PDA

View Full Version : Article - Packers Dominate to Finish 13-3

MJZiggy
12-30-2007, 08:26 PM
It was a meaningless game. Just don’t tell that to Brett Favre. Favre and the Packers used this game to remove the sting of the winds of Soldier Field. On a day just as cold, the Green Bay Packers proved that they are as capable of playing in the cold of Green Bay as they always have been. READ MORE (http://packerrats.com)

oregonpackfan
12-30-2007, 08:36 PM
Excellent write-up, MJZiggy!

I was pleased with the overall performance of the team, particularly with so many of the regular starters held out. They appeared both determined and focused.

It was a bright ending to a phenomenal 13-3 season.

Bring on the playoffs! :)

Merlin
12-31-2007, 03:14 AM
Good article. One typo though:

"Favre threw three touchdowns on the day and added to his ownPacker offense highlight reel with a 21-yard run up the sideline for a Packer first down."

Ryan Grant had a 27 yard TD run to start the scoring in the first. Favre was 9/11 for 99 yards and 2 TD's. Craig Nall was 7/15 for 88 yards and 1 TD and Mason Crosby had 2 FG's.

I was shocked that Favre did not take the slide towards the end of his run. He is usually a master at getting that 15 yards unsportsmanlike conduct when he takes the slide. McCarthy probably swallowed his pen when he saw Favre get tackled.

MJZiggy
12-31-2007, 07:53 AM
You're right. I corrected it. I was kinda shocked at that non-slide myself. McCarthy said he wasn't thrilled about the cutback to the middle but didn't seem to be speaking through a pen cap in his throat. Maybe it's a good thing he tucks it into the back of his cap...

Chubbyhubby
12-31-2007, 12:49 PM
Very good write up Mjziggy! It was a great win. This was a remarkable season for the Packers. TT did an awesome job assembling this squad. I bet there will be no TT bashing this off-season. Once again great post MJziggy..

packinpatland
12-31-2007, 05:21 PM
Very, VERY good MJ!!!!! You got talent girl!

Rastak
01-01-2008, 12:38 AM
Very, VERY good MJ!!!!! You got talent girl!

Was this ever in doubt?

4and12to12and4
01-01-2008, 01:56 AM
Excellent work MJ!! Thank you. What a great year. I have to change my name. I thought 12 and 4 was a prayer. 13 WINS!! Unbelievable. If Favre can get us two more, we will probably be facing history and see one of the greatest Superbowls ever. Although I am predicting that the Patriots get ousted in the AFC and the Colts will return to the Superbowl this year. You heard it here first. 8-)

cpk1994
01-02-2008, 12:10 PM
Very good write up Mjziggy! It was a great win. This was a remarkable season for the Packers. TT did an awesome job assembling this squad. I bet there will be no TT bashing this off-season. Once again great post MJziggy..Not to worry. As long as Merlin and Woody are around, there will be plenty of TT bashing.