PDA

View Full Version : Would we be willing to............??????

gbpackfan
05-17-2006, 04:59 PM
sign James Hall, DE from the Lions?

__________________________________________________ ____________________

LIONS WHO ROARED REVEALED

Tom Kowalski of mlive.com confirms reports from WXYT-AM that Marcus Bell and James Hall are two of the Lions who recently blew the whistle regarding CBA violations occurring at the first official minicamp under new coach Rod Marinelli. WXYT also reports that Shaun Rogers was one of the players who complained, but Kowalski says that Rogers didn't.

All three players are defensive linemen.

Bell is under contract through 2007 and Hall is signed through 2008. Whether either of them make it that long remains to be seen.

__________________________________________________ ____________________

I know, I know! The story paints a bad picture of the guy. But there are always two sides to every story and I have never heard anything bad about this guy before (anyone?). Didn't Denny Green cut a good linemen a year or two ago because he filed a complaint against him? Anyway, the Packers are in need of productive DE depth and Hall might fit the bill. Here are his numbers:

2003 - 59 Tackles, 4.5 Sacks
2004 - 48 T, 11.5 S, 1 int.
2005 - 59 T, 5 S

16.5 sacks over the past two seasons isn't AMAZING, but it isnt shabby either. If Detroit does cut him, should we take a look? Or is this the kind of guy we stay far, far away from?

Partial
05-17-2006, 05:31 PM
i'd pay shaun rodgers in a heartbeat

Joemailman
05-17-2006, 05:41 PM
If the Lions coaching staff violated the CBA, and some players reported it, why should that put them in a bad light? Coaches should have to abide by the agreement just as the players do. I'm sure the players won't be released because of this, because if they were, the union would likely file a grievance, and rightly so. If they are released, TT should have no hesitancy about signing them if he feels they would improve the Packers.

Patler
05-17-2006, 06:05 PM
If the Lions coaching staff violated the CBA, and some players reported it, why should that put them in a bad light? Coaches should have to abide by the agreement just as the players do. I'm sure the players won't be released because of this, because if they were, the union would likely file a grievance, and rightly so. If they are released, TT should have no hesitancy about signing them if he feels they would improve the Packers.

In the early years of the union, agreeing to be the team rep meant you had until the end of your contract, if that, and then you had to look for a new team. For a few years it was outrageously blatant, the team reps were not re-signed, or were cut after a year or two. Other teams would sign them, but not their original team. After SI (I think) did an article chronicaling each of the players, it changed, but not completely. The teams had a built in excuse of "wanting to get younger at the position," "needing to save cap space," etc.

HarveyWallbangers
05-17-2006, 06:07 PM
I can guarantee that they won't be cutting Rogers or Hall because of this. A borderline player like Bell maybe, but not two of their better starters.