PDA

View Full Version : The Patriots Perfect Season

Kiwon
12-26-2007, 06:31 PM
Share your opinion of what you would like to see happen in the Patriots' last game.

Would you rather see them win and accomplish a perfect regular season or would you rather see them lose and blow the opportunity?

the_idle_threat
12-26-2007, 06:42 PM
I voted "lose," but on second thought, I'd rather see them win and then blow it in the playoffs when it really counts. If they blow the perfect season in the last game, it's the kind of thing that could get them all fired up and out for blood in the playoffs.

RashanGary
12-26-2007, 06:48 PM
I hope they get the Jaguars in Foxborough on a cold, windy January day.

packers11
12-26-2007, 07:38 PM
Bulldog were are you... we know you voted that you hope they win... :lol:

coolman3
12-26-2007, 08:21 PM
I hope they get the Jaguars in Foxborough on a cold, windy January day.

The Jaguars suck! They beat a bunch of pansies. They can't beat the Colts so how are they supposed to beat the Patriots?

I see a Colts-Pats AFC championship game with the Pats prevailing.

BTW, I voted I hope they win. They will win. New York plays in the wild card game the following week, and they'll be resting for it.

RashanGary
12-26-2007, 08:42 PM
The Jags are 2nd in rushing and 7th at stopping the run. If NE had to match up without their passing game, the Jags would come out and punch them in the mouth. I think the best chance of taking the Patriots down is in bad weather against the Jaguars.

RashanGary
12-26-2007, 08:43 PM
The Patriots looked mortal against the lowly Jets in bad weather. The Jags have a better run game and are better at stopping the run so the run game vs run game matchup would favor Jax.

coolman3
12-26-2007, 08:53 PM
We'll see. The Jags are what? The #5 seed in the AFC? If they advance pass the wildcard, they likely will play Indy. They won't beat Indy in the dome. Jags can't pass, and they haven't beaten anybody good.

b bulldog
12-26-2007, 09:01 PM
Actually, I think the Jags or the Colts will have a good shot at beating them. The one things is, is that now, all the teams will be playing under some pressure. The Pats have been playing under a good deal of pressure since they beat the Colts. They like to throw the ball so the weather will have an influence in their games. I voted for them to win by the way.

Joemailman
12-26-2007, 09:02 PM
I voted for win. Never liked the '72 Dolphins. Though Griese was an ass.

Freak Out
12-26-2007, 10:02 PM
Damn Kiwon...put a "Don't care" box in there.

Cheesehead Craig
12-27-2007, 12:04 AM
Jax is a big time rushing team and that causes problems for any opponent, and add in that Garrard is a hell of a good QB who rarely makes a mistake. 18 TDs and only 3 INTs is a fantastic ratio. Jax D is very good too giving up the 6th fewest pts in the league. I think they can more than hold their own against Indy or NE.

Oh, and I voted no.

Kiwon
12-27-2007, 12:38 AM

I understand but a lot of the country (Alaska's is part of the US, right?) will be watching Saturday night through the NFL non-network plus CBS and NBC. I am a little surprised that there is so much interest outside of Pats fans.

Are the Pats the new "America's team" or the team that people love to hate?

sepporepi
12-27-2007, 05:55 AM
We'll see. The Jags are what? The #5 seed in the AFC? If they advance pass the wildcard, they likely will play Indy.

I don't think it is so likely that the 6th seed will beat the 3rd.

I expect to Chargers to win this weekend, clinching the 3rd seed and the week after beating the 6th, whether it is Ten or Cle.

So my bet is Colts-Chargers and Pats-Jags for the divisionals.

Bretsky
12-27-2007, 07:33 AM
Just Win Baby

The Leaper
12-27-2007, 07:47 AM
I want them to win...so that when they get their ass kicked in the playoffs by Jacksonville or Indy that it REALLY hurts.

b bulldog
12-27-2007, 07:48 AM
They may lose but they'll never get their butt's kicked

MadtownPacker
12-27-2007, 07:58 AM
They may lose but they'll never get their butt's kickedDoes it really matter? 1 pt or 35 it will go down as a huge upset.

I say undefeated until either the AFC title or the Superbowl.

The Leaper
12-27-2007, 08:30 AM
They may lose but they'll never get their butt's kicked

Losing at home after an undefeated season is getting your ass kicked...regardless.

RashanGary
12-27-2007, 01:06 PM
Jacksonville is the #5 seed because Indy won the division, but Jacksonville is probably the best bad weather team in the NFL and they'll be matching up against the Pats in Foxborough in January. That is going to be the biggest test NE will get all year if the weather is bad.

I think the middle of their defense is pretty good, but beatable. I think their run game is OK, but not as good as Jacksonvilles run defense. If the conditions limit the pass, I could see NE getting beat. If it's a nice day and they can pass, I don't see Jacksonville or anyone else beating NE without a lot of lucky bounces. In that case, NE cements their place in history as the front runner as the greatest ever.

Jerry Tagge
12-27-2007, 01:33 PM
I hope the Giants win on a Tuck Rule Brady interception.

Freak Out
12-27-2007, 07:46 PM
I hope the Giants win on a Tuck Rule Brady interception.

:lol:

I really don't care if they win or lose this game. If BB plays his starters for more than a quarter they probably will win though.

Packers4Ever
12-27-2007, 08:42 PM

I understand but a lot of the country (Alaska's is part of the US, right?) will be watching Saturday night through the NFL non-network plus CBS and NBC. I am a little surprised that there is so much interest outside of Pats fans.

Are the Pats the new "America's team" or the team that people love to hate?

I would choke if I had to call them the new America's Team !!! :twisted:

Bretsky
12-27-2007, 09:43 PM
I'm also sick of seeing the Dolphin Crap

I want to see history

If GB doesn't get there I want to see 19-0

Kiwon
12-29-2007, 09:00 PM
(bump)

Kiwon
12-29-2007, 10:29 PM
Still perfect.