PDA

View Full Version : Vegas odds: Who will win 06/07 Offensive Rookie of the Year?

GrnBay007
05-17-2006, 10:50 PM
Reggie Bush 2-1
Joseph Addai 5-1
LenDale White 5-1
Santonio Holmes 5-1
Laurence Maroney 7-1
Greg Jennings 12-1
Jason Avant 12-1
Vernon Davis 20-1
Maurice Drew 22-1
DeAngelo Williams 25-1
Mercedes Lewis 25-1
Joe Klopfenstein 25-1
Vince Young 25-1
Matt Leinart 30-1
Derek Hagan 30-1
Brian Calhoun 35-1
Jerious Norwood 35-1
PJ Daniels 35-1
Leon Washington 35-1
Jerome Harrison 35-1
Wali Lundy 35-1
Quinton Ganther 35-1
Cedric Humes 35-1
Jeremy Bloom 40-1
Sinorice Moss 40-1
D Brickashaw Ferguson 50-1
Jay Cutler 50-1
Devin Hester 50-1
Chad Jackson 50-1
Willie Reid 50-1
Maurice Stovall 50-1
Brandon Williams 50-1
Travis Wilson 50-1

Not bad at all Mr. Jennings!!

Scott Campbell
05-17-2006, 11:02 PM
He finished ahead of VD.

MJZiggy
05-18-2006, 06:54 AM
Look at LenDale's odds compared to where he was drafted.

GBRulz
05-18-2006, 09:01 AM
Leinart's odds kinda shocked me. Unless they plan on going with Warner as their starter this year and slowly groom in Leinart.

jack's smirking revenge
05-18-2006, 09:18 AM
I'm surprised that Jennings is even ON the list (and doubly impressed that he ranks 12-1 odds). Speaks volumes about what others outside of the Packer circle think of him. Sure, its just Vegas, but impressive nonetheless. Very interesting...

tyler

Guiness
05-18-2006, 09:22 AM
With those odds, my money is on VD. Big time.

Remember, it's not just the player, it's the team, and how involved a rookie will be. And Smith is going to be looking to VD constantly. That's also why Addai is so high - if he catches on, he'll probably be the feature back right out of camp.

White is interesting - is Chris Brown hurt again?

Leinart is long odds because Warner will likely start the season, even if he comes in later, so he'll have ground to make up to put up some numbers.

More interesting than Jennings being ahead of VD, is him being ahead of Chad Jackson and S. Moss. Anyone want to speculate why they're so far down the list?

The Leaper
05-18-2006, 09:41 AM
The Patriots have a lot of decent receivers in front of Jackson, so it is unlikely he is going to make a major splash THIS season. I think the consensus is that the Patriots will look to break him in slowly, especially since he is similar in situation to Javon Walker coming out of college...great athletic talent, but raw fundamentals. Moss is a intriguing rookie candidate...smaller WRs tend to need time to develop in the NFL, although in the right situation they can do well. Terry Glenn proved that...but I really don't think Moss is near the receiver Glenn was coming out of college.

Honestly, I would put my money on Santonio Holmes. Bush is the obvious pick, but you don't get much of a return on 2-1. Holmes is a very solid receiver with plenty of experience...and he's going to a good place in Pittsburgh, with a great supporting cast and solid QB.

Vernon Davis isn't going to amount to much this year IMO...Alex Smith is still a couple years away, and the 49ers need other capable playmakers at receiver around him. Opposing teams are going to concentrate on containing Davis, making it very hard for him to post numbers that will entertain ROY votes.

billy_oliver880
05-18-2006, 10:13 AM
More interesting than Jennings being ahead of VD, is him being ahead of Chad Jackson and S. Moss. Anyone want to speculate why they're so far down the list?

Who ever set these odd up are guessing that he is going to play a bigger role in the packer offense then jackson or moss with play with their offences. I mean we do have him projected to be the # 3 reciever right now.

jack's smirking revenge
05-18-2006, 10:22 AM

Who ever set these odd up are guessing that he is going to play a bigger role in the packer offense then jackson or moss with play with their offences. I mean we do have him projected to be the # 3 reciever right now.

That's why I'm so surprised by the odds. I don't even see him playing that big of a role this year. If he does, I will be pleasantly giddy, but for Jennings to jump in and even be in the RUNNING for rookie of the year (according to the oddsmakers) is cool.

tyler

Rastak
05-18-2006, 10:26 AM

Exactly. GB is very thin at WR (IMHO) and they'll be throwing his way quite often.

billy_oliver880
05-18-2006, 10:32 AM

That's why I'm so surprised by the odds. I don't even see him playing that big of a role this year. If he does, I will be pleasantly giddy, but for Jennings to jump in and even be in the RUNNING for rookie of the year (according to the oddsmakers) is cool.

tyler

Perhaps that odds maker is drinking some of that green koolaid? :mrgreen:

billy_oliver880
05-18-2006, 10:33 AM

Exactly. GB is very thin at WR (IMHO) and they'll be throwing his way quite often.

If Favre can develop trust in the kid he will throw to him and throw to him often.

RashanGary
05-18-2006, 10:45 AM
By seasons end, Jennings will be contributing on offense assuming he stays healthy. He's got great hands and runs great routes for a rookie. The offense is starting over from scratch so he'll be right with everyone else as far as knowing the terminology. He has an oppertunity to shine right away. I doubt he'll beat out Bush though. Bush is going to get every oppertunity to shine. He's getting like 9 mil per year. He better.

It should go Driver, Fergi, Jennings. If Ferg doesn't turn it on by the mid point of the season we could start seeing a lot more of Jennings. I think Boerigter is just a guy and my opinion is that Gardner is in horrible shape and will never amount to anything. People here are so high on him and I have no idea why.

Noodle
05-18-2006, 10:45 AM
I like the Jennings pick, but it's tough for a rookie WR to make a big splash. (One of the reasons I get tired of the "Walker had only one good year" line -- he had a typically quiet rookie year, led the Pack in receiving yardage his second, then exploded his third, before getting hurt his fourth -- but I digress).

In the forty years they've been giving the award, WRs have only won it six times, and in the last ten or so years, WRs have won only twice (Moss and Boldin). RBs are by far the most likely to win.

So, if Momma needs a new pair of shoes, put your money on Bush. Unless that hammy stays tight.

jack's smirking revenge
05-18-2006, 10:48 AM
I think Boerigter is just a guy and my opinion is that Gardner is in horrible shape and will never amount to anything. People here are so high on him and I have no idea why.

Nick, I'm curious if you know something about Gardner that the rest of us don't. I'm excited about the guy, but don't know how he's progressing as a Packer. Anyone heard anything? For you to say he's in horrible shape deflates my excitement about him, but I'd like to know what you know.

He's a relatively young receiver with experience and a fresh start--the perfect recipe for the Packers. If he's got health issues or other problems, I'm interested in hearing about them. He didn't have health issues in Carolina (as far as I know it was all attitude).

tyler

billy_oliver880
05-18-2006, 11:05 AM
I think Boerigter is just a guy and my opinion is that Gardner is in horrible shape and will never amount to anything. People here are so high on him and I have no idea why.

Nick, I'm curious if you know something about Gardner that the rest of us don't. I'm excited about the guy, but don't know how he's progressing as a Packer. Anyone heard anything? For you to say he's in horrible shape deflates my excitement about him, but I'd like to know what you know.

He's a relatively young receiver with experience and a fresh start--the perfect recipe for the Packers. If he's got health issues or other problems, I'm interested in hearing about them. He didn't have health issues in Carolina (as far as I know it was all attitude).

tyler

I was wondering the same thing. Where is this info coming from?

mraynrand
05-18-2006, 11:36 AM
These odds are based on perception of environment, opportunity and NFL-ready talent. Green Bay looks like a good bet to use Jennings in a solid, safe, west coast offense, where Brett Favre will be throwing him some TD passes. If you like ihs chances, you ought to throw a few bills at this bet. 12-1 is pretty good.

I liked the 100-1 odds (well the potential return anyway) against the Packers winning it all in 2006 that I convinced my wife to put 1,000 bucks on the Packers. I told her I'd just waste it on cigars, beer, and women anyway, and she agreed it was a good bet. The only question is what we'll do with the 100,000 (50,000 after taxes) when the Packers win SB XLI....

MadtownPacker
05-18-2006, 11:37 AM
Gardner had the ability to be a gamebreaker. Dont know if he still does but I have high hopes for him.

Cool that Jennings, who is my fav pick of this draft, is expected to do something. I think he wont disappoint.

mngolf19
05-18-2006, 11:48 AM
Short of an injury, Jennings should put up some decent numbers for the Packers this year. Driver is going to get doubled and tripled, Ferg won't stay healthy as he will be forced to catch some over the middle, and there is nothing else. This leaves Jennings a great opportunity to pull in some respectable numbers as a rookie. Not so much a function of his talent, but of the system, necessity, and lack other options.

RashanGary
05-18-2006, 02:02 PM
You can see his body fat is high. Guys with low body fat have extreme muscle definition. You can see that his arms are fatty. Not compared to us but compared ot Walker/Driver/Ferg.

WR is a position that all weight has to be functional weight. If you're carrying an extra 5 or 10 lbs of fat, it will really hurt you.

I look at Garnders body and I see out of shape. It is just my perception though.

RashanGary
05-18-2006, 02:05 PM
I think the best bet is the 6.5 over under on how many games GB will win. Knowing what I know, I think the Packers will break that and win 7 or more. I think I'm going to drop 100 or 2 on the Packers to break 6.5.

RashanGary
05-18-2006, 02:11 PM
I heard on packerchatters that 6.5 is the over/under. I'm definitely going to drop 100 on it. It will make the games so much more interesting.

I love football as it is, but putting 100 bucks on your favorite team has got to make it more intense.

6-10 seems like a really bad record. I have to think they're better than that with that easy schedule.

falco
05-18-2006, 06:54 PM
I look at Garnders body and I see out of shape. It is just my perception though.

Thank god.

MadtownPacker
05-18-2006, 08:39 PM
I look at Garnders body and I see out of shape. It is just my perception though.You also perceive yourself as a gift to woman so I think Gardener will be fine. :mrgreen:

GBRulz
05-18-2006, 08:44 PM
LMAO !!!

Rastak
05-18-2006, 08:50 PM
I liked the 100-1 odds (well the potential return anyway) against the Packers winning it all in 2006 that I convinced my wife to put 1,000 bucks on the Packers. I told her I'd just waste it on cigars, beer, and women anyway, and she agreed it was a good bet. The only question is what we'll do with the 100,000 (50,000 after taxes) when the Packers win SB XLI....

Holy crap....do you also light your cigars with $20 bills? Yikes.

RashanGary
05-18-2006, 08:52 PM
LMAO !!!

You know you want it :razz:

mraynrand
05-18-2006, 09:41 PM

Holy crap....do you also light your cigars with $20 bills? Yikes.

Think about it. I already gave up the 1,000. I don't miss it a bit. But if by some strange set of circumstances the Packers win the Superbowl, I'll be sitting on 50,000 bucks. Although I have to admit, if I'd had 50,000 riding on the outcome of SB XXXII, I'd probably be long dead of a heart attack....

GrnBay007
05-18-2006, 09:59 PM
I liked the 100-1 odds (well the potential return anyway) against the Packers winning it all in 2006

Mraynrand, I put some on it too! :D No where near the amount you did though.

At least the Packers were not at the very bottom.

2007 Super Bowl Odds

Indianapolis Colts
4-1

Pittsburgh Steelers
8-1

Denver Broncos
10-1

New England Patriots
10-1

San Diego Chargers
10-1

Seattle Seahawks
10-1

Carolina Panthers
14-1

Cincinnati Bengals
15-1

Kansas City Chiefs
15-1

Chicago Bears
20-1

Dallas Cowboys
22-1

New York Giants
22-1

Philadelphia Eagles
22-1

Washington Redskins
22-1

Atlanta Falcons
30-1

Jacksonville Jaguars
30-1

Minnesota Vikings
30-1

Tampa Bay Buccaneers
30-1

Miami Dolphins
35-1

Baltimore Ravens
40-1

Oakland Raiders
50-1

St Louis Rams
60-1

Arizona Cardinals
75-1

Detroit Lions
75-1

Buffalo Bills
100-1

Cleveland Browns
100-1

Green Bay Packers
100-1

Houston Texans
100-1

New York Jets
100-1

Tennessee Titans
100-1

New Orleans Saints
200-1

San Francisco 49ers
200-1

Tarlam!
05-19-2006, 02:22 AM
If the injury Gods punish the other teams like they punished our heroes last year and spare us, then, I'd say we go deep into the playoffs.

Think about it, our team gels early and stays healthy late. Brett Favre sips from the fountain of youth and rides off into the sunset MVP SB XLI.

My, it's early, but this green stuff I'm drinking sure tastes great!