PDA

View Full Version : 14th Annual "Terry Awards"

GrnBay007
01-02-2008, 12:03 AM
Terry Bradshaw presented his 14th annual "Terry Awards," a celebration of the highs and lows of the 2007 season from Terry's very unique perspective.

# Good Hire Award: Bill Parcells to Dolphins
# Next Coach to be Fired Award: Cam Cameron, Dolphins
# Mr. Under-Appreciated: Fred Taylor, Jaguars RB
# The Peterson Award: Vikings offensive line
# Player of Year: Tom Brady, Patriots QB
# Coach of Year: Mike McCarthy, Packers
# Assistant Coach of Year: Raheem Morris, Bucs defensive backs coach
# Kicker of Year: Nick Folk, Cowboys
# Profile in Courage: Kevin Everett and medical staff
# Good Deed Award: Kyle Turley, Chiefs OL (urged players to donate paychecks to help former players in need)
# Benedict Arnold Trophy: Bobby Petrino quitting Falcons for Arkansas
# Best Team Turnaround: Cleveland Browns
# Worst Move of Year: NFL — No team in Los Angeles
# Front Office Man of Year: Scott Pioli, Patriots
# Best Free Agent Signing: Jeff Garcia, Bucs QB
# Steal of the Draft: Trent Edwards, Bills QB
# Owner of Year: Joey Galloway (owns a Tampa area smoothie and vitamin shop)
# Best Player 5'8" or Under: Bob Sanders, Colts safety
# Best Second Half of Season Award: Antonio Cromartie, Chargers CB
# Most Disappointing Team of Season: Chicago Bears
# Worst NFL Dress Code Violation Award: Jimmy and Terry (disco outfits)
# Mr. Remarkable: Brett Favre, Packers QB

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6321070

packinpatland
01-02-2008, 07:02 AM
Terry's Coach of the Year is the most 'right on'.

Without a doubt, Belichick will receive the honors. I've read some of the AP writers give their reasons why they are leaning toward BB.... just makes me wonder.

If a kid in middle school gets caught cheating on an exam (who knows if it's the first time?), they give him detention. At the end of the year he is awarded academic student of the year. Anyone going to tell me, there wouldn't be just a few parents upset?

LL2
01-02-2008, 09:30 AM
I hope M3 gets Coach of the Year. Everyone expected the Patriots to be good, but no one thought the Packers would be. The shoo-in for Belicheck will be the undefeated season.

hurleyfan
01-02-2008, 09:41 AM
Kicker of the year is Folk? Didn't Mason Crosby lead the league in points??

I hope M3 gets coach of the year, that would be some icing for the cake :lol:

Harlan Huckleby
01-02-2008, 09:52 AM
Notice no recognition for Craig Nall and his glorious comeback. Bradshaw is still sore that Nall broke his javelin-tossing record in Louisiana. What a chump.

FritzDontBlitz
01-02-2008, 02:10 PM

The list was probably finalized before the last game of the season.

If Bellicose gets coach of the year it means stats still trump everything else in the NFL. Things like character and integrity never get much appreciation nowadays. Change "winning isn't everything, it's the ONLY thing" to "by any means necessary."

Bretsky
01-02-2008, 02:39 PM

The list was probably finalized before the last game of the season.

If Bellicose gets coach of the year it means stats still trump everything else in the NFL. Things like character and integrity never get much appreciation nowadays. Change "winning isn't everything, it's the ONLY thing" to "by any means necessary."

Much of the voting got in the week after we played the Bears and NE went to 15-0. I hope MM gets it but it would not surprise me if it goes to BB

GBRulz
01-02-2008, 03:35 PM
I was watching Fox as Bradshaw was announcing these (I think I commented about them in the game day thread)...but them main reason he gave M3 coach of the year was because he did the most with the least!

When he gave Brett the Mr. Remarkable award, someone joked to Terry about his man love for Brett and Brett's like "I really don't want to hear anymore" lol. It was funny.

KYPack
01-02-2008, 03:37 PM
Part of me wants to see the Hoodie get COY.

A. He doesn't want the award. He could care less and doesn't want the media attention the award would bring. Anything he hates, I like.

B. If he wins, there will be more hell over it than just a little bit. Everybody will dredge up Spygate and BB will go thru the ringer again. That's good. One point that everybody is talking about is the Merriman situation. He went to the Pro Bowl even thoiugh he was suspended. Evryone went nuts, sio they passed a rule that a suspended player can't go to the Pro bowl.

Should a coach get COY if he's been fined by the league for an ethics violation?

packinpatland
01-02-2008, 04:04 PM

A. He doesn't want the award. He could care less and doesn't want the media attention the award would bring. Anything he hates, I like.

B. If he wins, there will be more hell over it than just a little bit. Everybody will dredge up Spygate and BB will go thru the ringer again. That's good. One point that everybody is talking about is the Merriman situation. He went to the Pro Bowl even thoiugh he was suspended. Evryone went nuts, sio they passed a rule that a suspended player can't go to the Pro bowl.

Should a coach get COY if he's been fined by the league for an ethics violation?

As I posted above, why would this be any different, what kind of message is being sent? Cheat, but don't get caught. It's OK, everyone does it.
Even tho I cheated, I won, so it really doesn't matter.

I for one, DO think he deserved consideration..........but he blew it.

oregonpackfan
01-02-2008, 04:09 PM
What? Isn't there a "Best Weather Lady on Gameday Award?" :)

MJZiggy
01-02-2008, 04:18 PM

As I posted above, why would this be any different, what kind of message is being sent? Cheat, but don't get caught. It's OK, everyone does it.
Even tho I cheated, I won, so it really doesn't matter.

I for one, DO think he deserved consideration..........but he blew it.

KY just wants to see the storm it would cause and watch the rules get changed--they'd call it the Belichick Cheaters Rule...