PDA

View Full Version : Pack Should Spend Bye Time Working On...

The Shadow
12-31-2007, 04:31 PM
Besides developing general gameplans for their 3 possible opponents :
1. Kickoff coverage.
2. Secondary coordination.
3. A halfback option play for Ryan Grant.
4. Better 3rd and 1 quick-hitters.
5. Improved health/rest!

BallHawk
12-31-2007, 04:32 PM
6. Avoiding dumbass penalties.

HarveyWallbangers
12-31-2007, 04:34 PM
1. Kickoff coverage.
5. Improved health/rest!

Kickoff coverage has been pretty good this year actually. Top 10 in the NFL. I agree with the rest.

gbgary
12-31-2007, 06:26 PM
picking-up the blitz, shot-gun passes of ten yards or less, and play-action passes of ten yards or less.

The Shadow
01-01-2008, 12:37 AM
1. Kickoff coverage.
5. Improved health/rest!

Kickoff coverage has been pretty good this year actually. Top 10 in the NFL. I agree with the rest.

Not so good lately, however.

4and12to12and4
01-01-2008, 12:51 AM
Watching hours and hours and hours and hours of game footage of the Redskins beating the Cowboys. They may remember how to stop the run, and in doing so, watch the Boys getting obliterated over and over again. You have to be able to visualize something in order to do it. One of the first lessons learned in business.

The Shadow
01-01-2008, 12:13 PM
I wish Johnny Jolly was still on the roster. He seemed to make a very real difference on the d line.

Bretsky
01-01-2008, 12:41 PM
I wish Johnny Jolly was still on the roster. He seemed to make a very real difference on the d line.

Me too; that Run D is so much tougher when Jolly and Pickett are in there together

oregonpackfan
01-01-2008, 01:47 PM
1. Therapeutic resting--they need all their players healty.

2. offensive line run blocking

3. Offensive line pass blocking, especially picking up the blitz. Teams try to blitz early against Favre like the Cowboys did.

4. special teams assignments.

5. secondary coverage assignments.

RashanGary
01-01-2008, 01:56 PM

For the first time, Shadow, I think Harrell is stepping into those shoes. He played a nice game against Detroit. With Pickett back at 100% and Harrell playing at an OK level, I think we might be able to overcome what had been a pretty glaring weakness (since Jolly went down). I think it's important to get Williams back to his pass ruhsing role too. Bottom line, I think there are signs that this Dline is getting back to the level they played in Minnesota (before Jolly went down). If they can get back to that, it will spread through the whole defense.

Deputy Nutz
01-01-2008, 02:00 PM
Run defense goes to the top of my list, and unfortunately tackling would go up there but I doubt they are going to be doing any live tackling drills.

Another is to find a secure left guard, I am not liking this switching Coston and Colledge, neither one suits my fancy.

b bulldog
01-01-2008, 02:13 PM
What the Pack needs to do is just get as healthy as possible and make sure everyone is assignment sure and that all will have the game faces on come Sat. You are what you are, too late in the season to really fix a whole lot and honestly, if Brett can play within himself and the Dline can play well, they can beat anyone.

The Shadow
01-01-2008, 08:15 PM
The time off will be a huge factor. Many new players have already gone beyond their usual season.

RashanGary
01-01-2008, 09:21 PM
I'm acctually really looking forward to seeing Harrell in the playoffs. The way the whole season went, it kind of set him up perfectly to contribute right now. He was able to work himself into shape and maybe add some strenght while he waited in the wings. When he finally came in, he had a couple weeks to sharpen up and finish off getting in football shape. Now he gets a week off to get some good lifting in, some good rest and then a good normal week of practice leading into the game. I think it worked out perfectly for him. I could see him along with the rest of Pickett, Kampman, Jenkins, Williams, KGB and Mongomery taking a step forward in the playoffs.