PDA

View Full Version : Barnett-referee wrasslin match

Harlan Huckleby
12-23-2007, 04:10 PM
Did you notice the replay where Barnett mixed it up with the ref? Turns out the ref was living a fantasy moment as professional wrestler. That tubby, red-faced little troll got a headlock on Barnett from behind and made a dramatic takedown. In the end, Barnett pushed the little fat man away, but he wasn't even looking at him, I doubt Barnett knew it was a ref hanging on his neck.

This was a ref gone wild. If Barnett gets sanctioned for pushing a ref, I will be pissed.

cpk1994
12-23-2007, 04:11 PM
Did you notice the replay where Barnett mixed it up with the ref? Turns out the ref was living a fantasy moment as professional wrestler. That tubby, red-faced little troll got a headlock on Barnett from behind and made a dramatic takedown. In the end, Barnett pushed the little fat man away, but he wasn't even looking at him, I doubt Barnett knew it was a ref hanging on his neck.

This was a ref gone wild. If Barnett gets sanctioned for pushing a ref, I will be pissed.Barnett should get sanctioned by M3 by acting like a total ass. Barnett is lucky he wasn't ejected for his childlike behavior.

Harlan Huckleby
12-23-2007, 04:14 PM
Barnett was acting punky the whole game. But I didn't see him do anything wrong on that particular play, certainly not towards the ref.

RashanGary
12-23-2007, 04:15 PM
That was strange the way the guy pulled him down. HOpefully he doesn't get suspended.

Harlan Huckleby
12-23-2007, 04:15 PM
ref did a body slam. He must have been thinking of Charles Martin. I think the ref should have been ejected for taunting.

cpk1994
12-23-2007, 04:16 PM
Barnett was acting punky the whole game. But I didn't see him do anything wrong on that particular play, certainly not towards the ref.No he just got up and started swinging and shoving the first Bear he saw. And that was after he tried to drive the ball carrier into the ground after he was down.

Harlan Huckleby
12-23-2007, 04:18 PM
he just got up and started swinging

he would have been flagged for that.

I agree that he did give the running back a little extra something when the guy was on the ground.

cpk1994
12-23-2007, 04:38 PM

I agree that he did give the running back a little extra something when the guy was on the ground.Looking at it again, it was pushing and shoving and not really a swing. But he was doing a lot of pushing and shoving and was lucky the refs never flagged him.

packinpatland
12-23-2007, 05:02 PM
Just saw some highlights.............what was Sapp ejected for?

FritzDontBlitz
12-23-2007, 05:50 PM

I agree that he did give the running back a little extra something when the guy was on the ground.Looking at it again, it was pushing and shoving and not really a swing. But he was doing a lot of pushing and shoving and was lucky the refs never flagged him.

Funny how nobody notices the shit Bears center Olin Kreutz does to instigate all the shit that was going on. He's one of the dirtiest players in football.

cpk1994
12-23-2007, 05:56 PM

Funny how nobody notices the shit Bears center Olin Kreutz does to instigate all the shit that was going on. He's one of the dirtiest players in football.That may be true, but Barnett has to quit acting like a child who had his lunch money stolen.

FritzDontBlitz
12-23-2007, 06:01 PM

Funny how nobody notices the shit Bears center Olin Kreutz does to instigate all the shit that was going on. He's one of the dirtiest players in football.That may be true, but Barnett has to quit acting like a child who had his lunch money stolen.

Apparently you've never reacted in frustration about having a bad day.

I think we all need to stop acting like a bunch of fairweather Packer fans and falling apart after stuff like this. We are all venting in frustration and none of us even played in the game. Why does it surprise you if someone who played today gets a lil rattled after being taunted and shoved around by Bear players at the end?

cpk1994
12-23-2007, 06:05 PM

Apparently you've never reacted in frustration about having a bad day.

I think we all need to stop acting like a bunch of fairweather Packer fans and falling apart after stuff like this. We are all venting in frustration and none of us even played in the game. Why does it surprise you if someone who played today gets a lil rattled after being taunted and shoved around by Bear players at the end?A little bit rattled? That wasn't the first time he was pulled away from pushing and shoving. In fact he was pulled away from that crap several times. McCarthy should have pulled him at least once and tell him that crap like that will not be tolerated.

packinpatland
12-23-2007, 06:29 PM
Is this the reason his 'peers' didn't vote him to the ProBowl?

cpk1994
12-23-2007, 06:30 PM
Is this the reason his 'peers' didn't vote him to the ProBowl?Yes, some would say his behavior is a reason.

oregonpackfan
12-24-2007, 02:02 AM
I agree that as the defensive captain and a 5 year veteran, Barnett needs to keep his composure out on the field. It is one thing to play with an attitude but quite another to be emotionaly out of control.

Tarlam!
12-24-2007, 02:07 AM
Is this the reason his 'peers' didn't vote him to the ProBowl?Yes, some would say his behavior is a reason.

Well, before each game, he finds some one to hate and smack talks 'em up.* M3 loves it, but if that some one goes back and tells their entire locker room what a jerk #56 is, he isn't likely to get too many player/coach votes, I guess.

*The source is NB himself in a JSO interview about a month or so back.

b bulldog
12-24-2007, 09:23 AM
After watching what Urlacher has dopne the past few weeks, he should have gone. He is a toatl game changer on D. We have nobody like that.

motife
12-24-2007, 04:57 PM
http://www.packers.com/news/releases/2007/12/24/1/

McCarthy today on the Barnett/referee incident

(Did you see what happened with Barnett and the run-in with the official?)
I tell you what, I've never seen anything like that in all my years. I didn't see the whole thing, but I thought the official was totally out of line, the way he grabbed Nick around his neck and pulled him out of there. There was a lot going on throughout the game on both sides of the ball after the play was over. Their offensive line was getting after Nick there a bunch down the stretch, and that goes on in these type of games. I didn't see the whole thing, but I saw the end of it, and I thought it was totally unprofessional, I thought it was totally out of hand.

(Did you talk to Mike Pereira about it yet?)
Not yet.

Harlan Huckleby
12-24-2007, 10:25 PM
I tell you what, I've never seen anything like that in all my years. I didn't see the whole thing, but I thought the official was totally out of line, the way he grabbed Nick around his neck and pulled him out of there.

Right on! It's refreshing to hear a coach speak-up rather than just mumble something like "we have to play smarter." That puffy-faced ref was lucky he didn't get seriously injured. If nothing else, Barnett would have been justified in giving him an elbow in the kisser. That ref has watched way too much professional wrestling.