PDA

View Full Version : Post Packer Football Careers

Tarlam!
12-28-2007, 02:43 AM
I would have thought Hendo would be sitting in an annoucement box by now. He should, he's good!

I also think Kampy should be an announcer. Or a Preacher.

I truly think Favre should coach WR's when he's done! :shock:

Anybodies crystal ball suggesting post playing careers?

oregonpackfan
12-28-2007, 04:58 AM
Prior to retiring, I hope all professional players heed the advice of a financial planner. There have been too many sad stories of multi-million dollar athletes who become financially destitute after retirement because they did not manage their money wisely while they were playing.

Maxie the Taxi
12-28-2007, 08:27 AM
oregonpackfan makes a good point. On the other hand, some of the current Packer players are already planning for their future careers.

For example, it's a little known fact but Donald Driver and Ryan Pickett have had a long time interest in union activities. Both hold current positions in The IBT and plan to continue that work upon retirement.

Moreover, few know that Charlie Peprah has teamed up with former New England Patriot Lee Saltz. The two are heavily invested and involved in a spice importing business called Saltz and Peprah, Inc.

[For the uniformed, IBT = International Brotherhood of Teamsters]

Scott Campbell
12-28-2007, 08:30 AM
I think Ted should become the Prime Minister of Canada when he's done with football.

Maxie the Taxi
12-28-2007, 08:43 AM
Scott, then Ted could appoint Jon Ryan Goodwill Ambassador to the City of Chicago.

MJZiggy
12-28-2007, 08:45 AM
I think some of these guys actually had majors in college. I know Mark Tauscher has a masters in education so I'm pretty sure of the direction he'd be taking, though he'd be a great public ambassador for literacy campaigns and educational programs.

Fritz
12-28-2007, 09:47 AM
Cletidus Hunt is heavily involved in an import business. Does a lot of buying - some kind of herb or something - from Panama and Columbia. I think he also does his own quality control work.

Badgerinmaine
12-28-2007, 09:51 AM
Moreover, few know that Charlie Peprah has teamed up with former New England Patriot Lee Saltz. The two are heavily invested and involved in a spice importing business called Saltz and Peprah, Inc.

:rs:
Thank you, thank you...I just flew in from Bangor, and are my arms tired...

Scott Campbell
12-28-2007, 09:51 AM
I wonder what Gilbert is up to? Or is he still sitting by the phone.

Fritz
12-28-2007, 09:53 AM
Mike Flanagan will be hired by Mike Sherman at A & M to coach the offensive line.

cpk1994
12-28-2007, 10:20 AM
Mike Flanagan will be hired by Mike Sherman at A & M to coach the offensive line.and BJ Sander will be hired to coach special teams.

packers11
12-28-2007, 10:23 AM
You all forgot about Carroll coaching the secondary down at A&M... :lol:

Cheesehead Craig
12-28-2007, 11:53 AM
I wonder what Gilbert is up to? Or is he still sitting by the phone.
Gilbert's shadow is heavy enough to break the phone.

I know that rookies get the financial planning seminar when they enter the league. Thing is, most players have a financial consultant to handle the oodles of cash they get anyways. I wonder if the league or any team does annual planning seminars or something like that.

FritzDontBlitz
12-28-2007, 11:57 AM

:rs:
Thank you, thank you...I just flew in from Bangor, and are my arms tired...

Bangor? I just met her! :rs:

The Shadow
12-28-2007, 12:30 PM
Mossy Cade should be brought back to counsel young players.
James Lofton should be brought back to improve oral communication.

Jerry Tagge
12-28-2007, 01:29 PM
Estus Hood should be supreme ruler of the universe.

LL2
12-28-2007, 01:59 PM

If this is true it's a cool name for a business.

Former Packer WR Don Beebe coaches HS football and has a training school called House of Speed in the HCicago area.

Jimx29
12-28-2007, 02:52 PM
Esera Tuaolo is teaching male hula dancing

Not sure what happened to Harry Colon or Sanja Beech for that matter

Iron Mike
12-28-2007, 04:15 PM

Estus Hood should be a hot dog vendor. 8-)

cpk1994
12-28-2007, 04:19 PM

Estus Hood should be a hot dog vendor. 8-)I thought that was Ezra Johnson?

Jimx29
12-28-2007, 04:40 PM
[useless trivia crap] Actually Kofi Annan used to be a hotdog vendor at the Macalester College years ago [/useless trivia crap]

Iron Mike
12-28-2007, 05:01 PM

Oh, Christ.....how stupid do I feel? :roll:

Joemailman
12-28-2007, 05:07 PM
Aaron Rodgers could be Vice-President some day.

esoxx
12-28-2007, 06:51 PM

Oh, Christ.....how stupid do I feel? :roll:

I was at that game.

38-0 preseason loss to the Broncos.

Ezra did the right thing.

Harlan Huckleby
12-28-2007, 08:59 PM
if I ever retire from being a Packer fan I think I'll take-up watching cooking shows. There's this cable access show called "La Cuisine du Garage" with two guys in Milwaukee who cook in their garage. Excellent. "Iron Chef" is supposed to be entertaining. And "Hell's Kitchen" is a great reality show about a prick who descends on failing restaraunts and yells at people.

coolman3
12-28-2007, 09:41 PM
Aaron Rodgers could be Vice-President some day.

Vice-President of the Back Up Quarterbacks Association?

MJZiggy
12-28-2007, 10:23 PM
if I ever retire from being a Packer fan I think I'll take-up watching cooking shows. There's this cable access show called "La Cuisine du Garage" with two guys in Milwaukee who cook in their garage. Excellent. "Iron Chef" is supposed to be entertaining. And "Hell's Kitchen" is a great reality show about a prick who descends on failing restaraunts and yells at people.

If I ever retire from being a Packer fan, I'd like a career. :?

esoxx
12-29-2007, 01:25 PM
"Iron Chef" is supposed to be entertaining.

That's my daughter's favorite show. It's a type of cooking competition that is very entertaining.

Harlan Huckleby
12-29-2007, 01:37 PM
Interesting. Is your daughter dating?

esoxx
12-29-2007, 01:44 PM
Not at this time. I'll put in a good word.