PDA

View Full Version : What a meltdown...

packers11
12-18-2007, 10:15 AM
After the Lions going 6-2 the media was ready to crown them as a deep playoff contender...

After losing 6 straight with a 6-8 record they are now eliminated from the playoff hunt...

What a meltdown... But what can you say, its expected :wink: :lol:

Deputy Nutz
12-18-2007, 10:21 AM
After the Lions going 6-2 the media was ready to crown them as a deep playoff contender...

After losing 6 straight with a 6-8 record they are now eliminated from the playoff hunt...

What a meltdown... But what can you say, its expected :wink: :lol:

I really didn't expect them to lose 6 straight games, that was bad even for the Lions.

Carolina_Packer
12-18-2007, 10:22 AM
I wonder if Kitna will retire from the prediction business? They may get to 10 this year...10 losses! Can Matt Millen's firing be far behind?

jramsey495
12-18-2007, 10:24 AM
yeah, it's interesting because i bet most pre-season prognosticators had the division chicago, then detroit, then us and minnesota tied for last and it turned out the opposite. those people have no balls to make real predictions, they just go on last year. of course, who could've seen all the injuries chicago would have to deal with?

packers11
12-18-2007, 10:28 AM
yeah, it's interesting because i bet most pre-season prognosticators had the division chicago, then detroit, then us and minnesota tied for last and it turned out the opposite. those people have no balls to make real predictions, they just go on last year. of course, who could've seen all the injuries chicago would have to deal with?

True true, there were a select few who even had the packers at .500... I think woody Paige crowned us NFC north champs, but he loves Favre so I thought it was kind of biased... haha

But on your other comment, in 2005 when the packers were 4-12, no one cared about our injuries... AG, Davenport, Walker all out for season... They just looked at us as a "bad team"... When the packers lost to the cowboys, they didn't care that woodson and KGB were out... It was still a L for the packers... Now since the tables are turned, I don't care who is injured on anyones team because in the end, no one gives a rats ass... All they care about is the W/L column...

MJZiggy
12-18-2007, 10:41 AM
Funny, when I read the thread title, I was expecting a youtube link to TO's sideline tantrum...

OS PA
12-18-2007, 10:45 AM
I wonder if Kitna will retire from the prediction business? They may get to 10 this year...10 losses! Can Matt Millen's firing be far behind?

I kind of feel bad for Kitna, he's a decent quarterback, and has done a really nice in Detroit, but his team has really quit on him. The guy has gotten killed on a consistent basis, 52 sacks on the year, but he keeps on getting up and cheering for the team. Sure he throws a lot of interceptions, but he tends to keep his team in the game. The same can't be said for his defense.

jramsey495
12-18-2007, 11:34 AM

I kind of feel bad for Kitna, he's a decent quarterback, and has done a really nice in Detroit, but his team has really quit on him. The guy has gotten killed on a consistent basis, 52 sacks on the year, but he keeps on getting up and cheering for the team. Sure he throws a lot of interceptions, but he tends to keep his team in the game. The same can't be said for his defense.

i think i would like kitna if i knew him, i mean, he seems like a great guy... but i don't feel bad for him at all. didn't he predict he would throw for 5,000 yards this year? what was he thinking? who does that? or did he just predict the 10 wins and someone else predict he would throw for 5,000 yards?

Fritz
12-18-2007, 12:38 PM

Uh, actually, yes. The owners, the Ford family, are either loyal to a fault or uncaring or stupid or all of the above, depending on whom you ask. Millen is an abysmal judge of talent - he has one starter on his team (that I know of - Jon Scott) who was drafted by him in any round later than the third. And the dude has had, what, seven drafts now? Not good. If you want to argue that it doesn't matter when you pick 'em, as long as you do pick 'em, then you have to look at the long and undistinguished list of picks from rounds one through three who are low-quality or did not make the cut...Mike Williams...Teddy Lehman...Charles Rogers...Boss Bailey...Joey Harrington...Kalimba Edwards...Andre Goodman....

As a Packer fan, Matt Millen is my favorite Lion.

Deputy Nutz
12-18-2007, 12:51 PM
Seems like the smart choice would have been Joe Thomas instead of taking another wide receiver.

Cheesehead Craig
12-18-2007, 01:08 PM
Joe Thomas would have done so much more for that team than Johnson ever will.

It really is sad how bad a franchise can be on the OL and the defense for so long.

b bulldog
12-18-2007, 08:10 PM
Bookend T's are very hard to come by. CJ will be fine, they do need a QB and their Oline is awful.

MJZiggy
12-18-2007, 08:17 PM
Bookend T's are very hard to come by. CJ will be fine, they do need a QB and their Oline is awful.

So that means they'll be drafting either a wideout or runningback, right?

oregonpackfan
12-18-2007, 09:20 PM

Uh, actually, yes. The owners, the Ford family, are either loyal to a fault or uncaring or stupid or all of the above, depending on whom you ask. Millen is an abysmal judge of talent - he has one starter on his team (that I know of - Jon Scott) who was drafted by him in any round later than the third. And the dude has had, what, seven drafts now? Not good. If you want to argue that it doesn't matter when you pick 'em, as long as you do pick 'em, then you have to look at the long and undistinguished list of picks from rounds one through three who are low-quality or did not make the cut...Mike Williams...Teddy Lehman...Charles Rogers...Boss Bailey...Joey Harrington...Kalimba Edwards...Andre Goodman....

As a Packer fan, Matt Millen is my favorite Lion.

I agree that Millan has been a terrible judge of talent when it comes to drafting.

I really enjoyed Millan when he was in the annoucer's booth. That is where he belongs rather than in the GM's office.

Merlin
12-18-2007, 09:29 PM

True true, there were a select few who even had the packers at .500... I think woody Paige crowned us NFC north champs, but he loves Favre so I thought it was kind of biased... haha

But on your other comment, in 2005 when the packers were 4-12, no one cared about our injuries... AG, Davenport, Walker all out for season... They just looked at us as a "bad team"... When the packers lost to the cowboys, they didn't care that woodson and KGB were out... It was still a L for the packers... Now since the tables are turned, I don't care who is injured on anyones team because in the end, no one gives a rats ass... All they care about is the W/L column...

With one notable difference:

The Colts. All the media can do is trip all over itself saying how sorry they feel for Peyton Manning now that he doesn't have an all star cast around him. His stats are average with average nfl talent around him. Wow, now there is a shock, an over-hyped QB who can't put up stellar numbers without the best players around him. And the pro-bowl, MVP and Super Bowl MVP have anything to do with who meant the most to their team, right.