Pacopete4
12-30-2007, 06:57 PM
"what can u say about brett favre, 21 yards rushing... its about time"

Pacopete4
12-30-2007, 06:58 PM
maybe brett read my post earlier this week about the favre i wanna see

RashanGary
12-30-2007, 07:07 PM
I always wonder how much cushion Favre has left in his ankle. I think every one of those runs takes a little something out of him. That said, I agree. He needs to leave it all on the field this year. We need one or two of those every game. They are there.

MJZiggy
12-30-2007, 08:33 PM
Yeah, but Favre got him back. Jones was open 10 yards downfield, but Favre kept it. When a reporter told him of McCarthy's comment, Favre shot back, "It's about time he called a keep pass."

oregonpackfan
12-30-2007, 08:46 PM
I still would rather have Favre throw the ball away rather than run with it. There are loads of linebackers out there who would love to unload on a scrambling 38 year old quarterback!

MJZiggy
12-30-2007, 08:48 PM
I still would rather have Favre throw the ball away rather than run with it. There are loads of linebackers out there who would love to unload on a scrambling 38 year old quarterback!

He didn't need to throw it away. He had Jones 10 yards downfield and he directed him to block for him. And remember this wasn't just any defense--it was Detroit!!

GrnBay007
12-30-2007, 08:50 PM

It was nice to see Favre run with it. But I do agree. How many out there are licking their chops to be "the guy" that took Brett Favre out? It's a sick thought, but I bet there are many that would like their name mentioned in the BF history book.

FritzDontBlitz
12-30-2007, 11:36 PM

It was nice to see Favre run with it. But I do agree. How many out there are licking their chops to be "the guy" that took Brett Favre out? It's a sick thought, but I bet there are many that would like their name mentioned in the BF history book.

I disagree. Why throw the ball away and waste a down when you can get 4 or 5 yards and keep the chains moving? If there's nowhere to run, then certainly get rid of it, but throwaway passes are to to limit negative yardage from sacks.

CaliforniaCheez
12-31-2007, 12:39 AM
1) Nobody expects Brett to run. The defense has to watch for that now.

2) It had to be wide open for Brett to get that many yards.

3) It made up for a lot of -1 yard kneel downs.

Pacopete4
12-31-2007, 01:04 AM
i thought he ran it quite well and was juts fine after.. even had a nice cut back to get an extra 5-10 yards

MadtownPacker
12-31-2007, 02:15 AM
When the chance to get a first down comes up Favre should go for it. He just needed to slide to avoid getting hit.