PDA

View Full Version : 2001 Bears and the 2008 Packers

b bulldog
12-23-2007, 09:22 PM
Both teams will have gone 13-3 if the Pack wins against the Lions, both teams came out of no where to win the division. The Packers swept the bears that year, the bears swept the Packers this year. Both teams did stay relatively healthy all year long, both teams were said be lucky, the Bears got beat in their divisional playoff game at home against the Eagles, the Packers .............................

Bretsky
12-23-2007, 09:35 PM
I hate to admit it, but I was thinking of the exact same thing after our loss.
I just didn't want to post it :lol:

Cheers,
B

BF4MVP
12-23-2007, 09:39 PM
If the Pack loses in the first round, then they are comparable..Too early to say..

FritzDontBlitz
12-23-2007, 09:40 PM
I was thinking the same leading up to the game today.

The key difference, though: the Packers didn't need a freak winter front to aid them in either game they won when sweeping the Bears back in 2001. :lol:

b bulldog
12-23-2007, 09:43 PM
I'm not saying they will lose in the divisional round but ?

b bulldog
12-23-2007, 09:44 PM
B, What is that saying, "Great minds think a like" 8-)

Joemailman
12-23-2007, 10:52 PM
My recollection is that the Bears lost their starting QB pretty early in that game. Odds are that won't happen to the Pack. 8-) Wasn't that the same day as the infamous "Tuck Rule" game?

BF4MVP
12-23-2007, 11:23 PM
I think that team was a lot luckier than ours too..We have had some things bounce our way this year, but a lot of it was just making good plays at the right times..For instance, the play in OT to Jennings wasn't luck, it was just a good play..Same with the game-winning TD in the Charger game..IIRC, that year the Bears just happened to complete a Hail Mary in the end zone where the guy caught it in a ton of traffic..Also, I'm pretty sure Mike Brown had a pass tipped right to him in OT and he ran it in for the easy game-winning TD..

Bretsky
12-24-2007, 12:50 AM
I think that team was a lot luckier than ours too..We have had some things bounce our way this year, but a lot of it was just making good plays at the right times..For instance, the play in OT to Jennings wasn't luck, it was just a good play..Same with the game-winning TD in the Charger game..IIRC, that year the Bears just happened to complete a Hail Mary in the end zone where the guy caught it in a ton of traffic..Also, I'm pretty sure Mike Brown had a pass tipped right to him in OT and he ran it in for the easy game-winning TD..

We were fortunate to beat the Eagles and Redskins. But one could argue the Bears were fortunate to beat us in the first game. We were clearly outplayed against Dallas and Round 2 of da Bears.

That first Bear game is the one that really stings; if we don't gift wrap that one there is still a great chance for home field