Year 10 for Moss was 98 catches for 1493 and 23 TD's

Jerry Rice
About 13,800 yards
819 Receptions
131 TD's

Year 10 for Rice was 112 catches for 1499 yards and 13 TD's

Rice had one more huge year in year 11 and then his stats started going down

Moss seems to have had his career revived in New England with Brady

Years 18 and 19 for Rice weren't too shabby (the OAK/Rich Gannon years). His stats in SF went down for a while because he blew out his knee and then, by the time he returned, TO had started to emerge. But it's not as if Rice was over the hill after year 11.

Patler
12-31-2007, 10:36 AM
I will admit, I thought his years in Oakland took Moss' game away. I thought he would be better somewhere else, but I did not believe he could still be the player he had been in MN.

oregonpackfan
12-31-2007, 11:55 AM
I have always said that if Randy Moss had the work ethic and mindset of Jerry Rice, he would outperform Rice any day. This season has proven that when he is focused(or focused by others) he can be one of the best to ever play receiver in the NFL.

Yes, Moss has surprised me. Prior to the start of the season, I thought he would have been in Belichick's dog house by game 10.

PaCkFan_n_MD
12-31-2007, 11:57 AM
Moss is the best I have ever seen play at WR. Without him the pats would not be 16-0. If I was to vote for MVP, I would vote for him over both Brady and Favre.

Kiwon
12-31-2007, 05:21 PM
Moss is the best I have ever seen play at WR. Without him the pats would not be 16-0. If I was to vote for MVP, I would vote for him over both Brady and Favre.

Somebody had to thrown him the ball. Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

The Pats offensive scheme and coaching had a lot to do with the success of both Brady and Moss this season.

It's really a statement for a team to retool at key positions (offense and defense) like the Pats did and enjoy the success they did. Their coaches and personnel guys did an outstanding job.

vince
12-31-2007, 05:39 PM

The Pats offensive scheme and coaching had a lot to do with the success of both Brady and Moss this season.

It's really a statement for a team to retool at key positions (offense and defense) like the Pats did and enjoy the success they did. Their coaches and personnel guys did an outstanding job.
It also has a lot to do with the line. The Raiders line was terrible, and even Moss needs some time to get open. With as much time as Brady consistently has to throw, he and Moss have absolutely toyed with defenders.

PaCkFan_n_MD
12-31-2007, 07:04 PM

It also has a lot to do with the line. The Raiders line was terrible, and even Moss needs some time to get open. With as much time as Brady consistently has to throw, he and Moss have absolutely toyed with defenders.

I agree with both of you, but I'm also tried of QB's getting all the love. He doesn't throw for 50 td's and only 8 picks without Moss. 23 receiving td's is more impressive to me than 50 td passes.

RashanGary
12-31-2007, 08:26 PM
Randy Moss is the greatest deep threat I've ever seen.

Freak Out
12-31-2007, 08:31 PM

He has taken the Mike Irvin push off to all new heights.

He is an amazing receiver.

Scott Campbell
12-31-2007, 08:53 PM

I'll concede that once he wins the big game. And that might not take too long.

Rastak
12-31-2007, 11:51 PM
I will admit, I thought his years in Oakland took Moss' game away. I thought he would be better somewhere else, but I did not believe he could still be the player he had been in MN.

I agree. He was so dinged up I figured he would end his career hurt all the time. His motivation has been under question for a long time but his talent never was.

esoxx
01-01-2008, 04:42 PM

I agree. He was so dinged up I figured he would end his career hurt all the time. His motivation has been under question for a long time but his talent never was.

Remember when I called Moss still an elite WR last season and was widely panned? He's got game.

Deputy Nutz
01-01-2008, 06:47 PM
Makes one hell of a smoothie.

Besides he is the most talented player the game has ever seen, proof is 2007.

GrnBay007
01-03-2008, 09:37 PM
Jerry Rice Calls Randy Moss Comments a 'Slap in the Face, But That's Typical of Randy'
by Michael David Smith

Patriots wide receiver Randy Moss broke the all-time single-season receiving touchdowns record of Jerry Rice on Saturday, and after the game, Moss told reporters this:

"I don't think me breaking Jerry Rice's record is special," Moss said. "I think shutting you guys up is what made it special, all the negativity, all my critics."

Rice knows a thing or two about breaking records, and when he broke the records of the great receivers who came before him, he always showed respect for those receivers. So how did Rice feel about Moss saying breaking his record wasn't special? On a radio interview Wednesday, Rice said, "I's almost like a little slap in the face, but that's typical of Randy Moss."

Ouch. As great a player as Moss is, he's always lacked Rice's work ethic, both on the field and during the off-season, and he's always lacked Rice's classy, dignified approach to the game. Rice is right to say what he said about Moss.

woodbuck27
01-04-2008, 06:06 PM

Drum Rooooollllllllll !! :)