PDA

View Full Version : I'm glad in a way, we got the shit kicked out of us

Packers4Glory
12-24-2007, 02:24 PM
n shitcago....

Just a reminder that you can't take anything for granted in this lg and you can lose on any given day.

This is a young team, an inexperienced team in many ways....It should serve as a wake up call....and I think it will because we have the type of coach I think can use this loss to his advantage.

This is an area I think M3 is very good at, and he will get the team to respond.

I hope he holds Pickett out and anyone else who may be experiencing a nagging injury that makes them less than 100% this week.

This loss could be a blessing, and I think it will.

footballfever
12-24-2007, 02:37 PM
I agree with that statement 100 percent, we're bound to have a few bad games a year. Let's just be thankful we got them out of the way BEFORE the playoffs, with such a young team the experience just kinda comes as they go and when you're a winning football team like this one it's essential that they work those kinks out before you make your run for the Super Bowl.

Packers4Glory
12-24-2007, 02:49 PM
the one bad thing is, well maybe bad, is that it was obvious Favre was not too interested in playing yesterday. His body language said it all, and I think the rest of the team picked up on that and came out flat.

I've watched nearly every Packer game for I don't know how long now, and thats the most disinterested I've seen Favre...ever. by a long shot.

cheesner
12-24-2007, 02:52 PM
the one bad thing is, well maybe bad, is that it was obvious Favre was not too interested in playing yesterday. His body language said it all, and I think the rest of the team picked up on that and came out flat.

I've watched nearly every Packer game for I don't know how long now, and thats the most disinterested I've seen Favre...ever. by a long shot.
He has stated he doesn't like playing in cold weather. I think he has it in his head that it will be a miserable day.

Packers4Glory
12-24-2007, 02:58 PM

He has stated he doesn't like playing in cold weather. I think he has it in his head that it will be a miserable day.
yeah but he has always performed greatly in cold horrible weather.

i kinda wonder if he doesn't think they stand a better shot winning in dallas, esp should the weather be horrible for the NFC championship game. Dallas has a very strong running attack and could grind out the game like the bears did..only better. at least in dallas the packers can keep pace scoring wise. hell i bet in some sick way he wants to win in dallas for once in his career to put those demons to rest...and that 1 game which = super bowl i bet sounds bittersweet for Favre.

Kiwon
12-24-2007, 03:21 PM
I would feel worse about the loss if the Packers had directly lost home-field advantage for the NFC Championship Game. Dallas had an inside track on that one.

They will learn a lot after watching the film and breaking it down with the coaches. Special Teams needs the extra attention, especially Ryan.

Overall, they will return mentally tougher and more committed to excel than ever. M3 will get the guys focused again.

Harlan Huckleby
12-24-2007, 03:40 PM
I'm glad they got clobbered just because the game now seems like a bad dream. Everything went wrong - so just forget it.

With winds gusting to 40 mph, Favre is not much of an advantage over Orton. The Bears wanted the game more, and the Packers couldn't press their advantages (far superior passing game.) And the Bears set up their screen passes better.

By losing, the Packers know that their last game is meaningless, and they can adjust their strategy accordingly. A worse outcome would be if they had won against the Bears, bust a nut next week, and Cowboys win out.

Brandon494
12-24-2007, 03:40 PM
It will wake this team up and I actually think we have a better chance of winning in Dallas then we do in GB. I think the Cowboys have a better team suited for cold weather with thier running game and it would also help out their poor pass defense. I also think our offense is better suited in Dallas then in GB.

Harlan Huckleby
12-24-2007, 03:43 PM
It will wake this team up and I actually think we have a better chance of winning in Dallas then we do in GB. I think the Cowboys have a better team suited for cold weather with thier running game ]

Cowboys have a better running game and better run defense.

I agree, Packers have just as good of a shot in Dallas.

b bulldog
12-24-2007, 04:00 PM
Are you drunk?

Brandon494
12-24-2007, 04:07 PM
Are you drunk?

Did you not see how we performed in the cold yesterday?

FritzDontBlitz
12-24-2007, 04:33 PM
Optimism is a bad word to some, Brandon, don't take it personal.

b bulldog
12-24-2007, 04:34 PM
yes but I am trying to forget it

Brandon494
12-24-2007, 04:53 PM
Optimism is a bad word to some, Brandon, don't take it personal.

yea I was optimism before the season started as well, unlike some. :wink:

esoxx
12-24-2007, 10:35 PM
I'm not at all happy we lost yesterday. Are you crazy? Losing to our most bitter rival. I don't care what was on the line, any time the Packers lose to the Bears it's a bad thing.
I also don't see this as a positive. This is a young team and getting drubbed this late in the year can zap some confidence. This was not a team with a big head overlooking anyone.
It was just a bad day. They lost. I'm willing to move on.
But by no means was the loss a positive in any way, shape or form.

FritzDontBlitz
12-24-2007, 11:14 PM
I'm not at all happy we lost yesterday. Are you crazy? Losing to our most bitter rival. I don't care what was on the line, any time the Packers lose to the Bears it's a bad thing.
I also don't see this as a positive. This is a young team and getting drubbed this late in the year can zap some confidence. This was not a team with a big head overlooking anyone.
It was just a bad day. They lost. I'm willing to move on.

The loss to the Bears is a great motivational tool for M3 to use. It shows that if you don't learn to deal with adversity, you get your asses kicked. A chilling reminder, if you will.

The Leaper
12-24-2007, 11:28 PM

The loss isn't positive, but there are things that can result from it that will become positives if the players take lessons to heart and realize what they need to do to correct the numerous mental errors that were made.

BF4MVP
12-25-2007, 01:31 AM
I'll let this one slide as long as it doesn't happen again 8-)

mmmdk
12-25-2007, 07:21 AM
Packers were 'snubbed', according to several players, wanted to prove everybody wrong...didn't happen. Play flat in december with games that count then odds ain't good in playoffs.

Lastly, Packers are now a turf/dome team...not all bad but I'm not sure Packers can even make it to a turf/dome during playoffs. Giants are 7-1 on the road plus played well in snowy Buffalo, Seattle is an outstanding outdoors team, Tampa might be the team we want at Lambeau and lastly Skins/Vikings/Saints ain't going to Lambeau unless it's an NFC champions game.

the_idle_threat
12-25-2007, 07:28 AM
Super Bowl is turf/dome. Maybe TT is building a Super Bowl team. :D 8-)

mmmdk
12-25-2007, 08:24 AM
Super Bowl is turf/dome. Maybe TT is building a Super Bowl team. :D 8-)

I guess :)

4and12to12and4
12-25-2007, 04:16 PM
You guys who don't see the good of this loss need to rethink this. Aren't you glad that this final game is meaningless. That in itself is a confidence booster. Our confidence should be fine going into the playoffs. We will go in with the bye with 12 or 13 wins. We're fine. The players all know that those conditions were absolutely ridiculous. I was outside Sunday for 20 minutes, and I bet you some homeless people in Chicago lost their lives. It was unbelievably cold and that 40 mph bitter wind was sick. My eyes were watering when walking against the wind, I almost couldn't even see. Playing in the cold is one thing, playing in that is retarded. The players know that the game was a joke, they won't lose any confidence from it. The good thing is, this week we can regain the rythym of our offense, and get our players off the field before the fourth quarter, and we can play with no pressure. Watch, all the players will be laughing and having a good time on the sidelines, everyone will be loose, and that's a good thing to have going into the playoffs. Let's just stay as healthy as we are. The fact that we just played the Bears, and no one got injured is the most important thing coming out of that game. And now, we know where we stand for the playoffs and get ourselves ready for a home game.

4and12to12and4
12-25-2007, 04:17 PM
Another good thing, the more the Bears win down the stretch here, the worse their draft pick gets. 8-) They're just screwing themselves now.

mission
12-26-2007, 07:55 PM
Another good thing, the more the Bears win down the stretch here, the worse their draft pick gets. 8-) They're just screwing themselves now.

i hadnt thought of that one! :P

Packers4Ever
12-27-2007, 09:45 PM
yes but I am trying to forget it

Awww, give yourself another day or two, b bulldog,
you will begin to feel better and start looking towards this
game coming up - it means we're Home again !! with
thousands cheering the boys on - MUCH better weather
than last Sunday too! :wink: They're shoveling all the
snow out of Lambeau right now, as we speak so hang in
there! (seriously)

Tarlam!
12-28-2007, 02:12 AM
I'll let this one slide as long as it doesn't happen again 8-)

Are you quoting 7 of your professors when they talk to you, BF4MVP?

Hahaha... too funny, Dude.