Bretsky
12-31-2007, 09:41 AM
1. Dallas 1. New England
2. Green Bay 2. Indy
3. Seattle 3. San Diego
4. Tampa Bay 4. Pittsburg
5. NY Giants 5. Jacksonville
6. Washington 6. Tennessee

GENERAL THOUGHTS WHEN YOU COMPARE THE QUALITY OF PLAYOFF TEAMS ?

IF GB brings their A game, which teams would still scare you ?

BallHawk
12-31-2007, 09:46 AM
I think that the for the first 3 seeds in each conference it's pretty even, with the AFC obviously getting the edge.

Seeds 4-6 really show the strength of the AFC compared to the NFC. Jacksonville would absolutely destroy New York and if the Steelers were playing like they were earlier in the season they'd probably blow out the Bucs. I think Cleveland was a better team than Tennessee, but I still think TEN would beat Washington.

If the seeds in each conference went head-to-head I think the closest game would be Indy versus Green Bay, even though I'd be inclined to pick Indy to win.

Bretsky
12-31-2007, 09:57 AM
I think the AFC strength is even greater

If Green Bay plays their A game the only team IMO they might lose to in the NFC is Dallas. They still scare me

If Green Bay brings their A game I could still see them losing to NE, Indy, SD, Jacksonville, and maybe Pitt in the AFC if those teams play well

hoosier
12-31-2007, 10:50 AM
I think the AFC strength is even greater

If Green Bay plays their A game the only team IMO they might lose to in the NFC is Dallas. They still scare me

If Green Bay brings their A game I could still see them losing to NE, Indy, SD, Jacksonville, and maybe Pitt in the AFC if those teams play well

Pittsburgh without Parker, Jacksonville without Stroud--assuming both teams are playing well I don't think either of them can compete with Green Bay at this point. Green Bay would also beat a Norv Turner led SD IMO barring a big letdown. The interesting question is, which of these teams are most likely to lay an egg in the playoffs?

RashanGary
12-31-2007, 10:57 AM
AFC and NFC would be even if you took NE and Indy out. Dallas and Greenbay are comparable to San Diego and Jacksonville.

BallHawk
12-31-2007, 11:05 AM
AFC and NFC would be even if you took NE and Indy out. Dallas and Greenbay are comparable to San Diego and Jacksonville.

I think both teams would beat Jacksonville. San Diego would pose a challenge against both, though, probably more so for Green Bay than for Dallas.

Bretsky
12-31-2007, 11:39 AM
Agree Ballhawk

BUT head to head I think every AFC seed would beat the NFC seed most of the time except for Washington over Tennessee

BallHawk
12-31-2007, 11:51 AM
Agree Ballhawk

BUT head to head I think every AFC seed would beat the NFC seed most of the time except for Washington over Tennessee

I agree with that.