PDA

View Full Version : Winner and Losers - Week 15

MJZiggy
12-18-2007, 01:04 PM
Winners and Losers
Packers Vs Rams
by Deputy Nutz

Simple and sweet this week. The Packers went on the road to play an inferior team and came away...Read all about it here! (http://packerrats.com)

Carolina_Packer
12-18-2007, 02:20 PM
I think you could add the D-line in the first half to the list of losers against the Rams. They made some adjustments at the half, but looked overmatched against the St. Louis rushing attack. Jackson is one of the elite backs, but they were exposed.

MJZiggy
12-18-2007, 02:44 PM
I think Jon Ryan should be added to winners. One of the long snaps sailed on him and it's not the first time he's reeled one in and got it down in time.

woodbuck27
12-18-2007, 03:27 PM
I think Jon Ryan should be added to winners. One of the long snaps sailed on him and it's not the first time he's reeled one in and got it down in time.

CANADA Thanks YOU mj. :)

MJZiggy
12-18-2007, 03:30 PM
Well, Canada should be thanking Jon Ryan for representin.'

oregonpackfan
12-18-2007, 09:14 PM
I would place Brett Favre in both the "Winners" and "Losers" columns.

As a "Winner" he started the game completing his first 9 passes to 8 different receivers. Following the pattern he has displayed for much of this year, he was very effective in completing the short-range passes with a few mid-range passes. The Packers first 14 points came about because of Favre's excellent aerial attack.

As a "Loser" Favre threw two boneheaded long passes which were off target to well-covered receivers and resulted in interceptions. He also threw a long, incomplete pass to Driver on 3rd and 1 even though Driver was covered by two defenders. At the same time, Favre had a tight end open in the flat for a short pass. McCarthy gave him an earful, when Favre came to the sidelines.

I do support McCarthy calling for 2-3 long passes a game to keep the secondary from keying on the short pass. If the receivers are covered, Favre needs to just throw the ball away to prevent an interception.

HarveyWallbangers
12-18-2007, 09:19 PM
I really didn't have a problem with the picks. The first one was late in the half, we were on the edge of FG range. Sure, I wish he hadn't thrown it, but I don't mind him being agressive there. The second one was similar. We were up big. It was pretty much meaningless, but would have put a dagger in the Rams. McCarthy admitted he was looking for the home run there. Seriously, QBs will throw picks, but the ones that are 40 yards down the field in a game you lead by 16 points points or whatever late. Big deal. Worst thing: it's like a punt on an earlier down. Best thing: 7 more points to put the game out of reach. I think people get too bent out of shape over an occasional pick. An occasional pick will trying for the home run isn't a terrible thing all of the time.

The only interceptions I've had a big problem with all year were: 1) the pick by Urlacher (should have thrown the ball away) and 2) just about every pass in the Dallas game.

b bulldog
12-18-2007, 09:22 PM
The redskins game we should have lost but Taylor couldn't catch anything. That game Brett was also pretty bad, I'd add that game to the very short list.

Deputy Nutz
12-18-2007, 09:44 PM
I had a problem with the first pick because it was a bad read and he just threw the ball up when pressure got in his face. He did everything wrong in that situation.

The second pick was thrown just to far inside and it brought the safety into play. It hits the outside of Jennings shoulder and it is a touchdown.

b bulldog
12-18-2007, 09:54 PM
Agree but all elite QB's get a pass when they make a throw that would be a very tough pass to catch but if a Wr gets a fingertip on the ball, that WR should have caught that ball. There seems to be a double standard that all the elite QB's get.

RashanGary
12-19-2007, 08:10 AM
Very true, bulldog. I have a problem when people start blaming Jennings. I havn't seen a player adjust so naturally to a deep ball as Jennings. He doens't slow down. He doesn't waste steps. He gets under the ball effortlessly and catches it. If he misses it or doesn't get to it, it's not because of his route. It's because of the throw.

b bulldog
12-19-2007, 10:01 PM
Moss is the best ever at adjusting to the deep ball but 85 is darn good.