PDA

View Full Version : GB plays Colts, Cowboys at HOME in 08

motife
12-31-2007, 08:49 AM
If Green Bay finishes 13-3 next year they're going to REALLY good.

Home :
Indianapolis 13-3
Houston 8-8
Dallas 13-3
Carolina 7-9
Atlanta 4-12

Away :
Jacksonville 11-5
Tennessee 10-6
Seattle 10-6
Tampa Bay 9-7
New Orleans 7-9

Home & Away :
Minnesota 8-8
Chicago 7-9
Detroit 7-9

MJZiggy
12-31-2007, 08:53 AM
Pack v. Houston for the Posters Game anyone?

Cheesehead Craig
12-31-2007, 08:57 AM
Wow, that AFC South division is toughest in the league. Tough, tough schedule next year.

MadtownPacker
12-31-2007, 08:59 AM
Pack v. Houston for the Posters Game anyone?Ummm, did you miss atlanta?

MJZiggy
12-31-2007, 09:01 AM

I was just thinking Packers North v. Packers South...

RashanGary
12-31-2007, 09:05 AM
Yikes, I wasn't buying all of the "our schedule is horrible" crap last year, but I'll buy it this time. That is brutal.

I put Indy, Tennessee, Jacksonville and Dallas right at the top of the who's who among scary, young NFL teams.

Jerry Tagge
12-31-2007, 09:29 AM

I was just thinking Packers North v. Packers South...
Shermy's gone and he's probably taking Flanagan with him. Samkon was cut earlier this year and finished the year with Miami. Who knows if Ahman Green is going to play next year and even if he does will he be healthy when they play the Pack?

Dallas or Indianapolis should be the poster game. I have to believe one of the two will be a prime time game, if not both.

GBRulz
12-31-2007, 09:44 AM
Dallas or Indianapolis should be the poster game. I have to believe one of the two will be a prime time game, if not both.

That is exactly what we want to avoid. Tix are too hard to get.

Although it could be quite comical to have it at home vs Dallas and seeing all you guys in blonde wigs

Jerry Tagge
12-31-2007, 09:46 AM

That is exactly what we want to avoid. Tix are too hard to get.

Although it could be quite comical to have it at home vs Dallas and seeing all you guys in blonde wigs
Plan ahead. :wink:

I have my life size Jessica Simpson poster ready for the Dallas game. I got the poster only to distract Romo. Really, that's the only reason. Really it is.

Really.

Jimx29
12-31-2007, 09:48 AM
13-3
no problem

you heard it here first :)

BallHawk
12-31-2007, 09:49 AM
Man, there aren't really any gimmees on that schedule. Sure, there's a lot that can happen between then and now, but that schedule is tough.

packinpatland
12-31-2007, 09:52 AM

I'm with you Mad............let's plan for one where our chances are pretty good and the tickets won't be through the roof.

Bretsky
12-31-2007, 10:00 AM

I'm with you Mad............let's plan for one where our chances are pretty good and the tickets won't be through the roof.

Agree

You guys already made GB lose homefied advantage by going to the Bears game; now let's go see a cupcake to see if we can bring a win home this time

Plus finding tix for the Bear game was rough; picking a game easier to find tix for would be better for most.

GBRulz
12-31-2007, 10:06 AM
I don't want to hear Mad bitch about how hot it is, so I think the posters game should be in Dec.

SkinBasket
12-31-2007, 10:19 AM

The other problem being some people have to leave after the game. Asking Bretsky to drive home after another loss late at night might kill him.

packinpatland
12-31-2007, 10:31 AM

Agree

You guys already made GB lose homefied advantage by going to the Bears game; now let's go see a cupcake to see if we can bring a win home this time

Plus finding tix for the Bear game was rough; picking a game easier to find tix for would be better for most.

You make it sound like you weren't there!!!!!

Bretsky
12-31-2007, 10:41 AM

Agree

Green Bay is 3-0 in games I attended :wink:

Dam Brother took the tickets !

Bretsky
12-31-2007, 10:42 AM

The other problem being some people have to leave after the game. Asking Bretsky to drive home after another loss late at night might kill him.

Especially if Nutz acts like a Bear fan and taunts me after the defeat :lol: again

packinpatland
12-31-2007, 10:56 AM

Agree

Green Bay is 3-0 in games I attended :wink:

Dam Brother took the tickets !

I'm confused ( and that's easily done nowdays), you were at the tailgate, but not the game?

Fosco33
12-31-2007, 10:57 AM
6 2007 Playoff teams and a few that were close (NO, MIN). That is rough.

Bretsky
12-31-2007, 11:11 AM
I'm confused ( and that's easily done nowdays), you were at the tailgate, but not the game?

I just partied

I didn't have tickets to the game so I just watched it with Harv, SF, Skin, and Nutz at the bar

Jerry Tagge
12-31-2007, 11:31 AM
Wouldn't it be great if the season opener is Dallas at Green Bay on Thursday night?

Heck, it would be great if that was the opening Sunday night game.

oregonpackfan
12-31-2007, 11:49 AM
I don't want to hear Mad bitch about how hot it is, so I think the posters game should be in Dec.

GBRulz,

You don't want to hear me bitch about how "Cold" it is in December! :lol:
No, my cold weather endurance days are long gone since I moved to Oregon. I can't tolerate cold weather anymore. :(

As far as Madtown whining about the "Hot" October weather in Wisconsin, you have to remember he is a California guy. Californians are well known for their whining! :)

I support the Packer Rats who want the "08 gathering to be with a marginal team like Houston. It makes tickets easier and less expensive to get. Besides, the main focus will be meeting with each other rather than the opponent of the Packers.

packers11
12-31-2007, 11:54 AM
hopefully the packers play the colts in late November early December...

BallHawk
12-31-2007, 11:55 AM
Wouldn't it be great if the season opener is Dallas at Green Bay on Thursday night?

I'd think the NFL would wait until later in the season for a prime game like that. Why waste one of your best games on opening night?

MJZiggy
12-31-2007, 12:12 PM

Let him bitch. I vote for September. If we do this when it's cold, I'm gonna need a lap to keep me warm--it's the only way I'll survive it.

MadtownPacker
12-31-2007, 12:23 PM
Who cares about your survival! There are plenty of white people to spare in WI.

Again, it wasn't hot. 80 degrees aint shit. The humidity was what was messed up. I couldn't breath in that crap.

But I think its agreed that the posters game needs to be a noontime game against a non-marquee opponent. From what I understand no one that actually went to the get together actually voted for the bears game.

GBRulz
12-31-2007, 12:36 PM
There can still be cold games in Sept. I remember the MNF game against the Redskins...the first game on National TV after 9/11. As if seeing our flag displayed out over the field wasn't enough to give one goosebumps...the 40 degrees certainly was.

Then again, I remember a late Oct game vs Tampa and I got sunburn. yes, at Lambeau :)

I say we stick with October again though... it's usually NOT 80 degrees and humid at kickoff !

packinpatland
12-31-2007, 12:59 PM
I suggest we have two polls.
First one from PR's who went and probably will go again........and then one from the rest.

October SHOULD be the best month as far as weather. :roll:

Jerry Tagge
12-31-2007, 01:36 PM

I'd think the NFL would wait until later in the season for a prime game like that. Why waste one of your best games on opening night?
NBC made the right call on having Dallas at Chicago in week 3. Imagine if that had been the Thursday night game in November instead of Green Bay at Dallas.

Put some good games on early. You never know what could happen later. I'm sure NBC looked at possibly flexing New Orleans at Chicago for week 17 early in the year. Look how that turned out.

Jerry Tagge
12-31-2007, 01:38 PM
There can still be cold games in Sept. I remember the MNF game against the Redskins...the first game on National TV after 9/11. As if seeing our flag displayed out over the field wasn't enough to give one goosebumps...the 40 degrees certainly was.

Then again, I remember a late Oct game vs Tampa and I got sunburn. yes, at Lambeau :)

I say we stick with October again though... it's usually NOT 80 degrees and humid at kickoff !
You have a good memory GBRulz.

I'm thinking the game against Tampa Bay was either 1996 or 1997. I think 1997 was played in either early or middle October so it had to be 1996.

I have a good memory too. :wink:

BananaMan
12-31-2007, 03:21 PM
I look at that schedule and see 10 pretty easy wins.

We can win at least 5 of the 6 division games, and then beat Tampa Bay, Seattle, Atlanta, New Orleans, and Carolina.

All the games after that could go either way.

MJZiggy
12-31-2007, 03:24 PM
Hey Nana Man!! Good to see that avatar again--Nice to see some optimism in this thread