PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 Reasons Why Cowboys Will Lose One More Game

Fosco33
12-20-2007, 10:24 PM
1. Romo is a WI born and Packer bred QB. If you were in the same position, you know you'd love to accidentally give it away :oops: - to see your favorite team get HFA. Then - if you go to the NFC Championship - you get to play at Lambeau for a chance at it all. That would be sweet. :lol:

2. Remember all the Favre-Romo comparisons - well add another - a hurt thumb and a guy playing through pain :tup:

3. Both CAR and WAS are still alive in the playoff hunt :duel:

4. Both are road games

5. DAL has history of poor performance in Dec-Jan regular season games since '96 (last time they won a playoff game) and are 16-29 in those games since then

6. Jessica Simpson = Romeo :rs:

7. T.O. = terrible opinions

8. Williams and a horse collar :beat:

9. WAS only lost to the Pack by 3 points back in October by a big play (Charles Woodson's 57 yard TD) :shock:

10. God loves the Packers
:knll:

Bretsky
12-20-2007, 10:33 PM
I think Dallas will lose in Washington

but

I'm worried about the Bears game Sunday

esoxx
12-20-2007, 10:41 PM

Two words:

Kyle Orton

esoxx
12-20-2007, 10:44 PM
I think the main reason why the Cowboys are going to lose another game is Romo's bruised thumb. He has smaller hands than most QB's and this is going to cause problems for him. It was a big reason for his bad play last Sunday, IMO.

If I were a Cowboys fan, I would be grippin'.

BF4MVP
12-20-2007, 10:45 PM
I will admit there is a small chance for an upset in Chicago because they'll be playing for pride, but truth be told they're just not a good team, and we are..Plus Favre owns Soldier Field..I'm predicting a laugher..

Fosco33
12-20-2007, 10:51 PM
Comparison 1 vs. Comparison 2 Stat/Rank Stat/Rank

Green Bay's Overall Scoring vs Chicago's Overall Defense 28.1 4 22.6 18
Green Bay's Road Passing vs Chicago's Home Defense 306.1 1 227.2 22
Green Bay's Road Rushing vs Chicago's Home Defense 84.0 25 157.3 31
Chicago's Overall Scoring vs Green Bay's Overall Defense 19.0 22 17.4 6
Chicago's Home Passing vs Green Bay's Road Passing Defense 213.0 17 224.6 21
Chicago's Home Rushing vs Green Bay's Road Rushing Defense 86.3 28 115.7 19

Fosco33
12-20-2007, 10:51 PM
I think the main reason why the Cowboys are going to lose another game is Romo's bruised thumb. He has smaller hands than most QB's and this is going to cause problems for him. It was a big reason for his bad play last Sunday, IMO.

If I were a Cowboys fan, I would be grippin'.

I've heard something about guy's with small hands - suppose Jessica knows. :lol:

Fosco33
12-20-2007, 10:52 PM

Two words:

Kyle Orton

I watched Orton beat the Packers on Christmas in Lambeau in '05 though. Totally different teams and situations but he's not terrible.

BF4MVP
12-20-2007, 10:58 PM

Two words:

Kyle Orton

I watched Orton beat the Packers on Christmas in Lambeau in '05 though. Totally different teams and situations but he's not terrible.
Oh yes he is..That '05 team won in spite of how horrible Orton was (on the strength of a good rushing game and great defense)..He is an awful QB..

(That's not to say it's impossible that he has a good game this week, but he's not good.)

BF4MVP
12-20-2007, 11:00 PM
I think the main reason why the Cowboys are going to lose another game is Romo's bruised thumb.
Well since people keep saying Romo is the "next Favre," the thumb shouldn't cause any problems..Favre led the league in touchdown passes despite a broken thumb in '03, so that must mean the "next Favre's" bruised thumb is nothing.

BF4MVP
12-20-2007, 11:01 PM
PS I hope you're right about the 'Boys losing one more game..I think it will happen too.

Jimx29
12-20-2007, 11:12 PM
Just look back to late last year and how Romo crapped his pants in the "big" games.
He's still wet behind the ears and I suspect his behavior will repeat itself. Already has begun actually

BallHawk
12-20-2007, 11:39 PM

but

Agreed. This Bears game is ripe for an upset. We're worrying about the Cowboys and the Bears could very well beat us.

esoxx
12-20-2007, 11:50 PM

Two words:

Kyle Orton

That was Grossman at QB on Christmas in '05. Did you happen to see the game last Monday night? Orton was god-awful.

Bad, bad QB.

esoxx
12-20-2007, 11:51 PM

but

Agreed. This Bears game is ripe for an upset. We're worrying about the Cowboys and the Bears could very well beat us.

Two words:

Kyle Orton

Lurker64
12-20-2007, 11:54 PM

Who we're worried about really doesn't matter. I don't doubt that this team is focused on beating the Bears this week, and it's who they're worried about that matters. This team doesn't really have any reason to worry about the Cowboys for another month or so.

Fosco33
12-21-2007, 12:14 AM

Two words:

Kyle Orton

That was Grossman at QB on Christmas in '05. Did you happen to see the game last Monday night? Orton was god-awful.

Bad, bad QB.

Yeah - my bad. I wanted to forget that one anyways...

Orton did beat the Packers that year in Dec (12/4) but he was only 6 of 17 for 68 yards. Still - it happened.

MJZiggy
12-21-2007, 12:31 AM

Why do we keep saying that? Every week someone's gonna beat us. You think the Packers are gonna let the Bears beat them TWICE??? It's not like they don't know this Bear team. Everyone knows last game against them was a fluke. Now's the chance to wipe the field with them and prove it.

FritzDontBlitz
12-21-2007, 12:52 AM
With the exception of the 2005 season when Lovie swept the Favre-led Packers; every year the Bears have won at Lambeau it has been the first meeting between the two teams, it has always been within the first month of the season and Green Bay has annihilated them in the rematch.

If the Packers didn't sweep the series, of course. 8-)

PaCkFan_n_MD
12-21-2007, 07:34 AM

Two words:

Kyle Orton

Exactly, if are worried about this game then we don't belong in the playoffs.

Badgerinmaine
12-21-2007, 08:19 AM
Two words:

Kyle Orton
Fair enough, but then I'll offer three: "intense division rivalry".

Fosco33
12-21-2007, 03:21 PM
Thought there be someone who would challenge Romo's integrity question I posed....

What would you do?

I'm the same age as Romo, grew up near his hometown. If I were in his shoe's - I'd love to play the Packers at Lambeau in front of hometown fans and against Favre. Not saying I'd throw the game away - but giving Favre a shot at a ring and Superbowl MVP wouldn't be a bad thing :lol:

Cheesehead Craig
12-21-2007, 03:25 PM
Thought there be someone who would challenge Romo's integrity question I posed....

What would you do?

I'm the same age as Romo, grew up near his hometown. If I were in his shoe's - I'd love to play the Packers at Lambeau in front of hometown fans and against Favre. Not saying I'd throw the game away - but giving Favre a shot at a ring and Superbowl MVP wouldn't be a bad thing :lol:
Where you from Fosco? I think you told me once, but I forgot.

Fosco33
12-21-2007, 03:35 PM

What would you do?

Where you from Fosco? I think you told me once, but I forgot.

Well - it's not that close to burlington... but I grew up in Germantown (North side of Milwaukee Co.). Now I live in SoCal but probably going back to MKE sometime next year.

MOBB DEEP
12-21-2007, 09:08 PM
is urlacker playing sunday?

MOBB DEEP
12-23-2007, 02:16 PM
does it matter?

Fosco33
12-23-2007, 02:43 PM
It won't matter who wins for GB or DAL next week.

But, I think a somewhat injured Romo/TO and Favre/Dline could use the extra rest.

I hope they lose their first game and we still get HFA by default.

After watching today's game, a dome weather game would be nice.

b bulldog
12-24-2007, 09:14 AM
:oops: