PDA

View Full Version : Never too Early?

MJZiggy
05-18-2006, 09:37 PM
Italics included for Bretsky

Notre Dame’s Quinn an early favorite to be the top pick

We realize the ink is barely dry on the list of 2006 NFL draftees, but with draft-tracking continuing to grow into a year-round pastime of major proportions, we decided it’s never too early to take a look at the top candidates expected to come off the top of the ’07 draft board.

While subject to a great deal of change before next year’s draft rolls around, what follows is a quick look at five prominent players who look like the best bets to be selected first at their positions:

Quarterback

Brady Quinn / Notre Dame — Considered to have been a first-round pick had he entered the draft as a junior, Quinn enters his senior year as the early favorite to be the ’07 draft’s top pick. Honing his craft under the watchful eye of former NFL offensive coordinator supreme Charlie Weis certainly doesn’t hurt his chances.

Wide receiver

Calvin Johnson / Georgia Tech, Jr. — Playing with an average quarterback and consistently facing double-teams has limited his production, but Johnson is a physical marvel with outstanding size, great body control and velvet hands.

Offensive tackle

Joe Thomas / Wisconsin — A torn ACL in his right knee suffered this past season could be cause for concern, but Thomas is still the total package. The former tight end has the feet of a ballerina, despite growing into a 6-foot-7, 305-pound giant.

Running back

Adrian Peterson / Oklahoma, Jr. — After slumping as a sophomore due to injuries and a makeshift O-line, Peterson is primed to rebound as a junior. Good balance to bounce off tacklers and breakaway speed set him apart.

Defensive end

Quentin Moses / Georgia — A former hoopster for the Bulldogs, Moses has great athleticism and can wreak havoc off the edge with his ability to bend and rip past pass protectors.

Five other players worthy of special mention: Michigan State QB Drew Stanton, USC OLT Sam Baker (Jr.), Penn State LB Paul Posluszny, Notre Dame WR Jeff Samardzija and Clemson DE Gaines Adams.

Bretsky
05-18-2006, 09:43 PM
Joe Thomas; Some Badger Love.

If he recovers from his torn ACL he will be a perennial Pro Bowler in the NFL.
Hot girlfriend too.

K-town
05-18-2006, 09:46 PM
http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=981

oregonpackfan
05-18-2006, 10:45 PM
Also keep an eye on Tight End Joe Newton of Oregon State.

Joemailman
05-19-2006, 06:41 AM
Since the Packers will be picking about 30th next year, I don't worry about who the top picks will be next year. Maybe Rastak will, though. :D

Fritz
05-19-2006, 06:55 AM
Drew Stanton, Michigan State QB. He runs. He throws - hard. He's accurate.

Rastak
05-19-2006, 07:02 AM
Since the Packers will be picking about 30th next year, I don't worry about who the top picks will be next year. Maybe Rastak will, though. :D

Hey, Scott jumped on me last year when I suggested Green Bay would be picking before the Vikings and I was 100% right. The same will most likely happen next year too. Not sure if it'll be 12 picks earlier though......

Little Whiskey
05-19-2006, 08:44 AM
[quote=route25]

Hey, Scott jumped on me last year when I suggested Green Bay would be picking before the Vikings and I was 100% right.

at least you weren't 60% right, or wrong for that matter :mrgreen:

Iron Mike
05-19-2006, 09:06 AM
Hey, Scott jumped on me last year when I suggested Green Bay would be picking before the Vikings and I was 100% right.

Whoa--I think LW is doing a little bitch-slapping of his own!!!!! :razz:

Pack0514
05-19-2006, 09:26 AM
Joe Thomas; Some Badger Love.

If he recovers from his torn ACL he will be a perennial Pro Bowler in the NFL.
Hot girlfriend too.

Who is his girlfriend, is it someone famous?

Rastak
05-19-2006, 11:33 AM
[quote=route25]

Well I've been half right sometimes....LOL

MadtownPacker
05-19-2006, 11:50 AM
The same will most likely happen next year too. Not sure if it'll be 12 picks earlier though......
As long as the lavender lovers dont win the SB they can go 15-1 and the Packers can miss the playoff but it wont bother me at all. Wait, didnt that happen already? :mrgreen:

Rastak
05-19-2006, 12:00 PM
The same will most likely happen next year too. Not sure if it'll be 12 picks earlier though......
As long as the lavender lovers dont win the SB they can go 15-1 and the Packers can miss the playoff but it wont bother me at all. Wait, didnt that happen already? :mrgreen:

Hey what did I do to deserve to get that kick in the nuts Mad?

:lol:

MadtownPacker
05-19-2006, 12:11 PM
Well then get VT over here! I feel like abusing someone today! :evil:

Rastak
05-19-2006, 12:15 PM
Well then get VT over here! I feel like abusing someone today! :evil:

It might be in my best interest to do that....

mngolf19
05-19-2006, 12:45 PM

Hey what did I do to deserve to get that kick in the nuts Mad?

:lol:

Hey, I'd take that. Beats everything that has happened since then.

MadtownPacker
05-19-2006, 12:52 PM

You never heard of a poster named "Viking Troll" on JSO?

HMm, I asked for him and then......

Rastak
05-19-2006, 12:53 PM

Another Patler? Nah, he doesn't sound at all like VT.

mngolf19
05-19-2006, 01:30 PM

Another Patler? Nah, he doesn't sound at all like VT.

NO,NO,NO LOL I read his stuff on JSO, and that is not me. I just happen to be around this time of day and thought I would blabber. On another note, I keep looking for good avatars and keep finding ones that are too big. :sad:

MJZiggy
05-19-2006, 02:08 PM
Send one to Madtown and he'll fit it for you.

Tarlam!
05-19-2006, 02:11 PM
I miss VT. He was a GREAT troll. Ras is a Packer fan gone purple, not your real troll by any means. Once Golf settles on an avartar (yes, I know how to spell it) well see what he's made of...

Guiness
05-19-2006, 02:25 PM
Funny MTP - I was thinking the same thing, then you posted it. Might be, but not a slam dunk this time.

MadtownPacker
05-19-2006, 07:17 PM
I miss VT. He was a GREAT troll. Ras is a Packer fan gone purple, not your real troll by any means. Once Golf settles on an avartar (yes, I know how to spell it) well see what he's made of...For real big dog, Rastak should cut open a vein and make sure no green blood comes out.

MadtownPacker
05-19-2006, 07:22 PM
NO,NO,NO LOL I read his stuff on JSO, and that is not me. I just happen to be around this time of day and thought I would blabber. On another note, I keep looking for good avatars and keep finding ones that are too big. :sad:
Yeah, you do some class so you cant be VT. He is a real lowlife! :razz:

It is good to have rivals fans, some of the best threads have been started by Rastak. Hell, he even kicked off the draft thread 2 years in a row.

I see you got a avatar on there. If you want something different just email it to me or post a link to it.

Rastak
05-19-2006, 07:36 PM
I miss VT. He was a GREAT troll. Ras is a Packer fan gone purple, not your real troll by any means. Once Golf settles on an avartar (yes, I know how to spell it) well see what he's made of...For real big dog, Rastak should cut open a vein and make sure no green blood comes out.

Purple baby purple.......

edit: Turns out it's red.....

BooHoo
05-19-2006, 08:12 PM

I thought the pack was picking 32nd next year!!!!! The one disadvantage of winning the Super Bowl.

chain_gang
05-19-2006, 08:18 PM

I thought the pack was picking 32nd next year!!!!! The one disadvantage of winning the Super Bowl.

Yes but the Vikings will forget to turn in their pick and the lions pick usually doesn't count. Therefore we'll be picking 30th :smile:

Rastak
05-19-2006, 09:35 PM

Yes but the Vikings will forget to turn in their pick and the lions pick usually doesn't count. Therefore we'll be picking 30th :smile:

Ancient history Chain...they were very prompt once Tice was gone.

Now who they selected could be debated.......