PDA

View Full Version : One Positive from the Bears Disaster

MJZiggy
12-24-2007, 10:36 AM
If they had won, they'd have doused M3 in Gatorade again and he'd have frozen to death before he ever got back to the locker room. Good thing that didn't happen.

packers11
12-24-2007, 10:48 AM
The Bear trolls would have hibernated for the rest of the season, and they would have never been able to enjoy our Super Bowl run...

MJZiggy
12-24-2007, 06:19 PM
Ok, really I know there isn't MUCH to be happy about in that game, but surely there must be more than this...right?

BallHawk
12-24-2007, 09:13 PM
Nobody was injured.

Packers4Ever
12-24-2007, 10:01 PM
Ok, really I know there isn't MUCH to be happy about in that game, but surely there must be more than this...right?

I'm trying, I'm trying, Zig !!!!!! :wink:
Oh forget it, but I have a question for
all of you. What are your feelings on
the Detroit game? At Lambeau I think.....
too lazy to get up and go look.
I've lost some gung-ho and that's not a
good attitude. Maybe we'll all be back to norm
by Sunday ??

esoxx
12-24-2007, 10:28 PM
If there's one team the Packers have absolutely owned in Lambeau, it's the Lions.
They last lost to Detroit on The Tundra in 1991.
I don't see any chance they lose on Sunday.

Joemailman
12-25-2007, 08:13 AM
The only positive from this game is that it makes it easier for the coaches to point out the consequences of not doing things right. The week before, they got away with some things in St. Louis. Not this time. I suspect it will be a tough week of practice, and they will play well against the Lions.

b bulldog
12-25-2007, 10:08 AM
Hopefully if we play in Dallas they don't get one of their wind/snowstorms as they did against Miami on Tday when the big Cat, Leon lett was shown to be a bonehead.

Joemailman
12-25-2007, 11:03 AM
Good article in Sporting News about how McCarthy plans to deal with the loss.
http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=323087

4and12to12and4
12-25-2007, 03:54 PM
It actually IS good we lost. First of all, we lost in ridiculous conditions. I mean, I live the Chicagoland, and went for a walk with my daughter just to see how bad it was out there, and I don't know how they even survived for over 3 hours out there. It was as bad as I've ever seen. BITTER COLD and the wind was a joke. So, we didn't really lose, IMO, we just survived without injury, and that's all that matters. Also, we took ALL pressure off of ourselves to play anyone who needs a couple of weeks to heal. This time of year, everyone is feeling aches and pains all over the place, and to be able to KNOW we are the second seed, and plan for that and not worry about that whole thing will be advantageous to us. We can play Sunday to get the offense back in rythym, then take the third or fourth quarter off, not worrying about the game, and also, if we do that, and barely lose, my Rats name will be like a prophecy, and that would be really cool.

4and12to12and4
12-25-2007, 03:55 PM
I do, howvever, think winning Sunday is important, we don't want to enter the playoffs on a two game skid. I hope we go up by 21 before half, win the game AND rest our players.

FritzDontBlitz
12-25-2007, 05:32 PM
It actually IS good we lost. First of all, we lost in ridiculous conditions. I mean, I live the Chicagoland, and went for a walk with my daughter just to see how bad it was out there, and I don't know how they even survived for over 3 hours out there. It was as bad as I've ever seen. BITTER COLD and the wind was a joke. So, we didn't really lose, IMO, we just survived without injury, and that's all that matters. Also, we took ALL pressure off of ourselves to play anyone who needs a couple of weeks to heal. This time of year, everyone is feeling aches and pains all over the place, and to be able to KNOW we are the second seed, and plan for that and not worry about that whole thing will be advantageous to us. We can play Sunday to get the offense back in rythym, then take the third or fourth quarter off, not worrying about the game, and also, if we do that, and barely lose, my Rats name will be like a prophecy, and that would be really cool.

I was trying to help put Sunday's weather in perspective myself. It was the type of weather only a Chicagoan could understand, and even still a lot of us can barely function in it ourselves. So, its no surprise Green Bay struggled as much as they did. I don't think they have to deal with lake effect winds and snow as much in Lambeau, so it can come as a shock to anybody. I thought it hilariously dishonest of Aikman to sit in the booth and talk big shit about how poorly the Packers played when he knows he wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes in those conditions even at the height of his career.

4and12to12and4
12-25-2007, 05:45 PM

I was trying to help put Sunday's weather in perspective myself. It was the type of weather only a Chicagoan could understand, and even still a lot of us can barely function in it ourselves. So, its no surprise Green Bay struggled as much as they did. I don't think they have to deal with lake effect winds and snow as much in Lambeau, so it can come as a shock to anybody. I thought it hilariously dishonest of Aikman to sit in the booth and talk big shit about how poorly the Packers played when he knows he wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes in those conditions even at the height of his career.

Yeah, when I went outside AFTER the game, I felt much better about the whole thing. I have NEVER felt that kind of cold since moving to the Chicagoland area. I swear it felt like it was 20 below zero. When I was walking against the wind, I literally almost couldn't keep my eyes open, it was unreal. I haven't felt that cold since I can remember. It wasn't just a bit cold Sunday, it was simply unreal. My daughter said it was the coldest she had ever been, and didn't realize the weather could get like that, I could tell she was shocked.(Going for a walk was her idea) And we had gloves, coat, scarf, hat, etc. on. I don't know how they survived that game, but I look at that game as a joke. No way does it mean anything, it just takes pressure off of us. It's kind of a good thing.