PDA

View Full Version : Rock band - calling out Partial

Rastak
12-27-2007, 10:07 PM
Okay, I'm calling you out to admit you were right!

I got Rock band for x-mas, which is similar to Guitar Hero which I sorta put down after you mentioned it was cool. You were right! It is damn fun! I mainly wanted it for the drum set which is a blast but the guitar is pretty fun too. I didn't think it would be but it is. I highly recommend this game. It's pretty pricey at $170 but you get a small drum set which works pretty much kicks ass. A fake Fender Strat which plays pretty well so to speak. You also get a microphone which only measures pitch so you could sing go pack go all song as long as you were in pitch with the real words.

Great fun.....the wife even digs it...

Tons of fun......Partial was 100% right.

Partial
12-28-2007, 01:20 AM
Not sure what you're talking about as I don't remember the discussion, but I heard the game is a blast. I haven't played it yet but I enjoy guitar hero despite being awful at it. I've got to get a new console so I can play these games.

Tarlam!
12-28-2007, 01:57 AM
Not sure what you're talking about as I don't remember the discussion,

One of you is/was drunk. Don't get me jealous, now!

Rastak
12-28-2007, 05:32 AM
Not sure what you're talking about as I don't remember the discussion, but I heard the game is a blast. I haven't played it yet but I enjoy guitar hero despite being awful at it. I've got to get a new console so I can play these games.

Wasn't a big deal, you said Guitar Hero was cool and I said I heard it was but since I played a real one I'd hate it. Not true, it's still pretty fun.

Yea, Rock Band is a riot. Drums are very cool. The price is a bit expensive for the whole thing but worth it.

Zool
12-28-2007, 07:53 AM

Wasn't a big deal, you said Guitar Hero was cool and I said I heard it was but since I played a real one I'd hate it. Not true, it's still pretty fun.

Yea, Rock Band is a riot. Drums are very cool. The price is a bit expensive for the whole thing but worth it.

GH is fun, but Rock Band kicks GH right in the groin then spits on it while down.

I have since discovered that I suck at drums in video games as well as real life.

MadtownPacker
12-28-2007, 08:24 AM
It sounds great for lowend long-haired rockstar wannabes.

Uh oh, did I just describe Ras? 8-)

Zool
12-28-2007, 08:36 AM

Sorry mad. I'll let you know when Mariachi Hero comes out and you can drive your van down to Circuit City and show off your mural. Vamanos muchachos!

AYE DIOS MIO!

Scott Campbell
12-28-2007, 08:55 AM
......when Mariachi Hero comes out......

ROFL

Rastak
12-28-2007, 10:38 AM

Indeed you did. You missed over the hill though.

MadtownPacker
12-28-2007, 10:55 AM
Sorry mad. I'll let you know when Mariachi Hero comes out and you can drive your van down to Circuit City and show off your mural. Vamanos muchachos!

AYE DIOS MIO!Maybe I will go get it.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/216/486708391_e2e0fbf775.jpg

GBRulz
12-29-2007, 08:35 PM
I played this at my cousins house over Xmas. I kept getting boo'd off the stage.

I suck.

Charles Woodson
12-29-2007, 10:34 PM
Hell yea Rockband is sickkk.... i got it about a month ago.. Ras we should play sometime if you have X-live... And also Call of Duty 4 is a great game... The only thing that guitar hero has on rockband is that the guitar parts are a hell of a lot harder.. but rockband is more fun

Rastak
12-29-2007, 11:27 PM
Hell yea Rockband is sickkk.... i got it about a month ago.. Ras we should play sometime if you have X-live... And also Call of Duty 4 is a great game... The only thing that guitar hero has on rockband is that the guitar parts are a hell of a lot harder.. but rockband is more fun

Playing drums on medium now.....sure, we could play sometime....gamertag is ratsak as one might expect.

Charles Woodson
12-29-2007, 11:44 PM

Playing drums on medium now.....sure, we could play sometime....gamertag is ratsak as one might expect.

mines packer04

GBRulz
02-19-2008, 07:31 PM
ok I bought Rock Band this weekend. How do I play people online? (I have PS3)

Zool
02-20-2008, 12:02 AM

I'll be picking it up this weekend. I'll figure it out then. Are you completely hooked yet?

twoseven
02-20-2008, 03:44 AM
Look at all the gamer rats, love it.

Ras, you probably already know, but your punter Kluwe is ridiculously good at the GH.

Does anyone know if the PS3 is backwards compatible to the GH series and the gutairs (wirless) from the PS2?

Zool
02-20-2008, 07:42 AM
Look at all the gamer rats, love it.

Ras, you probably already know, but your punter Kluwe is ridiculously good at the GH.

Does anyone know if the PS3 is backwards compatible to the GH series and the gutairs (wirless) from the PS2?

The PS3 GH guitars cannot be used on PS3 RockBand. Activision blocked the patch that would have made it possible. PS2 controllers dont work on the PS3. Its all USB and Bluetooth.

GBRulz
02-20-2008, 09:30 AM

I'll be picking it up this weekend. I'll figure it out then. Are you completely hooked yet?

OMG yes! My PS3 ID is gbrulz. I think you just have to add friends to your list , but I'm not sure. And at this point, I don't have any friends. Zool, will you be my friend? :lol:

red
02-20-2008, 09:42 AM
i have guitar hero, it was fun for awhile

but i ended up hating it. i play the real thing at times and playing the fake thing really screws me up

plus they make the songs 50 times harded to play in that game then they are in real life

blah

Zool
02-20-2008, 09:57 AM
i have guitar hero, it was fun for awhile

but i ended up hating it. i play the real thing at times and playing the fake thing really screws me up

plus they make the songs 50 times harded to play in that game then they are in real life

blah

See thats the good thing about Rock Band. Still the same amount of buttons, but the chord progressions make more sense. And dont even get me started about the hammer on-able solo buttons higher up the neck.

Zool
02-20-2008, 09:57 AM

OMG yes! My PS3 ID is gbrulz. I think you just have to add friends to your list , but I'm not sure. And at this point, I don't have any friends. Zool, will you be my friend? :lol:

Heck yeah. I need more friends. Mad's a douche.

SkinBasket
02-20-2008, 10:00 AM
I dont play rockband and I don't play on-line often but you hosers can add the SkinBasket to your lists. I think you can figure out the ID. I would rather have packerrats in my friend list than a bunch of creepy teenagers.

Zool
02-20-2008, 10:02 AM
Damn. I need to run a network cable from my router to my PS3 now. Spose I could go wireless.

SkinBasket
02-20-2008, 10:05 AM
Damn. I need to run a network cable from my router to my PS3 now. Spose I could go wireless.

I went through the effort of running a cable. I don't trust wireless. If you need long cables, monoprice.com is the best source. But you probably knew that because you're a smarty smart ass McSmartson.

Zool
02-20-2008, 10:12 AM

I went through the effort of running a cable. I don't trust wireless. If you need long cables, monoprice.com is the best source. But you probably knew that because you're a smarty smart ass McSmartson.

How'd you know I'm Irish?

MadtownPacker
02-20-2008, 12:49 PM

How'd you know I'm Irish?Your Irish?? Thats cool, now you can just steal the cables from work.

Zool
02-20-2008, 01:12 PM

How'd you know I'm Irish?Your Irish?? Thats cool, now you can just steal the cables from work.

Bring your El Camino around and I'll throw everything in the back. Can you leave the cannery early today?

MadtownPacker
02-20-2008, 01:41 PM
Bring your El Camino around and I'll throw everything in the back. Can you leave the cannery early today?He said cannery.. :lol:

Listen puto gringo the veggies around here are all still in the ground. Unlike you I can get them before they are contaminated with e-coli cuz they got pissed and shitted on.

Zool
02-20-2008, 01:42 PM
Bring your El Camino around and I'll throw everything in the back. Can you leave the cannery early today?He said cannery.. :lol:

Listen puto gringo the veggies around here are all still in the ground. Unlike you I can get them before they are contaminated with e-coli cuz they got pissed and shitted on.

Shit you cant even spell the word Mexican without the word can. Its in your blood pachuko.