PDA

View Full Version : Sapp To Retire?

Scott Campbell
01-02-2008, 04:02 PM
From PFT:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

POSTED 7:43 p.m. EST, January 1, 2008

SAPP TELLS TEAMMATES HE'S DONE

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that Raiders defensive tackle Warren Sapp told some of his teammates on Friday that he plans to retire.

This nugget meshes with Monday remarks from coach Lane Kiffin, who said that Sapp has told the team what he plans to do, but who also said that it's something for Sapp to announce.

Drafted in 1995 by the Bucs after sliding due to some eleventh-hour marijuana rumors, Sapp became a superstar in Tampa. He has faded over the past few years, but still has likely done enough to land in the Hall of Fame.

The only question is whether his bust will have a Copenhagen lump in its lower lip.

GrnBay007
01-02-2008, 04:23 PM
I always thought it was funny to hear the way Sapp and Favre went back and forth jawing. I lost respect for him after that hit on Chad Clifton. Haven't paid attention to him since.

Scott Campbell
01-02-2008, 04:24 PM
I lost respect for him after that hit on Chad Clifton.

I expect talk of that cheap shot will follow him all the way to Canton.

Jimx29
01-02-2008, 04:42 PM
I always thought it was funny to hear the way Sapp and Favre went back and forth jawing. I lost respect for him after that hit on Chad Clifton. Haven't paid attention to him since.QFT

BallHawk
01-02-2008, 04:48 PM
Just to clarify, that means quoted for truth. :lol:

GrnBay007
01-02-2008, 04:52 PM
Just to clarify, that means quoted for truth. :lol:

LOL I already asked a couple months ago what QFT means. I feel like such a "hip online rat" knowing that. :P

gbgary
01-02-2008, 07:38 PM
I lost respect for him after that hit on Chad Clifton. Haven't paid attention to him since.

me too. i never really liked him before the Clifton incident but have dispised him since. i was hoping he and moss would languish in raider purgatory until their retirement but moss escaped damn it!

Pacopete4
01-02-2008, 08:25 PM
as much as that was a turd move by hitting clifton.. Sapp is one of the great competitors in this league and he deserves his due as one of the top DT's to play the game... its too bad he had to go out in such a crap way, hopefully he'l reconsider and go to a contending team that needs him just on certain downs..

Jimx29
01-02-2008, 11:01 PM
Just to clarify, that means quoted for truth. :lol:QFT

BlueBrewer
01-03-2008, 08:27 AM
I lost respect for him after that hit on Chad Clifton. Haven't paid attention to him since.

me too. i never really liked him before the Clifton incident but have dispised him since. i was hoping he and moss would languish in raider purgatory until their retirement but moss escaped damn it!

I'll play the devil's advocate here; How was Sapp's hit on Clifton any different than the one Jenkins put on Mcown the Raiders qb this year. Oh what a difference the color of a jersey makes on one's opinion.

MJZiggy
01-03-2008, 08:30 AM
McCown was running TOWARD the play...Clifton was on the other side of the field from the play and wasn't trying to get anywhere near the ballcarrier...If McCown weren't the QB, it wouldn't have even been noticed.

BlueBrewer
01-03-2008, 08:37 AM
There is no way MCown was going to make that play. I hate Sapp as much as the next guy but players make hits like that all the time in the NFL and every other level. If Clifton would not have been hurt we would not have that bad of a taste in our mouths. Two high profile players makes it bigger also.

BlueBrewer
01-03-2008, 08:44 AM
Tom Petty to perform at Super Bowl XLII halftime show

http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/story?id=09000d5d804bb825&template=with-video&confirm=true

Sweet!! Petty is my favorite all time. Thank god they got away from Timberlake Jackson type crap.

GrnBay007
01-03-2008, 08:45 AM
lol OOPs :oops: that wasn't supposed to go in this thread.

Scott Campbell
01-03-2008, 08:46 AM
A show I'm actually looking forward to.

Though I still wish they'd just leave it to football. I can't mix B flats with my X's and O's.

gbgary
01-03-2008, 10:13 AM

I'll play the devil's advocate here; How was Sapp's hit on Clifton any different than the one Jenkins put on Mcown the Raiders qb this year. Oh what a difference the color of a jersey makes on one's opinion.

i didn't see/know of Jenkins' hit. if it was on the scale of Sapp's than it was a dirty cheap-shot.

Jerry Tagge
01-03-2008, 10:16 AM
Was Sapp playing this year? I thought he retired 3 years ago. He should have since he's been invisible after going to Oakland.

gbgary
01-03-2008, 10:43 AM
Was Sapp playing this year? I thought he retired 3 years ago. He should have since he's been invisible after going to Oakland.

you wouldn't know he was around except the nfl channel keeps showing his dumb-ass face on one of their promos. when i see it i have to change the channel for a minute.