PDA

View Full Version : The Pack are 12-3 - Woohoo!!

Tarlam!
12-24-2007, 01:35 AM
I love rooting for this team. I loved them when we went one and done, 4th and 26 during Shermies time, I loved them at 4-12 and 8-8 during TT's first coupla seasons.

But now, I have had 12 wins to celebrate in a season where I thought I'd be delighted with 9, including next week against Detroit!

What an amazing year!! And, it aint over - we WILL be hosting a Play-Off Game, and it WON'T be on Wildcard Weekend.

Yeah, the game last night left me feeling less than great, but then I looked at our record. I looked at 4 other teams hoping that the Vikes lose out and the stars align for them.

We don't need for the stars to align - WE'RE IN THE PLAY OFFS!

Time to forgive and forget last nights "game".

GO PACK GO!

the_idle_threat
12-24-2007, 01:50 AM
I agree. 8-)

BF4MVP
12-24-2007, 01:51 AM
Well that certainly puts a positive spin on things today :)

Badgerinmaine
12-24-2007, 06:22 AM
You know, Tarlam's right...the glass (or beer mug) is more than half full. It's still a great time to be a Packer fan. :glug:

Spaulding
12-24-2007, 08:29 AM
Quite odd that some bitch and moan for major changes after a team wins twelve games and loses only three so far. Then again, two of the losses were against the vile bears so I guess there is some substance for it.

Anyways, given the weather taking it's toll on our passing game, maybe going to Dallas for the NFC Championship game is a good thing. Not to mention I'd love to see Brett get that monkey off his back and win down there.

cheesner
12-24-2007, 09:56 AM
After watching how poorly they played in bad weather, playing the championship game in texass might not be such a bad thing for the Packers.

I don't mind losing - the Packers have exceeded my expectations already. It is just the fact that they got blown out so bad when there was so much on the line. Can't just blame the weather - it was the same temp/wind for the bears. I hope they use this as a learning experience and build on it for playoffs. Maybe this embarrassment will make them a better team.

Carolina_Packer
12-24-2007, 09:57 AM
Yup, part of this team's make-up will be challenged next week to see if they can shake off this clinker of a game. I suspect they will. Hopefully the Lion game will provide a good tune-up for the playoffs, and that the conditions will permit the offense to do its thing. If the conditions are tough, you would expect a short passing game with our receivers doing the work after the catch, plus Grant doing his thing.

Bretsky
12-24-2007, 10:08 AM
Great Post; even if we lose next week and in round one of the playoffs this season was incredibly successful

packers11
12-24-2007, 10:28 AM
Great Post; even if we lose next week and in round one of the playoffs this season was incredibly successful

wouldn't it be round 2??? we have a bye week... :wink:

Scott Campbell
12-24-2007, 10:33 AM

The other thing we get to take away from this season is an offseason of hope. Next season won't come with any guarantees about our ability to compete, but there is plenty of reason to think that things can continue go our way.

Cheesehead Craig
12-24-2007, 10:35 AM
Yep, the North title and a first round bye is more than any of us dared wish for. The home field would have been the cherry on top of the sundae.

Thrilled with this team and this season.

MadtownPacker
12-24-2007, 10:35 AM
Fuck this "I'm happy we got this far BS"!!!

If their is no trip to at leasts the NFC Championship game then the season was shit. Before the season started this would have been more then good enough but the stakes have been raised and the Pack has a serious chance at a SB. I can live without getting to Arizona but dammit they better at least get back to dallas.

Scott Campbell
12-24-2007, 10:38 AM

If their is no trip to at leasts the NFC Championship game then the season was shit. Before the season started this would have been more then good enough but the stakes have been raised and the Pack has a serious chance at a SB. I can live without getting to Arizona but dammit they better at least get back to dallas.

Were not going to lose.

BallHawk
12-24-2007, 10:48 AM

Agree 100%.

Bretsky
12-24-2007, 12:13 PM
The Packers far far exceeded my expectations. I was the one trying to hold the TT group accountable for defining what is successful.

Now they can hold me accountable.

This season was successful regardless of how it ends

RashanGary
12-24-2007, 01:07 PM
I agree. Fun season.

That game really didn't bother me. The weather and Pickett being out played to all of the Packers weaknesses.

The Packers are still a legit team. When they have the passing game setting up the rest of the offense and the ST's setting up the defense, they are as hard to beat as any team in the NFC. They are not built for nasty conditions. That's OK though, the field in lambeau is better than the field in chicago and the wind has never effected Favre like that in Lambeau. The Packers are better than how they played. The only thing I worry about now is horrible conditions. Other than that, I think the Cowboys are the favorite, but the Packers still have a good shot of going in and upsetting a good but not great team. I'm certainly not going into the playoffs expecting a loss because of one bad game in conditions like that.

b bulldog
12-24-2007, 01:11 PM
All the negative defensive trends they've been showing came to a head on Sunday. Nick, your excuses about the injuries :violin: