because do you think in 2001 when he saw Penny at the stadium she knew that he would call on Christmas Eve 2004? I don't.

Then why was she pissed at him in 96' when he first zapped back? She was never actually angry with him in any of their flashbacks in any of the 2nd or 3rd seasons. When he was off in the military she was waiting for him, not angry. When he was going off to do her dad's race she was going to wait for him, not angry. She was never angry like she was in the last episode, why then all of a sudden?

Deputy Nutz
03-01-2008, 10:06 PM
First, I disagree with Mad, this was a fantastic episode that shed a bit of light on the issues with the Island, time displacement of some sort. Time is not moving correctly on the Island. Most of this has been figured out or guessed at by fellow members of this forum.

I loved the anchor with Penny and Desmond. It is a story line that is as overlooked as the character of Desmond is, he is not Jack, Kate, or Sawyer so some pass over his importance to the show.

Anyways I liked the episode.

I could go into all the theories on time travel or whatever you want to refer to as, but I don't fully understand the complexities of it on the show.

Partial
03-01-2008, 11:47 PM
I agree with Nutz in that it was an excellent episode. The Desmond/Penny story is one of the best on the show imo.

Fosco33
03-02-2008, 11:19 AM
Anyone considered that the 'Oceanic 6' were all away from the hatch explosion (Kate, Jack, Sayid, Hurley)... that would mean that Sun/Jin would be the final two. Just a thought...

Partial
03-02-2008, 11:36 AM
Interesting theory

red
03-06-2008, 06:01 PM
LETS DO THIS SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oregonpackfan
03-07-2008, 12:40 AM
The way this week's episode ended shocked me as well as Hurley and Sawyer. They watched Ben go walking freely by as he said to the two, "See you guys at dinner!"

For Locke to release Ben is totally insane. Ben is one contemptuous, cunning, amoral, slimy weasel! :x Letting him walk around free is like warming a stick of dynamite with a blowtorch!

Partial
03-07-2008, 06:42 AM
They should just follow Ben. I think they'll end up doing that and they'll stay safe.

I do think he is lying about Chuck Widmore's intentions, though. My guess is he is coming to kill Ben, not to commercialize the island.

MadtownPacker
03-07-2008, 08:11 AM
First, I disagree with Mad, this was a fantastic episode that shed a bit of light on the issues with the Island, time displacement of some sort. Time is not moving correctly on the Island. Most of this has been figured out or guessed at by fellow members of this forum.

I loved the anchor with Penny and Desmond. It is a story line that is as overlooked as the character of Desmond is, he is not Jack, Kate, or Sawyer so some pass over his importance to the show.

I could go into all the theories on time travel or whatever you want to refer to as, but I don't fully understand the complexities of it on the show.The fact Partial agrees with you should be the first sign you might be wrong. Dont get me wrong I thought it was a good epi as far as how it was done but the storyline going in the direction of time travel is what I dont like. IN the begining of the show the creators said everything would be explainable in a realistc way. While the black smoke kinda threw a wrench in those plans right away the time travel stuff is taking it too far IMO.

Partial
03-07-2008, 08:27 AM
Well Mad, there was obviously something going on with that as the Island was masked, and could be detected, but not visibly seen from the outside world and the fact Desmond couldn't leave on the boat back in the Season 2 finale.

I think it was kind of lame to do the time travel that way again. I thought it was cooler to have that only happen when Des turned the key. Also, it was kind of cool with his ability to see the future.

I thought it was a good episode. I think the next two before the hiatus are going to be excellent.

oregonpackfan
03-07-2008, 10:10 AM
Last night's episode focused primarily around Juliette. It was revealing to find out she was having an affair with the husband of the island psychologist.

What was especially eerie was to find out that Juliette was the obsessive object of Ben's desire. When he came out and told her "You're mine!" that must have sent a chill to every female viewer in the country! How would you like to learn that a manipulative psychopathic mind like Ben considered you his personal property? Brrr! :shock:

Deputy Nutz
03-07-2008, 10:15 AM
I was a bit board with this episode. Juliette is gonna be the down fall to the Island bunch.

Deputy Nutz
03-07-2008, 10:18 AM

I could go into all the theories on time travel or whatever you want to refer to as, but I don't fully understand the complexities of it on the show.The fact Partial agrees with you should be the first sign you might be wrong. Dont get me wrong I thought it was a good epi as far as how it was done but the storyline going in the direction of time travel is what I dont like. IN the begining of the show the creators said everything would be explainable in a realistc way. While the black smoke kinda threw a wrench in those plans right away the time travel stuff is taking it too far IMO.

I think Polar Bears on a tropical Island and a black mist that kills people is a little unrealistic but it keeps my attention, although the point you bring up about Partial is a crushing blow on my thought process on "LOST".

twoseven
03-08-2008, 06:14 AM
I do think he is lying about Chuck Widmore's intentions, though. My guess is he is coming to kill Ben, not to commercialize the island.
The island is a veritable Garden of Eden and possibly a Fountain of Youth rolled into one. Of course he could commercalize it.

Many people survived a horrific airline crash. Locke could walk on legs that didn't work, now has become hard to kill. A woman with cancer is cured of cancer. An infertle couple conceived a child. At least one person, Roger Alpert, seems to have not aged in his time on the island, time appears to move faster outisde of the island's bubble of life. Food is still apparently dropped every now and then. People cannot find island easily, even harder to actually land there. Possible wormholes for instant global travel. A chittering smoke cloud that appears to keep evil people in line. Island life seems pretty relaxed, weather has yet to be treacherous in over 3 months time. Many of the survivors have been given a second chance on the island whereas their outside lives weren't all that great, coincedence? All in all, not a bad place to live, just can't make any babies (and if the island does in fact allow you to be cured of all ailments and then live without aging normally, seems a fair price to pay).

Sorry man, all of that seems pretty marketable to me. It is a pretty good explanation for why Ben is wanting to keep it quiet and all to himself, and exactly why he would want to figure out how to make reproduction work on the island, to make the place Heaven on Earth. Talk about the ultimate get away..

The first mate's diary from the Black Rock is going to hold some or possibly all of the secrets to the island that drove Widmore to find the place. Just like it allowed Hasno to find the place and establish Dharma there a generation earlier (to do many tests on the island's makup, no less). Hanso's distant relative was the original Captain of the Black Rock, his ship is still landlocked there since around 1845. That diary allowed his descendants to find the island, and now it's led Widmore there.

LL2
03-08-2008, 07:23 AM
How would Faraday and Charlotte (is that her name) know that Ben planned on killing people on the Island so they had to stop that nuclear reactor thing. Was Ben going to kill everyone and start things all over again?

I'm curious to know who on the boat is Ben's inside contact. Could it be Walt's dad? It has to be someone left the show in the first two season's.

Ben walked because Locke honored their agreement. Locke wants to keep the island protected as much as Ben does. It's the enemy of my enemy is my ally thought process that has those two working together at times.

Charles Woodson
03-08-2008, 09:51 AM
How would Faraday and Charlotte (is that her name) know that Ben planned on killing people on the Island so they had to stop that nuclear reactor thing. Was Ben going to kill everyone and start things all over again?

I'm curious to know who on the boat is Ben's inside contact. Could it be Walt's dad? It has to be someone left the show in the first two season's.

Ben walked because Locke honored their agreement. Locke wants to keep the island protected as much as Ben does. It's the enemy of my enemy is my ally thought process that has those two working together at times.

yea i think Michaels on the boat

twoseven
03-08-2008, 10:56 AM
How would Faraday and Charlotte (is that her name) know that Ben planned on killing people on the Island so they had to stop that nuclear reactor thing. Was Ben going to kill everyone and start things all.
They remarked that they knew about his mass murder of the oriignal Dharma group.."he (used gas) once before.."..that would not be impossible to find out, he did kill over 40 people that were still connected to the outside world.

My answer to your second question of Ben's intentions..at this point it is pretty safe to say HE IS INSANE, as Locke said so eloquently in the cabin with Jacob the first time, and he'll do anything to protect his own interests. He murdered 40 innocent people, he has lied and deceived his own people and the islanders for his own gain, he has attempted to kill both Locke and Charlotte, he's got Sayid killing people for him in the future, he sent Goodwin on a possible suicide mission, and his exclamation to Juliet of "you belong to me" is about as telling as anything. This friggin guy is unhinged, he's found something (the island) that he will do anything to have and protect. He's killed before, why not do it again if it means prolonging his reign?

He's the ultimate villian, I love it. I was laughing my ass off when he said 'see ya at dinner' to a shocked Hurley and Sawyer. :lol:

oregonpackfan
03-08-2008, 10:57 AM

yea i think Michaels on the boat

That is my suspicion as well. I think Michael never make it off the island with Walt. He was just tricked by Ben into thinking he had freedom.

GrnBay007
03-13-2008, 08:01 PM
Time for Lost!! :D

Charles Woodson
03-13-2008, 09:04 PM
It was an okay episode...
So we were right, michael was on the boat, apparently not willingly, sounds like Ben is holding walt hostage? Sun gets off, but not Jin,(damn i really liked him) and yea... Next week episode looks Siccckkkkk

GrnBay007
03-13-2008, 10:44 PM
It was an okay episode...
So we were right, michael was on the boat, apparently not willingly, sounds like Ben is holding walt hostage? Sun gets off, but not Jin,(damn i really liked him) and yea... Next week episode looks Siccckkkkk

Do we really know Jin didn't get off the island? Maybe he died after he was off the island.......or did I miss something??

The whole poisonous gas thing may be why Jack is so distraught after leaving the island...feeling that he left knowing people would die and wanting to go back to see what happened.

So what do you guys think about what the Captain of the boat said about all those bodies being recovered from the airline crash? Someone left a note not to trust him.

Partial
03-13-2008, 11:48 PM
I didn't get to watch the episode yet due to an insane amount of crazy difficult math homework, but the fact Jin was buried off the island implied he got off. He and Sun were the last members of the Oceanic Six according to the producers.

Partial
03-13-2008, 11:50 PM
http://spoilerslost.blogspot.com/2008/03/episode-408-meet-kevin-johnson-promo.html

That is the Canadian preview for next week.

Here are the two short teasers ABC shows during the week.

http://spoilerslost.blogspot.com/2008/03/episode-408-meet-kevin-johnson-2-sneak.html

oregonpackfan
03-14-2008, 12:29 AM
I didn't get to watch the episode yet due to an insane amount of crazy difficult math homework, but the fact Jin was buried off the island implied he got off. He and Sun were the last members of the Oceanic Six according to the producers.

You forget that Jin secured the Panda(twice from a store) as a token of appreciation from his Korean employer to a Chinese guest who just had a grandson born. It seemed to me that Jin faked his death and is alive back in Korea.

Yes, we were all right about predicting Michael was Ben's spy on the boat.

It was weird watching the female crew made commit suicide by jumping off the boat with chains strapped around her. The other crew members seemed so nonchalant when she made the jump. Even the captain dismissed it as "Cabin Fever."

It was quite a scene when Juliette revealed to Jin that his wife had an affair before the island. It was a pretty powerful trump card to keep her from joining up with Locke.

twoseven
03-14-2008, 05:36 AM
You forget that Jin secured the Panda(twice from a store) as a token of appreciation from his Korean employer to a Chinese guest who just had a grandson born. It seemed to me that Jin faked his death and is alive back in Korea.
Sun's delivery was a flashforward. Jin's Panda delivery was a flashback to a time period well before they ever landed on the island. He said he had only been married for two months as he left the hospital. He was doing a job for his father-in-law. Notice how aggresive he was as his cab was stolen, a temperment he developed as a newly appointed thug for Sun's dad.

MadtownPacker
03-14-2008, 07:53 AM
Sun's delivery was a flashforward. Jin's Panda delivery was a flashback to a time period well before they ever landed on the island. He said he had only been married for two months as he left the hospital. He was doing a job for his father-in-law. Notice how aggresive he was as his cab was stolen, a temperment he developed as a newly appointed thug for Sun's dad.Yup that was a flashback and a flashforward. Great epi.

For sure Jin is gonna die a heroes death. If his body is buried at the grave Sun went to visit then he died trying to get them off the island. He dies with honor.

But he really should have backhanded Sun once or twice for cheating on him with that bald, sick looking SOB. When Juliette dropped the bomb on him about Sun's affair I was like "DAAMMMMNNNN!".

Michael is being forced to do something on the ship so that means Walt is still on the island.

Based on Juliette telling Sun that in about a month she would get sick and die and her having the baby back in civilization is it safe to say they get off in a month?

LL2
03-14-2008, 08:26 AM
Sun's delivery was a flashforward. Jin's Panda delivery was a flashback to a time period well before they ever landed on the island. He said he had only been married for two months as he left the hospital. He was doing a job for his father-in-law. Notice how aggresive he was as his cab was stolen, a temperment he developed as a newly appointed thug for Sun's dad.

That was confusing. I didn't see it clearly as a flash back and a flash foward mixed together. I was thinking Jin faked his death too, but that wouldn't make sense. He said he worked for Mr. Paik, Sun's dad, and I doubt he would go back working for him after he left the island. He hated Sun's dad.

oregonpackfan
03-14-2008, 10:23 AM

Come to think of it, I think your assessment is correct, Twoseven.

twoseven
03-14-2008, 02:31 PM

That was confusing. I didn't see it clearly as a flash back and a flash foward mixed together. I was thinking Jin faked his death too, but that wouldn't make sense. He said he worked for Mr. Paik, Sun's dad, and I doubt he would go back working for him after he left the island. He hated Sun's dad.
When Jin tried to buy the second Panda the shop owner tried to sell him a dragon. The shop owner said 'it's the year of the dragon..' That would make it the year 2000 or the year 2012. If it were 2012: what was with that cell phone, and how about the design of the cars. It was 2000, four years before 815 crashed on the island..

..which brings me to my second note. The date on Jin's grave is September 22, 2004. That's the date of the crash. That stone was obvioulsy placed there symbolically after news of the crash with no survivors hit the world, JIN IS NOT THERE, IN THE GROUND. Sun probably has a stone somewhere else too, her father would never have placed them together. So Jin's either still on the island (dead or alive), or somewhere else unbeknownst to Sun.

That does not change the presumed fact that Jin's Panda adventure still happened in 2000. That flashback has absolutely no bearing on what has happened since the crash and what will happen in future episodes. Jin's flashback was simply a smokescreen to make Sun's flashforward and what actually happened to Jin more mysterious.

Sun had TWO toothbrushes in her bathroom. Eh?

Jin's story is NOT over. Jin could still be alive on the island, and Sun doesn't know it (though that's doubtful). He could still be on the island and she DOES know it, she's pretending he's dead to the outside world like Jack has been doing (that's very possible). Jin could also have been killed on the island, hero style, before she escaped.

Regardless, it seems to me that Jin is NOT the last of the Oceanic Six. The date on the stone allows for another to surprise us later, unsuspecting, because without catching the date we would just assume that was it for the six and move forward. To me that would be a typical Lost curveball.

I don't believe Jin made it off the island and then died because Sun would have gone to his actual burial place, not the symbolic one. I frimly believe he never left the island, probably died there, but who knows. Sun would mourn him like he were dead even if she knows he's still alive on the island because Jack has not been able to get back there. She and he and anyone else who's tried to find the island have had an impossible time doing so. So, Sun would not be pretending in thinking she'd seen the last of Jin, her mourning him as dead is therefore legit.

So did Jin die on the island, or is he still alive there? Obviously Claire never made it off, Kate's raising her kid. Somebody from 815 is still there, Jack and the rest of the Six are telling the outside world a lie, just a matter of time (season 5 or 6) before someone goes back there and we find out.

Fosco33
03-14-2008, 09:17 PM
Anyone considered that the 'Oceanic 6' were all away from the hatch explosion (Kate, Jack, Sayid, Hurley)... that would mean that Sun/Jin would be the final two. Just a thought...
Hmmmm?

Partial
03-14-2008, 10:01 PM
Interesting how that has sort of come true, but Sawyer was there and he isn't an oceanic six. Not that that takes anything away from your theory, just pointing it out, though.

Partial
03-14-2008, 10:04 PM
Good catch on the grave date.

Next week "someone will die" according to the teasers. Though I doubt its an original cast member. I suspect it will be the captain. Or something goofy relating to Michael.

Oddly enough, Big Tom Friendly is in next week's episode according to the TV guide. The episode is called Meet Kevin Smith so it's a Michael episode.

oregonpackfan
03-14-2008, 10:14 PM

Next week "someone will die" according to the teasers. Though I doubt its an original cast member. I suspect it will be the captain. Or something goofy relating to Michael.

Oddly enough, Big Tom Friendly is in next week's episode according to the TV guide. The episode is called Meet Kevin Smith so it's a Michael episode.

I thought Michael was using the name Kevin "Johnson" on the ship.

Fosco33
03-14-2008, 11:47 PM
Interesting how that has sort of come true, but Sawyer was there and he isn't an oceanic six. Not that that takes anything away from your theory, just pointing it out, though.

Good point. Maybe Sawyer is one of the last (Hurley, Jack, Kate, Sun, Jin) - and Jin dies next week (hmmm) or Jin could be the guy in the coffin in NY that Jack goes and sees (or that could be Sawyer, too). Did I miss something?

GrnBay007
03-15-2008, 02:09 AM

Good point. Maybe Sawyer is one of the last (Hurley, Jack, Kate, Sun, Jin) - and Jin dies next week (hmmm) or Jin could be the guy in the coffin in NY that Jack goes and sees (or that could be Sawyer, too). Did I miss something?

But baby Aaron would have to be included in the 6, right?

twoseven
03-15-2008, 07:17 AM

Good point. Maybe Sawyer is one of the last (Hurley, Jack, Kate, Sun, Jin) - and Jin dies next week (hmmm) or Jin could be the guy in the coffin in NY that Jack goes and sees (or that could be Sawyer, too). Did I miss something?Sun went to visit Jin's symbolic grave site. He wasn't there, which makes the likelihood that he ends up in very short (five foot long?) coffin in LA (under a different name, that was a resident of NYC) probably out of the question. Whatever happens to him, his body's NOT getting off the island the first time around.

twoseven
03-15-2008, 07:22 AM

Nope, he wasn't on the original flight register. I say the grave trick is leaving the Lost audience open to another curveball. Many will now think Jin was the six, but he wasn't. We'll get hit unsuspecting with the actual number six later, only to have our jaws drop because we thought it was Jin (because many people didn't realize that Sun went to visit a cemetary that Jin was NOT actually buried in). Though even that seems weak, just perusing the web it seems a ton of people caught the grave date and it's significance.

Concerning the grave, the 1974- 9/22/2004 on the right side seems obvious enough. My question to anyone is what does the 1980 date on the left side of the grave pertain to, is there something in Korean culture that happens around age six that is significant? It is NOT Sun's birthdate, she is actually at least 4 years older than Jin.

Fosco33
03-15-2008, 10:23 AM

Nope, he wasn't on the original flight register. I say the grave trick is leaving the Lost audience open to another curveball. Many will now think Jin was the six, but he wasn't. We'll get hit unsuspecting with the actual number six later, only to have our jaws drop because we thought it was Jin (because many people didn't realize that Sun went to visit a cemetary that Jin was NOT actually buried in). Though even that seems weak, just perusing the web it seems a ton of people caught the grave date and it's significance.

Concerning the grave, the 1974- 9/22/2004 on the right side seems obvious enough. My question to anyone is what does the 1980 date on the left side of the grave pertain to, is there something in Korean culture that happens around age six that is significant? It is NOT Sun's birthdate, she is actually at least 4 years older than Jin.

Coffin man could be Sawyer - and no one else arrived (Kate b/c she was in jail/holding). Jin maybe makes it on a boat off the island but doesn't survive the 'experience' because of his past...

Also - it seems like the '6' were in on a big concocted story (they survived, took care of each other - 'Kates Story') - so that's why the grave date for Jin is the crash date.

Oh - and I forgot Sayid is one of the '6' - so Hurley, Sun, Jack, Kate, Sayid (maybe Jin, maybe Sawyer, maybe Aaron, etc)....

One thing that does rule out though - it's not Michael/Walt (that'd be at least 7). Unless they continue w/ the fake name game - OR Ben keeps Walt hostage, etc.

This is getting pretty good!

3irty1
03-15-2008, 12:07 PM
Ok well against my better judgment I'm going to spout my theories.

First off I don't think we know who the 6th of the oceanic 6 is. I think that Jin and Aaron don't count because Jin was never alive and the baby, Aaron the world didn't even know about because he wasn't on the flight.

Regarding the time travel thing:

It would appear that Desmond had just one consciousness between the present and 1996 and did indeed change the future by influencing Faraday's work and by making that visit to Penny. Faraday doesn't remember because of some unknown condition which they show with the card thing. Althought he is distressed about it, it seems that he is making progress possibly due to the healing properties of the Island. By the way Desmond DID show memory loss when he first started having his episodes on the helicopter. My best guess is that Faraday suffers from a similar condition due to his prolonged exposure to the same purple radiation that Desmond was with the hatch.

The bigger question is how does all this affect how the Island is like 30 minutes behind the boat?

Here's a new theory:

It is obvious that there is a scheme going on that Michael, Ben, and Juliet are a part of. I feel like this shows why Michael killed Ana Lucia. At the time it seemed that Michael did it in part to get Ben back. But now we know that Ana Lucia is the one who killed Goodwin and if Juliet had found this out somehow she'd have a motive to get Michael to kill her. This would have had to go over Ben's head though but it wouldn't be the first time Juliet was manipulative.

oregonpackfan
03-15-2008, 12:09 PM
We also know Rose(the African-American woman in her 50's) and her white dentist husband do not get off the island.

Before the crash, Rose had terminal cancer. During her island stay, the "magical" powers of the island put her cancer in remission. She is not going to leave. Her husband, therefore, will stay on the island with her.

Partial
03-16-2008, 09:21 PM

I thought Michael was using the name Kevin "Johnson" on the ship.

Yes, you're right. I had a little too much Kevin Smith on the mind after realizing Mr. Toad's Wild Ride no longer exists as disney recently.

Partial
03-16-2008, 09:21 PM

I doubt it because he didn't have a plane ticket.

Partial
03-16-2008, 09:22 PM

Good point. Maybe Sawyer is one of the last (Hurley, Jack, Kate, Sun, Jin) - and Jin dies next week (hmmm) or Jin could be the guy in the coffin in NY that Jack goes and sees (or that could be Sawyer, too). Did I miss something?Sun went to visit Jin's symbolic grave site. He wasn't there, which makes the likelihood that he ends up in very short (five foot long?) coffin in LA (under a different name, that was a resident of NYC) probably out of the question. Whatever happens to him, his body's NOT getting off the island the first time around.

Unless he dies off the Island?

I don't think thats out of the question considering Sayid is killing the bad guys for Ben and they tried to do the same thing to him.

Charles Woodson
03-20-2008, 09:39 PM
well that ending sucked

Partial
03-20-2008, 09:44 PM
well that ending sucked

What happened? I didn't get to see it.

Charles Woodson
03-20-2008, 09:50 PM
well that ending sucked

What happened? I didn't get to see it.

im not gana tell you... well lets just say that the persons who die its more like wow you had me going that whole week for these people, damn

red
03-20-2008, 10:28 PM
who did it though?

i'm guessing the little bitch red head

3irty1
03-20-2008, 10:33 PM
Good guess. She is a bitch.

Partial
03-20-2008, 10:45 PM
Last year Eps typically went online at about 4am. God, I am a loser.

I just read a summary and it's not really what I expected. Seems lame. We'll see though. It might be better viewed.

3irty1
03-20-2008, 10:50 PM
That suicide part is super fucked up.

oregonpackfan
03-21-2008, 11:38 AM
It sure was strange to see the French woman get killed at the end. She survived some 15-20 years on the island only to get eliminated when some finally get rescued.

Ben's daughter gives herself up to the sniper. If the sniper(s) hold her ransom, will that give any bargaining power with Ben? He seems like such a heartless cad that he would easily sacrifice his daughter for his personal goals.

Partial
03-21-2008, 12:20 PM
I want to know who was shooting.

As we know now, only 4 of the freighter folks are on the island. I highly doubt it was any of them.

So, that begs the question of who was shooting.

Unfortunately, we have to take a month and 3 days to find out. But then we get 6 more hours of the show to find out.

LL2
03-21-2008, 12:51 PM

As we know now, only 4 of the freighter folks are on the island. I highly doubt it was any of them.

Unfortunately, we have to take a month and 3 days to find out. But then we get 6 more hours of the show to find out.

I have a feeling Ben set up the shooting, but who knows. Maybe more of Widmore's folks got on the island.

oregonpackfan
03-21-2008, 02:04 PM

Of the four freighter people on the island only the redheaded woman could be the sniper. Miles is physically tied up under Locke's supervision, the pilot has no political agenda involving shooting, and Daniel is too much of an egg-head type of scientist to use guns.

Partial
03-21-2008, 02:42 PM
I think it was the others under instruction to defend the "temple" by any means necessary. They probably did not realize they were "others". It would be too predictable if all of a sudden a slew of Widmore's people were on the Island.

Partial
03-21-2008, 02:45 PM
In the podcast after last nights episode, the producers confirmed the Oceanic 6 are Aaron (which is dumb because he wasn't on the plane), Hurley, Kate, Jack, Sun, and Sayid.

If Aaron is considered one without being a passenger on the plane, then its likely that Juliet and Desmond would be considered that as well. It seems unlikely that they get off right away.

Partial
03-21-2008, 02:48 PM
Here is a summary of the podcast. It's spoiler free, but hightlight if you want to read it just to be sure.

*Shocking twist for the finale will not be the final scene, but close to the end of the episode.
*Oceanic Six are Jack, Kate, Hurley, Sayid, Sun, and Aaron.
*Tom (Mr. Friendly) is indeed gay.
*Desmond/Minkowski "side effects" may indeed be the "Sickness" that Rouseau refers to... (they hint at it very strongly)
*The Swan Hatch implosion will probably not be revisited. However, we have not seen the last of the "purple sky" this season.
*They explain the appearance of certain paranormal events and what they are....
Ben's mother=apparition
Sawyer's Boar=animal
Spider=monster
Hurley bird=no comment
Dave=apparation/imagination
Yemi=Monster
Kate's horse=undead
Mikail' Cat Nadia=animal
Walt=some have been apparition, some have been monster
Boone in Locke's dream=dream
*Lepidus name in Expose script that Hurley read is just a name one of the writers in fond of.
*Is Aaron in danger since he is being "Raised by Another"? The psychic told Claire that she must raise the baby herself. They leave it up to the viewers if you believe if the psychic is real or not.
*Significance of name Kevin Johnson.....the Others chose the most innocuous and bland name they could so as not to raise suspicion and raise attention to Michael's alias.
*Will learn much more about four-toed statue and Black Rock.
*Secret code name for the finale twist "The Frozen Donkey Wheel"

MJZiggy
03-21-2008, 06:35 PM
It doesn't seem odd to me that Aaron is one if the six if Kate said he was her son.

Harlan Huckleby
03-21-2008, 06:37 PM
Here is a summary of the podcast. It's spoiler free, but hightlight if you want to read it just to be sure.

Very cool trick. You young people are such wonders with the computers.

Partial
03-21-2008, 10:13 PM
It doesn't seem odd to me that Aaron is one if the six if Kate said he was her son.

That doesn't change the fact that he wasn't on the plane and didn't have a ticket.

Charles Woodson
03-27-2008, 06:14 PM
hey its my favorite day of the week..... oh wait, damn you writers strike..

Okay so check this out, if you rewatch the first season, claires episode, the beginning of it starts off with her having a dream.. Now given that she has not had her baby yet, in the dream she appears not pregnant, she wonderss out in the jungle, and asks locke whats going on, he says, he was your responsibility, and you gave him up...

Partial
03-27-2008, 06:29 PM
hey its my favorite day of the week..... oh wait, damn you writers strike..

Okay so check this out, if you rewatch the first season, claires episode, the beginning of it starts off with her having a dream.. Now given that she has not had her baby yet, in the dream she appears not pregnant, she wonderss out in the jungle, and asks locke whats going on, he says, he was your responsibility, and you gave him up...

Excellent find. That's wild.

GrnBay007
04-17-2008, 09:04 PM
NEW episode next week!!!! :D

Don't forget they changed the time.....9pm C

Partial
04-20-2008, 09:58 PM
Hurray! ABC approved Lost to add an extra hour. We'll get 14 hours this season after all!

The promos look badass next week with Keamy holding Alex hostage.

My prediction is Miles kills Keamy. You hear it here first.

LL2
04-21-2008, 02:20 PM
Ben's daughter gives herself up to the sniper. If the sniper(s) hold her ransom, will that give any bargaining power with Ben? He seems like such a heartless cad that he would easily sacrifice his daughter for his personal goals.

Like Jack's dad on 24?

LL2
04-21-2008, 02:21 PM
How many episodes are there left for this season? I sure hope next year they run the shows week and week. It sucked having a season broken up so many times.

red
04-24-2008, 12:58 PM
OMG, could it be????????????????/

do we actually get a new episode tonight?

Charles Woodson
04-24-2008, 03:48 PM
Today is the greatest day of them all.

The office at 9, Lost at 10, could there be anything better?

red
04-24-2008, 03:56 PM
Today is the greatest day of them all.

The office at 9, Lost at 10, could there be anything better?

2 best shows on TV

and favre on letterman tonight

red
04-24-2008, 09:04 PM
YEAHHHHH, take it off kate!!!!!!!!!!!
damnit, that was almost the best start ever to an episode of lost

christ bens daughter is so ass ugly, she looks like the dude from "mask"

GrnBay007
04-24-2008, 09:51 PM
Wow.........FRA EEKY......the big black smoke smoked em all. Great episode. I thought for a bit Sawyer was a gone man.

red
04-24-2008, 09:55 PM
yup, i thought sawyer and claire were both done for

odd episode, but in a good way

Partial
04-24-2008, 10:04 PM
WOW, amazing episode. Ben can't get back either. Clearly he got put in Tunisia the same way the Polar Bear did.

Things are going to get interesting with Desmond, Penny and Ben.

Time moves a LOT faster on the island if its only October 25th 2005, less than a month since the crash!!

Widmore originally owned the island evidently?

AMAZING EPISODE, BY FAR THE MOST REVEALING EVER.

GrnBay007
04-24-2008, 10:07 PM
you really think she's ugly? it's probably because it's never shown her cleaned up...lol

red
04-24-2008, 10:10 PM
i think the question is what is widmores relationship with the the old slave ship?

he knew to buy the captains log when it came up for auction, why? how did it get off the island?

could this be some odd time travel angle where widmore was once the captain of the slave ship? and he wrecked on the island and found its secrets, only to somehow leave the island (maybe through the portal to tunisia) and was never able to find it again?

hey, stranger things have happened on this show already

GrnBay007
04-24-2008, 10:12 PM
He's not old enough for the slave ship angle...but maybe his father or something.

red
you really think she's ugly? it's probably because it's never shown her cleaned up...lolno, she's freaky

she was in an old episode of malcolm in the middle when she was much younger and i wondered why they would put such an ugly girl on tv.

she's got a nice body though :D, so i guess she could where a bag

Partial
Widmore is the president of some rich company that works with the Dharma initiative. My guess is he was head of Dharma is some fashion and Ben killed all his people and took over the Island.

The sneak peak for next week is up!

Also, the TV guide has next week as a Jack episode.

GrnBay007
04-24-2008, 10:13 PM
she's got a nice body though :D, so i guess she could where a bag

piggy :P

red
04-24-2008, 10:13 PM
He's not old enough for the slave ship angle...but maybe his father or something.

father, great grandfather, great great grandfather

how bout distant relative

the black rock looks like a ship from the 1700's

Partial
04-24-2008, 10:23 PM
Did you guys not think that Episode was amazing?!? I wish I had someone to discuss and theorize with.

red
04-24-2008, 10:28 PM
Did you guys not think that Episode was amazing?!? I wish I had someone to discuss and theorize with.

eh

i got the feeling that they threw a bunch of bombshells together to make up for lost time

almost jammed too many big events into one episode

Partial
04-24-2008, 10:53 PM
OK, well the sneak peaks that are airing on ABC.com and Youtube are showing that Keamy and the group of people are not dead. How in the hell did that happen?!? Why did Ben not kill them after they killed his daughter?!?

They changed the rules as he said.

oregonpackfan
04-25-2008, 01:30 AM
There were many incredible scenes in that episode like:

--Ben overwhelming and killing the two Arabs in the Sahara desert. How did he end up there in the first place?

--the mercenary killing Ben's daughter execution style.

--the "Smoke Monster" killing the mercenaries was just a bit too sci fi for me.

--the ship doctor's body washing up on shore with his throat slit.

--Sayid at the funeral of his wife in Iraq. He sees Ben and confronts him. Shortly later, he saves Ben's life by killing the hit man from Widmore who was about to kill Ben.

--Ben showing up at Widmore's Penthouse Suite promising "A daughter for a daughter." Since Widmore killed his daughter, Ben will kill Widmore's daughter.

red
04-25-2008, 07:56 AM
--Sayid at the funeral of his wife in Iraq. He sees Ben and confronts him. Shortly later, he saves Ben's life by killing the hit man from Widmore who was about to kill Ben.

that, i think, was a setup by ben and sayid

the guy sayid shot, that was about to kill ben, was the guy that killed sayid's wife

3irty1
04-25-2008, 09:18 AM
Time moves a LOT faster on the island if its only October 25th 2005, less than a month since the crash!!

The crash happened in 2004 a couple months before the Red Sox won the world series.

You want someone to theorize with? Here's my theory that I posted on lost-theories.com:

http://lost-theories.com/theories/2008/apr/01/novikov-self-consistency-princ/

You're right, last episode was very revealing. They are starting to tie up more loose ends than they create!

Partial
04-25-2008, 04:34 PM
Yes you are right about the year. Wild. That could be pretty far into the future then because they're about 100 days in. A day or so ago was December 24th.

Charles Woodson
04-25-2008, 05:11 PM
There were many incredible scenes in that episode like:

--Ben overwhelming and killing the two Arabs in the Sahara desert. How did he end up there in the first place?

--the mercenary killing Ben's daughter execution style.

--the "Smoke Monster" killing the mercenaries was just a bit too sci fi for me.

--the ship doctor's body washing up on shore with his throat slit.

--Ben showing up at Widmore's Penthouse Suite promising "A daughter for a daughter." Since Widmore killed his daughter, Ben will kill Widmore's daughter.

I believe that on the island they have some sort of Time transportation thing, and that is a last resort to get off the island. Why else would Ben ask what the date was.
I would have been pissed if they hadnt killed bens daughter, but was surprised at how quick they did it
How the hell did the leader of the mercenaries not die by the black smoke?
The doctor with the slit throat plays into the time loop. I think it could confirm that time on the island happens faster than in real life? why did the ship say that he was fine? It wouldnt make sense for both of daniel and the ship to lie.
I did not envsion how sayid started working for ben playing out like that... Saw it more as a blackmail thing.

Partial
04-26-2008, 12:48 AM
Definitely some weird warp thing. Same reason the polar bear skull and dharma collar were found in Tunisia in Epi 2.

red
05-01-2008, 09:10 PM
god damn storms coming in, my abc is as fuzzy as hell

kate could be flashing nipple and i wouldn't have a clue

red
05-02-2008, 03:50 PM
wow, not a lot of love for lost last night. guess i'm not the only one that thought it was just so-so

the office was odd too. a lot of hostility in that episode. and ryan is just dragging down the show right now. him being a crackhead dick just isn't funny

Charles Woodson
05-02-2008, 04:58 PM
wow, not a lot of love for lost last night. guess i'm not the only one that thought it was just so-so

the office was odd too. a lot of hostility in that episode. and ryan is just dragging down the show right now. him being a crackhead dick just isn't funny
I agree on both

Charles Woodson
05-08-2008, 08:52 PM
:jig: :glug: :jig:
Lostt

GrnBay007
05-08-2008, 08:57 PM
Here we go peeps!!! :D

What's left, 2 or 3 more episodes?

red
05-08-2008, 08:57 PM
hope its better than last week

office was better tonight, but still not special

no jim-pam-dwight interaction. tp me thats what makes the show

Partial
05-08-2008, 08:59 PM
Office was pretty damn funny tonight.

Kiss her... kiss her good!

It seems that show is very up and down some episodes, as if they have different writers doing each episode.

I believe from here on out Damon Lindeldorf and Carlton Cuse are writing Lost for the season. That means these final 4 hours are going to kick ass and be very revealing. They only write the really revealing episodes.

Partial
05-08-2008, 09:01 PM
Here we go peeps!!! :D

What's left, 2 or 3 more episodes?

1 hour tonight

finale part 1 next week (one hour)

week off
finale part 2 and 3 (two hours)

Should be glorious!! TV Guide says we're going back to Locke's childhood tonight

Partial
05-08-2008, 09:05 PM
Back to the freighter. Last we saw on that they turned Michael in. I'm curious as to what has since happened.

Partial
05-08-2008, 09:08 PM
Wow, that was a bad ass beginning. The show hit the ground running this week!!

red
05-08-2008, 09:08 PM
off to a good start

Partial
05-08-2008, 09:15 PM
Awesome.

Partial
05-08-2008, 09:16 PM
Richard's back!! and he still doesn't age!!

red
05-08-2008, 09:22 PM
Richard's back!! and he still doesn't age!!

maybe god?

i think we're finally going to see that he's the main player in all this

Partial
05-08-2008, 09:23 PM
Ok, locke's drawing is creepy. Holy shit.

red
05-08-2008, 09:26 PM
lol

so this is where you shot locke and left him for dead?

yes hugo, i was standing right there

red
05-08-2008, 09:28 PM
what was the book on the table partial? my abc is too fuzzy to read

was it the black rock book?

Partial
05-08-2008, 09:31 PM
I don't know, I couldn't tell either. DarkUFO should have a screen shot up by later tonight. I was wondering what that whole scene was about. I don't comprehend what the point was, but the drawing of the smoke monster mauling the man was creepy.

GrnBay007
05-08-2008, 09:33 PM

The cover said Book of Laws.

red
05-08-2008, 09:35 PM

The cover said Book of Laws.
hmmm

that doesn't mean much to me, but none of it did except the compass

GrnBay007
05-08-2008, 09:36 PM
What was in the vial? Whatever was in the vial and the compass seemed to be important and then he failed whatever test it was when he picked the knife

Partial
05-08-2008, 09:37 PM
Yeah I didn't get that either. What was that?!?

red
05-08-2008, 09:38 PM
What was in the vial? Whatever was in the vial and the compass seemed to be important and then he failed whatever test it was when he picked the knife

again, it was fuzzy, but i think it was sand

GrnBay007
05-08-2008, 09:39 PM
TOO MANY COMERCIALS!!!! :x

red
05-08-2008, 09:40 PM
well, the compass was the same one locke had in season 1 or 2, when ever it was. so that was the one he was suppose to take. i think

that means the other things were just random whatevers

Partial
05-08-2008, 09:41 PM
I wonder what the heck happens to Desmond then. He's not oceanic six, and if he isn't going back to the island... Looks like Desmond will die before the end of the episode. That would suck, he's my 2nd favorite character and he needs to meet up with Pen.

GrnBay007
05-08-2008, 09:43 PM

again, it was fuzzy, but i think it was sand

Sand would make sense

Partial
05-08-2008, 09:44 PM
What the FUCK.......

GrnBay007
05-08-2008, 09:45 PM
wow, creepy looking black guy pushing locke in the wheelchair!

GrnBay007
05-08-2008, 09:47 PM
What was that they were attaching to that guy's arm? a bomb?

red
05-08-2008, 09:49 PM
WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

guys gets a message that the dr. washed up on shore, which happened a week or two ago

and now the dr. was just killed and thrown overboard

same doc?

GrnBay007
05-08-2008, 09:49 PM
OK, this Martain guy is crazy!!!!!!

Partial
05-08-2008, 09:50 PM
wow, creepy looking black guy pushing locke in the wheelchair!

He is the Widmore employee. We've got the Widmore guy and the Ben guy talking to Locke. Weird.

I don't think its a bomb. But I'm not sure.

red
05-08-2008, 09:51 PM
who is the creepy black guy. have we seen him before? he looks familiar, but i can't place him

GrnBay007
05-08-2008, 09:52 PM
who is the creepy black guy. have we seen him before? he looks familiar, but i can't place him

remember he showed up at the hospital to visit Hurly?

red
05-08-2008, 09:59 PM
LOL

WHAT THE FUCK????????????????????

GrnBay007
LOL what an ending.......MOVE THE ISLAND!

red
WOW, great episode

unlike last week, right now i can't wait till next week

Partial
05-08-2008, 10:00 PM
He met with Hurley in Episode 1, and in Episode 2 gave Naomi the profiles for all the scientists.

They're going to move the Island?!?

Man, I wish there were more answers instead of more questions!!

GrnBay007
05-08-2008, 10:00 PM
It went way too fast.

Partial
05-08-2008, 10:02 PM
Best episode of the season so far.

Clearly Michael and Desmond are going to play a role in getting everyone off the Island.

GrnBay007
05-08-2008, 10:03 PM
What do you guys think was the reason the pilot threw the backpack out?

GrnBay007
05-08-2008, 10:04 PM
Claire looked really weird, didn't she....almost like she was drugged.

Partial
05-08-2008, 10:04 PM
To help them, he wants to help the people and clearly did not want to fly Keamy but did not want to die either. This whole time the scientists haven't really been good or bad. It seems now they're part of the survivors.

Partial
05-08-2008, 10:05 PM
Claire looked really weird, didn't she....almost like she was drugged.

Yes, she looked really weird. I'm not sure what was up with that.

red
05-08-2008, 10:07 PM
What do you guys think was the reason the pilot threw the backpack out?well, its a tracker

so maybe its to show them where the bad guys are?

or it so they can meet up with the pilot after he unloads the other guys so he can take them off the island?

GrnBay007
05-08-2008, 10:08 PM
To help them, he wants to help the people and clearly did not want to fly Keamy but did not want to die either. This whole time the scientists haven't really been good or bad. It seems now they're part of the survivors.

Yeah, he wants to help them....but wonder what the signal on the phone was. You wouldn't think he'd want them to follow the helicopter....that seems like sure death.

LL2
05-09-2008, 10:02 AM
I’m sure they use the device to find them. It’s probably how the “Oceanic 6” get off the Island. They fly out with him.

So, that wasn’t Jacob in the cabin. Claire had to have died in the blast, and was “alive” only to get Aaron to safety. I’m surprised Charlie wasn’t with her.

I sure hope they have a two hour finale that ties up a lot of loose ends.

Partial
05-09-2008, 10:18 AM
I’m sure they use the device to find them. It’s probably how the “Oceanic 6” get off the Island. They fly out with him.

So, that wasn’t Jacob in the cabin. Claire had to have died in the blast, and was “alive” only to get Aaron to safety. I’m surprised Charlie wasn’t with her.

I sure hope they have a two hour finale that ties up a lot of loose ends.

Claire is alive imo. It also seems that Christian is "alive" or some island reincarnation of him. That was the best episode of the season yet.

I don't think the freighter people get them off the Island. my prediction is Penny makes it happen.

LL2
05-09-2008, 10:31 AM
One thing I'm curious to find out is how they are to "move" the island as John was instructed.

Also, that guy that showed up at the hospital when John was a baby and when John was a young kid...who is he. He shows up every now and then in different years and is always the same age. Is he Jacob?

Partial
05-09-2008, 11:52 AM
One thing I'm curious to find out is how they are to "move" the island as John was instructed.

Also, that guy that showed up at the hospital when John was a baby and when John was a young kid...who is he. He shows up every now and then in different years and is always the same age. Is he Jacob?

I don't think Richard Alpert is Jacob. I think he is one of the original "hostiles".

My prediction on how they move the island is based on several things:
- In the season three DVD they have a scene where they move rabbits through worm holes in a new dharma station called the Orchid.

- The Dharma logo on Ben's jacket was the same as on Keamy's binder for the secondary protocol, saying they knew where he'd be going. I predict this is the Orchid hatch.

- Ben said to Wimdore he'd never be able to find the Island again, meaning it was hidden

- The producers said in an interview on TV guide the sky will turn purple again before the end of the season, just like it did in Season 2 when the Hatch exploded and the Island became visible to Penny's people.

My theory is when the hatch blew, the Island moved and became visible. I think they're going to do it again. This time without a hatch blowing up. Somehow, they are going to get every non-oceanic 6 member into this hatch. The others are either off the Island, or they drown in the ocean. I predict this season ends with the Oceanic 6 leaving the island in a flashback, and then you see the Island dissapear as they are being rescued.

Charles Woodson
05-09-2008, 03:33 PM
Alright, so damn good episode

The stuff in the vial, i belive is the same stuff surrounding jacobs cabin. John=Jacob??
I wonder, if the pilot flys jack and the six to the frieghter, leaving keamy...
Partial, Richard was one of the original Hostiles, remember, he recruited ben, but i do think theres a good chance hes Jacob. Some of my friends have some idea that jacks jacob, and he gets back to the island in some weird time machine, Idk though.
Dont know if any of you put this together, but both of the "leaders" on the island were born prematurely, Ben and Locke.
I think that they dont physically move the island, but i have a feeling they do something with the magnetic field surrounding the island.
But yea the dude who was pushing locke in the wheel chair i think his name is Matthew, and before the crew left for the island on the ship, he talked to Naomi.
The claire and christian thing was just like WTF

Partial
05-09-2008, 05:59 PM
First of all, damn you guys and this show. It was such a good episode I was up all night trying to wrap my head around everything.

DL: Carlton? You know we don’t understand it either.

That is comforting. Well, congratulations, I think the fan response has been so positive this season. There were some people who were frustrated in season three and I feel like all those people who were cynical are back into the fandemonium of the show.

Damon Lindelof: My feeling about is that it feels great, and we're enjoying it more than we ever enjoyed it before, for having gone through the dark times. And at the same time, our attitude isn't, "I told you so we're awesome," because I know we still have 34 episodes to go, and it's a roller coaster.

And at the end of the day people put a lot of weight on the finale, because the finale is the taste left in their mouth for the next eight months. Nobody's talking about the undefeated season that the New England Patriots had—everybody's talking about the fact that the Giants won the Super Bowl, so until the finale is aired, and people respond to that, there are no laurels to be resting on.

Carlton Cuse: Me, I'm just happy, with no qualifications whatsoever.

How are you feeling about the finale about this point? Are you feeling pretty confident about it?

CC: Yes, we were up until the wee hours last night editing the finale. I think we're pretty pleased. We want to be kind of cautious in our optimism, but it feels like the film that we are getting back from Hawaii is fantastic. Jack Bender is doing a great job directing it, and I think that people will be surprisesd by the finale. Not in the literal M. Night Shyamalan way that we surprised the audience last year, but I think emotionally satisfying and also intriguing, and we'll leave people kind of very excited and interested to figure out what season five is going to be about.

DL: Yes, there's a sense of completeness this year in terms of what we set out to do in season four, to tell the story of how the Oceanic Six got off the island, and why they are lying, and what happened in the immediate aftermath of them being rescued, all the way up to Jack yelling at Kate, "We have to go back!" And we feel we've accomplished that, and beyond that there's an indication in the finale of what the future may hold. We're really glad that we got the extra hour from ABC. That made a huge difference in being able to do the two-hour finale or else it would've felt—we were sitting in the editing room last night watching one of the scenes, and we looked at each other, and said, "I can't believe we ever thought we were going to be able to do this in an hour." The scope is large.

Was this season considerably different then it would've been had we not had the strike, or do you feel that you set out what you wanted to accomplish this season?

CC: I think in a funny way it was probably better because of the strike, for two reasons. (1) We just put the pedal all the way down to the metal to get everything done with two less hours. A lot of the more languid, contemplative material went out the window. And (2) I think we were fresh after 100 days off. We came back, and we jumped into the show. We were recharged, and we've had a real sort of energy to attack these last six episodes. Normally, at the end of a season, it's like running a marathon. You're exhausted, you've used every good idea that you've had, and you have the fatigue of writing 17 episodes. We came in fresh, really energized, and I think that really helped the batch of episodes.

DL: It's crazy because you've now seen three episodes of the post-strike work, and we didn't even start writing them until Valentines Day, and now they've aired. It's a tremendous amount of energy put in by the writing staff, the production staff, the actors and the editors. Right now we literally have four editors and assistants all working around the clock just to get the finale done. And Jack Bender is still shooting today, and we're going to air this two-hour movie two weeks from last night. So we're really proud of the fact that we were able to write and produce six hours of television in a 12-week period, which is essentially the same amount of time we had to produce the pilot.
Daniel Dae Kim, Lost

And we found out that there will be one more episode in each of these seasons. Are you happy about that?

DL: I don't know where that came from. I think Carlton and I did a KROQ interview yesterday, and they asked what about the two episodes that didn't get done this year, and we reiterated as we have in many interviews we will probably do 17 next year and 17 the following year. And now everyone's presenting it to us like it's an official announcement.

CC: Post-strike we always said we would make up the ones that got dropped.
Emilie de Ravin, Lost

Obviously the big question after last night's episode, leading into that finale, is "How are they going to move the island?" which is a fantastic twist and also, "Is Claire dead?" Is that a question that you are wanting the fans to be asking at this point?

CC: I think that we want the fans to ask, "What's happened to Claire?" I don't think it's "Is she dead?" I think it's like "Where is she?" and "What's going on with her?"

DL: What's fascinating with Lost is there's a scene where Claire is in the cabin, and she is sitting next to a guy who is dead, and nobody is saying "What's up with that?" They're all saying "Is she dead?" I think the more operative question is, "What is dead?" That's a good question to ask, and one you will certainly be asking over the long hiatus.

Can you say if time travel is definitely a part of the series?

CC: Yes.

How do you keep all of the different timelines straight? I have to imagine that there's some huge board somewhere where you have all of the timelines, because there's so much overlap at this point. Is it difficult keeping all of that straight, and how closely do you guard that room where all the secrets are kept?

DL: We have a guy, Gregg Nations, who is now co-producer on the show who has been our script coordinator since the very beginning, and that's been his job maintaining the continuity of the show.

The easiest continuity to keep is what's happening on the island starting on September 22, 2004, up until where we are now, which is roughly like day 100 on the island, as of what you saw last night. That's fairly easy.

And then the flashbacks, they start getting confusing because relative to each other. It's not that hard to say Jack ratted out his father and got him fired before he went to Australia, but all of that happened after he broke up with Sarah. [What is hard to sort out is] how those scenes take place in relation to Hurley winning the lottery or Sayid leaving Iraq...so that's all Gregg's job.

Once we moved into the future this year it's become incredibly daunting for him, because all the Oceanic Six are intertwined, and you will begin to see in the finale as we begin to fill in these missing pieces in the future, sort of trying to understand what were the conditions under which the Oceanic Six left the island, and why are they lying, that that gets incredibly tricky. And you will finally get a sense of when the scene that you saw in last year's finale takes place in relation to all of these other scenes where Jack and Kate are on the tarmac.

So, there is no physical document, it's all sort of in Gregg's head. If he were to leave the show or have a massive coronary, it would take Tom Hanks from The DaVinci Code to sort of piece it together, which is how we like it.

CC: But he's just to be clear, he's the keeper of everything that's been done on the show, not the stuff that will be done. He doesn't have to sort of be living in a locked vault because he doesn't have the stuff that is yet to be seen on the show. It's enormously beneficial to have Gregg as a resource because we ourselves sometimes have a hard time figuring out where events happened relative to other events.

Well, you guys know that the fans are very passionate about how the romantic storylines go on the show. In the last episode, obviously we had some really great Jack and Kate stuff. Does it make it tricky to write the romances knowing that the fans do feel so strongly about it? And how much do you take into account how they are going to react to a Kate and Jack scene or a Kate and Sawyer scene?
Ross Perot

DL: At the end of the day, we haven't done any official polling but it feels like there's a 50-50 Skater-Jater spilt and sort of Juliet is the Ross Perot. The people who are passionate about Jacket are very passionate, but ultimately the triangle is a product of Kate and will she end up with Jack or Sawyer. It's not like Carlton and I are both rooting for Jack on any given day. We feel like Kate's character is bound to explore relationships with both those guys and both those guys are going to be responsive to her various advances. We know who she ends up with ultimately, but we think that the trail there is obviously going to include a little bit of ping-ponging.

CC: We're both Skaters and Jaters at the same time.
Nestor Carbonell

This is a question I don't know if you can or will want to answer...Does Richard Alpert age?

CC: Does Richard Alpert age? I think it's a good observation to say that Richard Albert has been observed in various time periods looking the same, but I think that's all we want to say at this point in time. However, you will learn a lot more about Richard Alpert as the show goes on. He is going to become more prominent in the future of the show.

And it seems like the series has branched off in so many different directions. The scope of what has happened on Lost is just so vast and so intricate. As the series continues for the next few seasons, will things start to come together in some sort of cohesive way or are you still branching out further?

CC: We were actually laughing about this the other day. How, back at the beginning, finding water was sort of the crisis, not whether the island can be moved. The stakes have definitely risen.

We have two seasons left, so we think there will be more incredibly compelling complications for the characters before we get to the end, but again really the great virtue of the end date is that we will start wrapping things up, and we will be trying to tie up all the story threads.

We keep a list of unanswered questions, and we will be trying to answer most of those. Obviously, mystery is a part of life, and mystery is a part of the show. I guess we'll all have to see at the end of the day how satisfied people are, but it is our intention to try to wrap things up. I don't know if the show will become simpler, but hopefully in the wrapping up of these questions, it will be satisfying.

DL: There are some questions that are very engaging and interesting, and then there are other questions that we have no interest whatsoever in answering. We call it the midi-chlorian debate, because at a certain point explaining something mystical demystifies it. To try and have a character come and say "Here is what the numbers mean," actually makes every usage of the numbers up to that point less interesting.

You can actually watch Star Wars now and when Obi-Wan talks about the Force to Luke the first time we hear him, it loses its luster because subsequently the Force has been explained as, sort of, little biological agents that are in your blood stream. So you go, "Oh, I liked Obi-Wan's version a lot better," which in the case of our show is "The numbers are bad luck, they keep popping up in Hurley's life, they appear on the island."

CC: I heard that Obi-Wan had actually experienced the numbers. That's actually a big secret that's now been revealed.

DL: But if you're watching the show for a detailed explanation of what the numbers mean—and I'm not saying you won't see more of them—then you will be disappointed by the end of season six.
Sonya Walger

Do you see Penny and Desmond as a central plot for the show? And if Penny were to die would Desmond die because she's his Constant? Is that a fair assumption?

DL: Desmond and Penny are an incredibly important part of the show, and one of our favorite romances and relationship to write on the show. Obviously, Sonya Walger is an incredibly busy actor, and as a result of that, it limits our ability to go to the Penny and Desmond well, but every time we do it's very special as something that we do not get to explore every other week. All we can say is that there's a lot more to tell about that story, but hopefully you will have a better sense of that over the summer.
Lost

And how much do you know about what you'll be doing next season, and do you know who the cast will be for season five? Have you figured that out?

CC: We are just starting our mini-camping process for season five. That's sort of where we take the big ideas for season five and try to break 'em down into a season-long story arc. So it's a little too premature for us to say specifically what season five is going to be like, in great detail—and once we figure that out we probably won't say anything anyway.

DL: We just finished our first week of mini-camp. We know what the story for the two remaining seasons is, but the big question on the table now is what goes on season five and what do we hold for season six. We don't want the audience to think that season five is just a big tap dance. It's not The Two Towers in The Lord of the Rings saga where it's just a big battle for three hours until you get to the volcano.

CC: We hope it's going to be more like the Empire Strikes Back, in Star Wars, in which the penultimate chapter in the first saga was the best.

DL: We can say as a result of the reduced episodic order though, that we are not shifting out of answering question mode. That doesn't mean you won't get some new interesting questions along the way in season five that will pay off in season six. But there are a lot of engaging mysteries that we will be addressing right out of the gate.

oregonpackfan
05-09-2008, 06:42 PM
The "Keamy" character is a mercenary in the true sense of the word. He just seems to enjoy killing for the sake of killing as long as he his being paid.

His calming shooting the captain, slitting the ship doctor's throat, executing Ben's daughter, reveals the guy has no remorse about killing anyone.

I predict that Keamy is eventually killed by Sayid.

GrnBay007
05-15-2008, 09:06 PM
Woohoo.....here we go!! I love Thur. :D

red
05-15-2008, 09:11 PM
nice

the office was good tonight too, although i hate cliffhanger endings

i'm so damn tired, i just want to go to bed. but i have to see this show

:cry:

GrnBay007
05-15-2008, 09:22 PM
wow, that's quite a story they gave the media

Bretsky
05-15-2008, 09:23 PM
Any Lesbian scenes on the show yet ?

red
05-15-2008, 09:25 PM

i've been waiting for that since day one

maybe next week

GrnBay007
05-15-2008, 09:27 PM

maybe next week

:roll: keep waiting.....ain't gonna happen this is a GOOD show.

Bretsky
05-15-2008, 09:28 PM

maybe next week

:roll: keep waiting.....ain't gonna happen this is a GOOD show.

Simply put it's not good enough then

Even Grey's Anatomy had kissing chicks today

GrnBay007
05-15-2008, 09:32 PM
wow, sun taking on her big daddy

red
05-15-2008, 09:32 PM
i wouldn't mind seeing kate and sun going at it

GrnBay007
05-15-2008, 09:33 PM
piggy

GrnBay007
05-15-2008, 09:53 PM
Jack.......meet your nephew!!

red
05-15-2008, 09:58 PM

don't be surprised, we've known that for awhile

about jacks dad being claires dad

red
05-15-2008, 09:59 PM
whoa, did ben just get shot in the head?

GrnBay007
05-15-2008, 10:00 PM

don't be surprised, we've known that for awhile

about jacks dad being claires dad

I know. I was just talking to Jack....meet your nephew. :P

What's this now???? No Lost next week???????

GrnBay007
05-15-2008, 10:01 PM
whoa, did ben just get shot in the head?

Naa, I think he just got knocked out

red
05-15-2008, 10:02 PM
well that was a so so episode. but at least now i can go to bed

GrnBay007
05-15-2008, 10:04 PM
I thought it was good!

red
05-15-2008, 10:06 PM
I thought it was good!

it was alright, just not a lot of WOW moments, like last week

this felt like more of a setup/filler show

GrnBay007
05-15-2008, 10:08 PM
So there is no episode next week and then the following week it is a 2 hour episode?

red
05-15-2008, 10:11 PM
:huh:

:wait:

Partial
05-16-2008, 01:23 AM
Yeah, this was finale part 1. Finale part 2 and 3 are in two weeks. This was a filler show. The story for parts 2 and 3 was leaked.

Ben always has a plan. He knows what he is doing.

red
05-16-2008, 06:20 PM
i really like how we're moving forward in real time, and the flash-forwards are moving backwards

both moving towards the one giant moment that we all want to see

Partial
05-19-2008, 03:09 AM
The plot for finale parts 2 and 3 got released tonight. I was unimpressed. It will probably be much better on TV, as its a very short summary and I am sure its missing quite a bit of stuff.

Charles Woodson
05-19-2008, 02:47 PM
The plot for finale parts 2 and 3 got released tonight. I was unimpressed. It will probably be much better on TV, as its a very short summary and I am sure its missing quite a bit of stuff.

Well ill let you guys know how it is, because ill be in australlia for the finale, and there like 12 hours ahead soo. :D

red
05-22-2008, 06:33 PM
so, theres no reason to watch tv tonight, right?

lost isn't on until next week, correct?

and earl and the office already wrapped up for the season

blah

LL2
05-23-2008, 02:46 PM
I finally watched last weeks show, and didn’t know there wasn’t one this week. I was hoping to watch two episodes.

I liked how Sun put her dad in his place and shut him up! “I now have a controlling interest in the company. Now, you respect me!”

Who put all those bombs on that ship? Can’t wait to see how the heck the “Oceanic 6” get back together to get off. They are all separated.

It was good to see Madtown make a cameo appearance. How does a wetback like him get to live in such a nice place?

Partial
05-29-2008, 01:19 PM
It's finally the night. I am so jacked up.

I have to work until 9:30 tonight, but I am DVRing the shiz outta the show and am going to watch it at least two or three times tonight once I'm done.

Deputy Nutz
05-29-2008, 02:26 PM

I have to work until 9:30 tonight, but I am DVRing the shiz outta the show and am going to watch it at least two or three times tonight once I'm done.

Are you going to yack one off to Kate and Jack getting it on as well? Or maybe when Hurley stuffs his face with Krispy Kremes? Who the fuck needs to watch a show two or three times in a row?

Partial
05-29-2008, 04:53 PM

Are you going to yack one off to Kate and Jack getting it on as well? Or maybe when Hurley stuffs his face with Krispy Kremes? Who the fuck needs to watch a show two or three times in a row?

Somebody who is obsessed. I don't deny my obsession with lost is on the verge of creepy. But no, there will be no masturbation during lost. Only intense focus in a quiet room.

GrnBay007
05-29-2008, 08:03 PM
IT'S TIIIIIME!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Partial
05-29-2008, 09:00 PM
Good episode so far. I'm watching on mute while on a conference call :)

What did Sawyer say before he jumped?!?

GrnBay007
05-29-2008, 09:15 PM

Remember when Kate and Jack are living together and she comes home late and Jack is suspicious of her and she finally tells him she made a promise and had to keep it? Has to be what Sawyer said to her before he jumped.

Partial
05-29-2008, 09:22 PM

Remember when Kate and Jack are living together and she comes home late and Jack is suspicious of her and she finally tells him she made a promise and had to keep it? Has to be what Sawyer said to her before he jumped.

Oh, I did not realize it wasn't audible. i had it on mute. :lol:

GrnBay007
05-29-2008, 09:24 PM

Oh, I did not realize it wasn't audible. i had it on mute. :lol:

lol yep, I just realized you said you had it on mute. No, we couldn't hear what Sawyer said to Kate. But what a kiss, eh?

GrnBay007
05-29-2008, 09:34 PM
WOW lots going on tonight. Dang I'm gonna miss this show till next season. How many more seasons are there? 1 or 2 ?

Partial
05-29-2008, 09:50 PM
I am very happy that they got those two back together. I was wondering how they were going to cope with Desmond being found and coming back into society.

This finale has been good so far. Much better than the description let on.

I do worry about the future of the show. How are they going to cope with the people off of the island? Plus, who is going to be the new antagonist with the the freighter folk and others all accounted for?

They can't decide what side they want Ben to be on. He is neither good nor bad, just kind of their having his story told. I kind of like that.

GrnBay007
05-29-2008, 10:01 PM
How the heck did Locke get off the Island??????????????

GrnBay007
05-29-2008, 10:11 PM
So what's this about showing 2 alternate endings on Good Morning America tomorrow? Did anyone else hear that?

3irty1
05-29-2008, 10:22 PM
That was the biggest kiss i've ever seen on TV.

Deputy Nutz
05-29-2008, 10:31 PM

Somebody who is obsessed. I don't deny my obsession with lost is on the verge of creepy. But no, there will be no masturbation during lost. Only intense focus in a quiet room.

I am not going to rewatch it, but holy fucking balls on a free range steer was that the best two hours I have had in a while. The Penny and Desmond relationship came through again.

Always leave me hanging, is John Dead? Probably, how did he die? Don't know.

Kate is going to be a problem getting back to the Island.

GrnBay007
05-29-2008, 10:48 PM
The Penny and Desmond relationship came through again.
See ya in another life, mate! :D I really like Desmond.

Maybe....but when she saw....or the dream, of Claire by the baby and what she said to her may help.

wow, we wait all this time to see how they get off and they leave us hanging with ............they all need to go back!! lol

Partial
05-29-2008, 10:52 PM

I am not going to rewatch it, but holy fucking balls on a free range steer was that the best two hours I have had in a while. The Penny and Desmond relationship came through again.

I can't say I was too surprised that John was dead when I read it two weeks ago. They made it pretty clear that it was him, Ben or Walt.

Partial
05-29-2008, 10:54 PM
Sawyer is such a bad ass. I am rewatching it on the DVR but am still working on our stupid website build. Damn IT and portal development.

Partial
05-29-2008, 10:55 PM

I thought that was particularly appropriate.

Do you remember when they first met in the stadium in Season 1 finale? That was what Desmond said to Jack before continuing running. Wild!

GrnBay007
05-29-2008, 10:58 PM

I thought that was particularly appropriate.

Do you remember when they first met in the stadium in Season 1 finale? That was what Desmond said to Jack before continuing running. Wild!

Yep.

I read an article where they were interviewing Jin. One of the questions: now that the audience knows your destiny on the show, is it safe to say you have free time now for other projects. He said that he couldn't say much but that his time was very occupied. That could mean anything but wonder if he got off the boat before it exploded.

Partial
05-29-2008, 11:02 PM
I doubt Jin is dead.

GrnBay007
05-29-2008, 11:06 PM
LOL Kinda want to watch seasons 1-3 all over again. :D

When will the next season start? And how many are left, 1 or 2?

Deputy Nutz
05-29-2008, 11:07 PM

I can't say I was too surprised that John was dead when I read it two weeks ago. They made it pretty clear that it was him, Ben or Walt.

Is John really dead? I have been thinking this over, he would be an absolute wreck off the Island, physically speaking. If they take his dead carcase back to the Island I wouldn't be surprised if he popped up good as new.

Deputy Nutz
05-29-2008, 11:09 PM
Sawyer is such a bad ass. I am rewatching it on the DVR but am still working on our stupid website build. Damn IT and portal development.

I thought that was pretty bad ass as well, I certainly didn't expect Jack's to sacrifice himself.

Sawyer didn't have anything to go back to, he didn't want to be saved. Story of his life.

GrnBay007
05-29-2008, 11:12 PM

I thought that was pretty bad ass as well, I certainly didn't expect Jack's to sacrifice himself.

Sawyer didn't have anything to go back to, he didn't want to be saved. Story of his life.

Wonder what he made Kate promise to do for him? Maybe it had something to do with that money he got at one time and making sure it went to his kid.

Deputy Nutz
05-29-2008, 11:15 PM
Didn't Kate know the woman that Sawyer knocked up? I thought the two were buddies.

GrnBay007
05-29-2008, 11:23 PM
Didn't Kate know the woman that Sawyer knocked up? I thought the two were buddies.

Well she helped Kate when she was on the run but it was one of those connections that we weren't aware of till later.

Partial
05-29-2008, 11:30 PM
It seems to me that when Ben "moved the island", he did pretty much the same thing as "when the sky tuend purple". Before, no one could see the Island, then the sky turned purple and the freighter folk arrived. Now, it made the same noise but turned white again, but was cloaked to the ouside world as we saw from the Helicopter.

GrnBay007
05-30-2008, 08:07 AM
They said during one of the commercials last night that Good Morning America was going to show 2 alternate endings they had ready for Lost. So of course I was curious and watched this morning. :D

The 2 alternate endings were just showing Sawyer in the casket and Desmond in the casket. They said they did that in case it leaked out that Locke would be the one. Then one of the people on GMA said, "Yeah, but on Lost is anyone ever really dead"? lol

Partial
05-30-2008, 10:17 AM
LOL, they are so protective yet it still got leaked out for the second year in a row.

Honestly, that was kind of a lame cliff hanger.

Deputy Nutz
05-30-2008, 10:39 AM
LOL, they are so protective yet it still got leaked out for the second year in a row.

If you like the show so much why do you seek out spoilers?

red
05-30-2008, 10:49 AM
i just finally watched it. i was too sick to stay up last night

good stuff

i don't trust penny

and i agree with nuts, i wouldn't be shocked if locke comes back to life when they take his body back to the island

i see a war coming

so, the guy on the boat, right before it blew up. the one that told micheal he could go now. that was that christian, right? the guy from jakobs cabin?

Deputy Nutz
05-30-2008, 10:56 AM

good stuff

i don't trust penny

and i agree with nuts, i wouldn't be shocked if locke comes back to life when they take his body back to the island

i see a war coming

so, the guy on the boat, right before it blew up. the one that told micheal he could go now. that was that christian, right? the guy from jakobs cabin?

Right, but it was also Jack's father

3irty1
05-30-2008, 11:06 AM

Wonder what he made Kate promise to do for him? Maybe it had something to do with that money he got at one time and making sure it went to his kid.

I think that's safe to assume although he explained it all pretty damn quick.

red
05-30-2008, 11:09 AM

good stuff

i don't trust penny

i see a war coming

Right, but it was also Jack's father

damn, i forgot about him

and claires dad

my head hurts way too much to try and think right now

Partial
05-30-2008, 11:41 AM

If you like the show so much why do you seek out spoilers?

Like a good book I crave to know the next piece of the puzzle immediately. Personally, I'd rather they just do a new episode every week for x amount of weeks until they're done.

GrnBay007
05-30-2008, 12:49 PM

I think that's safe to assume although he explained it all pretty damn quick.

Had to save time for that whoppin kiss!

LL2
05-30-2008, 01:14 PM
Is John really dead? I have been thinking this over, he would be an absolute wreck off the Island, physically speaking. If they take his dead carcase back to the Island I wouldn't be surprised if he popped up good as new.

I bet your right. John will be raised from the dead. Why else would they bring him back to the island.

Has anyone figured out who Jacob is?

red
05-30-2008, 01:22 PM

I bet your right. John will be raised from the dead. Why else would they bring him back to the island.

Has anyone figured out who Jacob is?

i bet the writers don't even know who jacob is

my guesses are

jack
hugo
ben
richard
creepy black guy
jacks dad

oregonpackfan
05-31-2008, 09:59 PM
I sure hope that somehow John Locke is not raised from the dead. Parts of the show are a bit too surreal for me. Other unbelievable parts are moving the island and the "Smoke monster."

Sun has really grown from an insecure woman to a tough, businesslike, innovative woman. In a previous episode, she becomes the major stockholder of her father's company and will call the shots. In the season finale, she confronts Penny's shrewd, unscrupulous father and threatens to financially undo him.

I found it incredulous how Jack breaks into the funeral parlour in the middle to the night to see John Locke's body and suddenly Ben appears! That Ben is just like a bad in-law who just won't go away! :)

I too wonder if Michael will somehow survive the explosion of the ship.

GrnBay007
05-31-2008, 10:12 PM

Who was it that appeared to Michael right before the explosion...was it Jack's dad? Anyway, whoever it was said, you can go now. I wonder if that wasn't how they were "allowing" him to die.

oregonpackfan
05-31-2008, 10:46 PM

Who was it that appeared to Michael right before the explosion...was it Jack's dad? Anyway, whoever it was said, you can go now. I wonder if that wasn't how they were "allowing" him to die.

Good point, 007.

There were a couple of scenes where Michael unsuccessfully tried to kill himself once he got back to the USA from the island. He tried to ram his car into a pile of stocked crates on a dock but survived. He also tried to kill himself with a revolver but it kept misfiring.

You may be right in that Michael finally found "peace" in death.

Charles Woodson
06-14-2008, 01:53 PM

I read on one of lostopedia that they slowed it down and basically he told kate to go check on his daughter in Albuquerque.

GrnBay007
08-15-2008, 08:11 PM
Was thinking about when season 5 was going to start so looked it up.....not till Jan. 2009 :(

But the plan is to run 17 straight weeks...no breaks.

oregonpackfan
08-15-2008, 09:26 PM
Was thinking about when season 5 was going to start so looked it up.....not till Jan. 2009 :(

But the plan is to run 17 straight weeks...no breaks.

What?! January is a long wait. I guess I will just have to watch more football in the next coming months. :)

Deputy Nutz
08-15-2008, 11:25 PM
I was split emotionally. Haven't moved into our new house yet and won't until at least the first week of Sept. I wanted to make sure I had the DVR set up ready to go and all, but January???? Christ I get make my own little Island disappear before January.