PDA

View Full Version : The Groovy, Psychedelic Super Bowl Bus

RashanGary
12-31-2007, 10:02 AM
Here’s how it works. Bad is good and good is bad. The shackles of consequence no longer imprison us. This is the ride of free spirit, indulgence and liberation. We all get up in our own little worlds, lift some weights like we do every morning, look in the mirror at our six pack abs, bulging biceps and huge intimidating manhoods. Yeah baby, groovy.

Tarlam takes the wheel with the skill of Dale Earnhardt and the balls of Clint Eastwood in Unforgiven. He opens his flask of whisky, takes a shot and fires up the engine. Remember, bad is good and good is bad. The more Tarlam drinks, the better he drives. He slams his foot down, leaving San Francisco like a bat out of hell. He picks up Madtown, Bretsky, Harvey, woodbuck, bulldog, mob deep, Partial, Nutz, Tank, Ballhawk, HH, Skin, Swede, Freakout, retailguy, LL2, Scott Cambell, BF4MVP, guiness, Zool, Red, ND72, Motlife, fritzdontblitz, Rastak (a converted Packer fan from Minnesota), Badgerinmaine, Orgeon, Vince, Fosco, Iron Mike, Esoxx, Little Whiskey, KY, Kiwan, gbgary, carolina, Shadow, Tony Oday, CharlesWoodson, Tyrone bigguns, Wist, Patler, Merlin, mraynrand, joemailman, numb, mmmdk, idle, packfaninmd and anyone else who wants a ride on the groovy, psychedelic superbowl bus. Finally we stop in Milwaukee to pick up all of the PR gals who are being pampered by the Midwest’s finest stud muffin masseuse, Brett. I know what you guys are thinking, this is going to be a major drag, right? These girls are going to bring reality to the liberation cruise. Well, it’s not happening. We’re all the man in this world and they want nothing more but to please us (and each other if Bretsky so wishes). The wives and girlfriend are on too, but instead of laying down the law and shaping us up, they just pump up our egos and following our directions. Also, in this world, we are always right and smarter than they are.

Off we go, boobies bouncing, drinks spilling, joints burning. It’s the 2008 Psychedelic Super Bowl Bus. Nothing is bad, everything good. Enjoy the ride and the high 8-)

PaCkFan_n_MD
12-31-2007, 11:08 AM
:D lets ride until we reach the desert!!!

Jerry Tagge
12-31-2007, 11:29 AM
I just hope the groovy, psychedelic bus drivers don't go on strike. :D

Freak Out
12-31-2007, 11:32 AM
The bus needs to make the trip up the Alcan to pick me up. Well....I could meet it at the Canadian border if need be.

oregonpackfan
12-31-2007, 11:39 AM
I am willing to be a rider on the PR Super Bowl bus. I am not sure if I want Tarlam driving while swigging whiskey! :) Bring back Tarlam with the rest of us passengers and have someone more organized and direction-oriented like MJZiggy, GBrulz, or Madtown driving the bus.

LL2
12-31-2007, 11:43 AM
I'll go along for the ride if you swing through Chicagoland. I'm all for any ride that has "boobies bouncing" and Packer football!

Bretsky
12-31-2007, 11:43 AM
I'm on board; ready to watch some grailee dances too :lol:

RashanGary
12-31-2007, 11:44 AM
Sorry if I forgot anyone. I went through the list and tried to get most with over 1,000 posts.

RashanGary
12-31-2007, 11:48 AM
How in the hell could I forget kinky rat and playboy rat? I'm going back and editing the list.

MJZiggy
12-31-2007, 11:49 AM
I am willing to be a rider on the PR Super Bowl bus. I am not sure if I want Tarlam driving while swigging whiskey! :) Bring back Tarlam with the rest of us passengers and have someone more organized and direction-oriented like MJZiggy, GBrulz, or Madtown driving the bus.

Hey!! I drove last time dammit!! And don't let Mad choose the direction--we'll end up in Maine! I think it's time we hire a driver with nothing better to do--like Bearman for instance...

RashanGary
12-31-2007, 11:52 AM
I think it's time we hire a driver with nothing better to do--like Bearman for instance...

:rs:

BallHawk
12-31-2007, 11:53 AM
How the hell is Tank on the bus and I am not?!

Muck. :evil:

:wink:

oregonpackfan
12-31-2007, 12:01 PM

Hey!! I drove last time dammit!! And don't let Mad choose the direction--we'll end up in Maine! I think it's time we hire a driver with nothing better to do--like Bearman for instance...

Bearman as the Driver? No Way! Not until he completes his "Spelling for Dummies" program!

While trying to read the map, he could end up driving the bus into the Chicago River! :)

MadtownPacker
12-31-2007, 12:07 PM
A SB bus?? Hell yeah!!! No need to worry about interstate trafficking laws! :smk:

Let's ride til the wheels fall off!!!

Freak Out
12-31-2007, 12:29 PM
There's nothing quite like a bus full of huge intimidating manhoods to attract the bouncing boobies.

esoxx
12-31-2007, 01:05 PM
I'm down with this ride! I'm having the bus renovated to include a stripper pole. A must have.

Freak Out
12-31-2007, 01:19 PM
Definitely not bringing the wife on this trip..........

Bretsky
12-31-2007, 01:24 PM
With Esoxx organizing the pole (don't forget about the dark room) I think mine may stay home as well :lol:

packinpatland
12-31-2007, 01:35 PM
There's nothing quite like a bus full of huge intimidating manhoods to attract the bouncing boobies.

Oh Good God! Even tho I got 'not mentioned', I was willing to put that aside and bring homemade brownies :wink: ............but not now!

RashanGary
12-31-2007, 01:46 PM
Oh Good God! Even tho I got 'not mentioned', I was willing to put that aside and bring homemade brownies :wink: ............but not now!

I listed the girls as a group so I didn't really insult anyone with the booby comments. If I started putting names to boobs, I thought it might get out of hand :) Plus, I don't have the best relationship with the PR girls so I just sort of made it like a no rules batchelor party type atmosphere.

oregonpackfan
12-31-2007, 03:37 PM
If the PR girls aren't coming, then I don't want to ride the bus. They bring a considerable amount of civility to this group! :)

MJZiggy
12-31-2007, 04:19 PM

Keeping in mind that the boobies require huge, intimidating manhoods to materialize, I think the brownies are probably still needed... :taunt: :mrgreen: :jig:

Charles Woodson
12-31-2007, 04:29 PM

whos got the weed then? :D

Fosco33
12-31-2007, 04:51 PM
As long as this psychedelic ride is cool with me and MTP celebrating the GREEN Bay victory, then I'm down. :mrgreen:

MJZiggy
12-31-2007, 04:53 PM
You're not sharing? I thought that's what the brownies were for anyway...

BallHawk
12-31-2007, 05:08 PM
I'll bring the Smirnoff............ :wink:

Freak Out
12-31-2007, 05:13 PM

Keeping in mind that the boobies require huge, intimidating manhoods to materialize, I think the brownies are probably still needed... :taunt: :mrgreen: :jig:

Probably going to need something stronger......LSD...shrooms? :lol:

Fosco33
12-31-2007, 05:25 PM
You're not sharing? I thought that's what the brownies were for anyway...

I'm generous - what goes around... goes around :lol:

Tarlam!
12-31-2007, 05:38 PM
I'm supposed to drive? F%$%§"§(k that. But I will ride. Me and Johnnie that is... :lol:

Bretsky
12-31-2007, 09:06 PM
If the PR girls aren't coming, then I don't want to ride the bus. They bring a considerable amount of civility to this group! :)

If the PR gals don't come Skin and Nutz will kick the driver out and take us to the b@@bie bar anyways

Then again if the PR gals come they'll do the same :lol:

LL2
01-01-2008, 08:42 AM
I'm down with this ride! I'm having the bus renovated to include a stripper pole. A must have.

You got that right! Install a stripper ploe and a couch for lap dances. Also, make sure there are plenty of flat screen tv's for sports and football.

BallHawk
01-01-2008, 09:48 AM

You got that right! Install a stripper ploe and a couch for lap dances. Also, make sure there are plenty of flat screen tv's for sports and football.

We can get somebody to bring a Wii and somebody to bring Rock Band. :shock:

GrnBay007
01-01-2008, 09:51 AM

stripper poles and lap dances? I'm not sharing my Wii. ick!

:P

Bretsky
01-01-2008, 09:53 AM

stripper poles and lap dances? I'm not sharing my Wii. ick!

:P

You'll be too busy; I'm buying you the first Lapper :lol:

GrnBay007
01-01-2008, 09:57 AM
You'll be too busy; I'm buying you the first Lapper :lol:

B---> :butt: <---me

:D

GBRulz
01-01-2008, 10:02 AM

LOL !!! Now that's funny.....putting Mad and Zig in the same sentence as being direction-orientated!!! :lol:

MJZiggy
01-01-2008, 10:07 AM
This is what I get for listening... :lol:

Hey--sudden thought!! It doesn't matter who drives cause Tarlam will be sitting in the passenger seat with his good buddy Johnny telling the driver which way to turn and he'll be right every time! He's very talented that way.

MadtownPacker
01-01-2008, 10:55 AM
..have someone more organized and direction-oriented like MJZiggy, GBrulz, or Madtown driving the bus.

LOL !!! Now that's funny.....putting Mad and Zig in the same sentence as being direction-orientated!!! :lol:Screw OPF for putting me in the same sentence as two FEMALE drivers! :x

Now that I have been to GB I will know my way around better. It wasn't as small as I expected at all. Of course everyone being white was making me feel unbalanced and sorta lost anyways. :lol:

RashanGary
01-01-2008, 11:05 AM
The last time I got really drunk was a couple years ago in Chicago. We were at the hard rock cafe. We walked from our downtown hotel (which was about a mile away). I drank a bottle of kick ass $12 merlot in our hotel room before we left. For some reason, I just couldn't stop, it was a good bottle, it only costed $12 and the more I drank the more I became outwardly enamoured with the cost vs quality ratio of that wonderfull bottle of Jacobs Creek Merlot. Anyway, we got to the hard rock cafe. I think the Merlot I drank was doing teh ordering because I started ordering long island ice teas. By the time we left, I was thoroughly and regrettably drunk. My wife isn't great with direction so she was counting on a drunk moron to get her back to the hotel. She said I'd look at my map, kind of stumble and fall as I glanced at the street signs and then not say a word and just stumble in what appeared to be a random direction. She was scared shitless because we're not city folk and we were in downtown Chicago at 1:00AM. Every wrong turn is a couple minutes out of your way and a tenth of a mile. 5 mistakes (with decision time) and you're walking for an extra half hour. She said the next day that it was amazing. She said she'd never seen me so drunk and that maybe she'd never seen anyone so drunk, but I took us turn after turn straight back to the hotel when it looked like I couldn't even see the map, let alone the street signs. I guess when I got back to the hotel I took of all of my cloths and ate triple decker chocholate cake in the nude with my fingers, sometimes changing style to eating it out of a dish like a dog. Story goes, I didn't get any love from the wifey that night.

Tarlams direction thing reminded me of the sense of direction story if you guys are wondering where the hell that came from.

Freak Out
01-01-2008, 11:16 AM
The last time I got really drunk was a couple years ago in Chicago. We were at the hard rock cafe. We walked from our downtown hotel (which was about a mile away). I drank a bottle of kick ass $12 merlot in our hotel room before we left. For some reason, I just couldn't stop, it was a good bottle, it only costed $12 and the more I drank the more I became outwardly enamoured with the cost vs quality ratio of that wonderfull bottle of Jacobs Creek Merlot. Anyway, we got to the hard rock cafe. I think the Merlot I drank was doing teh ordering because I started ordering long island ice teas. By the time we left, I was thoroughly and regrettably drunk. My wife isn't great with direction so she was counting on a drunk moron to get her back to the hotel. She said I'd look at my map, kind of stumble and fall as I glanced at the street signs and then not say a word and just stumble in what appeared to be a random direction. She was scared shitless because we're not city folk and we were in downtown Chicago at 1:00AM. Every wrong turn is a couple minutes out of your way and a tenth of a mile. 5 mistakes (with decision time) and you're walking for an extra half hour. She said the next day that it was amazing. She said she'd never seen me so drunk and that maybe she'd never seen anyone so drunk, but I took us turn after turn straight back to the hotel when it looked like I couldn't even see the map, let alone the street signs. I guess when I got back to the hotel I took of all of my cloths and ate triple decker chocholate cake in the nude with my fingers, sometimes changing style to eating it out of a dish like a dog. Story goes, I didn't get any love from the wifey that night.

Tarlams direction thing reminded me of the sense of direction story if you guys are wondering where the hell that came from.

Funny story man.....but $12 for a bottle of Jacobs Creek? You got robbed. :lol:

Bretsky
01-01-2008, 11:18 AM

The last time I got really drunk I ended up at a backbar with Nutz watching some really hot gal to gal Asians dance grinding all over each other.

GBRulz
01-01-2008, 12:59 PM

What kind of a dump did you stay at in Chicago where they sold a bottle of wine for $12? :lol:

Just kidding with ya...kinda. I say this because I was in Chicago a couple of months ago and we stayed at the Drake...where bottled water was $10. It was Evian, not even close to being "fancy" by bottled water standards!

GBRulz
01-01-2008, 01:03 PM
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/gbrulz/1433398517_eb773f2e5a_o.jpg

Of course I had to take a picture of it!

packinpatland
01-01-2008, 01:25 PM
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/gbrulz/1433398517_eb773f2e5a_o.jpg

Of course I had to take a picture of it!

When it says their staff will 'refresh it daily'.................wonder if that means they will 'tap it off'??? :lol:

Deputy Nutz
01-01-2008, 01:33 PM

The last time I got really drunk I ended up at a backbar with Nutz watching some really hot gal to gal Asians dance grinding all over each other.

That will happen when you get drunk with me, shit just happens.

My dad will actually be in Phoenix during the Super Bowl, lucky bastard if things turn out right.

Fuck I will beat up some college kid and take a bag of mushrooms, then it really will be a cool bus ride, Skin will bring the Ether [/code]

RashanGary
01-01-2008, 02:40 PM
What kind of a dump did you stay at in Chicago where they sold a bottle of wine for $12? :lol:

Just kidding with ya...kinda. I say this because I was in Chicago a couple of months ago and we stayed at the Drake...where bottled water was $10. It was Evian, not even close to being "fancy" by bottled water standards!

The Hyatt. I got the room for $88 per night on hotwire. Normally it's $200 per night. The wine was bought at a little grocery store that was right across the street.

I used to work for Hotwire. My job was to fight with people on the phone. Acctually, I was supposed to promote the product while saying no, but I just ruined peoples day by fighting with them and rubbing it in that they lost money. Everyone loved when I was on a phone call because I said what everyone wished they could say, but when I got my reviews, it was a little ugly.

Really though, Hotwire is pretty great if you know how to use it. It's esspecially good in downtown chicago (but it depends on the date).

RashanGary
01-01-2008, 02:41 PM
I think our water was $8.00 per bottle.

Badgerinmaine
01-01-2008, 02:45 PM
Well, if there's no room on the bus for me, can I get a ride in the Groovy Old VW Microbus? I'll bring a case of Moxie, yessah.
http://www.metrocast.net/~moxieman/MoxieBoy.GIF
"Moxie--Makes Mainers Mighty!"

I'll flag you down here on I-95. :flag:[/b]

Badgerinmaine
01-01-2008, 02:50 PM
Really though, Hotwire is pretty great if you know how to use it. It's esspecially good in downtown chicago (but it depends on the date).

I've done very well getting hotel rooms on Hotwire--works esp. well in the bigger cities. I got a fantastic deal in Chicago last time I was there, and have done quite well in Boston and New York with them too.

RashanGary
01-01-2008, 02:58 PM
[quote=JustinHarrell]

I've done very well getting hotel rooms on Hotwire--works esp. well in the bigger cities. I got a fantastic deal in Chicago last time I was there, and have done quite well in Boston and New York with them too.

You're using it the right way. The star rating is pretty accurate. There are occasional problems, but usually it's with the lower star rating. The best way to use hotwire is to go online and search Hotwire first. If all they have is two star hotels, I think it's best to just forget it unless it's like a 2 star for $15 or something and you really want to save money.

for the most part though, if you like a quality hotel, I think you should just stick with 3 star and above. Ideally, you want 3.5 star or 4 star. Anyway, if you see a 4 star hotel in downtown Chicago, don't feel like it's too good to be true. It really is a 4 star for 1/3 the price. It's a similar concept with drafting talent out of the draft though. The more flexible you are with location (or player position), the more likely you are to get quality. If you really have to be right accross from a seminar, then you are going to pay full price or get a lesser product or get lucky. Same thing with a draft pick. If you want a CB, you are either going to pay full price to move up, get a lesser product or get lucky. Anyway, oppertunism and flexibility are pretty good qualites for any shopper. Sounds like you know what you are doing, badge.

I act like a hardass, but I was acctually a pretty good HW employee. When I got Lawyers or doctors (sometimes you can tell by thier email addys) or just really smart people, I had a great speal that really explained the core of how hotwire worked so well. Sometimes, if a person had the capablity of understanding, they would say "wow, thank you so much. That makes so much sense. More than anything, I'm surpised someone at some call center just explained that to me the way you did. YOu need a raise. I've talked to people at this same company that fed me a BS speal. Wow, thank you". If the person was an idiot, they would sort of nod and smile and hang up thinking I just fed them a line of bullshit.

Anyway, it's a pretty simple concept. I think the concepts that Ted applys are pretty simple too, but GM's and fans everywhere don't seem to get them, so I know they must be hard ot grasp.

RashanGary
01-01-2008, 03:06 PM
Another pitfall of Hotwire. Don't go assuming there is a great deal every single time. Use the tools that are available (star rating, price and the map areas). I always got in trouble for sending people to hotels.com, but I refused to set someone up with something that wouldn't be good. I'm not a sneaky salesman. I used to say "check us first, really, you'll find the best deals from time to time. If you see a 4 star that is outragously low, you just hit the jackpot. If you see a 4 star that is close to the same price of hotels.com, that means you are not getting a great deal and you might as well just hand pick a hotel for a couple dollars more. I'll say the same thing to you guys. Stick with the higher star rating. Only take deals that seem too good to be true and you'll never get burned.

People think you get what you pay for, but with hotwire it's not that way. The price has more to do with availablity than quality so just be selective and I'm serious, you'll get some deals in big cities that you never thought possible. If anyone ever wants help, I can't gaurantee anything, but if something good is out there, I know how to find it while minimizing the risks.

Badgerinmaine
01-01-2008, 05:42 PM
I'd agree with everything you're saying based on my experience. In particular, flights are not always cheaper there. Sometimes the flight prices are flat-out ridiculous. I always check other sites first to get a sense of what the going rate is, and then go to Hotwire. You can do very well there sometimes on rental cars as well. I have made a lot of use of Hotwire and think it provides a great service. I like it much better than Priceline; you have a much better idea of what you are going to get and pay up front.

One of the things that is a bit of an issue with Hotwire for me is parking fees at city hotels. When I'm not bringing a car, it doesn't matter, but when I am, it would be nice to know if I'm going to have to pay $20-25 a night to get rid of my car, and you can't tell anything about that until after you get your room.

RashanGary
01-01-2008, 09:31 PM
haha, badge, you obviously use HW enough to know what's up. Those are all in the top 3 for complaints.

You are right on the cars. Great deals for that too. Again, you have to be a little flexible. You can't pick out a Ford Mustang, but you can save a good amount of money by being flexible. I think the car rentals are the safest bet. Hard to get burned there. Flights are the worst with Hotels being the tricky one that you have to really feel out. In my experience, if the hotel deal looks really good (price/star rating), it usually is and the further you go up the star rating, the better off you are. If the deal just looks so/so, then you might as well just pick out your own hotel on hotels.com or just show up at the hotel and ask if there is any type of manager's special. Sometimes they'll give a deal if you just ask.

MJZiggy
01-01-2008, 09:34 PM
In particular, flights are not always cheaper there. Sometimes the flight prices are flat-out ridiculous.

I thought we were taking the bus? :mrgreen:

BallHawk
01-01-2008, 09:52 PM
I've found HW could for somethings in the past, mainly hotels. Airline ticket prices are so inconsistent from site-to-site in some cases so you have to be careful. I've found sidestep.com a pretty good site for airline tickets. Farecast is also good when looking for flights, if your dates are flexible and you can see how the market is going. Kayak is kinda overrated, IMO.

Badgerinmaine
01-01-2008, 10:08 PM
In particular, flights are not always cheaper there. Sometimes the flight prices are flat-out ridiculous.

But...but...nobody's invited me to get on the bus yet. :(

I may have to hitchhike...

RashanGary
01-01-2008, 10:11 PM
You're on, after Rastak (the only perenthisis)

MJZiggy
01-01-2008, 10:18 PM

Well it's already been noted that if we let Mad drive, we're gonna wind up in Maine anyway...

Bretsky
01-01-2008, 10:28 PM

Well it's already been noted that if we let Mad drive, we're gonna wind up in Maine anyway...

I'll drive; however we'll need some extra seating on the bus because we'll pick up several from the pit stops Nutz and Skin take us too

Badgerinmaine
01-01-2008, 11:15 PM

I'm glad this is a bus and not a taxi, then. That'd be one helluva fare. :mrgreen:

Sounds like the Magical Mystery Tour!
"Coming to take you away...take you today..." :eyes:

Badgerinmaine
01-01-2008, 11:17 PM
I'll drive; however we'll need some extra seating on the bus because we'll pick up several from the pit stops Nutz and Skin take us too

With them choosing, you better pick up some Lysol. :shock:

GBRulz
01-02-2008, 03:43 PM
If Skin and Tar are on the bus, we better find some a quiet spot for them as they like to go to bed early :lol:

LL2
01-02-2008, 05:29 PM
If Skin and Tar are on the bus, we better find some a quiet spot for them as they like to go to bed early :lol:

I doubt there will be a quite spot on the bus, but if Tarlam passes the booze around maybe everyone will be mellow and quiet. I'm surprised we don't know what it looks like yet. Where's digitaldean to create this bus?

KYPack
01-02-2008, 10:05 PM
I'll bump. This is a cool thread.

Thanks for the invite JH, I'll ride. Sounds like my kinda party.

Yeah, somebody make a bus. Mad has talents in that regard, whyncha do it, MTP?

Joemailman
01-02-2008, 10:32 PM
Don't forget to fill up with gas before we leave.

http://www.packerpalace.com/palace04/gaspumpgirl2.jpg

Deputy Nutz
01-02-2008, 10:38 PM
Reminds me of a song about Willie Nelson and his bus.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=7QI-1IYoveM

LL2
01-03-2008, 09:18 AM
Don't forget to fill up with gas before we leave.

http://www.packerpalace.com/palace04/gaspumpgirl2.jpg

I think she will have to come along for the ride and fill er up whenever we run low.

LL2
01-18-2008, 07:53 AM
We should be going through Madison sometime tomorrow on this groovy bus for the game Sunday. Hopefully the rid will take us all the way to Arizona!

packinpatland
01-18-2008, 08:25 AM
Could you please swing by CT? :wink:

The Leaper
01-18-2008, 08:28 AM
If it is a choice of riding the bus or the gas girl...I'll pick the gas girl.

Green Bud Packer
01-18-2008, 08:42 AM
Reminds me of a song about Willie Nelson and his bus.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=7QI-1IYoveM

"I hopped on his old bus the Honeysuckle Rose,the party was Vegas after the show. Alone in the front lounge just me and him, with one parting puff Grim Creeper set in.I'll never smoke weed with Willie again." David Alan Coe

If you guy's see a long haired dude with a faded Packer cap smokin a doob hitchhiking down route 66 pick me up.