PDA

View Full Version : Who controls this?

Patler
04-02-2006, 10:03 AM
I typed a message using the proper team name for the team in MN. When I posted it, the proper team name was changed to "queens". Why?

I do not post insulting or disrespectful messages, and I do not appreciate my content being changed to alter the tone of what I intend.

MJZiggy
04-02-2006, 10:05 AM
It was a joke set up when the forum was started. I would anticipate it being changed soon...

Scott Campbell
04-02-2006, 10:08 AM
Wow. A user has a susggestion for improvement. It gets immediately acted upon. What a concept. I love this place.

MJZiggy
04-02-2006, 10:09 AM
Don't get too excited about it, Scott. I'm not in control of changing it, but I can use my wiles to influence Mad if need be.

Patler
04-02-2006, 10:12 AM
It was a joke set up when the forum was started. I would anticipate it being changed soon...

So how many other "jokes" does this site have?
I find this EXTREMEY disconcerting because it drastically alters how I am perceived.

I have a feeling my time here will be short.

MJZiggy
04-02-2006, 10:15 AM
None that I know of. The webmaster just thought it would be funny if the names of the competing teams in the NFC North were changed. It changes no matter who types them, so I don't think I'd worry about how people perceive you because of it.

They may like their jokes, but you won't find better football knowledge or discussion anywhere.

Tarlam!
04-02-2006, 10:20 AM
[quote=MJZiggy]It was a joke set up when the forum was started.

Do you know the history of this site Irishman?

This is a place where you will be able to post what you want, but the admin has a sense of humor when it comes to the other teams in the NFC North, so he set an edit button. Try posting any other team in that division and see what you get.

If you don't intend on staying, that's your deal, but this is the funniest Packer forum you'll find.

Harlan Huckleby
04-02-2006, 10:22 AM
oh for God's sake!

it's just a stupid joke. i agree, the joke is now tired and should be gotten rid of, but a little perspective.

Bretsky
04-02-2006, 10:30 AM

So how many other "jokes" does this site have?
I find this EXTREMEY disconcerting because it drastically alters how I am perceived.

You should have thick skin to be in these forums; if you don't you'll be frustrated and you are right in that your time will be short. We welcome all including you but there are constantly a lot of jokes going around in here and it's not personal.

Patler
04-02-2006, 10:33 AM
Well it makes me look like something I'm not, a person who insults other fans and teams.

Ha, ha ha! Boy is that funny! Ha, ha, ha!

NO ONE has the right to change the views I express, to make them party of THEIR perspective.

Patler
04-02-2006, 10:35 AM
I have a plenty thick enough skin to have my views challenged, questioned, disagreed with. BUT NOT CHANGED!

Tarlam!
04-02-2006, 10:39 AM
Nobody changed your views. Your views are intact.

This is now becoming a mundane disussion. Nobody is offened, but you. 106 members, and ONE is offended.

Fosco33
04-02-2006, 10:40 AM
I have a plenty thick enough skin to have my views challenged, questioned, disagreed with. BUT NOT CHANGED!

I'm sure that will be addressed in some fashion.

And, the reason this forum was created was to limit the changing of words - at the previous site (God rest its soul) - you couldn't swear or even say psuedo swears. Just type V1kings for now.

Harlan Huckleby
04-02-2006, 10:42 AM

This is now becoming a mundane disussion. Nobody is offened, but you. 106 members, and ONE is offended.

actually, rastak is a little pissed at it too.

look, lets forget about it.

Scott Campbell
04-02-2006, 10:45 AM

I think your reaction to this situation will do far more to alter peoples perception of you.

Harlan Huckleby
04-02-2006, 10:45 AM
And, the reason this forum was created was to limit the changing of words - at the previous site (God rest its soul) - you couldn't swear or even say psuedo swears. Just type V1kings for now.

This is why it was a joke, it was making fun of the old policy of changing words at CE, as if "V1king" was a sort of swear word.

But new posters here won't get that part of the joke.

and maybe it was a stupid joke to begin with. we'll get rid of it.

please, lets not have hard feelings over this stupid joke!

Harlan Huckleby
04-02-2006, 10:46 AM
I think your reaction to this situation will do far more to alter peoples perception of you.

No more piling on. Lets not drive a guy out over a little difference in perception of a joke.

HarveyWallbangers
04-02-2006, 11:04 AM
I agree with shamrock on this one--although I probably wouldn't have went to the "my time here will likely be short" card right away. I would have asked why it changed though.

I don't like it changing either--especially when I'm copying and pasting an article from ESPN or something.

MJZiggy
04-02-2006, 11:12 AM
I agree with shamrock on this one--although I probably wouldn't have went to the "my time here will likely be short" card right away. I would have asked why it changed though.

I don't like it changing either--especially when I'm copying and pasting an article from ESPN or something....it FIBs resemblance to...

(made me laugh).

Patler
04-02-2006, 11:17 AM

Well, I think it is disrespectfull to make fun of other people, other teams, other fans. I've never understood why fans think that is appropriate. Or using derogatory terms to refer to coaches and GMs. I do not want others to associate me with that kind of thinking. However, it seems most on here think that I am narrow-minded in that regard.

If you want to have a poor opinion of me for trying to be a respectful person, so be it.

Scott Campbell
04-02-2006, 11:20 AM
If you want to have a poor opinion of me for trying to be a respectful person, so be it.

I never said anything about my opinion of you. At this point, I haven't read enough to form one.

Scott Campbell
04-02-2006, 11:22 AM
Well, I think it is disrespectfull to make fun of other people, other teams, other fans.

I have to agree here. In particular, I find it offensive the way some guys seem to go after the Bear$ and their fans. I ask you, what have they ever done to deserve our ire?

Those fine people of Chicago should be lauded for their terrific support of that stalwart of the NFL - Da Chicago Bear$.

Scott Campbell
04-02-2006, 11:25 AM
LOL

It just happened to me. Good one Mad!

woodbuck27
04-02-2006, 12:02 PM

I'm sure that will be addressed in some fashion.

shamrockfan isn't just "only one" he has every right to be offended as a member here.

His view is well taken and agree or disagree with it, his view should be given merit /respected.

I have never been one to go rah rah over any manner of a bullying attitude and the mere suggestion that he is "only one" is arrogance and an unacceptable attitude. It's been my experience that that "only one" grows and a REAL problem manifests.

shamrockfan doesn't refer to the V1kings as Queens. Neither do I.Actually I would suggest if you do that you are opening the book to censorship (revision)of many curse and swear words and then - lets get that list.

For now shamrockfan I would suggest that you go with Fosco33's suggestion.

Viking (that will be Queen) = V1king :mrgreen:

woodbuck27
04-02-2006, 12:21 PM
"Well, I think it is disrespectfull to make fun of other people, other teams, other fans. I've never understood why fans think that is appropriate. Or using derogatory terms to refer to coaches and GMs. I do not want others to associate me with that kind of thinking. However, it seems most on here think that I am narrow-minded in that regard.

If you want to have a poor opinion of me for trying to be a respectful person, so be it." shamrockfan

This may be the toughest lesson you will ever learn because some people live, to try to get under anothers skin. This advice will be possibly misunderstood by you too as I'm just guessing that you may have an Irish connection but here goes.

Straight up. Sometimes you will be best served shamrockfan, ignoring certain posts and the likes of certain posters. Now if your Irish that collection of impulse factor may be too great and you may just want to smash em with your words, and that's OK too, LOL. Nothing wrong or weird about you standing on a principle maan.

Harlan Huckleby
04-02-2006, 12:25 PM
woodbuck, your moose has menacing eyes and is creating a hostile posting environment.

Scott Campbell
04-02-2006, 12:26 PM
I have never been one to go rah rah over any manner of a bullying attitude and the mere suggestion that he is "only one" is arrogance and an unacceptable attitude.

I didn't get any sense of a bullying attitude or arrogance from any of these posts. I think shamrockfan's concern is receiving thoughtful and immediate consideration by those in charge, and I'm impressed by the level of responsiveness displayed thus far.

Scott Campbell
04-02-2006, 12:30 PM
Straight up. Sometimes you will be best served shamrockfan, ignoring certain posts and the likes of certain posters.

Agreed. This is particularly true if you're hypersensitive, and you tend to cry easily. But I won't mention any names.

Harlan Huckleby
04-02-2006, 12:31 PM
OK, lets head this off. Woody, Scott, return to your corners.

woodbuck27
04-02-2006, 12:34 PM
woodbuck, your moose has menacing eyes and is creating a hostile posting environment.

Yup ! That's a smashmouth 'Canadian moose' allright . He's bad !

V1king .

End of story.

woodbuck27
04-02-2006, 12:39 PM
OK, lets head this off. Woody, Scott, return to your corners.

I wouldn't sign a contract to get in the ring with such a lightweight Harlan.

Classless,clueless ends up shoeless.

MJZiggy
04-02-2006, 12:43 PM
Hey, guys!! Why not pop over to the Romper Room for a minute and vote on a name for our new he-man rat mascot. Tough rat's gotta have a tough name!

HarveyWallbangers
04-02-2006, 12:44 PM
And toothless.

Scott Campbell
04-02-2006, 12:45 PM
Hey, guys!! Why not pop over to the Romper Room for a minute and vote on a name for our new he-man rat mascot. Tough rat's gotta have a tough name!

Hehe......see, you just can't buy this kind of entertainment anyplace else.

Rastak
04-02-2006, 01:46 PM

Make that 2 Tarlem. I always try and refrain from the name calling either here or on V1king boards....I'd never setup a V1king board that would change Packers to Fudgies.

Scott Campbell
04-02-2006, 01:48 PM
LOL

Yeah, but you might be tempted.

MadtownPacker
04-02-2006, 02:12 PM
To those who complained:

I have removed the word changes for the NFC North team. There are now NO words that are blocked.

I'd never be on a VIQUEENS board in the first place. :mrgreen:

Deputy Nutz
04-02-2006, 04:34 PM
Fuck, I would have banned these winers, can't have your cake and eat it to.

Babies.

Homer Jay
04-02-2006, 04:38 PM
Yup, thats the way to get new posters. You don't like the way we do things, well fuck you, you are banned!! Gosh this will be such a great board with direction like that.

Deputy Nutz
04-02-2006, 04:51 PM
You dumb bastards, actually think it is about new posters. Ha, its about our ego to crush JSO, and to have a forum that we want. You don't like it leave nobody is holding you here. Come and enjoy, otherwise bite your tongue for a couple of weeks before we can straighten some thing out..

MadtownPacker
04-02-2006, 05:01 PM
I removed them because there is no censorship here and the author of this thread made a valid point. It was the right thing to do. With that said Nutz has the right to say what he wants as do you. No one has been banned.

Scott Campbell
04-02-2006, 05:05 PM
What the hell is the world coming to when Mad becomes the voice of reason?

:D

MJZiggy
04-02-2006, 05:06 PM
:shock:

BooHoo
04-02-2006, 08:53 PM
"However, it seems most on here think that I am narrow-minded in that regard."

I do not think you are narrow minded. Glad you are here and welcome to the site.