PDA

View Full Version : It's All My Fault

Joemailman
12-23-2007, 06:24 PM
I wasn't wearing Packer apparel during the game today.

Anyone else with a Mea Culpa?

cpk1994
12-23-2007, 06:25 PM
I didn't set my DVR.

packinpatland
12-23-2007, 06:27 PM
I wore a different GB shirt than I have normally have been...........it was frigg'n cold in the house today so I opted for fleece.
If my husband had just thrown another log on the fire when I asked.........I would have had no need for the fleece.............it's his fault. :wink:

Bretsky
12-23-2007, 06:30 PM
I picked the Bears to win in my Pick Em Pool when I saw the weather forecast

Maxie the Taxi
12-23-2007, 06:30 PM
No, it's all my fault. I wasn't confident enough.

Scott Campbell
12-23-2007, 06:31 PM

Geez - what the hell B? Did you bet on the Taliban when we invaded Afganistan?

Bretsky
12-23-2007, 06:32 PM

To be fair I needed to pick up points to get into money so I picked a few of the more likely upsets

cpk1994
12-23-2007, 06:33 PM

Geez - what the hell B? Did you bet on the Taliban when we invaded Afganistan?Post of the Year! :lol:

packinpatland
12-23-2007, 06:33 PM
Liking the Pats..........now this :roll: I don't know about you B.

mmmdk
12-23-2007, 06:34 PM
If your mind is not tuned for game time; even the Dolphins will beat ya.

Scott Campbell
12-23-2007, 06:35 PM

To be fair I needed to pick up points to get into money so I picked a few of the more likely upsets

That money will be tainted.

:P

MJZiggy
12-23-2007, 06:41 PM
I apologize. I forgot to put a load of laundry in. When was the last time I didn't do laundry on game day? The last time we played the Bears that's when. If I'd realized, I'd have washed some things out in the hotel sink that afternoon or something...

And B, you should be ashamed. Selling out!! How could you???

Jimx29
12-23-2007, 06:47 PM
I dunno...I took my weekly bath before the game like I always do :huh:

Freak Out
12-23-2007, 06:53 PM

Was there a line on that? Plus its not over......

Kiwon
12-23-2007, 06:54 PM
It's Al Gore's fault for letting Global Warming to get out of control.

Cheesehead Craig
12-23-2007, 06:54 PM
I missed the first Bears drive. I did a poor job planning for the game, just like the coaching staff.

Scott Campbell
12-23-2007, 07:03 PM
I missed the first Bears drive. I did a poor job planning for the game, just like the coaching staff.

That drive was the equivilant of 3 normal drives. I think they chewed up about 10 minutes of clock.

In other words, you were REALLY late.

Cheesehead Craig
12-23-2007, 07:35 PM

That drive was the equivilant of 3 normal drives. I think they chewed up about 10 minutes of clock.

In other words, you were REALLY late.
Yep, the "quick" shopping trip after church went a little long. :oops:

GrnBay007
12-23-2007, 08:34 PM

A co-worker stopping by not letting me watch the first 2 quarters. They really should know better!!

packinpatland
12-23-2007, 08:46 PM
I agree........they should know better!
When my daughters were away at school, they knew better than to call home during a game.........my neighbor (who is a Vikings fan) chooses the first qtr. to deliver cookies today!

My silent revenge.............the Vikes are looking pretty bad right now. :wink:

GrnBay007
12-23-2007, 08:51 PM
My silent revenge.............the Vikes are looking pretty bad right now. :wink:

Do you have some cookies you can bring over and give the evil wink? :twisted:

packinpatland
12-23-2007, 08:55 PM
Except for the torrential downpour we're getting right now, (yes, it's raining, not snowing.........so much for a white Christmas......where in the hell is Bing when you need him?), I'd would interupt his evening with some store bought goodies. :twisted:

GBRulz
12-23-2007, 08:57 PM
and then, in additon to the evil smile...tell your neighbor that at least our loss today didn't eliminate us from the playoffs...and that you can't imagine how distraught he/she must feel right now about the Queens possibly facing playoff elimination...hehe

packinpatland
12-23-2007, 09:00 PM
Good God GB,.......you're more evil than I am!
Now that's the holiday spirit!!!

GrnBay007
12-23-2007, 09:02 PM
......so much for a white Christmas.... :twisted:

OMG.................you want some???? It is nasty here........and more snow on the way........all over a nice thick bed of ice that came last night. :(

packinpatland
12-23-2007, 09:09 PM
I live in New England for heaven's sake.........'White Christmas' mecca!
We'll take all you want to send............anything but this!

Just a little aside here........did you know the movie Holiday Inn, where Bing sings White Christmas was filmed in CA?...............at a small in on the Russian River.

GrnBay007
12-23-2007, 09:23 PM
Just a little aside here........did you know the movie Holiday Inn, where Bing sings White Christmas was filmed in CA?...............at a small in on the Russian River.

Wow, that made me think of a story my Dad told from when he was away during WWII. He talked about someone coming in to sing for them at Christmas time. He especially remembered the songs White Christmas and Silent Night. He said he never saw so many grown men cry like babies.

b bulldog
12-23-2007, 09:29 PM
Your father was in WW2? This world owes him a great deal, he is a true hero! I really adore that generation and what they did.

GrnBay007
12-23-2007, 09:35 PM
Your father was in WW2? This world owes him a great deal, he is a true hero! I really adore that generation and what they did.

Thanks, I agree. The stories he told about that time of his life were few, but I will remember them always. He passed last year after a very nice, long lived retirement.

packinpatland
12-23-2007, 09:46 PM
Thanks for sharing that.........and thanks to your Dad.

b bulldog
12-23-2007, 09:46 PM
In my true sincerety, I try to thank as many vets as I can. A thanks does wonders for them.

packinpatland
12-23-2007, 09:51 PM
Darn it b bulldog...............now I have to rethink whether you're a good guy or not :wink:

gbgary
12-24-2007, 05:53 PM
i watched it at a sports bar instead of at home in front of the computer. dang it!

Packers4Ever
12-24-2007, 10:18 PM
I wore a different GB shirt than I have normally have been...........it was frigg'n cold in the house today so I opted for fleece.
If my husband had just thrown another log on the fire when I asked.........I would have had no need for the fleece.............it's his fault. :wink:

'Atta girl, he definitely should have thrown that log! :cry:

After the game was over and all the gifts opened, I
had 2 new gorgeous Packer shirts, 1 is that new Favre one.
had I only known........

Jimx29
12-24-2007, 11:45 PM
What rolls down stairs
alone or in pairs,
and over your neighbor's dog?
What's great for a snack,
And fits on your back?
It's log, log, log

It's log, it's log,
It's big, it's heavy, it's wood.
It's log, it's log, it's better than bad, it's good."

Everyone wants a log
You're gonna love it, log
Come on and get your log
Everyone needs a log
log log log

http://i19.tinypic.com/85zt4j6.gif

oregonpackfan
12-25-2007, 01:46 AM
I missed the first 2 and 1/2 quarters taking my wife to Urgent Care. We thought it was a flare-up from the surgery she had 5 years ago. Fortunately, the doctors cleared her.

When we got home, I turned on the game in the mid-third quarter and saw how miserably the Packers were playing.

I was grateful my wife had a positive prognosis. The game seemed meaningless in reference to a potential family crisis.

AtlPackFan
12-25-2007, 07:03 AM
I watched the game....or started to. I never watch the game...I always put it on record and watch later. I get too upset when I watch the games and start to throw things...my wife's dogs won't come near me. :oops:

Anyway, there it is. I thought I would watch the game because it was a "can't loose". Even with the conditions I thought the Pack would be able to move the ball against a depleted Bears D.

Ok, from here to the Super Bowl, AtlPackFan isn't allowed to watch anymore games! :cry:

Packers4Ever
12-25-2007, 08:24 PM
I missed the first 2 and 1/2 quarters taking my wife to Urgent Care. We thought it was a flare-up from the surgery she had 5 years ago. Fortunately, the doctors cleared her.

When we got home, I turned on the game in the mid-third quarter and saw how miserably the Packers were playing.

I was grateful my wife had a positive prognosis. The game seemed meaningless in reference to a potential family crisis.

Good to hear your wife is doing well, OPF, amazing how
fast your priorities can change, isn't it?

GrnBay007
12-25-2007, 08:30 PM

Good to hear your wife is doing well, OPF, amazing how
fast your priorities can change, isn't it?

Yes, good to hear!!

GrnBay007
12-25-2007, 08:31 PM
I watched the game....or started to. I never watch the game...I always put it on record and watch later. I get too upset when I watch the games and start to throw things...my wife's dogs won't come near me. :oops:

Anyway, there it is. I thought I would watch the game because it was a "can't loose". Even with the conditions I thought the Pack would be able to move the ball against a depleted Bears D.

Ok, from here to the Super Bowl, AtlPackFan isn't allowed to watch anymore games! :cry:

Are the dogs OK?

AtlPackFan
12-25-2007, 09:05 PM

Are the dogs OK?

Dogs are not broken...the same can not be said for a couple of candles. My wife is still PO'd at me. :oops:

MJZiggy
12-25-2007, 09:26 PM
Careful, she's gonna put you in restraints on Sundays. If you see straps on your favorite chair, don't sit down.

Bossman641
12-25-2007, 09:39 PM
I'll also take some blame for ths loss. I was at my gf's house over the weekend. Her parents gave me a bunch of Packers stuff and then gave me a Bears mug as a joke. I should have immediately broken it and thrown it in the trash, but I was at her house so I didn't want to seem like a major jerk. I realized on Monday when I got home that it had been placed in with my Packers stuff all weekend.

I'm sorry.

The mug has been broken and trashed, so the curse should be broken.

4and12to12and4
12-25-2007, 09:48 PM
I'll also take some blame for ths loss. I was at my gf's house over the weekend. Her parents gave me a bunch of Packers stuff and then gave me a Bears mug as a joke. I should have immediately broken it and thrown it in the trash, but I was at her house so I didn't want to seem like a major jerk. I realized on Monday when I got home that it had been placed in with my Packers stuff all weekend.

I'm sorry.

I love that leglamp, I just got done watching "A Christmas Story", that and "It's a Wonderful Life" are my two favorite christmas movies. I just read this entire thread. Holy crap. No wonder we lost, EVERYBODY is to blame. We all did things differently. Unbelievable. We better get back on track in two weeks. When we play in the playoffs, no shopping, laundry, etc.

I thought it was all my fault, I hooked up my laptop back to wireless last week, so I had it on my lap chatting here while watching the game. Usually I don't do that. At halftime, I plugged it back in, but it was too late. I was depressed because I thought I caused them to lose, and because I realized I would never be able to chat here while watching the game ever again. Now, I'm not so sure. We all should be ashamed, especially you, B, you better donate that money to charity, it is tainted!! Tainted I say!!

AtlPackFan
12-26-2007, 11:48 AM

I'm sorry.

I love that leglamp, I just got done watching "A Christmas Story", that and "It's a Wonderful Life" are my two favorite christmas movies. I just read this entire thread. Holy crap. No wonder we lost, EVERYBODY is to blame. We all did things differently. Unbelievable. We better get back on track in two weeks. When we play in the playoffs, no shopping, laundry, etc.

I thought it was all my fault, I hooked up my laptop back to wireless last week, so I had it on my lap chatting here while watching the game. Usually I don't do that. At halftime, I plugged it back in, but it was too late. I was depressed because I thought I caused them to lose, and because I realized I would never be able to chat here while watching the game ever again. Now, I'm not so sure. We all should be ashamed, especially you, B, you better donate that money to charity, it is tainted!! Tainted I say!!

I'd keep it B...and bet it on the Pack this weekend! :mrgreen:

cheesner
12-26-2007, 02:49 PM
ITs all on me. I committed the ultimate wrong.

Bears colors on my boxers.

Bretsky
12-26-2007, 05:29 PM

I'm sorry.

Pfooeeyy; I'd rather have tainted money than no money :lol:

Tarlam!
12-27-2007, 01:47 AM
There is one amongst us, who knowingly betrayed us. He knows who he is. He knows what he did.

Sinner!

Jerry Tagge
12-27-2007, 11:26 AM

It's all your fault. It sure ain't my fault.

HarveyWallbangers
12-27-2007, 01:30 PM
I'll take the blame. I watched the first Bears loss in a bar in Green Bay. I watched the Cowboys loss at a friend's house (the only game I've watched at somebody's house). This week, I was in Fargo. When I watch the game at a bar in the Twin Cities, we are undefeated.

BTW, breaking things is never a good release for what happens in a game--especially if you have kids in the house.

Jerry Tagge
12-27-2007, 01:33 PM
It's still not my fault.

Tarlam!
12-27-2007, 01:44 PM
It is one man's fault. He was at the first game personally, instead of doing his Packer duty. He snubbed his duty in the second game. He knows who he is is. He has seen the error of his ways and repented.

It is not Harvey.

Jerry Tagge
12-27-2007, 02:32 PM
OK, it is my fault. Packers are 2-6 against the Bears since Lovie Smith became head coach of the Bears.

Yes, the 2 times the Packers beat the Bears in the Mrs. Howell era I was at the game. Packers are 2-0 against Mrs. Howell's Bears when I'm at the game and 0-6 when I'm not.

I ADMIT IT!!! IT'S ALL MY FAULT!!!!

Fritz
12-27-2007, 02:50 PM
Sigh. I forgot to wear my #4 Packer jersey, and Favre played for crap. I don't usually like to wear jerseys with other men's names on them, but I do when the Pack plays, and I just forgot cuz my daughters were home.

My bad.

We need McCarthy to come on this site and give us the what-for and straighten this lousy site out.