PDA

View Full Version : Question about QB's, Receivers of this decade...

packers11
12-31-2007, 12:03 PM
I was watching ESPN last night before I went to sleep and they kept saying how in this decade that there are so many more Quarterbacks with over 4000+ yards and many more receivers gaining tons of yards... In their opinion they just thought the talent was better, but I have another theory...

My theory : Since the rules have changed so much lately and have been favoring the offensive side of the ball, it is easy for a receiver to get open. The defensive back has no chance to stop the wide receiver because if he gets touched once its a flag... The offensive players can get away with a lot more, and push-off defensive backs without getting flagged, and the game/rules just seem to favor the offensive players (see randy moss on push-offs)...

After the Patriots basically tackled the Colts receivers in the playoffs awhile back, the league has changed it so the receiver can barely be touched... In my opinion, this is why the numbers have inflated so drastically... Playing cornerback in the NFL now a days must be the hardest position (especially bump and run)...

Thoughts???

^ My question would be : Why have the numbers inflated so much??? Are the quarterbacks and receivers that much better??? Or have the rules affected the game that much???

HarveyWallbangers
12-31-2007, 12:10 PM
Teams pass more. Rule changes have allowed teams to be more successful passing the ball, and teams are taking advantage. I think it's as simple as that.

Tony Oday
12-31-2007, 12:37 PM
Offensive push off is no legal...look at moss in the end zone...