PDA

View Full Version : Winners and Losers - Week 16

MJZiggy
12-23-2007, 11:56 PM
Winners and Losers
Green Bay vs. Chicago
by Deputy Nutz

Pathetic! The Green Bay Packers are supposed to be one of the best teams in the NFL and they turn in a performance against the Bears that was so poor I thought I was watching game from the 1980s. The Packers should leave Chicago not only embarrassed but questioning their will to win games.

Read it all here! (http://www.packerrats.com)

Scott Campbell
12-24-2007, 10:04 AM
Interesting comments about Harrell as I didn't notice him much when he was in there.

Bretsky
12-24-2007, 12:18 PM
Good write up; I've had a hard time reading many articles after that loss.
Very poor showing in such a meaningful game.

It just seemed like the Bears wanted it more

OS PA
12-24-2007, 02:27 PM
In fact, in his last five games in weather under 34 degrees, he has only thrown one touchdown pass and eight interceptions.

Favre threw two touchdowns at Lambeau against Oakland when the weather was 18 degrees.

Packers4Ever
12-24-2007, 09:40 PM
Interesting comments about Harrell as I didn't notice him much when he was in there.

Surprised me, I saw quite a bit of him in the 1st half or so. Saw in the paper he'd made as many tackles and assists as Urlacher!! 4 and 1, I believe.

After that I had my eyes covered much of the time. I'm still in shock.

MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR my Rat Friends !!

Packers4Ever
12-24-2007, 09:47 PM
In fact, in his last five games in weather under 34 degrees, he has only thrown one touchdown pass and eight interceptions.

Favre threw two touchdowns at Lambeau against Oakland when the weather was 18 degrees.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

The wind chill was minus 18 degrees down there
yesterday, that's a killer! And I read that the Bears'
team etc...sat on the side of the stadium where the
wind wasn't directed right at them like it was to the Pack.

b bulldog
12-25-2007, 09:53 AM
Winners, Dallas Cowboys
Losers, us Packers fans

Deputy Nutz
12-25-2007, 08:09 PM
Another player that should have been on the loser list is Nick Barnett, he got his ass kicked most of the day.

Fritz
12-26-2007, 09:04 PM
Once again, Fox screwed football fans in Detroit be electing to show...paid programming instead of NFL football. So I was spared the debacle. I kept track on nfl.com, and once it hit 28-7 it was clear the team was playing like poo. Man, they need to get some things sorted out, and soon.

I'm most worried about the defense. This is starting to remind me of the Shermy teams back in the day - they just couldn't get a lot of stops and it got frustrating.

Pacopete4
12-27-2007, 03:02 AM
At home, now holds a 40-5 record including playoffs when the kickoff temperature is 34 degrees or below; possesses an impressive 90.7 passer rating in those 45 cold-weather games, based on 890 completions in 1,441 attempts (61.8 percent) for 10,242 yards, 79 TDs and 37 INTs

from his website...

i think i'll not only take my chances in every game he plays since he is the mother f'in greatest.. but ill take him in cold weather games too.. bad ones happen sometimes and when u play as long, and as many times as favre has.. these games will happen, we are just babied thinking he'l do it all

Pacopete4
12-27-2007, 03:03 AM
oh and ps.

that stat i just showed would be a great career for someone to have.. not just cold games.. puts it in perspective a little bit

the_idle_threat
12-27-2007, 04:02 AM
Funny---I heard that comment by one of the announcers that Barnett is good and all and Hawk gets press for being a high pick, but Poppinga is basically the best linebacker on the team, and I wondered who the hell it was that was so obviously and unabashedly on crack. Then I saw it was Aikman, and it all made sense. His buddy Michael Irvin probably hooked him up. :P

Deputy Nutz
12-27-2007, 03:02 PM
Funny---I heard that comment by one of the announcers that Barnett is good and all and Hawk gets press for being a high pick, but Poppinga is basically the best linebacker on the team, and I wondered who the hell it was that was so obviously and unabashedly on crack. Then I saw it was Aikman, and it all made sense. His buddy Michael Irvin probably hooked him up. :P

I don't think that they said he was the best, just that he was the one that was all over the place, and the least talked about.

the_idle_threat
12-27-2007, 05:26 PM
He didn't come out and say Poppinga was the best, but I kind of inferred it from what he said. I distinctly remember having a WTF moment upon hearing it. Maybe I misunderstood him, but then again, with all the shots to the head Aikman took over the years, who are you gonna bet on, him or me? :lol: