PDA

View Full Version : Left Brain vs Right Brain

packers11
12-25-2007, 09:16 PM
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,20797,22556678-23272,00.html?from=public_rss

fun test... I CAN only see her spinning clockwise... My brother can only see her spinning counter clock wise... I wish I could see both, funny how the brain works...

packers11
12-25-2007, 09:23 PM
haha after 5 minutes toying around with it, I finally mastered it... Going back and fourth...

Pretty cool 8-)

MJZiggy
12-25-2007, 09:24 PM
I can't. I can only get it to go one way.

BallHawk
12-25-2007, 09:27 PM
At first I saw clockwise, 30 seconds later I got counter-clockwise.

Pretty neat.

coolman3
12-25-2007, 10:02 PM
It looks like the dancer is set to rotate one way for a certain amount of time and then goes the other way.

Methinks the rotations are scripted.

Jimx29
12-25-2007, 10:08 PM
It looks like the dancer is set to rotate one way for a certain amount of time and then goes the other way.

Methinks the rotations are scripted.First thing I did was download it and checked it out in animation shop 3. It's a legit, one way turning .gif

I can get it to change just by scanning from the top of her head down to her toes, and back. Funky indeed 8-)

When breaking it down into frames (34 of them) I see that where frame #1 starts it spiral is just a little bit short of the lady making a complete circle. My guess then is where that little bit of "stutter" is between rotations is where the brain kicks it into the opposite direction.

Oh, BTW......i'm a dropout too, so don't take anything I say as fact :lol:

Here's the #1 frame next to the #34 frame. There you can see the spiral just short of completion

http://i17.tinypic.com/6pfgia9.gif

coolman3
12-25-2007, 10:23 PM

Methinks the rotations are scripted.First thing I did was download it and checked it out in animation shop 3. It's a legit, one way turning .gif

I can get it to change just by scanning from the top of her head down to her toes, and back. Funky indeed 8-)

When breaking it down into frames (34 of them) I see that where frame #1 starts it spiral is just a little bit short of the lady making a complete circle. My guess then is where that little bit of "stutter" is between rotations is where the brain kicks it into the opposite direction.

Here's the #1 frame next to the #34 frame. There you can see the spiral just short of completion

I'm confused. :?

Jimx29
12-25-2007, 11:09 PM

I'm confused. :?Then my work here is done :lol:

the_idle_threat
12-26-2007, 12:56 AM
:lol:

Partial
12-26-2007, 01:01 AM
it spins clockwise. Funny. I consider myself left-brained.

the_idle_threat
12-26-2007, 01:07 AM
I think there's something fishy going on with it. Maybe two gifs switching off randomly. I could get nothing but counterclockwise, and then it switched to nothing but clockwise.

If they had it switch from one to the other at random times, people would readily believe they were causing it to do so by their own concentration.

Zool
12-26-2007, 01:20 AM
I got only clockwise. Also, why did they give her nipples?

the_idle_threat
12-27-2007, 04:22 AM
To get you in trouble at work. :lol:

Harlan Huckleby
12-27-2007, 05:20 PM
my mind is fucked. I find I can make it change directions - how can this be? And I focused in on those breasts as my guide, noting which boob entered first. This is satanic.