PDA

View Full Version : Lost Season 4

Pages : [1] 2

Partial
12-18-2007, 01:51 AM
This is the latest trailer from ABC

Bad-ass. Looks like a few of them are leaving the island in the first 8 episodes due to the strike shortening the season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ou7cWOTXJs&eurl=http://spoilerslost.blogspot.com/

MadtownPacker
12-18-2007, 02:48 AM
Damn I shouldn't have watched that. I have avoided it because I knew the wait would be long. Looks like it is a gonna be crazy. Gotta find out why Jack thinks they shouldn't have left.

LL2
12-18-2007, 11:56 AM
I can''t wait until it starts. Until then I will have to keep watching 24.

Deputy Nutz
12-18-2007, 01:00 PM
I still have to watch season three, but that trailer was fucking awesome.

oregonpackfan
12-18-2007, 09:57 PM
Whoa! I can't wait! :)

MJZiggy
12-18-2007, 10:01 PM
I'm a little behind. I haven't started watching season 1 yet....

3irty1
12-18-2007, 10:29 PM
I feel like the writers going on strike is part of the plot to lost. Its their one chance to escape the minefield of loose ends they have spewed in every episode.

oregonpackfan
12-18-2007, 10:40 PM
I'm a little behind. I haven't started watching season 1 yet....

Once you watch season 1, you will be hooked on the rest of the seasons. It happened to me.

GrnBay007
12-20-2007, 10:18 PM
I got season 3 in the mail today. :D See ya'll in a few days. lol

GrnBay007
12-24-2007, 10:17 AM
I finished season 3. WOW! Now I can't wait till season 4 starts. When does it start, some time in Jan? And what night of the week is it on, Wed? I'll have to change my late night at work if it's Wed.

Deputy Nutz
01-01-2008, 07:42 PM
Just finished watching season three, and boy am I glad I am not on that Island with those fucking idiots.

Anyway I enjoy this show, favorite, addicted to this. Thrilling.

HarveyWallbangers
01-01-2008, 09:10 PM
Halfway through season 3. Have one more episode to watch on the 3rd disk. Going to watch it tonight.

GrnBay007
01-06-2008, 01:09 AM
Halfway through season 3. Have one more episode to watch on the 3rd disk. Going to watch it tonight.

Are you finished yet Harv? How can you NOT just watch it all in one weekend? lol

Partial
01-06-2008, 01:16 AM
The first 6 episodes of season 3 were weak. The next 17 or so were kickass. I personally kind of liked the hurley episode. That, and then the Charlie one before the finale. Solid episodes.

GrnBay007
01-06-2008, 03:17 AM
Hurley cracks me up....esp. when he was the hero.

oregonpackfan
01-06-2008, 11:35 AM

I became jealous of Hurley--I wanna be a hero someday! :)

MJZiggy
01-06-2008, 11:39 AM

I became jealous of Hurley--I wanna be a hero someday! :)

You are a hero. Just ask your daughter and if she doesn't fess up, just pick up the nearest leash...

LL2
01-06-2008, 08:48 PM
When does the next season start again?

GrnBay007
01-06-2008, 08:54 PM
When does the next season start again?

I think Jan. 31st.

GrnBay007
01-27-2008, 12:37 PM
Season 4 starts Thur. night with a 2 hour special!!! :tup:

Deputy Nutz
01-27-2008, 02:27 PM
I am so fired up I have a constant boner.

MJZiggy
01-27-2008, 02:33 PM
Little bit more than I needed to know...

oregonpackfan
01-27-2008, 02:55 PM
Little bit more than I needed to know...

Big emphasis on "Little bit..." :)

Partial
01-27-2008, 03:16 PM
First and fourth episode spoilers have been released. Seem's intense.

LL2
01-27-2008, 04:07 PM
I have my DVR set and do not plan on watching any until the season is over, and then have a marathon weekend watching them all.

Partial
01-27-2008, 04:15 PM
I have my DVR set and do not plan on watching any until the season is over, and then have a marathon weekend watching them all.

I would avoid ABC for 8 weeks then. They'll have ads with spoilers left and right.

Deputy Nutz
01-27-2008, 04:52 PM

From my last post, I wish I had that kind of control.

Partial
01-27-2008, 05:54 PM
If you want to know a little of what goes on in the episode without being totally spoiled, click here. It contains spoilers for the first half of episode one.

http://spoilerslost.blogspot.com/2008/01/major-spoilers-episode-401-read-at-your.html

twoseven
01-27-2008, 05:58 PM
Not happy the strike cut 16 episodes down to 8, but the silver lining is that they'll have to cover the same ground in half the time. Basically, you won't have to wait for anything to develop, answers should be coming every week as the pace is doubled. Nice. Look forward to talking Lost here, finally will feel like I'm on even ground with all you rat vets.

Partial
01-27-2008, 07:05 PM
Not happy the strike cut 16 episodes down to 8, but the silver lining is that they'll have to cover the same ground in half the time. Basically, you won't have to wait for anything to develop, answers should be coming every week as the pace is doubled. Nice. Look forward to talking Lost here, finally will feel like I'm on even ground with all you rat vets.

No they won't. They planned on it being a full season. All 16 episodes are written, they just only produced 8. They'll be added on to next season. Hopefully they do two 20 episode seasons. Or, since it is kind of a mid-season break that is unexpected, I suspect they'll go 24 episodes next season with a big episode 8 cliff-hander (what would have been this years finale).

twoseven
01-28-2008, 03:41 AM

No they won't. They planned on it being a full season. All 16 episodes are written, they just only produced 8. They'll be added on to next season. Hopefully they do two 20 episode seasons. Or, since it is kind of a mid-season break that is unexpected, I suspect they'll go 24 episodes next season with a big episode 8 cliff-hander (what would have been this years finale).
Sorry. I typed that wrong, the part about covering the same ground in half the time. What I should have said is even though it's only eight it may feel like 16 by way of how much info is suppose to be revealed in such a short time from what we are used to with the show's dragging pace. The pace of the new season may seem doubled versus what we are used to. Answers will be coming at an accelerated rate.

As for nothing being lost or eliminated because of the strike, I'm not sure about that either. What I've read points to a final episode deadline in 2010 and no guarantees that delays because of the strike will not change future episodes, and that parts of the story we might have seen in entirety are inevitable or just delayed. I would love it if that were the case. But I think if you are suggesting that no part of the story will be cut because of the strike, that seems just specualtion at this point. I hope this is wrong, but I don't think anyone is sure of that at this point..

twoseven
01-28-2008, 04:31 AM
..and where I'm hearing about an accelerated pace is from comments from the actors themselves, reamarking at how much quicker the season is moving from what they've shot.

MadtownPacker
01-28-2008, 11:57 AM
They are all intense Partial so you better keep your damn spoilers to yourself. Inpatient lil shitbag better not ruin all that I have left to care about on TV now that football is meaningless.

I do like the idea of an accelerated pace though. It gonna be so damn good. Seems like a lot more Rats watching than last year.

Partial
01-28-2008, 12:04 PM
Yeah, this season sounds pretty amazing.

Deputy Nutz
01-28-2008, 12:41 PM
They are all intense Partial so you better keep your damn spoilers to yourself. Inpatient lil shitbag better not ruin all that I have left to care about on TV now that football is meaningless.

I do like the idea of an accelerated pace though. It gonna be so damn good. Seems like a lot more Rats watching than last year.

I got into it this summer when our cable went out and we rented the first two seasons. Watched the third over Christmas. Best show on television right now.

MadtownPacker
01-28-2008, 12:51 PM
Best show on television right now.Thats what Im saying!!

Where are all those "24" bitches now?

http://www.plasticnipple.com/images/forums/wheelchair_owned.jpg

Partial
01-28-2008, 12:54 PM
Am I the only one that enjoys spoilers? I like to know what to expect going in. Do it for movies too. I think it made Cloverfield a much, much more enjoyable experience.

Zool
01-28-2008, 01:18 PM
Am I the only one that enjoys spoilers? I like to know what to expect going in. Do it for movies too. I think it made Cloverfield a much, much more enjoyable experience.

Actually I think you might be. Who doesn't like a surprise? If I know how a movie is going to turn out, I lost a lot of interest. These so-called 'who done-its' are about as suspenseful as an episode of Spongebob.

Give me The Usual Suspects any day, but dont tell me the ending.

twoseven
01-28-2008, 02:03 PM
(Don't read this if you haven't watched season 3 finale yet)

About the only spoiler I want is to be able to read the show after next's description in my DirecTV info box. Anything more than that with the end now in sight (48 episodes and done, if they don't cut the number due to strike) is going to ruin it for me. I don't know how intense the specualtion has been here, but for the last few years I have gone nuts at times with theories and analysis, given and gotten. DVR freeze-framing some season 2 moments in the hatch and going to various websites to decode Ancient Egyptian symbols, finding complete maps of the station system map drawn on the door, using physics to determine if plane exlpoded accurately when it was 'struck' in season 1, name of funeral parlor in season 3 finale being anagram for 'flash forward'. Ah, too fun.

If you want to read some fairly 'spoiling' comments from Jack himself, here's a Matthew Fox interview that I enjoyed. I was actually surprised at how much he disclosed (because it all seems so tight lipped usually) concerning the show, what's been going on, where it may be headed. Enjoy, if you haven't already read it.

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20169281,00.html

Ahh, Lost... :worship:

GrnBay007
01-28-2008, 02:12 PM

I got into it this summer when our cable went out and we rented the first two seasons. Watched the third over Christmas. Best show on television right now.

I got into it this summer too. The video store had this crazy special going on for 4 days to get a free rental.....that's when it all started. After that I couldn't stop. I ended up ordering/buying season 3 so it would be delivered as soon as it came out....lol My kids are really into it too so it's fun to speculate what's going to happen. It's lame for me to say it's by far my favorite show...because everyone knows I don't watch TV......but then again, nothing really caught my attention like this did. I do still watch prison break....like that one too. Few of the guys are pretty yummy! :D

twoseven
01-28-2008, 02:23 PM
ALL LOST FANS SHOULD READ THIS..

Just noticed on my DirecTV scheule grid that when they replay Through the Looking Glass Wednesday night, the description of the repeat of the Season 3 finale indicates the episode will be a special version. Apparently during the show they'll 'include on-screen facts and back stories to allow viewers to catch up to the action.' I wasn't going to watch the repeat, still have original saved from last year, but I have to check out the on-screen info. Cool idea.

twoseven
01-28-2008, 02:26 PM
I do still watch prison break....like that one too. Few of the guys are pretty yummy! :D
I'll bet you have a Tea Bag poster on your wall, either that or a shot of Bellick in his tank top with the sexy midrift.

GrnBay007
01-28-2008, 02:31 PM
I do still watch prison break....like that one too. Few of the guys are pretty yummy! :D
I'll bet you have a Tea Bag poster on your wall, either that or a shot of Bellick in his tank top with the sexy midrift.

Ick!!!! :butt:

Yummies: Michael Scofield, Fernando Sucre and Lincoln Burrows

Sucre has always been a funny/bright spot.

twoseven
01-28-2008, 04:42 PM

Ick!!!! :butt:

Yummies: Michael Scofield, Fernando Sucre and Lincoln Burrows

Sucre has always been a funny/bright spot.
Yummies? They became pros the minute they got sent to that prison in order to survive. :hug:

GrnBay007
01-28-2008, 04:44 PM
LOL

Yummies = good looking guys. :P

twoseven
01-28-2008, 05:14 PM
LOL

Yummies = good looking guys. :P
Oh, I get that part. I'm just suprised you are still as hot for them knowing full well they would rather wrestle with the bald-headed champ than with you. I would think it might kill the appeal a bit. Bellick's not lookin' so bad in that midrift tank anymore, is he.. :jig:

MJZiggy
01-28-2008, 05:16 PM
It doesn't seem to kill the appeal when the situation's reversed... :?

twoseven
01-28-2008, 05:21 PM
It doesn't seem to kill the appeal when the situation's reversed... :?
Ahem.. my brother used to be a prison guard, and believe me when I tell you the female inmates did NOT look like the equivalent of the guys from Prison Break. Oh, and the loud love he and other guards were unfortunate enough to witness (I'm serious) was NOT fun to watch. Oh yeah, let that little visual dance around your head for awhile. :shock: :bclap: :wow:

MJZiggy
01-28-2008, 05:24 PM
Poor Bretsky's not gonna be the same for a week at least... :lol: :lol:

twoseven
01-28-2008, 05:27 PM
Attention Bretsky: loud, somewhat violent lesbian prison sex is not all that it seems if it didn't come from Blockbuster :no:

GrnBay007
01-28-2008, 05:40 PM
Attention Bretsky: loud, somewhat violent lesbian prison sex is not all that it seems if it didn't come from Blockbuster :no:

Yeah, I don't think that's what B has in mind......but you never know with the old B'sky! :P

I'm just suprised you are still as hot for them knowing full well they would rather wrestle with the bald-headed champ than with you.

They would not rather wrestle with the bald-headed guy....they are just forced to for survival.

P.S. Bellick is still not looking hot. ...I do kinda feel sorry for him sometimes though.

twoseven
01-29-2008, 04:32 AM
P.S. Bellick is still not looking hot. ...I do kinda feel sorry for him sometimes though.
That you couldn't finish the post without mentioning him should suggest something. Felt sorry for him? It was the first three days in Sona that he was limping around the prison with nothing but a pair of not-so-tighty not-so-whities and a bloody nose, right? When Sucre doublecrosses Linc eventually, will he still be hot? I personally can't wait for the bomb to go off in Susan's car, what a treat she is.

Partial
01-29-2008, 06:45 AM
The best part of the whole prison thing is the conjugal visits. :lol:

They allow you to have sex with your partner to keep you in line :lol:

Deputy Nutz
01-29-2008, 08:15 AM

As a red blooded man you would watch at least once. Its like a car accident, brutally violent, but yet you can't turn away.

twoseven
01-29-2008, 11:51 AM

As a red blooded man you would watch at least once. Its like a car accident, brutally violent, but yet you can't turn away.
Lost Season 4... prison sex, hey what the hell.

To your suggestion, yeah, that would be a no. Considering what the average female inmate looks like in lockdown, factor in level of personal upkeep and self esteem influences on her physical presentation, consider substance abuse effects on the body, toss in a few tatoos and scars, add into that whatever body hair has emerged due to the absence of razors in most jails, and all of that pretty package is wrapped up in a county jumpsuit that may or may not be covering them in entirety. Also consider that their actions are not allowed, so whatever does happen is done fast and without much regard to tenderness, in an effort to not get caught or at least get what they can before guards have to break it up. That's just how things roll in St. Croix County where I live, not sure what goes down at your Shawshank type place. I'm sure you're joking about sneakin' a peek, but believe me, it's all bad news and nothing to look at. I guess if you could watch a man forceably rape another man, and neither of them were remotely attractive you could probably digest real lesbian prison sex. Hey, just in time for lunch. :tup:

GrnBay007
01-31-2008, 07:16 PM
"Past, Present and Future" Lost on ABC right now....if you want to review.

43 Minutes till the new season starts!!!! :D

Bretsky
01-31-2008, 07:20 PM

My radar detected lesbian so I decided to look over this thread.
In the world I create all girl to girl lovin is a blockbuster of hotties

Partial
01-31-2008, 11:21 PM
Well, what'd you think? I thought the scene with Hurley and Jack was weird. Obviously some crazy shit goes down before they get rescued. Doubt we'll find out this season though.

At any rate, I would bet my bottom dollar they go back to the island.

Deputy Nutz
01-31-2008, 11:43 PM
I love Sawyer's line, "Surviving" He is such a fucking pimp, to look Kate right in the eyes and say, "same thing I have always done, surviving." And then walking away leaving her standing there with Jack.

Stone cold pimp.

Partial
02-01-2008, 12:26 AM
That and he sounds like Scottish when he says that.

They screwed up Sawyer's character by having him kill Locke's dad. His whole point of life was to kill the original Sawyer. He is now all dark and jaded on the show.

Locke was awesome in season 1, and they kind of F'd him up in Season 2.

The beach guys that never get much time were always my favorites. Charlie, Desmond, Hurley and Jin. They have some good episodes involving those guys that were more light hearted and hilarious.

The episode with the Hurley van is still my favorite.

twoseven
02-01-2008, 04:06 AM
I like the direction this looks to be headed, creepy. I had posted a prediction of a quasi civil war between those that wanted/had to stay versus those that wanted/had to go here last week in the favorite character string, but I still don't believe it, they've only been on the island 91 days, you wouldn't think they be stir crazy just yet. I'm still reaching for how/why Locke and Linus are so adamant that no one leaves, the location of the island seems so hidden, what do they care if someone goes? Looks like a civil conflict may be the case after all, got the potential for an adult version of Lord Of The Flies, acts so animal that the six dare not reveal to the outside world how primal they got with each other when push came to shove.

There may only be six that get off, who knows how many get killed in the process, but I fully expect that someone WILL be going back to the island, post-flash forward, to tie up business. That being said, I think things will move faster than some predict concerning how quickly the in-fighting turns deadly, how soon the six are gone, and when things head back to the island.

twoseven
02-01-2008, 04:13 AM

They screwed up Sawyer's character by having him kill Locke's dad. His whole point of life was to kill the original Sawyer. He is now all dark and jaded on the show.
I think you can throw into that Sawyer has probably got Kate pregnant, now has to look out for her well being AND get her off the island so she and his child don't die. If so, it's interesting that he has sided with those that will wish to stay. Is there a chance he's done this to better position himself to block the efforts of Locke's side in keeping Kate from leaving?. I predict Sawyer is going full-on self sacrifice for his love and unborn child sooner or later, a bigger tear jerker than his near execution in front of Kate in season 3.

Deputy Nutz
02-01-2008, 11:26 AM

I think you can throw into that Sawyer has probably got Kate pregnant, now has to look out for her well being AND get her off the island so she and his child don't die. If so, it's interesting that he has sided with those that will wish to stay. Is there a chance he's done this to better position himself to block the efforts of Locke's side in keeping Kate from leaving?. I predict Sawyer is going full-on self sacrifice for his love and unborn child sooner or later, a bigger tear jerker than his near execution in front of Kate in season 3.

Na, Sawyer is getting the hell away from prego Kate, he got a taste, now he is on to greener pastures.

GrnBay007
02-07-2008, 08:02 PM
Cool, they showed last week again + a new one!! :D

Partial
02-07-2008, 08:29 PM
This weeks is supposed to be pretty bad. The next couple of weeks are supposed to kick ass.

We have a Sayid, a Kate, a Desmond, a Juliet, and Michael episodes before the season breaks.

GrnBay007
02-07-2008, 09:14 PM
Why are those people looking for Ben????

dang, is there anyone as slimy as Ben???

GrnBay007
02-07-2008, 09:15 PM
I didn't think it was bad. I haven't seen a "bad" episode of Lost yet!

Deputy Nutz
02-07-2008, 11:20 PM
Overall it was an ok episode. Not much given away on this episode other than then the new comers looking for Ben.

Partial
02-07-2008, 11:23 PM
THE WRITERS STRIKE ENDED TONIGHT WE MIGHT GET 16 EPISODES AFTER ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oregonpackfan
02-08-2008, 01:09 AM
Why are those people looking for Ben????

dang, is there anyone as slimy as Ben???

I read an article about the actor who plays Ben. His acting is so convincing he says he can't go out in public without passerby coming up to him and giving him negative comments, even spitting on him! Now, that is acting! :)

MadtownPacker
02-08-2008, 01:36 AM
Not bad, not bad at all.

Ben can take an asskicking.

The helicopter is gonna get blown up by Locke.

Hurley is special. He better watch his back.

What the hell was up with the ghostbuster?

The plane in the water is staged.

twoseven
02-08-2008, 03:52 AM
A polar bear from he island ends up on Tunisia (Africa) at what becomes an excavation site. they STILL haven't given up on the time travel/wormhole angle, and now I would imagine they'll have to deal with it to explain Echo's brother's small plane getting from Africa to the island, possibly how Black Rock has landed on island.

Partial
02-08-2008, 06:35 AM
A polar bear from he island ends up on Tunisia (Africa) at what becomes an excavation site. they STILL haven't given up on the time travel/wormhole angle, and now I would imagine they'll have to deal with it to explain Echo's brother's small plane getting from Africa to the island, possibly how Black Rock has landed on island.

That I did not think of. I assumed it a second Dharma testing site. Was that the same Dharma logo as the one in the zoo from last season?

Deputy Nutz
02-08-2008, 07:21 AM
I agree with Partial, I think it is just another Dharma facility in the desert.

red
02-08-2008, 08:12 AM
i think the new people were hired by the real dharma, and somehow they know ben was the head of the group that killed everyonne else. and they want revenge

now, dharma knew that the plane crashed on their island, which they have done a good job of keeping secret. so maybe they staged the other plane crash?

or it could be some super f'ed up type of thing that none of us can imagine

i wish they would just kill that slimy little prick ben already.

Partial
02-08-2008, 08:48 AM
The fact that there is a Desmond episode coming up and the whole "Not Penny's Boat" thing leads me to believe that the boat is affiliated with Penny's dad. Widmore industries has popped up in many references to the show and it is supposedly linked with Darma.

Also, I think the Juliet episode coming up tells us that she is still working with Ben.

Also, I think Michael is the spy on the boat. Note Ben sent him to "find rescue" at a certain coordinate.

Partial
02-08-2008, 08:49 AM
Since they're coming for Ben, I have to think that the ghost buster is somehow looking for Jacob as well. Otherwise I don't understand why he'd be there.

oregonpackfan
02-08-2008, 09:56 AM
The mystery of the "Evil Black Cloud" still has not been resolved.

If you recall, it was the Black Cloud that grabbed Mr. Echo and pounded him against a massive tree. The pounded killed Mr. Echo.

What does this Black Cloud represent?

twoseven
02-08-2008, 02:29 PM
I agree with Partial, I think it is just another Dharma facility in the desert.

That symbol was for the Hydra station, the one on the second island that Sawyer, Kate and Jack were on.

How a tiny plane travels thousands of miles from Africa to the Thailand region without a wormhole..it's not possible.

twoseven
02-08-2008, 02:45 PM
Since they're coming for Ben, I have to think that the ghost buster is somehow looking for Jacob as well. Otherwise I don't understand why he'd be there.
Ben slaughtered 40 people from the Dharma initiative. The Dharma initiative was NOT some secret society that no one knew about. They were a research group on the island working on many things, they had open communication with the outside world. Is there a slight chance that some of the original Dharma's colleagues, friends, family, descendants that were on the mainland might have wondered after several years of not hearing from their people if something bad had happened? I would think so. Can we even rule out that someone possibly escaped the slaughter and got back to the mainland to explain what Ben did? Maybe those people send out someone to find Ben? I think it's too early to assume there has to be some super deep explanation for some specialists finally finding the island looking. I'm looking at the intense bald african american guy as tied to the original Dharma group, if they are still out there. If anyone could want Ben on a platter it would be them.

My prediction on the Asian newbie..he is the son of the Asian one-armed man from the Dharma orientation films that Locked fawned over. Why? Because for as intriguing as he (one arm) was we never saw him in a Ben flashback or really learned anything about him. Other logical explanation, who do you send to an island that apparently has spirits on it..perhaps a medium, which is what the new guy seems to be, though I would like to know what his device is.

The pilot wanting to find his

Deputy Nutz
02-08-2008, 02:45 PM
The fact that there is a Desmond episode coming up and the whole "Not Penny's Boat" thing leads me to believe that the boat is affiliated with Penny's dad. Widmore industries has popped up in many references to the show and it is supposedly linked with Darma.

Also, I think the Juliet episode coming up tells us that she is still working with Ben.

Also, I think Michael is the spy on the boat. Note Ben sent him to "find rescue" at a certain coordinate.

Please don't talk about upcoming episodes and their plots.

Zool
02-08-2008, 02:49 PM
Dont read it?

twoseven
02-08-2008, 02:54 PM
The mystery of the "Evil Black Cloud" still has not been resolved.

If you recall, it was the Black Cloud that grabbed Mr. Echo and pounded him against a massive tree. The pounded killed Mr. Echo.

What does this Black Cloud represent?
That black chittering smoke is gonna be deep. I'd loe to think it was some super advanced experimental security entity, but I don't think so.

Juliet said they did not know what it was. Not sure if this had been mentioned as I am only here sine Jan., but Echo and us at home could see images of Echo's brutal past, could also hear moments he experienced in the smoke as it confronted him in previous season. That is some seriously deep mojo and I can only hope they can expand on it.

twoseven
02-08-2008, 03:08 PM

Please don't talk about upcoming episodes and their plots.
I agree with Nutz. There should be another Lost spolier string, or people that have info from future episodes should do their best to not directly mention it. How can you otherwise differentiate between playful guessing based on what we've seen and actual spolier material that is EASY to attain?

Partial
02-08-2008, 04:10 PM
those aren't spoilers. Look at your guide on your TV. I'm not a dick, I'm not going to ruin any episodes. Those have been on IMDB and your time warner cable guide for 3+ months.

Charles Woodson
02-08-2008, 05:05 PM
So im semi new to lost, but the show kicks ass,

btw i dont know if you guys have talked about this or not, but i have a feeling that the submarine plays a factor, now i may be looking into it too much but i think locke hid the sub somewhere else and instead blew up the dock.

Also i think that the scene with the p-bear on the desert is just another dharma site.

The plane in the water was staged, obviously, by dharma to put all this to rest so they could go in without any attention.

Partial
02-08-2008, 05:17 PM
I also thought Locke did something with the sub. He was dripping wet which implied he went into the water.

Deputy Nutz
02-08-2008, 05:22 PM
So the people on the freighter, we have Dharma, and we have time travel.

I like the show but if it goes too far into science fiction with time travel, and there is no De Lorean with a crazy Dr. Brown I am gonna be pissed.

Partial
02-08-2008, 05:22 PM
I don't think there is as much time travel as people think. I think Desmond just got all trippy.

Freak Out
02-08-2008, 05:31 PM
I've never seen the show but am wondering.....how the fuck are these people still lost after four seasons?

Partial
02-08-2008, 05:32 PM
They have been on the island I think like 60 days now.

Freak Out
02-08-2008, 05:35 PM

Kind of a 24 thing then....ok.

twoseven
02-08-2008, 05:52 PM
those aren't spoilers. Look at your guide on your TV. I'm not a dick, I'm not going to ruin any episodes. Those have been on IMDB and your time warner cable guide for 3+ months.
Would you possibly agree that you'll get more people participating in this string if you DO NOT allienate them with what they feel to be spoliing information? Just a thought.

twoseven
02-08-2008, 05:54 PM
So im semi new to lost, but the show kicks ass,

btw i dont know if you guys have talked about this or not, but i have a feeling that the submarine plays a factor, now i may be looking into it too much but i think locke hid the sub somewhere else and instead blew up the dock.

Also i think that the scene with the p-bear on the desert is just another dharma site.

The plane in the water was staged, obviously, by dharma to put all this to rest so they could go in without any attention.
Regardless of what that dig site is all about, the collar on the bear's neck came from the Hydra Station, that is the island where Sawyer and Kate were hanging out in cages.

twoseven
02-08-2008, 05:55 PM
They have been there 92 days exactly.

red
02-08-2008, 05:56 PM
theres something weird with the others too, i don't mean ben, i mean the original others

that one guy, the #2 guy, looks the exact same now as he did when ben first met him, he was the guy that kind of recruted him. we're talking like 30 or 40 years and the guy hadn't aged a bit

also, does anyone else think that jacob has something to do with jacobs ladder?

twoseven
02-08-2008, 06:17 PM

I like the show but if it goes too far into science fiction with time travel, and there is no De Lorean with a crazy Dr. Brown I am gonna be pissed.

A plane knocked to pieces and blasted from the sky by an electromagnetic pulse on the island, desmond's mistake.

An island that no one seems able to find or navigate away from to civilization.

The chittering black smoke that showed Echo his evil past right before it bashed him to death, but apparently thinks highly of Locke.

A tiny plane, Echo's brother's, that somehow flies thousands of miles on a single tank.

A polar bear that does the same as the plane.

A centuries old pirate/colonial ship, Black Rock, that managed to dock itself in the middle of the island.

The remains of a six toed foot that was probably an enormous statue on a shoreline.

Numerous sightings of things that may or may not be on the island (Jack's dad, Hurley's buddy, Echo's brother, a black horse that both Jack and Kate saw, Ben's mother, Charlie, Walt).

An Island that apparently heals certain people, cures imperfections (Locke's legs and wounds, Sun's reproductive system, Bernard's wife's cancer).

An Island that will not allow reproduction without death of mother and child.

Roger Alpert, the true leader of the others (guy with dark hair that counsels Ben) that may actually be many many years old as he has yet to age a single day on the island, Ben's flashback to present time. Was he on the Black Rock's maiden voyage to the island perhaps?

Jacob the ghost that only Ben, Locke, and now Hurley can see?

Desmond's visions.

Walt's abilities.

A temple referenced by Ben in season finale that we've yet to see.

...all this and plenty more I've forgotten or left out.. but time travel would be somehow over the top?. Yeah, it seemed so normal to this point.

Charles Woodson
02-08-2008, 06:26 PM

HUrley can see it, locke can hear it and i think ben can see it, but as far as i know locke is the only one that can hear it

Partial
02-08-2008, 06:34 PM
Would you possibly agree that you'll get more people participating in this string if you DO NOT allienate them with what they feel to be spoliing information? Just a thought.

Well, I really don't think its a spoiler but Nutz and I have a tough love relationship. Bohica Nutz.

twoseven
02-08-2008, 06:45 PM

HUrley can see it, locke can hear it and i think ben can see it, but as far as i know locke is the only one that can hear it
Just finding the cabin is a big deal I think, not something just anyone can do, something old Locke didn't seem to appreciate when he heard Hurley had been there. Hurley hasn't had the chance to hear him. Ben has seen him and heard him, unless he's bs-ing about all the communication he's had with Jacob.

Charles Woodson
02-08-2008, 07:32 PM

Just finding the cabin is a big deal I think, not something just anyone can do, something old Locke didn't seem to appreciate when he heard Hurley had been there. Hurley hasn't had the chance to hear him. Ben has seen him and heard him, unless he's bs-ing about all the communication he's had with Jacob.

but why would ben ask locke what jacob said if he could hear him?

twoseven
02-09-2008, 06:41 AM

That Ben could not hear Jacob when he moaned 'help me' does not mean Ben has never heard him any other time.

Ben has been running his little society using Jacob's orders as the be-all-end-all voice of authority. Most recently Ben told patch-eye that Jacob told him to block all communications at the looking glass underwater station because the island was under attack from outside forces like they had not seen in a long time, right before he ordered patchy to kill the two women and Charlie in the season 3 finale.

There hasn't been any proof to this point that the show has given the viewer that Ben can actually hear Jacob, there hasn't been any to the contrary either. The numerous times Ben has referenced Jacob have always suggested he could both see and hear him. Kind of hard to be spreading Jacob's orders among the others if he can't actually hear him I would think. If he cannot actually hear him..the show hasn't gone there just yet.

Charles Woodson
02-09-2008, 10:18 AM

That Ben could not hear Jacob when he moaned 'help me' does not mean Ben has never heard him any other time.

Ben has been running his little society using Jacob's orders as the be-all-end-all voice of authority. Most recently Ben told patch-eye that Jacob told him to block all communications at the looking glass underwater station because the island was under attack from outside forces like they had not seen in a long time, right before he ordered patchy to kill the two women and Charlie in the season 3 finale.

There hasn't been any proof to this point that the show has given the viewer that Ben can actually hear Jacob, there hasn't been any to the contrary either. The numerous times Ben has referenced Jacob have always suggested he could both see and hear him. Kind of hard to be spreading Jacob's orders among the others if he can't actually hear him I would think. If he cannot actually hear him..the show hasn't gone there just yet.

hmm, good point.
I just cant wait till next weeks episodes

oregonpackfan
02-09-2008, 11:39 AM

A plane knocked to pieces and blasted from the sky by an electromagnetic pulse on the island, desmond's mistake.

The chittering black smoke that showed Echo his evil past right before it bashed him to death, but apparently thinks highly of Locke.

A tiny plane, Echo's brother's, that somehow flies thousands of miles on a single tank.

A centuries old pirate/colonial ship, Black Rock, that managed to dock itself in the middle of the island.

The remains of a six toed foot that was probably an enormous statue on a shoreline.

Numerous sightings of things that may or may not be on the island (Jack's dad, Hurley's buddy, Echo's brother, a black horse that both Jack and Kate saw, Ben's mother, Charlie, Walt).

An Island that apparently heals certain people, cures imperfections (Locke's legs and wounds, Sun's reproductive system, Bernard's wife's cancer).

Roger Alpert, the true leader of the others (guy with dark hair that counsels Ben) that may actually be many many years old as he has yet to age a single day on the island, Ben's flashback to present time. Was he on the Black Rock's maiden voyage to the island perhaps?

Desmond's visions.

Walt's abilities.

...all this and plenty more I've forgotten or left out.. but time travel would be somehow over the top?. Yeah, it seemed so normal to this point.

This is quite a collection of the many inexplainable events and relationships about the island.

It also gives me a flashback to Catholic grade school during Catechism class when our priest would come in. When we would ask him questions for which there was seemingly no plausiable explanation, he would lamely respond, "Well, it's a mystery...." :lol:

In essence, accepting mysteries was supposed to be an integral part of Catholic theology.

twoseven
02-09-2008, 11:48 AM

Desmond's visions.

Walt's abilities.

This is quite a collection of the many inexplainable events and relationships about the island.

It also gives me a flashback to Catholic grade school during Catechism class when our priest would come in. When we would ask him questions for which there was seemingly no plausiable explanation, he would lamely respond, "Well, it's a mystery...." :lol:

In essence, accepting mysteries was supposed to be an integral part of Catholic theology.
Anyone that has a problem accepting that religion may be a deep seeded part of the island and its wonders may also grit their teeth at Lost as it continues to unfold. Some parallels between Lost and certain theological accounts are floating around blogs and message boards.

GrnBay007
02-11-2008, 07:20 PM

HaHa....the 3 sleezbags got left behind!! :D

GrnBay007
02-11-2008, 07:59 PM
Sucre!!! :( :cry:

4and12to12and4
02-11-2008, 08:50 PM

Hey, sassy, sorry about last night, I think I was wasted.

4and12to12and4
02-11-2008, 08:56 PM
and to anyone else here I offended, I am so sorry, i drank over a half a gallon of The Captain. Puked this morning. Wow. Anyways, very entertaining thread, continue on.

GrnBay007
02-11-2008, 10:37 PM

Hey, sassy, sorry about last night, I think I was wasted.

Awwe, no need to apologize for your performance. LOL :P :wink: :twisted:

GrnBay007
02-11-2008, 10:38 PM
and to anyone else here I offended, I am so sorry, i drank over a half a gallon of The Captain. Puked this morning. Wow. Anyways, very entertaining thread, continue on.

:P Don't worry about it!! Your Packer family understands.

Did you make it to work? :shock:

LL2
02-12-2008, 08:23 AM
I'm finally caught up on Lost after watching the taped episodes. I'm curous to know who the 6 are that got rescued. We know Hurley, Kate, and Jack got rescued but they haven't shown the other 3. Also, so far those 3 haven't been together on the island to get rescued at the same time.

oregonpackfan
02-12-2008, 10:39 AM
I'm finally caught up on Lost after watching the taped episodes. I'm curous to know who the 6 are that got rescued. We know Hurley, Kate, and Jack got rescued but they haven't shown the other 3. Also, so far those 3 haven't been together on the island to get rescued at the same time.

The trailer for this week's episode hinted the fourth member of "The 6 survivors" will be identified.

I think Sun(the pregnant Korean woman) will be one of the remaining three survivors.

twoseven
02-12-2008, 01:19 PM
Lost fans, and TV fans in general,

http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2008-02-11-strike-production_N.htm

Television production goes from stalled to high gear

" For ABC's Lost, 'we're looking at trying to make five more' episodes beyond the eight already completed, says executive producer Carlton Cuse. The original plan was to film 16, but the remaining three will be rolled into next season. Cuse says writers will 'accelerate our storytelling' to get to the end point they had already mapped out for this season. 'It's a little bit like driving cross country to Boston. If the goal is to get there two days earlier, we will have to take more interstates and fewer rural byways.' "

Charles Woodson
02-12-2008, 04:51 PM

The trailer for this week's episode hinted the fourth member of "The 6 survivors" will be identified.

I think Sun(the pregnant Korean woman) will be one of the remaining three survivors.
i also think sun will get off, i think that blonde girl from the others, crap her name is sliping me will also get off,

twoseven
02-12-2008, 05:26 PM

Don't be too quick to link '6' and 'survivors', might be better to keep the six that escaped the island in mind.

red
02-12-2008, 07:26 PM

i also think sun will get off, i think that blonde girl from the others, crap her name is sliping me will also get off,

hugo called it the "oceanic 6", wouldn't that mean they would have to be on the oceanic flight?

i don't trust the blond chick at all

Charles Woodson
02-12-2008, 07:37 PM

hugo called it the "oceanic 6", wouldn't that mean they would have to be on the oceanic flight?

hmm good point,
Red who do you think gets off

red
02-12-2008, 08:35 PM
boy, i really have no clue

i would be shocked if locke got off

now heres a though

could micheal and walt be 2 of the 6?

if i had to guess i'd say sawyer and sayid got off

something huge has to happen soon, there a lot of people that want off, if only 6 get off then there has to be a huge war or something

also, lets think here, the current "rescue" squad might not be the rescue squad that actually saves the 6

we might not actually find out who gets off and how for a couple for years. just because the flashforwards are happening now doesn't have to mean that this is THE rescue

oregonpackfan
02-12-2008, 11:41 PM
Is Juliette the name for "The blond chick from The Others?"

Her loyalties have switched back and forth so much it would be hard for me to trust her.

She, however, is desperate to get off the island. Ben, on the other hand, wants to stay. That is why I think Juliette will truly align herself with Jack.

twoseven
02-13-2008, 03:56 AM

Sure, they're 'the Oceanic 6' when they get back to the world...

..but for some reason they will not fully disclose everything that transpired as they left the island, and will lead those back home to believe they were the ONLY ones that 'survived.' We're already seeing the effects of what went down in the flashforwards by way of Jack's and Hurley's metldowns, their strained relationships with each other back home, what they could not reveal to the outside world that is tearing them apart inside. Abbadon (the creepy black man that claims to work for Oceanic) pressuring Hurley about 'more of them?' still back on the island should be another clue that things are not finished on the island.

There will be surviviors on the island, and somebody will be going back there, guaranteed.

The other 3? I am guessing Sun, Jin, and Claire. My guess is almost everyone that is currently on Locke's team is going nowhere fast thanks to Locke and Ben and what they'll do to keep people there.

LL2
02-13-2008, 08:18 AM
I also find it a challenge sometimes to know what scenes are past, present, or future. Also, that "rescue" squad isn't there to rescue. Their is someone that has a score to settle with Ben, and they are there to get Ben.

Deputy Nutz
02-13-2008, 09:11 AM
It is actually the Oceanic "7", I am sure that Kate is not counted in the media's Oceanic 6. So seven people probably made it off the Island.

Charles Woodson
02-13-2008, 06:50 PM
It is actually the Oceanic "7", I am sure that Kate is not counted in the media's Oceanic 6. So seven people probably made it off the Island.

what do you mean?

Charles Woodson
02-13-2008, 06:50 PM

..but for some reason they will not fully disclose everything that transpired as they left the island, and will lead those back home to believe they were the ONLY ones that 'survived.' We're already seeing the effects of what went down in the flashforwards by way of Jack's and Hurley's metldowns, their strained relationships with each other back home, what they could not reveal to the outside world that is tearing them apart inside. Abbadon (the creepy black man that claims to work for Oceanic) pressuring Hurley about 'more of them?' still back on the island should be another clue that things are not finished on the island.

There will be surviviors on the island, and somebody will be going back there, guaranteed.

The other 3? I am guessing Sun, Jin, and Claire. My guess is almost everyone that is currently on Locke's team is going nowhere fast thanks to Locke and Ben and what they'll do to keep people there.

Hurley was on lockes group so dont count people from that group out just yet

Deputy Nutz
02-13-2008, 07:25 PM

what do you mean?

I am sure Kate is still running from the law. She was freed up to meet the Doc at the end of last season at the airport.

Charles Woodson
02-13-2008, 07:28 PM

what do you mean?

I am sure Kate is still running from the law. She was freed up to meet the Doc at the end of last season at the airport.
Thats what i thought but they still rescued her so im sure people know that,

twoseven
02-14-2008, 01:46 PM

Hurley was on lockes group so dont count people from that group out just yet
Both Claire and Hurley are with locke, I did say almost everyone with Locke.

twoseven
02-14-2008, 01:50 PM

what do you mean?

That's a grounded and settled Kate we saw, most likely no longer running from anyone. We should find it all out, plus who's waiting for her next week during the Kate episode Eggtown.

Charles Woodson
02-14-2008, 05:17 PM
damn im excited for tonight

red
02-14-2008, 08:05 PM
ha, i called it

sayids one of the 6

damn, and he shot some guy lol

red
02-14-2008, 09:01 PM
WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

theres a twist

wow, wow, wow

Charles Woodson
02-14-2008, 09:07 PM
WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

theres a twist

wow, wow, wow

yea damn, i thought that i was starting to figure crap out.
Sayid is my favorite charector.
i like hurley but that was gay
I wonder how ben gets off the island free like that, there must have been some sort of deal that transpired that keeps the people on the island still safe in return for sayids hitman service.

Partial
02-14-2008, 09:14 PM
supposedly, these 8 shows strung together are the best string of 8 they've done yet apparently. I find that tough to believe, as the last couple from season 1 and the start of season 2 was nothing short of spectacular. The hatch stuff was pretty bad ass. John Locke was the man back then.

GrnBay007
02-14-2008, 09:17 PM
Wow, good show! I could tell it was Ben at the dog kennel by his slimy little voice.......dang I can't stand that guy. Hard to believe Sayid would do anything he asked.

GrnBay007
02-14-2008, 09:21 PM
What was up with the time difference when that little rocket (or whatever it was) landed?

red
02-14-2008, 09:23 PM
Wow, good show! I could tell it was Ben at the dog kennel by his slimy little voice.......dang I can't stand that guy. Hard to believe Sayid would do anything he asked.

i knew it right away too lol

such a creepy voice

thats a good thought about sayid having to be bens hitman in return for maybe getting everyone else freed

and what was the deal with the clocks? it looks like time might slow down or speed up on the island. thats pretty strange

can't wait for next week

red
02-14-2008, 09:25 PM
What was up with the time difference when that little rocket (or whatever it was) landed?

great minds 007, great minds lol

this might open up the worm hole idea, or something with time travel

the one guy also told the pilot to make sure and follow an exact route back to the ship. maybe theres some weird gate or something

Charles Woodson
02-14-2008, 09:37 PM

great minds 007, great minds lol

this might open up the worm hole idea, or something with time travel

the one guy also told the pilot to make sure and follow an exact route back to the ship. maybe theres some weird gate or something

damn you beat me to it i was just about to mention it.

The time was off, and i turned on and the lost with the little notes were on, and i saw and someones name had to do with a german scientist who invented the idea of worm holes or something

although its only 30 minute different from the time of the boat...

Maybe the island is shifting?

Deputy Nutz
02-14-2008, 10:00 PM
Holy sweet balls of Jesus was that a fantastic episode!

Partial
02-14-2008, 10:50 PM
eh, it was ok. Next week should be better when we see what happens on the freighter.

oregonpackfan
02-15-2008, 12:34 AM

I too thought this episode had some incredible twists!

Revealing that Sayid was one of the "Oceanic 6" did not really surprise me due to his elite military background and instincts for survival. Having him be some for of hitman for that slimy weasel Ben shocked the stuffing out of me! :shock:

Though he can be ruthless in his interrogation techniques and his killing, I always though the Sayid character had some ethical standards. It is difficult for me to understand why he would ever consent to take people out for Ben. Sayid is not motivated by money, power, or fame.

At least Desmond is also going back to the freighter with Sayid in the helicopter. Desmond is also a scrappy survivor though he does not have the military skills of Sayid.

MadtownPacker
02-15-2008, 03:04 AM
Kickass episode. All the ones centered around Sayid are great.

Whatever Sayid is doing for Ben is a long while after they get off the island based on Sayid's gray hair. I like how he smoked that dude on the golf course. I cant believe he let that chick get the jump on him. I think her "employer" might be the original Dharma company that has been sending the supplies this whole time.

The seeking missile deal that ran 30 minutes late pretty much confirms there will be a time discrepancy when they get off the island.

Does Ben travel around the world trying to alter lives? Damn that MFer can mess with people's heads.

Sawyer has become Jack's enemy now that he has decided to stay. The Lord of the Flies theory is starting to look like a likely scenario.

twoseven
02-15-2008, 03:26 AM
eh, it was ok. Next week should be better when we see what happens on the freighter.
Next week's Eggtown is supposed to be Kate, Kate, and more Kate. Supposedly will close the gap between the island and the flashforward with Jack at the airport. We'll find out why she's done running from the law, and who's waiting for her at home. I would imagine the freighter doesn't come into play until week after that, with maybe the choppper landing on the freighter (if there even is one, and if they even get there..) at the END of the episode. I just can't see something that huge NOT taking place as a teaser to end a show.

twoseven
02-15-2008, 03:34 AM
Revealing that Sayid was one of the "Oceanic 6" did not really surprise me due to his elite military background and instincts for survival. Having him be some for of hitman for that slimy weasel Ben shocked the stuffing out of me! :shock:

At least Desmond is also going back to the freighter with Sayid in the helicopter. Desmond is also a scrappy survivor though he does not have the military skills of Sayid.
When Sayid said 'I am willing to give my life if it means getting rescued' in the season 3 finale, I thought that was it for his chances.

Don't forget, Desmond was in a military prison, he has some training.

twoseven
02-15-2008, 03:41 AM
Sawyer has become Jack's enemy now that he has decided to stay. The Lord of the Flies theory is starting to look like a likely scenario.

I'm actually not so sure about my Lord.. prediction anymore. Locke is holding up his end, but the distance he has put between himself and Jack's locale, and the fact that he doeens't yet seem bound to keep Jack from leaving has me re-thinking things. Sawyer's already shown that some would rather live on the island than go home to a crappy life. I am leaning more towards a whole bunch of people just remaining on the island without much bloodshed. I would bet maybe even just a single death may occur. I can see Hurely now feeling remorse for something and he and Kate busting ass out of Locke's camp. If Hurley cannot manage to sneak Kate out quietly and peacefully..then I call.. Sawyer sacrificing himself to get Kate away from Locke (carrying Sawyer's baby inside of her). Now that's some great television drama.

LL2
02-15-2008, 08:17 AM
Lost has so many twist and turns. I'm beginning to wonder if they will ever tie up all the loose ends by the time they reach episode 100 (I believe they are doing 100 episodes). They will probably leave many loose ends so viewers can debate the show for eternity and come to their own conclusions.

red
02-15-2008, 09:27 AM
Lost has so many twist and turns. I'm beginning to wonder if they will ever tie up all the loose ends by the time they reach episode 100 (I believe they are doing 100 episodes). They will probably leave many loose ends so viewers can debate the show for eternity and come to their own conclusions.

they better not do a sopranos type ending

that sucked

Deputy Nutz
02-15-2008, 10:33 AM

I too thought this episode had some incredible twists!

Though he can be ruthless in his interrogation techniques and his killing, I always though the Sayid character had some ethical standards. It is difficult for me to understand why he would ever consent to take people out for Ben. Sayid is not motivated by money, power, or fame.

I am really torn between thinking that Ben is an evil mastermind antagonist of the show, verse he might be the one that is actually the hidden protagonist of the show. He is the one that knows all the evils of all on the Island and off the Island. The end of the episode with Sayid doing Ben's dirty work has me thinking that Ben has always pulled the strings in regards to the Island, but also that he is the protector of the Island and knows that it's secrets are too powerful to fall into the wrong hands.

Partial
02-15-2008, 10:39 AM
One of the themes of the show has always been questioning right versus wrong and good versus evil. He's probably going to be a good guy in the end. If you followed the lost experience internet game after season 1(which I don't think anyone did), it was revealed that Dharma was on the island working to solve the valenzeti equation which was supposed to predict the end of man. They were trying to shift the variables, which were hurley's numbers, to see if it changed the outcome.

Seems kind of unethical to interfear with fate to me.

MadtownPacker
02-15-2008, 01:28 PM
Seems kind of unethical to interfear with fate to me.Maybe it is Ben that is making sure fate is not interfered with? Since the French chick gave him to the Losties and they kept him in the bunker I have liked his character. He plays his role real good. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up saving the damn world.

Partial
02-15-2008, 02:54 PM
That's what I'm saying. Ben will probably be a good guy in the end. He plays the character to perfection. I think they changed the story to accomodate him, as he was originally only brought on for a few epis.

twoseven
02-15-2008, 03:33 PM
That's what I'm saying. Ben will probably be a good guy in the end. He plays the character to perfection. I think they changed the story to accomodate him, as he was originally only brought on for a few epis.
Season 2 finale
Jack "who are you people?"
Ben "we're the good guys."

MJZiggy
02-15-2008, 03:39 PM
BTW, there is no way Sayid is one of the Oceanic 6. Those people are famous after they get off the island and he's trying to work as a hit man and fame is the last thing they need. I'm thinking whatever big rescue comes for the other 6, Sayid has already seen the last of the island...

Partial
02-15-2008, 04:24 PM
BTW, there is no way Sayid is one of the Oceanic 6. Those people are famous after they get off the island and he's trying to work as a hit man and fame is the last thing they need. I'm thinking whatever big rescue comes for the other 6, Sayid has already seen the last of the island...

He is.

twoseven
02-15-2008, 04:28 PM
Well, he's Ben's hitman, not James Bond, and nobody knew they were taking people out until the series we witnessed with the woman. It wasn't until Sayid got into the gunfight with the her in the hotel that Sayid said to Ben 'now they know we're after them.' Sounds like Sayid was pretty inconspicuous to that point, that's all that would matter for a person to be killing people in secret. It is completely possible that a 'famous' person could be getting away with murder if there are no witnesses.

Sayid got off another way? Tough call. Ben's secret room with all of the worldwide traveling gear and the wormhole angle make for an interesting way off the island for Ben and Sayid, we shall see.

Charles Woodson
02-15-2008, 06:33 PM
Well, he's Ben's hitman, not James Bond, and nobody knew they were taking people out until the series we witnessed with the woman. It wasn't until Sayid got into the gunfight with the her in the hotel that Sayid said to Ben 'now they know we're after them.' Sounds like Sayid was pretty inconspicuous to that point, that's all that would matter for a person to be killing people in secret. It is completely possible that a 'famous' person could be getting away with murder if there are no witnesses.

Sayid got off another way? Tough call. Ben's secret room with all of the worldwide traveling gear and the wormhole angle make for an interesting way off the island for Ben and Sayid, we shall see.

Zig Sayid is one of the six,
Im thinking that ben has a list of people that are trying to find the island, or are trying to get onto it, they know that ben knows where it is, and the girl whom sayid killed did know exactly who he was. When Ben said the line of "remember the last time you thought with your heart instead of your gun" i think is foreshadowing something that happens on the freighter. Im still going with the theory that Locke never destroyed the submarine, thats how ben was getting off before.

MJZiggy
02-15-2008, 06:46 PM
I'm not saying Sayid didn't get off the island. I'm just saying he didn't do it famously when the Oceanic 6 were grandly rescued. I'm saying he was secreted off the island quietly and it's possible he wasn't the only one to get off and not be officially "rescued." If Kate had supposedly "died" in the plane crash and she somehow quietly got off the island too, it would explain why she wasn't running from the law.

red
02-15-2008, 06:53 PM
IDK zig

he told the guy he shot that he was one of th 6 and thats why the guy knew him

he also told the girl that she recognized him because he was one of the 6

of course, that could end up being some weird crock of BS in the end, so who knows

MJZiggy
02-15-2008, 06:55 PM
See, that's what I get for answering the phone. Five minutes and a whole theory shot to hell!

Charles Woodson
02-15-2008, 07:09 PM
I'm not saying Sayid didn't get off the island. I'm just saying he didn't do it famously when the Oceanic 6 were grandly rescued. I'm saying he was secreted off the island quietly and it's possible he wasn't the only one to get off and not be officially "rescued." If Kate had supposedly "died" in the plane crash and she somehow quietly got off the island too, it would explain why she wasn't running from the law.

and also remember this weeks episode was all about there telling you another member of the oceanic 6

oregonpackfan
02-15-2008, 11:41 PM
The more I learn about the different theories involving Lost, the more confused I become... :?:

LL2
02-16-2008, 09:23 AM
The more I learn about the different theories involving Lost, the more confused I become... :?:

I'm right with ya!

Charles Woodson
02-16-2008, 10:00 AM

yea after thursdays episode i made the mistake of going to the lost theory boards... I think i spent 3 hours and was more confused then when i first looked at them

twoseven
02-16-2008, 10:37 AM

yea after thursdays episode i made the mistake of going to the lost theory boards... I think i spent 3 hours and was more confused then when i first looked at them
Be careful not to read too much into the ultra-trippy Lost supernerds' theories that you can find on some boards. Some may be on the right path, some actually come true. But after watching this show for the last three years and checking out those other boards, I can say for the rest of those theories you'll read, very very few are accurate and hold up when the reveals happen.

There have been some crazy fans of Lost theories in 3 seasons that have suggested incomprehensible explanations for things, and an ending that may be too far fetched to believe. But the creators have said in the past that Lost is still a story that must appeal to AND make sense to all kinds of viewers (not just the X-Files conspiracy crowd). It's still a drama on a major network that's going to end after 45 more episodes. I'm sure they'll want their all of their dedicated viewers to be pleased with the puzzle once it's complete. I certainly don't expect the St. Elsewhere snowglobe ending.

Partial
02-16-2008, 05:15 PM
Oh man this is gold!

http://www.collegehumor.com/article:1749770/

It ties into lost and valentines day.

red
02-21-2008, 01:16 PM
bout freaking time

god damn that was a long week

Partial
02-21-2008, 02:07 PM
Should be a good episode tonight. How lame is that that they are adding a multiple week break before all the finished episodes air? I think its the week after next. Then they're going to run the rest straight through. I say run all 8, take 2 week break, air the rest.

GrnBay007
02-21-2008, 02:10 PM
Are they going to start filming more episodes?

Partial
02-21-2008, 02:12 PM

Yeah, they are going to film 6 more. So a 14 episode out of 16 planned season isn't horrible. But, they said they changed the story slightly to compensate for ending the season at eppy 8.

Hopefully, since they're taking a break before that ep airs, they're going to refilm and go back to their original plan!

GrnBay007
02-21-2008, 02:14 PM
Cool. I love Thursday!! 4.75 hrs. :D

twoseven
02-21-2008, 03:47 PM

Yeah, they are going to film 6 more. So a 14 episode out of 16 planned season isn't horrible. But, they said they changed the story slightly to compensate for ending the season at eppy 8.

Hopefully, since they're taking a break before that ep airs, they're going to refilm and go back to their original plan!
All the things I've read point to 5 more on top of the eight, for thirteen. Where are you hearing about a sixth?

Partial
02-21-2008, 05:02 PM
producers mouth.

twoseven
02-21-2008, 05:22 PM
producers mouth.
http://www.cinemablend.com/television/Lost-Producers-Working-On-5-New-Episodes-8881.html

Lost Producers Working On 5 New Episodes
By Mike Moody: 2008-02-13 13:07:02

The Writers Strike is over and the networks are announcing post-strike plans and return dates for several shows. That's great, but the question a lot of us want answered is ... what's going to happen to Lost now that the writers are back? TV Guide's spunky spoiler Michael Ausiello chatted with Lost executive producer Carlton Cuse about the post-strike plans for the series.

The series' planned 16-episode shooting schedule for season four was, of course, cut short by the strike. Lost returned for its fourth season on Jan. 31 with only eight episodes ready to air. Cuse revealed that he and co-creator Damon Lindelof have plans to produce at least five more season four episodes by May. Lindelof earlier told The Associated Press that he hoped to produced eight more eps this season, but Cuse sounds certain that that number has officially shrunk to five.

"... We've found ourselves in a situation where we had eight episodes of story planned, and we're going to try to fit that into five hours of the show. Even though it's going to be very hard to execute, we felt like any less would be doing a disservice to the story we had planned. We really want to give the fans the best possible experience and ending... to Season 4," Cuse told Ausiello.

So that makes 13 episodes for this season, instead of 16. Cuse also noted that there will probably be a four-week delay between airing the first batch of eps and the new ones. What about those "lost" three eps? Cuse said they might tag an extra three eps to the fifth season.

Charles Woodson
02-21-2008, 05:38 PM
producers mouth.
http://www.cinemablend.com/television/Lost-Producers-Working-On-5-New-Episodes-8881.html

:laugh: Partial PWNED

twoseven
02-21-2008, 06:13 PM
producers mouth.

I'm not trying to :laugh:'a ha' anybody, I just want to get the exact number down. Whatever the number is, it will end with the finale. One extra show could make a big damn difference to how the story will progress because it means less of the orginally intended material will be squeezed out. The strike has forced them to turn eight episodes worth of story into five, or possibly six as partial has suggested. I wish it were 6 extra.

Partial
02-21-2008, 06:23 PM
producers mouth.

Yes, I got served badly. :roll:

At any rate, you're right guy. I went and looked it up and the producers said 5. Matt Fox said 6 in an interview, thats where that number came from.

twoseven
02-21-2008, 06:29 PM
All the replays that air at 7pm before the new one at 8pm are including the information bubble at the bottom of the screen. I picked up at least two things I never knew watching this info thing during the finale. I'll be recording the replays now too.

Am I a moron for not noticing that Jack's father was in the mysterious cabin in the rocking chair, or did that slip past others as well?

GrnBay007
02-21-2008, 07:19 PM
Am I a moron for not noticing that Jack's father was in the mysterious cabin in the rocking chair, or did that slip past others as well?

Wow, I didn't know that. You got that from one of the pop ups?

MadtownPacker
02-21-2008, 07:21 PM
Am I a moron for not noticing that Jack's father was in the mysterious cabin in the rocking chair, or did that slip past others as well?Well dont forget that Jack see his pops walking around the island after they first crash so it makes sense that he would pop up like a ghost I guess.

twoseven
02-21-2008, 07:55 PM
Am I a moron for not noticing that Jack's father was in the mysterious cabin in the rocking chair, or did that slip past others as well?Well dont forget that Jack see his pops walking around the island after they first crash so it makes sense that he would pop up like a ghost I guess.
I rembered that. It's just that I framed by framed it inside the cabin to get a good look at the figure in the chair and still didn't realize until I read elsewhere on the net that it was Jack's pop.

red
02-21-2008, 08:10 PM
i'm with you 27. i had no clue either

red
02-21-2008, 08:22 PM
WAIT WHAT???????????// WTF????

their story is that only 8 survived the crash and two of them died on the island

red
02-21-2008, 09:01 PM
HA I KNEW IT

Its claires baby

Partial
02-21-2008, 09:20 PM
If any of you are interested, watch the Mobisodes of lost. They were exclusive clips for Verizon V-Cast Mobile Phones or whatever. There are like 12 of them or something, and all of them were pretty awful except for the most recent few. The ones with Jin, Juliet and Christian Shepard especially, are worth watching!

http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/missingpieces/index

Charles Woodson
02-21-2008, 09:55 PM
Man amazing episode

So the reason the helicopter hasnt reached the freighter has to do with the time warp... The time warp is affecting daniel (helicopter guy) giving him some sort of memory loss, And also i had heard some rumors and rewatched it, but the episode with ghost buster dude, when he goes up stairs there are some pictures on the wall with metal outline, when he comes back down there wood.

and for the record, aaron cant be part of the oceanic 6 because the story was that kate saved 6 and 2 died, but aaron was born on the island so she couldnt have saved him... we also know claire cant be on the oceanic 6, damn good episode...

other thoughts?

GrnBay007
02-21-2008, 10:33 PM
I need to start recording these episodes and watch them 2 or 3 times. I was shocked with the Aaron part too.

VERY curious what's going on with the helicopter

GrnBay007
02-21-2008, 10:36 PM
When Jack doesn't want to be around the baby I automatically thought because it was Sawyers baby. Now since she called him Aaron....any thoughts on why Jack doesn't want to be around the baby? Maybe the memories of Claire not making it are too hard on him....or he feels some responsibility for it.

No way to stop watching now.........but I will say it was SO nice to buy season 3 and watch it all on one weekend....and no commercials.

Partial
02-21-2008, 10:56 PM
I need to start recording these episodes and watch them 2 or 3 times. I was shocked with the Aaron part too.

VERY curious what's going on with the helicopter

You can watch them in HD at ABC.com the day after.

Partial
02-21-2008, 11:01 PM
I don't think it was memory loss, it was that he was psychic. I mean after all he was just naming 3 random cards.

In the preview for next week, they showed Des choking and screaming at Daniel up against what appeared to be a chalk board.

Also of note, last week Dan said stay on 325 no matter what to the pilot. When Michael and Walt left the Island, they were told to stay on 325 to find rescue. Michael's name has been in the credits every week now. I would be surprised if Michael isn't in this next episode on the freighter as they spy.

http://spoilerslost.blogspot.com/2008/02/episode-405-constant-ctv-trailer-and.html

They have pictures and both the canadian and american previews there. Don't worry, its a direct link so its spoiler free.

Partial
02-21-2008, 11:05 PM
Ooooo, next week's episode is written by Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindeldorf. They only write the really, really good episodes like the Brig last year when Sawyer met the real Sawyer, last seasons finale, etc. That is all the indication I need to know that next week will be a phenomenal episode.

Also, when the Helicopter landed on the island they went through an electrical storm. It appears as they are going through yet another one. Perhaps that is what is cloaking the island from the outside world?

GrnBay007
02-21-2008, 11:06 PM
Yeah, it surprised me they never showed Michael and Walt after they left...other than when Walt was "seen" by Locke. It would make sense him being the spy on the boat.

GrnBay007
02-21-2008, 11:08 PM
I really like that they are showing the previous week prior to the new show. Have they done that all along during the different seasons? This is the first season I'm watching as they go.

twoseven
02-22-2008, 04:08 AM
When Jack doesn't want to be around the baby I automatically thought because it was Sawyers baby. Now since she called him Aaron....any thoughts on why Jack doesn't want to be around the baby? Maybe the memories of Claire not making it are too hard on him....or he feels some responsibility for it.

No way to stop watching now.........but I will say it was SO nice to buy season 3 and watch it all on one weekend....and no commercials.
Claire and Jack have the same father, they are half brother and sister although they do not yet realize it (I am guessing they'll find out eventually), so Aaron is Jack's nephew (or whatever you call a nephew of a half-sibling). Whether or not this has anything to do with his reaction is up in the air. But you would have to wonder why they would bother with the half-sibling story to begin with if it were to never come into play.

LL2
02-22-2008, 08:38 AM

Claire and Jack have the same father, they are half brother and sister although they do not yet realize it (I am guessing they'll find out eventually), so Aaron is Jack's nephew (or whatever you call a nephew of a half-sibling). Whether or not this has anything to do with his reaction is up in the air. But you would have to wonder why they would bother with the half-sibling story to begin with if it were to never come into play.

I forgot that Jack and Claire are related. I have a feeling Jack doesn't know that Kate has Aaron. She still has feeling for Jack, and rejected him again. Then again some women do that to guys they know will take care of them, but go after the guy that will break their heart time and time again.

MJZiggy
02-22-2008, 09:07 AM
But she didn't reject him, she just demanded that if he wanted to be with her, he had to want her son as well. I would want the same thing.

twoseven
02-22-2008, 03:33 PM
I'm thinking that the events that led to Aaron leaving with the Six (Claire's death? how it may have happened? Locke? the Six kidnapping Aaron? Something else?) is what Jack is unwilling to deal with, Aaron obviously reminds him of this still unknown event OR Aaron possibly symbolizes a moment in which the horrible thing(s) transpired leading to or during the exodus of the Six from the island.

twoseven
02-22-2008, 03:39 PM
I rembered that. It's just that I framed by framed it inside the cabin to get a good look at the figure in the chair and still didn't realize until I read elsewhere on the net that it was Jack's pop.
I went back and watched this scene again and there's almost NO WAY you can tell it's Dr. Sheppard Sr. Even knowing it's him, all you can do is faintly make out his shadowed profile and they give you a good look at his shoes. My guess is the info bubble two weeks ago when the replayed the episode told you it was him in the chair.

oregonpackfan
02-22-2008, 06:24 PM
I am still perplexed about Ben and Sayid. How does Ben get off the island?

More important, why does Sayid agree to be a hitman for Ben, a real slimeball, and proceed to eliminate people on Ben's list?

oregonpackfan
02-22-2008, 06:26 PM
Another question I have about Kate is how does she afford to have a house to raise the toddler Aaron? Does she marry someone who has a house or does she get money somewhere else?

GrnBay007
02-22-2008, 09:20 PM

More important, why does Sayid agree to be a hitman for Ben, a real slimeball, and proceed to eliminate people on Ben's list?

My guess is that Ben has always had a way off the island ....as so he could conduct his "business" ...whatever that may be.

I hate seeing Sayid do anything Ben wants because I like Sayid....but I would have to think Ben is holding something really big over his head....like the lives of many of his island friends.

GrnBay007
02-22-2008, 09:22 PM
This show really needs to be on twice a week!! :(

Charles Woodson
02-22-2008, 10:06 PM

ive been saying that i still think locke didnt blow up the submarine

Charles Woodson
02-22-2008, 10:06 PM
This show really needs to be on twice a week!! :(

it needs to be on 24 hours a day, 7 days a week

Charles Woodson
02-22-2008, 10:07 PM
I don't think it was memory loss, it was that he was psychic. I mean after all he was just naming 3 random cards.

from what i took out of it, that they were the same cards that he was trying to memorize, if so how do you explain the part where he suddenly starts crying and they ask him why hes crying and he says i dont know

Charles Woodson
02-22-2008, 10:32 PM
http://mirrormattermoon.blogspot.com/

some interesting theory's.

twoseven
02-23-2008, 05:42 AM
Another question I have about Kate is how does she afford to have a house to raise the toddler Aaron? Does she marry someone who has a house or does she get money somewhere else?
A large settlement with Oceanic Airlines, maybe? Sayid said to the Italian guy he ended up killing that he did nothing. When the Italian suggested you would need some money to play exclusively on the course they were on Sayid came back with the line about receiving a large settlement from the airline.

twoseven
02-23-2008, 05:49 AM
Several people have suggested that Locke did not blow up the submarine. I believe it WAS destroyed. I would think that those that were in the proximity of the docks at the time might have checked on this. After all, it was not submersed, it was docked and in plain view and it would have left a pretty big mess. Nobody went to check on it at all after a massive explosion a few hundred feet away? For as strong as the writing is on this show, I would be disapointed if they would allow a fake demolition job on something as large as a sub to go on as unnoticed by inhabitants who seem to always know what's going on. Maybe it's as simple as there is another submarine, but I find it hard to believe the one we saw was not wrecked.

How does Ben get off the island, good question, to which I would add.. How did a polar bear get from the island to the other side of the globe and end up in Tunisia? How did Eco's brother's tiny plane get from central Africa to the middle of the island, again on the other side of the globe? How is an old ship, the Black Rock, landlocked in the middle of the island? Things traveling great distances unconventionally seems to be a frequent occurence on the island. If a polar bear can travel mysteriously thousands of miles to another location, why can't a human?

Ben's SECRET room had many different outfits and passports, apparently to allow him to go anywhere in the world. I would imagine his method of travel would also have to be secret, otherwise why hide all of the suits and passports from the Others? The submarine was not a secret that only Ben knew of, I think he has another way off the island that may end up being some kind of portal. Roger Alpert and Ethan Rom left the island in the submarine to recruit Juliet to the island to help with the pregnancies, other 'Others' were leaving the island, not just Ben. So again, how does a sub that was used by numerous Others that was supposedly destroyed NOT get checked on, and why the SECRET room for Ben?

Charles Woodson
02-23-2008, 10:44 AM
Several people have suggested that Locke did not blow up the submarine. I believe it WAS destroyed. I would think that those that were in the proximity of the docks at the time might have checked on this. After all, it was not submersed, it was docked and in plain view and it would have left a pretty big mess. Nobody went to check on it at all after a massive explosion a few hundred feet away? For as strong as the writing is on this show, I would be disapointed if they would allow a fake demolition job on something as large as a sub to go on as unnoticed by inhabitants who seem to always know what's going on. Maybe it's as simple as there is another submarine, but I find it hard to believe the one we saw was not wrecked.

my question with it is that why would he be all wet if he really destroyed it. I think theres a chance he moved it and blew up the dock

twoseven
02-23-2008, 10:59 AM

my question with it is that why would he be all wet if he really destroyed it. I think theres a chance he moved it and blew up the dock
All wet because he planted the explosives on the propulsion system or another external area, he would have had to be in the water to do so.

Good call on the all wet detail. But the explosives still would have left wreckage that could have been seen the next day.

red
02-25-2008, 09:39 AM
is it thursday yet?

red
02-28-2008, 03:03 PM
whoop whoop

sayid and des raise hell on the ship tonight

GrnBay007
02-28-2008, 03:23 PM
Yippee!!! It's Thursday....my new favorite day of the week!! :D

Charles Woodson
02-28-2008, 08:26 PM
man, this episode is super weird, but really good

red
02-28-2008, 08:31 PM
awesome episode so far, very cool

GrnBay007
02-28-2008, 09:24 PM
It will be interesting to watch the repeat episode next week with all the pop-ups.

It was a weird episode and I'd rather it not be so much off the island stuff...but I think all the information tonight will be pertinent to explaining a lot about the island.

HarveyWallbangers
02-28-2008, 09:35 PM
I thought it was a good episode.

Partial
02-29-2008, 02:05 AM
So, the ending was weird to me.

If Faraday told Desmond to go back in time and meet him, how would he know to use Desmond as someone he'd previously met as his constant? Either they previously met or that seems like a paradox or time travel. That, or Faraday knew that Desmond would be able to go back in time (I am convinced he's psychic) or he deliberately gave the wrong coordinates to make that happen, thus giving him that security blanket.

Regardless, too cutesy with the time travel for me.

red
02-29-2008, 07:53 AM
ok

what if, the psychic had this same thing happen to him when he flew to the island? if desmond went back and met him in 1994 then the guy would know something was going to happen. thats why he was crying when he saw the tv saying the plane crashed (he knew what was about to happen). and that could explain the cards. he picked 3 cards before they took off, and when they landed he couldn't remember them, showing that he went through the same thing des did and told him about 10 years earlier.

thats when he wrote in the notebook that des is his constant to fix it in case his brain gets fried

its confusing, but cool

Partial
02-29-2008, 08:02 AM
ok

what if, the psychic had this same thing happen to him when he flew to the island? if desmond went back and met him in 1994 then the guy would know something was going to happen. thats why he was crying when he saw the tv saying the plane crashed (he knew what was about to happen). and that could explain the cards. he picked 3 cards before they took off, and when they landed he couldn't remember them, showing that he went through the same thing des did and told him about 10 years earlier.

thats when he wrote in the notebook that des is his constant to fix it in case his brain gets fried

its confusing, but cool

He didn't write it, it looked like it was already there. Regardless, that was kind of a weird ending.

But yes, I believe that the same thing happened to him as well which is what let him flash to the future. I think now you'll see that Desmond can control it and do the same.

Partial
02-29-2008, 08:14 AM
I bet he's psychic because he didn't wear a helmet and was exposed to the radiation when doing those experiments with the mouse.

Partial
02-29-2008, 08:23 AM
Next episode should be Christmas and the date of the Tsunami. I wonder if they include that in the show?

red
02-29-2008, 10:51 AM
I bet he's psychic because he didn't wear a helmet and was exposed to the radiation when doing those experiments with the mouse.

that very well could be. he did ask if des had been exposed to high doses of radiation or electromagnetic stuff

He didn't write it, it looked like it was already there. Regardless, that was kind of a weird ending.

he wrote it in 1994 after des met him. it then turns up in his notebook in 2004

so 10 years later he looks in the book and sees this and it lets him know he's not insane, or not gonna die

maybe something like that

Partial
02-29-2008, 11:13 AM
I don't think he wrote it in 1994. Per the discussed Paradox, in the original 1996 or whenever it was they never met. In 2004, he told Desmond to go and meet him. He cannot have written it then or its a paradox. Time Traveling is goofy.

That's why I am led to believe he knew what would happen to Desmond and knew he could trick him into doing that for him and curing him.

Maybe they were both cured in this episode??

MadtownPacker
02-29-2008, 12:24 PM
I have watched this show since the start in 2004 since the first week. For the first time ever I walked away with disappointment in an episode. Maybe it was more of the direction the storyline took. It was a decent episode but I dont like what Im seeing. I invested alot of time into this show and I expect more.

Partial
02-29-2008, 01:33 PM
I thought it was a great episode. Very revealing.

Charles Woodson
02-29-2008, 04:57 PM
I have watched this show since the start in 2004 since the first week. For the first time ever I walked away with disappointment in an episode. Maybe it was more of the direction the storyline took. It was a decent episode but I dont like what Im seeing. I invested alot of time into this show and I expect more.

i agree, to me it seemed like a filler episode, dont get me wrong i thought it was pretty cool, but the fact that it revealed very little bothered me.

red
02-29-2008, 05:35 PM
yeah, there was no kate what-so-ever in the episode

stroke ablility factor went waaaaaaaaaaay down this week

oregonpackfan
02-29-2008, 06:18 PM
The time warp factor was something right out of Star Trek!

MadtownPacker
02-29-2008, 10:46 PM
The time warp factor was something right out of Star Trek!Yes and that is exactly my problem with the episode and the turn the story has taken.

Fosco33
02-29-2008, 11:41 PM
A few things are clear - some we knew before...

the island was cloaked in electromagnetic shield of some sort to hide it - which desmond got a full brunt of when he turned the key

this caused his adverse effects

the new scientist was using tons of radiation and had side effects (memory loss) - and definitely met desmond in '96 but forgot (heck - he couldn't even recall 3 cards in a row). once desmond mentioned the island/etc - dude was probably searching for it for these 8 years (to '04) and took the notebook to help things along...

clearly there's only one way in/out of the island - meaning that all the planes/ships/etc must hit the right angle...

I liked the Blackrock book sold by Hanso to Penny's Dad - pretty interesting piece that some casual fan may overlook.

my new theory... all the survivors on the island have 'constants' - or connections with the pre crash world - probably to allow the mind to know where you're at

unknown - the pupils not dilating when you're out of balance - tons of episodes have closeup shots of peoples eyes

I'm glad they're finally giving some answers

twoseven
03-01-2008, 05:44 AM
the new scientist was using tons of radiation and had side effects (memory loss) - and definitely met desmond in '96 but forgot (heck - he couldn't even recall 3 cards in a row).
GREAT OBSERVATION!

Others were leaning towards some kind of psychic twist, but this one looks much more appropriate to the story, memory loss and the inablity to retain new thoughts, especially important and ironic if what looks to be the most knowledgeable character concerning all of the science behind the island can't remember what he has learned about it. Every time he squints and murmurs to himself I imagine he is just perusing that big brain of his for the answers he needs, almost in an all-knowing manner. That he may also/instead be struggling to generate any thought at all based on past knowledge is a helluva speed bump and storyline twist..great catch fosco33!

twoseven
03-01-2008, 06:11 AM
I liked the Blackrock book sold by Hanso to Penny's Dad - pretty interesting piece that some casual fan may overlook.

This is a bigger deal than it appears. Random thoughts about the Black Rock journal..

Hanso, unless I am remembering wrong, organized Dharma in the first place. Did the journal of the Black Rock lead them to find the island that Dharma inhabited, or did they find the journal on the Black Rock after Dharma was already on the island?

In the episode that shows the the helicopter pilot flashback, he was watching a search team video on TV of supposed oceanic 815 wreckage, he recognized that the pilot was not wearing a ring, disputed the validity of the wreckage being 815. The search team that filmed the footage of supposed 815 was actually searching for the Black Rock, it could have been on the island for close to 150 years.

We can tie either the Hanso Co. or Penny's father's company to the search efforts for the Black Rock that ended up stumbling onto what was claimed to be 815. My guess is Penny's father because Hanso had already found the island about 30 years earlier. The search team's footage of 815 came about 8 years after Penny's dad won the journal. The journal won in the auction would have probably led Penny's dad towards the island, or would have given him an idea as to where the island he may have already been looking for was located. What's potentially in that journal that could drive its owner to try and find or help locate the island..

The woman who was killed by Locke, Naomi, may be able to be tied to Penny's dad for the simple fact that she was toting around a picture of Desmond and Penny together for identification. Desmond got lost at sea competing in the trans global race that was organized by Penny's dad. Did he chart a course for the participants that would have steered them in the direction of the island, creepily using innocent people to search for it without them knowing?

We know Abadon (creepy black man) was above Naomi in organizing the 'team' to go to the island looking for something, probably Ben. So Abadon is possibly working for Penny's dad? My guess is only Penny's father or Penny herself could have supplied the photo that Naomi had. Season 3 finale, Penny had NO knowledge of 'the boat', so I would assume she did not supply the picture. Desmond confronts the chopper pilot at the end of 'the economist' and asks him if he knows Penny. He says no. Though he did refer to her as 'senior management.' Last mintues of last epsiode, Penny tells Desmond she knows about the island, has been searcing for him for three years, since 2001. So did she eventually go to her dad to find out about the island?

If Penny's father is at the head of this, might he be the other power player that has been going to extreme measures to locate Benjamin Linus? Miles Strraum, psychic medium asian guy, tells Ben 'you know who I represent and that he's gone to great lengths to find you.' Could Penny's dad have been the boss or 'the economist' that Sayid is after in the future? The woman that shot Sayid called her boss, said 'he'll never give us the name now. Ok, I'll bring him to you.' Weird that this boss would need a name if he's already after Ben. So what name is he looking for, and maybe he is just unaware that Sayid is kiling people for Ben. What is the relationship between Ben and Penny's father?

My head hurts.

Charles Woodson
03-01-2008, 10:00 AM
the new scientist was using tons of radiation and had side effects (memory loss) - and definitely met desmond in '96 but forgot (heck - he couldn't even recall 3 cards in a row).
GREAT OBSERVATION!

Others were leaning towards some kind of psychic twist, but this one looks much more appropriate to the story, memory loss

Hey, i called that it was memory loss last episode

Partial
03-01-2008, 11:10 AM
I think you guys are wrong, because he it is impossible that he knew they met in 96. That's not how the theory of time travel works. You can't go back in time and change an event without the future being changed, and with that being a significant event don't you think they'd remember? Further more, without Desmond meeting Dan and flying to the freighter would he have had to go back and meet Dan?!? To me, the answer is no.

I think the stuff started happening to Dan when they came to the Island. The guessing card thing was him jumping to the future like Desmond could do, but he was having a hard time controlling it.

Fosco33
03-01-2008, 01:55 PM
I think you guys are wrong, because he it is impossible that he knew they met in 96. That's not how the theory of time travel works. You can't go back in time and change an event without the future being changed, and with that being a significant event don't you think they'd remember? Further more, without Desmond meeting Dan and flying to the freighter would he have had to go back and meet Dan?!? To me, the answer is no.

I think the stuff started happening to Dan when they came to the Island. The guessing card thing was him jumping to the future like Desmond could do, but he was having a hard time controlling it.

Why would he write that Desmond was his constant in his notebook then? It was simply memory loss.

He knew it was 96 in desmond's conscious and asked him to meet him there - it wasn't time travel but consciousness slippage.

twoseven
03-01-2008, 01:58 PM
GREAT OBSERVATION!

Others were leaning towards some kind of psychic twist, but this one looks much more appropriate to the story, memory loss

Hey, i called that it was memory loss last episode

Good job CW.

Fosco33
03-01-2008, 02:01 PM

This is a bigger deal than it appears. Random thoughts about the Black Rock journal..

Hanso, unless I am remembering wrong, organized Dharma in the first place. Did the journal of the Black Rock lead them to find the island that Dharma inhabited, or did they find the journal on the Black Rock after Dharma was already on the island?

In the episode that shows the the helicopter pilot flashback, he was watching a search team video on TV of supposed oceanic 815 wreckage, he recognized that the pilot was not wearing a ring, disputed the validity of the wreckage being 815. The search team that filmed the footage of supposed 815 was actually searching for the Black Rock, it could have been on the island for close to 150 years.

We can tie either the Hanso Co. or Penny's father's company to the search efforts for the Black Rock that ended up stumbling onto what was claimed to be 815. My guess is Penny's father because Hanso had already found the island about 30 years earlier. The search team's footage of 815 came about 8 years after Penny's dad won the journal. The journal won in the auction would have probably led Penny's dad towards the island, or would have given him an idea as to where the island he may have already been looking for was located. What's potentially in that journal that could drive its owner to try and find or help locate the island..

The woman who was killed by Locke, Naomi, may be able to be tied to Penny's dad for the simple fact that she was toting around a picture of Desmond and Penny together for identification. Desmond got lost at sea competing in the trans global race that was organized by Penny's dad. Did he chart a course for the participants that would have steered them in the direction of the island, creepily using innocent people to search for it without them knowing?

We know Abadon (creepy black man) was above Naomi in organizing the 'team' to go to the island looking for something, probably Ben. So Abadon is possibly working for Penny's dad? My guess is only Penny's father or Penny herself could have supplied the photo that Naomi had. Season 3 finale, Penny had NO knowledge of 'the boat', so I would assume she did not supply the picture. Desmond confronts the chopper pilot at the end of 'the economist' and asks him if he knows Penny. He says no. Though he did refer to her as 'senior management.' Last mintues of last epsiode, Penny tells Desmond she knows about the island, has been searcing for him for three years, since 2001. So did she eventually go to her dad to find out about the island?

If Penny's father is at the head of this, might he be the other power player that has been going to extreme measures to locate Benjamin Linus? Miles Strraum, psychic medium asian guy, tells Ben 'you know who I represent and that he's gone to great lengths to find you.' Could Penny's dad have been the boss or 'the economist' that Sayid is after in the future? The woman that shot Sayid called her boss, said 'he'll never give us the name now. Ok, I'll bring him to you.' Weird that this boss would need a name if he's already after Ben. So what name is he looking for, and maybe he is just unaware that Sayid is kiling people for Ben. What is the relationship between Ben and Penny's father?

My head hurts.

I agree with this mostly. Miles can communicate with the dead - I don't think he's psychic. I think he was brought there to find Ben and Jacob. I wonder though - who was on the boat to open the locked door to the sick bay - did the producers let us conjure that it has to be a ghost or spirit... OR was it just some guy?

Partial
03-01-2008, 02:03 PM

Why would he write that Desmond was his constant in his notebook then? It was simply memory loss.

He knew it was 96 in desmond's conscious and asked him to meet him there - it wasn't time travel but consciousness slippage.

I don't understand what you're saying. I don't think it was shown whether it was previously written or if he wrote it then.

It was time travel, not consciousness slipping. Events changed in the past yet did not alter events in the future. Since something happened in the past than all of history from that moment moving forward should be reflective of that change, since the future did not happen yet.

Certainly, it is a weird topic and a weird episode.

twoseven
03-01-2008, 02:11 PM

Since when did Desmond physically travel in time? He was having an alternate consicence experience, not traveling physically through time. He was catatonic in front if Sayid, meanwhile his conscience is in 96', he was for all intents and purposes IN TWO PLACES AT ONCE, just only able to consciously participate in one at a time. Did Des' info from 04' Dan to 96' Dan change anything, or did it just speed things up? If 96' Dan would have figured out the .231 and 10Hz figures eventually Des' info didn't CHANGE anything, just accelerated it.

Fosco33
03-01-2008, 02:12 PM

I don't understand what you're saying. I don't think it was shown whether it was previously written or if he wrote it then.

It was time travel, not consciousness slipping. Events changed in the past yet did not alter events in the future. Since something happened in the past than all of history from that moment moving forward should be reflective of that change, since the future did not happen yet.

When Desmond met him at Oxford, the guy said - future me of me referenced this me - so he must've remembered meeting you. Desmond replies - no - he must have forgot. The guy laughs and says - right - how would that happen. They he immediately talks about radiation effects several times a day and the fact that he had no head gear protection.

Also - I think it is consciousness - the experiment with the rat showed that it wasn't anything odd (no disappearance, etc.). The guy said that it wasn't time travel - the rat's mind was sent to the future.

And with the playing card scene - it's clearly memory loss. At least it's clear to me.

I thought it was one of the better episodes of the entire series to date.

twoseven
03-01-2008, 02:14 PM

When Desmond met him at Oxford, the guy said - future me of me referenced this me - so he must've remembered meeting you. Desmond replies - no - he must have forgot. The guy laughs and says - right - how would that happen. They he immediately talks about radiation effects several times a day and the fact that he had no head gear protection.

Also - I think it is consciousness - the experiment with the rat showed that it wasn't anything odd (no disappearance, etc.).

And with the playing card scene - it's clearly memory loss. At least it's clear to me.

I thought it was one of the better episodes of the entire series to date.Time travel means a body physically goes through time. This is NOT what happened. Des' body was in two places at once. His conscience was going back and forth, but a catatonic body was involved in the 'other' location each time.

GrnBay007
03-01-2008, 02:22 PM
Let's just go back to Hurley driving that 70's love van around filled with icky beer. :P

Partial
03-01-2008, 02:27 PM

Also - I think it is consciousness - the experiment with the rat showed that it wasn't anything odd (no disappearance, etc.). The guy said that it wasn't time travel - the rat's mind was sent to the future.

I thought it was one of the better episodes of the entire series to date.

But, the effects didn't happen to him until he got onto the Island. I agree it happened to him because of the radiation.

Desmond didn't lose his memory. I think it means that the same thing is happening to Desmond is also happening to Dan. They made no reference to Dan having ever seen the cards before.

Producer Podcast (http://spoilerslost.blogspot.com/2008/02/exclusive-scoop-official-lost-podcast.html)

at 17:56 in the latest producer podcast (I am listening to it as we speak, so this literally came up as I was typing lol), they said that it is likely a pre-existing condition that doesn't have anything to do with memory loss.

I think it confirms that he is manipulating time with his mind.

Partial
03-01-2008, 02:32 PM
Everyone knows his body didn't go back in time. It's his mind.

Do you guys remember flashes before your eyes? After he turned the fail safe key he went back to the time when he was dating Penny. Ms. Hawkings (an obvious reference to Stephen Hawkings. He has also shown a knack for predicting the future.

Dan Faraday is a reference to the physicist Faraday. He was an electromagnetism researcher.

I'm telling you guys, he went back and changed time, because do you think in 2001 when he saw Penny at the stadium she knew that he would call on Christmas Eve 2004? I don't.

I don't think there is any evidence to support memory loss. Based on what he know of the similiar situations between Faraday and Desmond, it is safe to conclude that he is predicting the future not losing his memory.

Partial
03-01-2008, 02:33 PM
Let's just go back to Hurley driving that 70's love van around filled with icky beer. :P

They're back to the island next week. Did you enjoy this weeks episode?

GrnBay007
03-01-2008, 02:52 PM

They're back to the island next week. Did you enjoy this weeks episode?

I enjoy every episode. :D Like I said in an earlier post, I didn't care for the whole episode being off-island. To be honest I always watch the early (repeat) episode first with the pop-ups because I get more out of it the 2nd time around. I'm usually rushing home from work, cooking dinner until right before it comes on so my mind is not always focused on everything in the present episode. ....another reason I really enjoyed watching (to play catch up) the shows on DVD after the fact. I rented season 1 and 2 and bought season 3. I think I will end up buying them all. Plus my kids didn't get into watching it till season 3 so they are always asking a ton of questions about the past. Have they ever indicated how many seasons Lost will be on? Or are they just waiting to see the viewer ratings before making that decision?

Partial
03-01-2008, 02:54 PM
There are going to be 6 seasons total. This one is going to be 13 episodes, than the others will be a total of 35. 48 episodes for the final three seasons.

Partial
03-01-2008, 03:28 PM
I just thought of this, if Desmond needed a constant in both times, why didn't he stop once he met Dan back in 1994?!?

twoseven
03-01-2008, 03:31 PM
Your brain is going to bleed if you keep trying to figure EVERYTHING out. They WILL explain everything eventually and it will make sense, though there will proably be some sci-fi that we can't actually relate to. I don't even want to get into this alternate cosncience, future, past, time travel or not discussion. It's wasted breath, the show will reveal it all to us over time in a way we will all be able to receive and follow. Until then I'll stick to discussing, debating and debunking the actual real time events that aren't Back To the Future crazy.

Penny's dad. Overbearing father, or the kingpin behind it all. Discuss..