PDA

View Full Version : Only in Green Bay...

GrnBay007
01-02-2008, 11:41 AM
Got this email today....cool story. A guy I know through a friend at work was in Green Bay recently. He's originally from Green Bay so is there often to see family/friends as well as attend games....huge Packer fan.

He wrote that he got stuck in a snowbank trying to turn around near a gas station on the north side of Green Bay. (What he thought was a parking lot was actually an embankment tramped down by snowmobiles. Couldn't get traction.) Got out to push, with his wife behind the wheel.

"Truck pulls over -- a guy pops out, runs across the highway to help us -- none other than good ol' #74, Aaron Kampman!"

MJZiggy
01-02-2008, 11:43 AM
I'd be too stunned to push...

PlantPage55
01-02-2008, 11:53 AM
Drives to Oneida Street and straight into a snow bank

Any minute now... :whist:

LL2
01-02-2008, 11:55 AM
That is cool to have Kampman help them out. He seems like the type to do that. He doesn't appear to be a person where money and fame went to his head.

packinpatland
01-02-2008, 12:02 PM
Nice. We have good guys........on and off the field.

Thanks for sharing that!

mmmdk
01-02-2008, 12:10 PM
Push! !Push! Puuuuuuuuussh Kampy!

I love living in Denmark yet Green Bay, Wisconsin is closest thing to it. You're so Scandinavian :)

The Shadow
01-02-2008, 12:20 PM
Good thing it wasn't Ryan Pickett.....

The Shadow
01-02-2008, 12:22 PM
And : VERY good that we didn't get Randy Moss.
The poor guy would have been nudged down the road by Moss.

BallHawk
01-02-2008, 12:24 PM
Very cool story. If I would of had to guess a player that would do something like this it would be Kampy. Just an all-round solid guy.

packinpatland
01-02-2008, 12:26 PM
Good thing it wasn't Ryan Pickett.....

.....you mean IN the car?????...............it'd still be there. :wink:

Tarlam!
01-02-2008, 12:27 PM
Very cool story. If I would of had to guess a player that would do something like this it would be Kampy. Just an all-round solid guy.

I bet we could hold a competition at who WOULD NOT do that sort of thing from the roster.

I am sure the way the team is, any of them would help out.

Like B'Hawk said, very cool story!

MadtownPacker
01-02-2008, 12:27 PM
Kamp just earned himself some lucky stars.

Scott Campbell
01-02-2008, 12:54 PM
Cool story!

Deputy Nutz
01-02-2008, 01:25 PM
How selfish to have Aaron Kampman risk injury to his already sore back by helping out.

Tarlam!
01-02-2008, 01:45 PM
How selfish to have Aaron Kampman risk injury to his already sore back by helping out.

ROTFLMAO!

GrnBay007
01-02-2008, 03:21 PM

I'm sure an honorable man like yourself would have helped out too Nutz. :D

Deputy Nutz
01-02-2008, 03:22 PM

I would help out a lady in a yellow bikini.

MJZiggy
01-02-2008, 03:23 PM

Maybe the wife had one on under her parka and snowpants.

GBRulz
01-02-2008, 03:29 PM
There is no doubt that Kampy would help out someone like that. That part i believe....but first of all....he doesn't drive a pick up truck. (I've only seen him in an SUV at least). Second, our snowmobile trails aren't even open due to a lack of snow. So I don't get how an embankment was run down by them? I guess I'm just nit picking because the story seems "weird" on a few levels!! I'm not shooting the messenger, 007...I promise :wink:

GrnBay007
01-02-2008, 03:41 PM
There is no doubt that Kampy would help out someone like that. That part i believe....but first of all....he doesn't drive a pick up truck. (I've only seen him in an SUV at least). Second, our snowmobile trails aren't even open due to a lack of snow. So I don't get how an embankment was run down by them? I guess I'm just nit picking because the story seems "weird" on a few levels!! I'm not shooting the messenger, 007...I promise :wink:

The email didn't say he was driving the pick up. Who knows. Anyway, the guy is for real. He's a very down to earth, nice guy. I've watched Packer/Bear games with him for several years. He's not an ass that would make up a story.

BTW....is this the week you quit smoking? :wink: :shock:

GBRulz
01-02-2008, 03:49 PM
I am so irritable, I can't even stand myself right now!! I think I just need to get through the first couple of weeks and then I'll be ok.

Yeah, this is my first week....day 3 actually :(

I really wasn't trying to dig on your story though and sorry it came out that way. I just know when you hear things from a friend of a friend type thing, stories can get stretched. and it just seemed weird, especially about the snowmobile thing because there haven't been any around due to lack of snow!

MJZiggy
01-02-2008, 03:55 PM
I am so irritable, I can't even stand myself right now!! I think I just need to get through the first couple of weeks and then I'll be ok.

Yeah, this is my first week....day 3 actually :(

You could always turn to liquor to help you through it. Or focus on how much easier it will be to fly through Chicago...

Just kidding. Make it through day 3 and worry about day 4 tomorrow.

The Shadow
01-02-2008, 04:02 PM
Why didn't Mark Chmura get more credit for once helping a young woman get safely into a hot tub?

orbindale65
01-02-2008, 06:01 PM
i heard today at school, from a reliable source, that Kamp and his wife gave their babysitters Super Bowl tickets for Christmas. what a guy.

Joemailman
01-02-2008, 07:11 PM

Help her! she's stuck in a pool and can't get out!

http://www.worldofstock.com/slides/PMO2729.jpg

Packers4Ever
01-02-2008, 07:40 PM
i heard today at school, from a reliable source, that Kamp and his wife gave their babysitters Super Bowl tickets for Christmas. what a guy.

Welcome to the Forum, orbindale 65, hope you enjoy being with us. Lots of neat folks and very football-knowledgeable too. Stop in frequently, you'll get to know people pretty quick.

What a neat, neat present for Kampy and wife to give to their sitters, wow !

packinpatland
01-02-2008, 07:41 PM
I've got that same pink float, I've got a pool...............damn.......used to have that yellow bikini....................some (alot) years ago. 8-)

packinpatland
01-02-2008, 07:42 PM

Welcome to the Forum, orbindale 65, hope you enjoy being with us. Lots of neat folks and very football-knowledgeable too. Stop in frequently, you'll get to know people pretty quick.

What a neat, neat present for Kampy and wife to give to their sitters, wow !

Can you imagine what they gave their lawn mower???? :shock:

MJZiggy
01-02-2008, 08:05 PM
...note to self: apply to be Kampy's personal assistant, secretary, housekeeper, mother's helper or whatever the hell else they might need....

packinpatland
01-02-2008, 08:06 PM
For the record..........007, I believe you.

esoxx
01-02-2008, 10:35 PM
In '99 I almost collided with Earl Dotson in GB. Crazy bastard came backing out of a driveway like the house was on fire and didn't even look. I had to make a quick severe turn to the left to get around him and avoid impact.

Crazy bastard.

Cheesehead Craig
01-02-2008, 11:37 PM
The other part of the story 007 forgot to mention was that Colledge stopped by first, but he kept pushing the truck the wrong way or flat out missed pushing the truck.

swede
01-03-2008, 07:22 AM
What a fun thread.

Life is better with Rats.

Zool
01-03-2008, 07:58 AM
The other part of the story 007 forgot to mention was that Colledge stopped by first, but he kept pushing the truck the wrong way or flat out missed pushing the truck.

I think that was earlier in the season. This weekend College tried to help, but couldn't get off the bench seat of the truck.