PDA

View Full Version : Javon Walker Bombshell destroying his career.

CaliforniaCheez
12-31-2007, 02:29 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_7850208
Javon Walker: Broncos are "not for me"
By Bill Williamson The Denver Post

Javon Walker dropped the first bomb of the Broncos' offseason this morning.

In a rambling briefing with the press, Walker essentially said he longer wants to be with the Broncos.

"It's not for Javon," Walker said. "It's not for me."

Walker bounced and back and forth and said that he'll do whatever the Broncos decide but he concluded by saying that being here is not for him.

Walker even suggested a return to Green Bay. The Broncos acquired him from the Packers in April 2006 for a second round draft choice.

Walker was unhappy with the Packers when he was dealt.

Walker missed seven games this season with a knee injury and second-year player Brandon Marshall flourished, catching 1002 balls.

Walker said that the offense is centered around Marshall now and he is happy for his teammate.

Walker has $5.4 million in option bonus money coming to him this year and the team was planning on keeping him. However, after his bombshell, the team will likely seriously consider parting ways.

He doesn't wanr his 5.4 million.
Eventually he will run out of teams that might want him.

MadtownPacker
12-31-2007, 02:34 PM
Man, this totally pisses on his Mr Niceguy comments he made about the Packers a few weeks ago. Like we all thought, it was just him setting up his exit from denver. THe truth comes out.

This dude is seriously the biggest pendejo in the NFL. I aint gonna lie, I wouldn't want TT to pick him up even as a FA. Let him take his miserable ass somewhere else.

BallHawk
12-31-2007, 02:34 PM
I do not want Javon back in Green Bay. I'm absolutely fine with DD, Jennings, JJ, K-Rob, and Ruvell.

He's an ass, plain and simple. He wants out of Green Bay, gets out, says, basically, that we suck as a team, and now he wants to come back to the team "he'd rather retire than play for again". I wonder if it's because we're winning? :roll:

I don't want self-centered assclowns like this in our locker room, especially since it is already filled with hard-working players.

vince
12-31-2007, 02:39 PM
I don't want self-centered assclowns like this in our locker room, especially since it is already filled with hard-working players.
This says all there is to say. No selfish me-first cancers on this young team thank you.

Merlin
12-31-2007, 02:50 PM
The second he talked in the third person, that was it for me. He had a great 2003 season with us, then got injured, then whined and got traded. Now that he sees a winner in Green Bay he wouldn't mind going back. I understood his contract issues because a player has to look out for their future. He got promptly injured without a new contract with what? 2-3 years left on his remaining one? Walker was the one who insisted on a longer then normal rookie contract when he signed. He thought he was being smart and it bit him in the ass. I feel for any player that gets injured and I wasn't for negotiating a new contract with him until late in the 2004 season to see if 2003 was a fluke. Turns out, it was. 2006 he had a healthy year but nothing stellar. 2007 he got injured again.

Ce Le Vi....

PaCkFan_n_MD
12-31-2007, 02:54 PM
I agree with everyone here. I will eat crow for getting mad that JW was traded. I thought we should have given him a contract and that he really wasn’t that bad of a guy, but after this it proves that he is a loser. No way do I want him back in Green Bay and no way should the team even consider it. Like Vince said everyone on this team loves each other and this young team doesn’t need an ass like him to ruin that.

lod01
12-31-2007, 03:32 PM
Zero chance of him coming back here. He's a moron and continually proves it.

Cheesehead Craig
12-31-2007, 03:47 PM
Walker missed seven games this season with a knee injury and second-year player Brandon Marshall flourished, catching 1002 balls.
Ok, Marshall was good, but he did not catch 1002 passes during the season.

Lurker64
12-31-2007, 03:53 PM
At least you have to give him credit for making the decision to cut him easier.

CaliforniaCheez
12-31-2007, 03:58 PM

Sorry, I copied and pasted from the Denver Post mistakes and all.

SkinBasket
12-31-2007, 04:06 PM
Eagerly awaiting Woody's spirited tirade against TT for "letting" Walker go in the first place...

Pacopete4
12-31-2007, 04:13 PM
ya know what it sounds like?... it just sounds like this kid needs to grow up and grow up fast before his nfl career is even more of a joke and all that talent goes to waste

RashanGary
12-31-2007, 04:20 PM
A couple weeks ago, I said it would be nice to have him back for a lowball price. I was wrong. I always sort of thought it was just the bad timing of his injuries that made it seem like Ted jipped him out of a good life. However, there was always the overriding feeling that Drew Rosenhaus wanted to bully around a new GM and Javon was willing to do whatever Drew said.

Looks like JWalk was the real cancer. Really, good riddance.

GBRulz
12-31-2007, 04:39 PM
I've sent JW a couple messages....feel free to do the same
:twisted:
http://www.javonwalker84.com/contact.php

Kiwon
12-31-2007, 05:02 PM
Wonderlic Boy strikes again!

Kiss that $5,400,000 bonus money goodbye.

Packers4Ever
12-31-2007, 05:32 PM

Good! Where do we line up, GBR ?

vince
12-31-2007, 05:33 PM

I think Shanny's handling this clown exactly how he deserves to be treated.

Shanahan after J-Walk Refuses to Restructure (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKG07305CBs&feature=related)

Packers4Ever
12-31-2007, 05:41 PM

Good! Where do we line up, GBR ?
I couldn't email because my 'paste' wasn't working, but - I did find
his message to all his Bronco fans - did you catch it? It's
under his Blog.....

packers11
12-31-2007, 05:44 PM
If he wants to be back in Green Bay maybe the practice squad is looking for another player??? :lol: :wink:

BallHawk
12-31-2007, 06:04 PM

I think Shanny's handling this clown exactly how he deserves to be treated.

Shanahan after J-Walk Refuses to Restructure (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKG07305CBs&feature=related)

Nice. :tup:

gbgary
12-31-2007, 06:17 PM
I will eat crow for getting mad that JW was traded. I thought we should have given him a contract...

me too. :? he's turned out to be just as odd a duck as duane thomas. do the oldsters around here remember him? cowboy running back of the early 70s. awesome talent without a brain. geesh!

Tony Oday
12-31-2007, 06:18 PM
I say we sign him for an incentive laden contract, let him play all pre season then cut him just before opening day :)

motife
12-31-2007, 06:22 PM
btw, Jim Bates fans..

He's likely going to be fired as Defensive Boss at Denver.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/12/31/bc.fbn.broncoswrapup.ap/

vince
12-31-2007, 06:24 PM
Here's another article on the subject.

Walker says 'it's best for me' to be off Broncos
Associated Press

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Javon Walker stopped short of demanding a trade like he did two years ago in Green Bay, but he suggested Monday that it might be best for everyone if the Denver Broncos sent him packing.

"It's not that they don't want me here, but I just don't think it's the best fit for me," Walker said as he prepared to meet with coach Mike Shanahan for his exit interview.

The Broncos (7-9) expected to compete for a championship but they lost Walker for two months after he underwent a third operation on his right knee and Denver posted its first losing season since 1999.

So, big changes are expected this offseason, perhaps starting with the departure of defensive boss Jim Bates, although Walker sounded as though he'd like to be the first one out the door.

Walker said he wouldn't ask for a trade but just didn't see himself fitting into Denver's plans in 2008, when he's due to make about $7.5 million in salary and bonuses.

He has said he wouldn't be amenable to restructuring his contract despite his injury-riddled season and that he just needs an offseason of rest to return to his Pro Bowl form after catching only 26 passes for 287 yards and no touchdowns this season.

In his absence, second-year pro Brandon Marshall blossomed into the Broncos' primary receiver with 102 catches for 1,325 yards and seven TDs, and slot receiver Brandon Stokley played so well that he received a three-year contract extension.

In a rambling eight-minute group interview in front of his locker that was eventually cut off by the team's public relations staff, an unusually jovial Walker said he can still be a great receiver but probably for somebody else.

"I just don't see it happening for me here," he said. "What it boils down to at this point is I've got to go where the best fit is for me. ... And if it's not the best situation for me [in Denver], it's the best situation for Brandon Marshall."

This was the first indication that Walker was unhappy in Denver, although he acknowledged last summer that he initially wanted out after cornerback Darrent Williams died in his arms in a New Year's Day drive-by shooting that remains unsolved.

Walker asked out of Green Bay after missing the 2005 season with a knee injury that occurred in the Packers' opener, the very thing his then-agent Drew Rosenhaus feared when Walker was threatening to hold out for more money.

Walker was upset that the Packers dismissed his contract complaints and also didn't appreciate Brett Favre telling him to put up and shut up, so he was traded to Denver on draft day in 2006, signed a five-year contract extension worth more than $40 million and had a stellar season for the Broncos.

But it's become apparent to Walker that he had it good in Green Bay, where the Packers capitalized on his deep threat ability much more than the Broncos have.

"Green Bay made me who I was for a team like this to want to bring me here," Walker said. "So, maybe it takes a team like that to go back."

Walker suggested, however, that he could find happiness if he stays in Denver.

"Yeah, if they do want me back, I greatly appreciate it," he said. "If not, you've got to move on."

Shanahan, who has called this the toughest season of his 13-year tenure in Denver, was unavailable for comment. He's scheduled his season-ending news conference for Jan. 7.

Cheesehead Craig
12-31-2007, 06:52 PM

Sorry, I copied and pasted from the Denver Post mistakes and all.
I know it was a cut and paste job, simply ripping on the original statement. Nothing reflecting on you.

Scott Campbell
12-31-2007, 07:21 PM
I can't believe Ted duped the Broncos into giving up a 2nd for this guy.

mmmdk
12-31-2007, 08:02 PM
Just got the lowdown on Walker; fabulous job TT. I think TT knew this scenario was not out of question.

RashanGary
12-31-2007, 08:23 PM
I can't believe Ted duped the Broncos into giving up a 2nd for this guy.

:lol: You crack me up!! Oh. Oh man, I just crapped my pants.

No, not really but you crack me up. That was funny.

FritzDontBlitz
12-31-2007, 09:16 PM
This is probably one of the most biased threads I've seen posted on this site in a while. Not a surprise, though: all you have to do around here is use "Javon Walker" in a sentence and these will be the typical knee-jerk reactions you'll get. The most laughable thing is the fact that not only does neither article quote Walker as saying he wants to return to Green Bay, there's no room for him on the Packers roster anyway.

Am I the only one who thinks it strange that the postgame locker room interview "with an unusually jovial" Walker lasted so long the PR guy had to cut it off, but neither article about it is longer than a paragraph? I smell a bit of a hatchet job from a Denver writer, but I'm probably in the minority on that. What I read was a guy who is resigned to the fact the Broncos have found the big, fast, sure-handed receiver they wanted when they signed him...but, the guy's name happens to be Brandon Marshall, not Javon Walker. I hear a guy who recognizes he probably doesn't fit into Denver's future plans at his age, price and current state of health. He's probably right on both counts.

I was pissed at the way Walker left. I continued to be pissed when some posters here insisted on ripping TT at the way he opted out of an untenable situation. Fortunately those sentiments were before we found out that we have a glut of capable receivers to play with in Green Bay. Walker won't be back in Green Bay unless he's on the visitor's sidelines, so why even trip on it?

vince
12-31-2007, 11:59 PM
This is probably one of the most biased threads I've seen posted on this site in a while. Not a surprise, though: all you have to do around here is use "Javon Walker" in a sentence and these will be the typical knee-jerk reactions you'll get. The most laughable thing is the fact that not only does neither article quote Walker as saying he wants to return to Green Bay, there's no room for him on the Packers roster anyway.
Here's the quote you apparently missed Fritz.

"Green Bay made me who I was for a team like this to want to bring me here," Walker said. "So, maybe it takes a team like that to go back."
Walker's disjointed grammar notwithstanding, where exactly would Walker be talking about going "back" to, if not Green Bay?

Am I the only one who thinks it strange that the postgame locker room interview "with an unusually jovial" Walker lasted so long the PR guy had to cut it off, but neither article about it is longer than a paragraph? I smell a bit of a hatchet job from a Denver writer, but I'm probably in the minority on that.
I counted 17 paragraphs in the article from Sports Illustrated, Fritz. It's not surprising that a PR guy would cut off an interview where a current player is happily discussing his dissatisfaction with the team. That doesn't make for great PR.

What I read was a guy who is resigned to the fact the Broncos have found the big, fast, sure-handed receiver they wanted when they signed him...but, the guy's name happens to be Brandon Marshall, not Javon Walker. I hear a guy who recognizes he probably doesn't fit into Denver's future plans at his age, price and current state of health. He's probably right on both counts.
Yes he's right on all counts Fritz. The reason he's getting (justifiably) bashed is because his response to the situation is to take a me-first approach and publicly announce his intent to force the Broncos to cut him rather than restructure an untenable contract he has grossly underpreformed. This compares closely to his me-first attitude a few years back when he DEMANDED a renegotiation of his contract that he felt he outperformed. Which is it? Does he stand by his contract or should it be adjusted depending on his play? Well that obviously depends on which side of the quandary Javon happens to be on.

I was pissed at the way Walker left. I continued to be pissed when some posters here insisted on ripping TT at the way he opted out of an untenable situation. Fortunately those sentiments were before we found out that we have a glut of capable receivers to play with in Green Bay. Walker won't be back in Green Bay unless he's on the visitor's sidelines, so why even trip on it?I'm not sure about tripping on it, but we fans tend to dislike when talented players on the team we root for unfairly screw the franchise. When karma comes back on itself, its noteworthy and pretty good fodder for follow-up discussion.

4and12to12and4
01-01-2008, 01:35 AM
I have to agree to an extent with Fritz in the fact that if he was running his mouth for 8 full minutes, those two questionable statements from him could be a jack job. I'd like to see or hear the full comments so I can take it into context. He DID say he wants to stay in Denver if they "want" him. Look, I defended him when Brett opened his mouth when he shouldn't have and destroyed any chance TT had at resigning him. I have taken a lot of shit for that, but I stand by it. Now everyone wants to rag on him again, and we don't even know the context of his comments. He's a very competitive guy and wants to be the #1 receiver for his team. Yes, that is somewhat selfish, but, at least he gives a shit. I don't want him back simply because I think after three surgerys, his knee is nothing more than plastic and rubber, and he will never realize his potential. I feel bad for him, he would've been a great receiver.

All here that love to rip on Javon and guys like Fergy, just remember, you are competitive at you're job too, if you're not you probably suck at what you do and are just going through the motions, and when guys like Fergy try their asses off just to get heckled and laughed at, it pisses me off, Javon deserves it more than Fergy, but, we don't know his side of the story on ANY of the shit we mock him for. There. It's only 2 hours into the new year, and I pissed everybody off. :oops: Happy New Year guys and gals, I love you all!!

Tarlam!
01-01-2008, 05:26 AM
The success of the current WR group in GB is built around a "team-first" attitude, IMO.

Even if there was a spot open for J-Walk in terms of numbers, there is no spot open for a "me-first" WR.

That's probably why it's a good thing we didn't get Moss. Not saying Moss or Walker aren't great weopons - they are. But they don't seem to fit in the "team-first" category that makes our group as successful as they have been.

packrat
01-01-2008, 10:41 AM
I listened to the entire interview here in Denver and it was worse, if anything, than what was reported. He basically kept repeating the same things over and over and over and it all added up to "this ain't the place for Javon". That said, he didn't knock the Broncos or anyone on the Broncos and he did say nice things about Green Bay, which surprised me. It definitely came down to the fact that he wants to play on a winning team and he doesn't see the Broncos as a winning team. He'll get cut because it would be insane for the Broncos to pay a multimillion dollar bonus to a guy who doesn't want to be there. The fact is taht the Packers made out like bandits in getting a second round choice for this guy. Now someone is going to get him for "free" but unless it is a Superbowl bound team, they are going to get a whiner who is often injured and who couldn't spell "TEAM" if you spotted him all four letters.

Patler
01-01-2008, 11:15 AM
He sounded pretty content last year with his comment about the Broncos having a chance at the Super Bowl and the Packers having a chance at winning 6 games (or whatever it was).

This is really not what I expected from Walker when he was drafted. One of the things mentioned about him, and one that I thought made him a good prospect, was his experience as a minor league baseball player and the maturity that he gained from that. His attitude has seemed to change with his successful season in Green Bay. That also occurred during his budding friendship with Owens, and I can't discount that influence.

Attitudes are funny things. He seems to be showing some regret. I imagine he can see himself fitting in quite nicely and being very productive in the Packers offense.

SkinBasket
01-01-2008, 11:26 AM
I'd take him over Ruvell @ 3 mil a year or so.

Scott Campbell
01-01-2008, 11:30 AM
Walker appears injury prone to me. Can he fully recover from this latest set back, and if so, can he stay reasonably healthy?

Fritz
01-01-2008, 11:36 AM
I listened to the entire interview here in Denver and it was worse, if anything, than what was reported. He basically kept repeating the same things over and over and over and it all added up to "this ain't the place for Javon". That said, he didn't knock the Broncos or anyone on the Broncos and he did say nice things about Green Bay, which surprised me. It definitely came down to the fact that he wants to play on a winning team and he doesn't see the Broncos as a winning team. He'll get cut because it would be insane for the Broncos to pay a multimillion dollar bonus to a guy who doesn't want to be there. The fact is taht the Packers made out like bandits in getting a second round choice for this guy. Now someone is going to get him for "free" but unless it is a Superbowl bound team, they are going to get a whiner who is often injured and who couldn't spell "TEAM" if you spotted him all four letters.

Javon Walker: "What? that's easy: T - E - I - M. Who says there's no "I" in "teim?"

Deputy Nutz
01-01-2008, 01:47 PM
The thing about Walker is that he has no knee left and he is approaching his 30th birthday. He was 24 when he was drafted. Forget his poor retard of an attitude the guy's knee problems will be a detriment for the rest of his career.

I hope he gets used to Silver and Black. Or maybe Navy and Red(Houston).

RashanGary
01-01-2008, 01:53 PM

This is funny. The closest thing Walker gets to a compliment is this and it's about as backhanded and unflattering as it gets.

MJZiggy
01-01-2008, 01:53 PM
The thing about Walker is that he has no knee left and he is approaching his 30th birthday. He was 24 when he was drafted. Forget his poor retard of an attitude the guy's knee problems will be a detriment for the rest of his career.

I hope he gets used to Silver and Black. Or maybe Navy and Red(Houston).

Miami. For vet minimum...

Deputy Nutz
01-01-2008, 02:01 PM
I bet Sherman would take him at Texas A&M.

packers11
01-01-2008, 02:02 PM

This is funny. The closest thing Walker gets to a compliment is this and it's about as backhanded and unflattering as it gets.

Why should we (the fans) give him compliments we he constantly burned bridges with us and the packers...

Remember last year how much shit he was talking about the packers, and how he was grateful he was actually on a winning team...

I mean I can forgive the comments he said at first about his contract (when Favre spoke up) but constantly bringing up the packers last year was the last straw... There was no need for that, and now he wants to be back on the packers good side... He can go shove it...

Patler
01-01-2008, 02:09 PM
When you work in an extremely limited field, it is never good to burn your bridges behind you. Walker is looking for one of 64 available jobs, a starting wide receiver in the NFL. By speaking badly of the Packers he not only alienated the Packers but perhaps others who will think of him as a high maintenance player. The really good ones like Owens and Moss get away with it and find jobs, but even Owens had limited options. Walker is not in their category and he has the lingering injury as a negative on his resume.

Bretsky
01-01-2008, 02:21 PM
I wish Javon Walker well.

I'm sure both JW and TT would handle the situation differently if they could do it all over again.

b bulldog
01-01-2008, 02:23 PM
good point

RashanGary
01-01-2008, 02:32 PM

I'm sure both JW and TT would handle the situation differently if they could do it all over again.

I'm not so sure TT did anything wrong. Walker seems like a wacko and hasn't done much since his contract demand. Really, look at his production since he originally demanded the contract. He missted two of the years because of injury and had one good year. Had TT just given him the deal, we would be strapped with a big salary for a guy who can't stay on the field. I'm not so sure anything could have gone any better for TT in hindsight. Like most of Ted's moves, this one looks great after the test of time.

Jimx29
01-01-2008, 02:59 PM
Here's another article on the subject.

[quote]
"It's not that they don't want me here, but I just don't think it's the best fit for me," Walker said as he prepared to meet with coach Mike Shanahan for his exit interview.

"I just don't see it happening for me here," he said. "What it boils down to at this point is I've got to go where the best fit is for me. ... And if it's not the best situation for me [in Denver], it's the best situation for Brandon Marshall."

"Green Bay made me who I was for a team like this to want to bring me here," Walker said.
"Yeah, if they do want me back, I greatly appreciate it," he said. "If not, you've got to move on."

Still better than "Michael Vick needs to do what's best for Michael Vick"

cpk1994
01-01-2008, 04:06 PM

I'm not so sure TT did anything wrong. Walker seems like a wacko and hasn't done much since his contract demand. Really, look at his production since he originally demanded the contract. He missted two of the years because of injury and had one good year. Had TT just given him the deal, we would be strapped with a big salary for a guy who can't stay on the field. I'm not so sure anything could have gone any better for TT in hindsight. Like most of Ted's moves, this one looks great after the test of time.

Carefull, you don't want to get Woody going on another insane rant of his. Speaking of whom, he has been, not suprisingly, absent from this thread.

MadtownPacker
01-01-2008, 11:26 PM

I'm sure both JW and TT would handle the situation differently if they could do it all over again.The way this is playing out if TT had handled it any different (like giving JTalk the PIN # to the Packers ATM card like many wanted him to) we would all be calling him an idiot.

The emotionless and intelligent way he handled it was fine by me then and even more so now.

4and12to12and4
01-01-2008, 11:56 PM

I don't know if that is why. Denver has a nice offense with Cutler and Stokely and Marshall and a good run game, and they are still pretty good defensively. They could've easily slid into the 6th seed this year, they had some tough losses (OT to us for one). I think they CAN win next year, especially if Walker stays and returns to old form. No, this is about him being second dog to Marshall, Period. He wants to be the man, unfortunately, he's one hit away from a wheelchair.

Skinbasket, three million a year? Are you kidding me, maybe three million for a three year stretch, and even then, I probably wouldn't take him, cuz our guys are better.

Joemailman
01-02-2008, 03:15 PM
I bet Sherman would take him at Texas A&M.

I doubt he could pass the entrance exam.

run pMc
01-02-2008, 03:31 PM
First, "assclown" continues to be a word that makes me LOL...and it does seem to apply to Javon.

Second, I don't think there's any way he comes back to GB. I have a feeling he doesn't fit the "Packer people" profile. Anybody who complains his way out of town -- and out of playing with a HOF QB -- the way he did gives me pause.

Third, I do think the age, injuries, and attitude will count against him, but he's pretty talented. I can think of a long list of teams who would consider bringing him into camp. If they took Fergy, wouldn't you think MIN would take a look at him?

DEN had a pretty bad offseason, with the Williams shooting, Nash's death, the Travis Henry saga, plus dealing with all the normal stuff like injuries, coaching changes, a young defense, breaking in a young QB. Maybe he thinks he needs a fresh start somewhere; maybe he's just a quitter. DEN was in the playoff hunt until the last 3 weeks of the season; they could have a better season next year.

His comments suggest he's a me-first guy who wants to play for a winner NOW, not wait a season or two. The irony is he missed out on GB and he'll probably do the same with DEN.

He's a talented head case. If Shanahan releases him, TT will pass.

sepporepi
01-02-2008, 03:36 PM
Petrino is the perfect fit for him :oops: ,
unfurtunately he is not in Atl anymore :P

hurleyfan
01-02-2008, 03:36 PM
Shanahan is a tough guy, and I can't see him releasing Walker outright... Makes him sit and honor the contract, and when "me" doesn't play, "me" doesn't get paid... Just a thought

Zool
01-02-2008, 03:43 PM
Shanahan is a tough guy, and I can't see him releasing Walker outright... Makes him sit and honor the contract, and when "me" doesn't play, "me" doesn't get paid... Just a thought

Just talked with a Denver fan who said this exact same thing.

Lurker64
01-02-2008, 03:45 PM

Maybe Denver's GM can rip someone off to the tune of a second round draft pick for him.

hurleyfan
01-02-2008, 03:48 PM

Maybe Denver's GM can rip someone off to the tune of a second round draft pick for him.

That is a possibility.. but with his antics on two different teams over the past few years, I think a 2nd will be a stretch.

There are teams that'll take suspect character players (Moss in NE) and the results are sometimes quite spectacular!

ecwiscott
01-02-2008, 07:12 PM
Maybe Javon and his father aren't seeing eye to eye anymore. As I recall it was Javon's father who ran his mouth a couple years ago saying Javon would never play for the green and gold again and now here we have this article by Javon begging for the Packers to take him back.

GrnBay007
01-06-2008, 03:49 AM
As for Walker, Denver will look to deal him in the coming months. The Broncos are reluctant to pay Walker the $5.4 million option bonus payment due to him. Denver surrendered a second-round pick to Green Bay two years ago and since then, Walker has battled injuries and controversy, the most recent coming Sunday when he said he didn’t want to return to Denver for next season.

Now Denver will seek to find a new home for Walker.

Teams in the market for free-agent wide receivers could choose from Oakland's Jerry Porter, New England's Jabar Gaffney or New Orleans' David Patten, among others. But rather than signing a free-agent wide out, teams could decide to trade for one.

At least one, and possibly two, will be available.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story;jsessionid=65BE3EB7C1B26C94FB0D54162079CE58? id=09000d5d805b626d&template=with-video&confirm=true

Scott Campbell
01-06-2008, 08:07 AM
Shanahan is a tough guy, and I can't see him releasing Walker outright...

I can't see Denver paying that roster bonus. Walker's contract looks ridiculous now.

Fritz
01-06-2008, 10:24 AM
As for Walker, Denver will look to deal him in the coming months. The Broncos are reluctant to pay Walker the $5.4 million option bonus payment due to him. Denver surrendered a second-round pick to Green Bay two years ago and since then, Walker has battled injuries and controversy, the most recent coming Sunday when he said he didn’t want to return to Denver for next season.

Now Denver will seek to find a new home for Walker.

Teams in the market for free-agent wide receivers could choose from Oakland's Jerry Porter, New England's Jabar Gaffney or New Orleans' David Patten, among others. But rather than signing a free-agent wide out, teams could decide to trade for one.

At least one, and possibly two, will be available.

A guy with an attitude problem and injury issues isn't going to garner anything higher than a third, and in my opinion that's even kind of high. I bet if he gets traded it's for a fourth rounder. His stock has dropped in the two years since he was traded.

Bretsky, with hindsight at his disposal I don't think TT would do anything differently - Walker had a very good half season the year after the trade, but has been mostly hurt. I don't know, given Walker's attitude, if he'd do much different, either - after all, he did get the big contract from Denver, which TT was apparently not willing to give.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story;jsessionid=65BE3EB7C1B26C94FB0D54162079CE58? id=09000d5d805b626d&template=with-video&confirm=true