PDA

View Full Version : Viking -V- Redskin Game Thread

RashanGary
12-23-2007, 07:21 PM
I think the Vikings are going to take this one.

Scott Campbell
12-23-2007, 07:23 PM
I watched the Vikings play last week, and to me they look long overdue for a loss.

RashanGary
12-23-2007, 07:24 PM
The Toilet is a tough place to play. VERY loud.

RashanGary
12-23-2007, 07:33 PM
If the Vikes win, they have a very good shot at the #5 seed. That means they play Tampa and the Giants would play Seattle.

In that case, I think the Vikings beat Tampa and the Seahawks beat NY.

What that means for us is that we get the highest advancing seed, Seattle.

GB -vs- Seattle (Lambeau)
Cowboys -vs- Vikings (Texas Stadium)

That is my prediction for the 2nd round.

Cheesehead Craig
12-23-2007, 07:36 PM
T-Jack is doing his best early to lose this one.

RashanGary
12-23-2007, 07:39 PM
I don't know what to hope for in the playoffs. All I do know is I don't want Minnesota on a cold, windy day in Lambeau. If it's a nice January day with low wind, I'm OK with Favre vs T Jack, but on a cruddy day, with the QB's neutralized, I think we'd be screwed.

This would be the matchup:

- The Williams boys and the #1 rushing defense -vs- Spitz, Colledge and Wells for half the game.

- The brutally big Minnesota offensive line, Adrian Peterson and Chester Taylor -vs- Pickett, Harrell and Williams

- Longwell -vs- Crosby

You think the Chicago game was bad? Get ready for one and done if we play a bad weather game against Minny.

esoxx
12-23-2007, 08:39 PM
Vikings are shittin' the bed. :lol:

T-Jack is bad. Hopefully Vikes don't discover this in time for the '08 season. They would be truly dangerous with a competent QB.

GBRulz
12-23-2007, 08:47 PM
After the way we played today, it is somewhat theraputic seeing MN getting their asses handed to them.

packinpatland
12-23-2007, 08:58 PM
I think the Vikings are going to take this one.

Want to rethink that statement??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

b bulldog
12-23-2007, 09:05 PM
As a Packers fan, I have been voicing my concerns since the Panthers game about our D and the lack of a passrush and a lack of a strong pesence against the run. This Bears team that destoyed us today is so injued it is laughable. I think on D alone, they were missing two starters on the Dline, 1 starting LB and at least 2 starters in the secondary. Nick, now they have something to make excuses about, not us having 2 starters out on D. :oops:

Bretsky
12-23-2007, 09:24 PM
Many of us thought the NFC North was a very tough division; we were wrong.

It's very possible we'll see Dallas, the NYG, and Washinton in the playoffs.

b bulldog
12-23-2007, 09:25 PM
The Packers should want no part of the Skins or Dallas.

PlantPage55
12-23-2007, 09:28 PM
Many of us thought the NFC North was a very tough division; we were wrong.

It's very possible we'll see Dallas, the NYG, and Washinton in the playoffs.

Finally! They've been calling 3 NFC East teams in the playoffs for like 4 years now. Finally those media bastards get what they wanted, on the year that they didn't expect it!

Bretsky
12-23-2007, 09:37 PM

Right now I want no part of the Skins either
They are playing better than any team besides the top 2

It would be nice if Dallas knocked them out of the playoffs next week if they can

VegasPackFan
12-23-2007, 09:52 PM
Is the no announcers intentional, or are they having audio problems?

BF4MVP
12-23-2007, 11:32 PM
Well, the Vikings went on a five-game winning streak after we killed them 34-0..Hopefully us getting shallacked 35-7 sends US on a 4-game winning streak :D

Really doesn't have anything to do with the thread, but it was the Vikings so I thought of it..But yeah, they played like ass today..

Badgerinmaine
12-24-2007, 06:34 AM

It would be nice if Dallas knocked them out of the playoffs next week if they can
If Washington gets in, it'll have to be as the #6 seed. Since the Packers will be the #2, the only way they'd play Washington is in the NFC title game--at Lambeau. So, I'm not worrying about the Redskins.

Iron Mike
12-24-2007, 07:51 AM
Well, the Vikings went on a five-game winning streak after we killed them 34-0..Hopefully us getting shallacked 35-7 sends US on a 4-game winning streak :D

Really doesn't have anything to do with the thread, but it was the Vikings so I thought of it..But yeah,they played like ass today..

Pot, meet kettle. 8-)

PaCkFan_n_MD
12-24-2007, 07:56 AM

Actually, I want no part of the Vikings. Can you imagine playing this team in bad weather with the way they run the football and the way they stop the run.

Cheesehead Craig
12-24-2007, 08:32 AM
The league has figured out how to stop the Vikes rushing attack. The biggest reason the Vikes were on their winning streak was the phenominal play by their defense. The Vikes D cannot stop a good offense and their offense can be stopped with 8 in the box and run blitzes with disciplined back side help. T-Jack cannot handle pressure whatsoever. This worrying about the Vikes at this point is foolish.

Scott Campbell
12-24-2007, 09:13 AM
Geez, lose one game and everybody loses their swagger. After the Oakland game we weren't scared of anyone. I'll still gladly take on all comers, and that includes the Cowboys.

b bulldog
12-24-2007, 01:27 PM
A Couple of weeks and the Packers will start playing the big boys and then we will all get to see where they stand.

RashanGary
12-24-2007, 01:33 PM
A Couple of weeks and the Packers will start playing the big boys and then we will all get to see where they stand.

Why are you so bitter? They've had a nice year. Everything might not align, but the Packers are one of the NFL's better teams this year. Why be so angry about that?

b bulldog
12-24-2007, 01:46 PM
I can't stand the way they played yesterday and when all is on the line and you lay a giant egg, it is embarrassing and pathetic. In all honesty, the Packers aren't an elite team at this moment, they can turn it around but imo, they are not there . The elites are Dallas, Colts and the Pats.

MJZiggy
12-24-2007, 01:46 PM
Geez, lose one game and everybody loses their swagger. After the Oakland game we weren't scared of anyone. I'll still gladly take on all comers, and that includes the Cowboys.

Who lost their swagger? I just got a little grumpy for a day. :oops: Bring 'em on! Our boys'll handle 'em!

b bulldog
12-24-2007, 01:48 PM
Good teams find ways to win games and the Pack have won 12 so far but now they seem to not be the team they were.

b bulldog
12-24-2007, 01:51 PM
The table was set, the Packers were so very close to getting homefield and it all goes to the crapper. Why aren't more upset. We should all now realize how difficult it is to get where the Packers are and definitely could have been. The way they lost is inexcusable.

BallHawk
12-24-2007, 02:11 PM
The table was set, the Packers were so very close to getting homefield and it all goes to the crapper. Why aren't more upset. We should all now realize how difficult it is to get where the Packers are and definitely could have been. The way they lost is inexcusable.

Yeah, it's a bummer, but you just gotta move on. The loss was one of the worst in a while. It wasn't just the weather, the players, the coaches. It was everything. We got embarrassed, I will agree with you on that.

I think one thing people are looking to is that, if we played this poorly in bad weather, maybe playing somewhere warm isn't such a bad thing.

I look at going to Dallas and I don't see it as being an uneven fight or us being at a major disadvantage or anything like that. I've said this for a while now, the key to winning in Dallas is Favre being in the right mental state. If he comes in with a chip on his shoulder, wanting to prove something, we will see what we saw in November, the "chuck 'em up" Favre. McCarthy needs to make Favre know that he can't play that way because if he does we will lose.

Also, it seems that some are overlooking that we actually do have to win one game to get to Dallas. I don't see any of those games as gimmes (besides maybe NYG). If we don't come into the Divisional game mentally prepared, we could very well be upset.

b bulldog
12-25-2007, 10:04 AM
Agree with everything you posted