PDA

View Full Version : ESPN on NFL QB's- Must read!!

CaliforniaCheez
12-21-2007, 07:36 PM
You have to appreciate Brett and this season more after reading this article and seeing the caption and photo with Greg Jennings.

Cutting and pasting will not do it justice. See it yourself.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/071221

Fosco33
12-21-2007, 07:43 PM
Only one under 'The Legend'

How cool would it be to beat the Pats again in a Superbowl like they did over a decade ago?

Miracle on Ice
Nicholas
Favre

That'd be so damn sweet!

RashanGary
12-21-2007, 07:52 PM
Can't they make baggier spandex pants? To quote rookie from 107.5, "There are bulges where I don't want to see bulges on some of these players."

MJZiggy
12-21-2007, 08:03 PM
If they're trying to attract more women viewers, that's one way to do it... :lol:

Fantastic piece, by the way, all the way through.

MOBB DEEP
12-21-2007, 09:06 PM
who da heck is lookn down there anyway...?

MJZiggy
12-21-2007, 09:08 PM
The women. And, evidently, JH... :?

packinpatland
12-21-2007, 09:18 PM
Stupid question ....., I have three daughters, two played every sport available to them, so I know about sports bras, spandex shorts etc...........but when it comes to the guys..........when did they stop wearing cups??? :oops:

oregonpackfan
12-21-2007, 09:54 PM
It is amazing to realize that 60 different quarterbacks have started for different NFL teams this year!

MJZiggy
12-21-2007, 10:33 PM
Stupid question ....., I have three daughters, two played every sport available to them, so I know about sports bras, spandex shorts etc...........but when it comes to the guys..........when did they stop wearing cups??? :oops:

I don't think the boys can handle this discussion...but I've heard they think they're faster without it, though if I had parts like that I think I'd sacrifice a bit of speed to protect them, but that's just me...

Rastak
12-21-2007, 10:44 PM

I don't think the boys can handle this discussion...but I've heard they think they're faster without it, though if I had parts like that I think I'd sacrifice a bit of speed to protect them, but that's just me...

When I was playing pee wee football I came running off the field after a play clutching the family jewels. My dad was on the side lines and asked "what happened?"...I said in a real loud voice...."I got kicked in the nuts"... he looked embarressed and said "I told you to wear a cup". To this day I'm not sure why he had that look, I think there were a bunch of mothers within earshot and I was paying ZERO attention to that.

This was back when Starsky and Hutch was a top TV show.

BF4MVP
12-21-2007, 11:24 PM
Nice article. I enjoyed reading it.

Badgerinmaine
12-23-2007, 04:48 AM
I enjoyed the article, too--Simmons writes well, and since he's a Boston writer, I can see exactly what he means about the Patriots potentially playing the Packers.

I don't know if I buy his thesis completely, though. 60 is less than 2 per team--is that really a lot more than in other years? Plus, you could pick almost any era of NFL history from my childhood on with some mediocre starting QBs--Kent Nix? Eric Hipple? Todd Blackledge? (great college QB and good commentator, but a bad QB in KC) Tim Couch?Ryan Leaf? Pick your era and I'll pick your poison. Heck, just think of the guys the Bears alone have tried over the years (Bob Avellini, Gary Huff, Vince Evans...).