PDA

View Full Version : Seattle, Tampa Bay or New York

LL2
12-30-2007, 09:10 PM
It will be one of these three teams that will make a trip to Lambeau. Who do you want the Packers to play? My choice....New York. Overall I don't care who we play. I'm excited about the teams chances

GBRulz
12-30-2007, 09:17 PM
I think Seattle will lose to Washington. The TB / NY game is a tough one, I guess it depends which team shows up for NY that day. My gut tells me that the Giants are coming to Lambeau.

My choice is that it's Tampa, simply because of the weather advantage we'd have over them. besides, Gruden is nice to look at on the sideline :wink:

]{ilr]3
12-30-2007, 09:23 PM
besides, Gruden is nice to look at on the sideline :wink:

:whaa: Say What???? :whaa:

Where is the puke icon?

LOL, just kidding.
Sometimes I forget that Women post here :lol:

Bretsky
12-30-2007, 09:26 PM
I don't want to see Seattle

RashanGary
12-30-2007, 09:28 PM
I don't know. They all seem pretty even. I just hope Spitz gets it together. I really don't want to play anyone with Moll starting at RG.

Joemailman
12-30-2007, 09:32 PM
{ilr]3]

Where is the puke icon?

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/sick016.gif

HarveyWallbangers
12-30-2007, 09:41 PM
I don't know. They all seem pretty even. I just hope Spitz gets it together. I really don't want to play anyone with Moll starting at RG.

What?

packinpatland
12-30-2007, 09:43 PM
{ilr]3]

Where is the puke icon?

LOL, just kidding.
Sometimes I forget that Women post here :lol:

Nice of you to capitalize 'Women' :wink: .......there's quite a few of us here you know..........

packinpatland
12-30-2007, 09:44 PM
.........and I'd like to see the Giants visit Lambeau.

MJZiggy
12-30-2007, 09:45 PM
You don't want to see the Bucs shiver?

packinpatland
12-30-2007, 09:46 PM
I'd much rather see Eli get flustered.

Joemailman
12-30-2007, 09:51 PM
As long as the weather doesn't severely hamper the passing game, I'll take Favre against Eli Manning. If passing is difficult, Seattle doesn't have much going offensively.

HarveyWallbangers
12-30-2007, 09:56 PM
Can we get a poll started?

Jimx29
12-30-2007, 09:57 PM
I'd much rather see Eli get flustered.
http://i18.tinypic.com/82ie737.gif

Even if he plays as well as he did Saturday eve.
Playing good for 95% of the game, but there's always that 5% where he falls apart.

Brando19
12-30-2007, 10:29 PM
Here's my prediction...
Washington at Dallas
New York at Green Bay....

and then..

Washington at Green Bay...

and then...

Green Bay v.s. Indianapolis SUPER BOWL!

oregonpackfan
12-30-2007, 11:38 PM
I think the Sea Urchins are the weakest team in the playoffs and would want them to play against the Packers. Their running game is erratic and I think Favre could pick apart their secondary.

VegasPackFan
12-31-2007, 12:57 AM
Just read on ESPN that NY has only one win this whole season against a winning team (wash in week 3)....

I'll take the Giants.

LL2
12-31-2007, 08:51 AM
Here's my prediction...
Washington at Dallas
New York at Green Bay....

and then..

Washington at Green Bay...

and then...

Green Bay v.s. Indianapolis SUPER BOWL!

I like your prediction! I want to see the Patriots get knocked off, and then GB beat the defending champs. I think that most do not seem to have GB figured out will help us.

Jerry Tagge
12-31-2007, 09:31 AM
I think Seattle will lose to Washington. The TB / NY game is a tough one, I guess it depends which team shows up for NY that day. My gut tells me that the Giants are coming to Lambeau.

My choice is that it's Tampa, simply because of the weather advantage we'd have over them. besides, Gruden is nice to look at on the sideline :wink:
Buccaneers are dead. You heard it here first. Giants will beat them Saturday.

I agree with you about Washington beating Seattle. Maybe I just love seeing Walrus lose. Still, the Redskins are on a roll and Seattle hasn't been playing all that great lately.

As for looking at coaches on the sidelines, the only coach I EVER care to see is Mike McCarthy. :wink:

hurleyfan
12-31-2007, 10:09 AM
I think the Sea Urchins are the weakest team in the playoffs and would want them to play against the Packers. Their running game is erratic and I think Favre could pick apart their secondary.

They have a pretty good defense, and their passing attack is now also clicking..

Thnik I'd rather see the G-men or Seahawks than the 'Skins.. That defense is real hot right now! Bad weather, tough to pass... hard to run on that d...

MJZiggy
12-31-2007, 11:57 AM
As for looking at coaches on the sidelines, the only coach I EVER care to see is Mike McCarthy. :wink:

Well, he does have nice eyes but I didn't know he was your type...

packinpatland
12-31-2007, 12:05 PM
I'd just not see any former coaches :wink:

Jerry Tagge
12-31-2007, 12:07 PM

Well, he does have nice eyes but I didn't know he was your type...
MM could look like Quasimodo for all I care as long as he's holding up the Lombardi Trophy on February 3, 2008. That's all I care about.

Now, if we're talking eye candy, I hope the Packers play the Cowboys so I can see lots of Jessica whats-her-name.

Fritz
01-01-2008, 08:54 AM
The three or four times I've seen the Giants play on TV this year (why were they on so much, anyway?), they look pretty unorganized and sputtering. I don't think much of them, or of Eli Manning.

Haven't seen the Seabags, but a Mike Holmgren-coached team can be dangerous. The Bucs seem tough but I'd love to see a warm-weather team come to Lambeau.

So, to me, the Giants would be good to see, then the Bucs, then the SeaBags.

Badgerinmaine
01-01-2008, 09:37 AM
Thnik I'd rather see the G-men or Seahawks than the 'Skins.. That defense is real hot right now! Bad weather, tough to pass... hard to run on that d...
If we're playing Washington, that means we're in the title game at Lambeau--can't play them before that. As for the first Packer game, I still think I'd take the Giants. But--Pessimistic as I am inclined to be, I think the Packers can beat any of the three potential opponents.

b bulldog
01-01-2008, 02:18 PM
Skins(if owens remains injured) against the Packers at Lambeau. Tampa will be our opponenet the prior week.

Packers4Ever
01-02-2008, 07:08 PM

Hey GBR ! Are you a "Chuckie" fan too ???? :wink: He can be a real distraction !!

I'm swinging between Tampa and the Giants, we did a pretty good job
knocking NY over early in the season at their house, 35-13 if that means much today... Manning can be sharp - or sluggish, depending. So yes, I'll go with the Giants and let the chips fall....

RashanGary
01-02-2008, 07:38 PM
One nice thing about the playoffs is that the Packers play the divisional playoff game on Saturday and then play Dallas on Sunday. Dallas plays Sunday/Sunday. This gives us an extra day to prepare/recover for the Dallas game.

This is just a small factor, but little outside factors can add up.

I also think McCarthy is doing the right thing by giving his guys time off. They can go out, unwind, recover and get recharged for a full commitment to the post season. Joseph Addai said last season was a real grind for him. He said he was emotionally drained by the time the season ended. He said it was tough to battle through week after week. It seems to me a break up like this can go a long way toward taking the edge off a long season.

The other obvious benefit is resting our Dline because we need every one of them to be damn near 100% to win. If our Dline steps up and plays like they did early in the year, I think it will be tough to beat the Packers.

Going into the Cowboy game, it seemed like everythign was against the Packers from injuries to scheduling to playing the away game. This time around, everything (except home field) is ideal for Greenbay.

Everything is kind of lining up for a nice playoff run. It's definitly exciting.

Partial
01-03-2008, 02:39 PM
This weekend will be the Eli Manning coming out party. 4 TD performance baby!

The Leaper
01-03-2008, 02:48 PM
This weekend will be the Eli Manning coming out party. 4 TD performance baby!

Didn't he already do this last week? Or are you saying this weekend will be the coming out party because he threw 4 TDs last week?

I'm confused.

Zool
01-03-2008, 02:52 PM
I thought Peyton was the homosexual?

Scott Campbell
01-03-2008, 02:53 PM
Joseph Addai said last season was a real grind for him.

He was also a rookie last season, so I'm sure the season did seem longer than his college experience. Baseball and basketball seasons are a lot longer.