View Full Version : Tampa Hasn't Sold Out Playoff Game Yet

Scott Campbell
01-02-2008, 05:06 PM
Well this is pathetic.

From PFT:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

POSTED 12:58 p.m. EST, January 1, 2008

BUCS HAVEN'T SOLD OUT PLAYOFF GAME

Tickets for the Buccaneers' wild-card playoff game have been on sale for eleven days.

And they're still on sale.

Per our friends at Pewter Report, the game has not yet sold out. In fact, seats remain in all three levels of the team's stadium.

"I'm not disappointed," coach Jon Gruden said about the status of the ticket sales. "I'm confident that it will be a great crowd and it will be an enthusiastic one, and hopefully we get it sold out."

The guys at Pewter Report think that a 1-3 slump down the stretch might have tempered enthusiam. Or perhaps it's a byproduct of the top-heavy nature of the two conferences, or of the reality that the Bucs would never be able to beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl. Or maybe there's a sense that the 9-7 Bucs won't be able to topple a 10-6 Giants team that went toe-to-toe with the Pats.

Still, it's playoff football. And it's likely the last home game of the year -- unless the 'Skins scalp the Seahawks and the Cowboys and the Bucs best Brett Favre at Lambeau.

Tight end Anthony Becht is doing what he can to get the tickets purchased.

"I can't think of any reason why fans wouldn't want to come to this game," Becht said. "There are plenty of people in the Tampa-St. Pete-Clearwater community to come out. It's an opportunity for them to support us. I hear fans every week calling in to talk radio, to talk about our team. They need to come out and bring their friends out to the game. We got to the playoffs, we got them a home game. We need their support. It does need to be full. All fans need to be out there. I remember being out there in 2005 with the flags waving and everything. It was an awesome environment. I'm really looking forward to seeing that again. I would be very disappointed if we didn't see that."

GrnBay007
01-02-2008, 05:08 PM
Sad!!!

How long ago were the Packer tickets sold out?

Scott Campbell
01-02-2008, 05:13 PM
I'm sure if there were any available for non season ticket holders, they were probably snapped up in minutes.

How deflating must it be for the team when the tight end has to go begging for for people to show up?

VegasPackFan
01-02-2008, 05:47 PM
I heard something on ESPN radio this morning that they werent selling tickets to anyone outside the Tampa area - including NYG fans from NY trying to get tickets.

digitaldean
01-02-2008, 06:01 PM
Reminds me of when Trent Dilfer whined about so many cheeseheads coming to Tampa.

How sad is it for Tampa that they get the game blacked out if they don't sell it out. With the prices listed for tickets and their stupid policy of Tampa/Florida area only sales, it's no wonder they're not sold out.

Scott Campbell
01-02-2008, 06:02 PM
I heard something on ESPN radio this morning that they werent selling tickets to anyone outside the Tampa area - including NYG fans from NY trying to get tickets.

I'm really not sure what that will accomplish. The local brokers can still buy them, and they'll sell them to Giant fans.

Fosco33
01-02-2008, 07:23 PM
587 ticket listings alone at stubhub (likely about 1500 seats) for the TBD vs. Packers game on Jan 12th.

http://www.stubhub.com/green-bay-packers-playoff-tickets/?event_id=497663

Badgerinmaine
01-02-2008, 09:03 PM
Pitiful...kind of like how the Diamondbacks couldn't sell out their playoff games. I'm surprised the fans of the G-Men haven't figured out a way to swoop down and taken those tix off the market.

Badgerinmaine
01-02-2008, 09:11 PM
587 ticket listings alone at stubhub (likely about 1500 seats) for the TBD vs. Packers game on Jan 12th.

http://www.stubhub.com/green-bay-packers-playoff-tickets/?event_id=497663
Yeah, but someone has already bought and paid for those--not the same thing.
I will actually be back home in Wis. then--it's tempting to want to go...then I looked at the prices :shock:
AceTicket.com has a bunch, too, beginning at the low, low price of $270. No word if that includes cotton balls to clot the nosebleeding :whaa: I don't think I can buy my first house and those tickets all in a few weeks time...

MJZiggy
01-02-2008, 09:20 PM
There are enough New Yorkers living in Tampa that I'm shocked half of New York State hasn't got tickets hooked up. Then again, maybe they do.

GBRulz
01-03-2008, 11:09 AM
Reminds me of when Trent Dilfer whined about so many cheeseheads coming to Tampa.

How sad is it for Tampa that they get the game blacked out if they don't sell it out. With the prices listed for tickets and their stupid policy of Tampa/Florida area only sales, it's no wonder they're not sold out.

I went to the Tampa game annually. I know exactly what you're saying and thankfully my sister lived in FL or I'd never be able to get tix to the games. They started that BS policy right after cheeseheads invaded the ol Sombrero and embarrassed Dilfer !