PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Who do you WANT to see in the Pack's 1st playoff game?

Badgerinmaine
12-24-2007, 06:50 AM
This is kind of the reverse of last week's question: Who do you WANT to see in the Pack's 1st playoff game? Now that the Packers will be the #2 seed--and who wouldn't have taken THAT in a heartbeat at the start of the year--and the 3, 4 and 5 seeds are also settled, we know the Packers will get one of three teams at Green Bay in the divisional round of the NFC playoffs: #3 seed Seattle, #4 seed Tampa Bay or #5 seed, the N.Y. Giants.
So,

pack4to84
12-24-2007, 07:50 AM
I vote Tampa because they have never won a game under 35 degrees. They might look like us vs bears. Scared to death and want to just go home.

Bretsky
12-24-2007, 10:02 AM
Giants; I'll take facing Eli Manning

GoPackGo
12-24-2007, 10:11 AM
I vote Tampa because they have never won a game under 35 degrees. They might look like us vs bears. Scared to death and want to just go home.

i also voted Tampa-
Our defense might not be able to stop the Giants running game right now

MadtownPacker
12-24-2007, 10:30 AM
Tampa might work but I think the giants would be the better match up.

packers11
12-24-2007, 10:33 AM
THE BEARS!!! :twisted:

never mind... I can't vote for them... Sorry Bearman :lol: ...

I voted Tampa...

BallHawk
12-24-2007, 11:06 AM

I'd love to play the Giants, we'd win by 10+, IMO. Is it realistic, though? For that to happen the Giants would have to beat Tampa Bay. I could easily see Eli throwing multiple pics against arguably the best defense in the league. Tampa Bay has a mediocre offense, but if they can put up some points, the defense can get them the win.

Also, WAS/MIN/NO would have to go into Seattle, a damn hard place to play, and beat the Seahawks. The Redskins are hot right now, but I think they only team that would have what it takes to win that game is Minnesota.

I'm fairly confident that we're going to end up playing Seattle, which does scare me a bit. Hasselbeck is a great QB and Seattle has a very solid defense. I could see them pulling the upset against us.

BallHawk
12-24-2007, 11:09 AM
Also, this if for any Patlers out there.

When was the last time both Wild Card teams, in either conference, won in the opening round?

BallHawk
12-24-2007, 11:14 AM
Also, this if for any Patlers out there.

When was the last time both Wild Card teams, in either conference, won in the opening round?

Just found it.

Just two years ago, 2005-2006 playoffs. Both Carolina and Washington won their WC round games.

Brando19
12-24-2007, 11:58 AM
I voted the Giants. Eli sucks, period. He can't throw it up and hope Shockey comes down with it b/c Shockey's out. If we shut their run game down, Eli is forced to do what he does best...throw INT.

b bulldog
12-24-2007, 01:25 PM
Washington would beat us imo, Dallas will beat us, the Giants we will beat, seattle is a toss-up and Tampa we should beat.

MJZiggy
12-24-2007, 03:19 PM
Washington would beat us imo, Dallas will beat us, the Giants we will beat, seattle is a toss-up and Tampa we should beat.

I'm curious as to why you think Washington would beat us, when we already beat them once this season and why you're so absolutely convinced that no matter what the Packers do, there's no way we could possibly pull out the win. (Edit: I meant the win against Dallas)

Rodgers very nearly staged a successful comeback against them. All that has to happen is for Brett to stay controlled in that game and Harris to stay man on TO instead of dropping into zone. I never understood why they did that the first game. It backfired horridly. But M3 learns really well from his mistakes from what I see.

Lynx4Ben
12-24-2007, 03:39 PM
I agree that Wash could beat us. In fact I am scared of any team that runs the ball well. It seems that they key to beating the pack (as I see it) is to keep the ball and the clock running.

Thus, I agree that Washington scares me. I believe they would beat us.

I am not worried about Tampa, I think we beat them relatively easily.

Seattle is scary no doubt. But I think we can contain Alexander and beat them.

Although my initial reaction is NY is not a problem, they stink. However, they may be able to run the ball all day on us. I really think this one is a toss up, because I think we may be able to contain Jacobs.

Again, I think the way to beat us is to keep Favre off the field. Our receivers are very talented and we can pick teams apart. To keep Favre off the opposition must run the ball, thus Washington is the scariest of the bunch in my opinion.

Harlan Huckleby
12-24-2007, 03:44 PM
doesn't matter. Those teams are all about the same.

TravisWilliams23
12-24-2007, 04:21 PM
If the Packers as a team are healthy, I like their chances against any one of them. They MUST have a healthy D-line to win.
Also, Tampa Bay did defeat the Eagles in the 2002 NFC Championship game with the temperature at 22 degrees. Up until that game they hadn't won a game below 35 degrees. Plus, with how the Pack played Sunday in Chicago, I don't know if I want cold weather for the game!
Go Pack Go!!

packers11
12-24-2007, 04:48 PM

I am so sick of this talk... Why even play the last game of the season or show up to the playoffs???

Did anyone think the Pats had a shot against the Rams in the Superbowl???

Did anyone think Denver would upset the Packers in the Superbowl???

Did anyone think Miami would beat the Pats on MNF a couple years ago???

Did anyone think the packers would be 12-3 right now???

ANY GIVEN SUNDAY... BRING ANYONE from the NFC to face the packers... I give it a 60/40 shot in the packers favor...

Bulldog, I'm glad your not coaching the team I love, you probably would have packed it in, the first loss... Jeez... I can see the logic of wanting to play another team, but basically saying any team in the playoffs will beat the 12-3 packers is definitely smoking to much of something... Your negativity towards the packers sickens me at times...

The only team that I think has a legitimate shot of knocking off the Packers is Dallas... The rest of the teams in the NFC is not on the packers level... Simple as that...

oregonpackfan
12-25-2007, 01:54 AM

I agree. Manning is just too inconsistent.

Badgerinmaine
12-25-2007, 09:00 AM

I'd love to play the Giants, we'd win by 10+, IMO. Is it realistic, though? For that to happen the Giants would have to beat Tampa Bay.
Not only that, the #6 seed will also have to win at Seattle (which could happen, but it's one more thing that has to be so for this to work out).

b bulldog
12-25-2007, 09:05 AM
Negativity or reality.

4and12to12and4
12-25-2007, 03:30 PM
doesn't matter. Those teams are all about the same.

What? The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have the no#1 defense in many categorys, and they've had a great defense since Dungy turned that around. They also have a credible offense with Jeff Garcia. They are a lot like the Bears playing that cover 2, but actually have a QB who has some weapons on offense. I know the weather favors us, but Atlanta and Minny have both beaten us in cold weather in recent playoffs, so I would rather play against the "worst" team left. That is obviously the Giants. Other than Brandon Jacobs, they don't scare me at all. They got hot during the middle of the season, playing against mostly mediocre to bad teams to get where they are. But, you should've put the Skins and Saints in there. The Vikes will probably lose this week, and the Skins could easily beat Dallas, especially if Dallas sits there players at the end of the game. Do we want Minny or Washington to play the Cowboys in the second round? I think whoever can beat them, we should be rooting for, so we can play them at home for the Championship instead of going to Dallas. But I also think that we will end up playing the seahawks, and that sucks, they almost beat the Bears last year in the playoffs. Remember, OT? Hasselback is a very good QB, and although he didn't get a lot of playing time, he was a Packer for many years, and knows about being in cold weather. So, I just hope that the Giants can beat them, and I hope that the Skins get in instead of Minny and beat the Bucs and Boys. They have the team that can do that. Minny doesn't. Jackson is horrible.