PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Grant vs. Adrian Peterson

Pacopete4
01-02-2008, 07:07 PM
Now I want to point out that watching AP run is a very fun thing to do and the kid has mad skills, but why is being talked about so much when Ryan Grant is doing it better?

Here are my points to debate...

-Grant plays all downs, all game long because he is a runner, pass catcher, and can pass protect..... AP doesn't
-Grant has been the best rusher since he has started running, not AP
-Grant has scored in 7 of his 10 games which is 70%.. AP scored in 7 of 14 games
-Grant has 11 more receptions in less games
-Grant only averages .4 per yard less in rushing
-Grant has 1 fumble in 218 touches.. AP has 4 in 257

these are just a few things I've noticed so far.. now AP might have more talent in the long run.. we'l find out in years to come but I am just so sick of hearing how good this guy is.. how about he proves it in the field with consistency and not just big games every 4 weeks

the point i wanted to make is that right now, the better all around back is Ryan Grant

Partial
01-02-2008, 07:10 PM
Adrian Peterson dictates what a defense does. Grant does not (yet). End of story.

MJZiggy
01-02-2008, 07:11 PM
I agree. I tried to make that point in another thread and they acted like I'd lost my mind...

Brandon494
01-02-2008, 07:15 PM
Grant also has a hall of fame QB, AP does not.

Pacopete4
01-02-2008, 07:43 PM
AP has a billion dollar line blocking for him too... Grant has rookies or 2 year players

packinpatland
01-02-2008, 07:50 PM
AP has a billion dollar line blocking for him too... Grant has rookies or 2 year players

...............that will only get better :wink: watch out. :whaa:

Pacopete4
01-02-2008, 08:23 PM
haha, oh ya.. they'l be studs someday

my point was to show how special of a player we have in a packer uniform while all these other people talk about AP and how great he is..

Bossman641
01-02-2008, 08:26 PM
Grant is very good, he has been a huge boost to this team. His vision is amazing and I am really excited to see more of him. If anything, I wish we would give him the ball more.

However, AD is special. He has one of the best combinations of power and speed to come into the league in years. There's really no comparison.

Grant = Good
Peterson = Amazing

Pacopete4
01-02-2008, 08:29 PM
but why is he amazing.. thats where im lost.. i can look at a guys 40 time too but on the field contributions should count for something right? AP cant even pass block enough to get on the field for all 3 downs.. what does that say about him right there? To me, it says hes not a complete player for a running back in the NFL...

Pacopete4
01-02-2008, 08:30 PM
As an NFL running back

Grant= complete
AP= incomplete

As an athlete

Grant= good
AP= amazing

MJZiggy
01-02-2008, 08:35 PM
How can you guys say teams don't gameplan around Grant? They've had to totally rearrange the way they plan for Packer games because of him. Before Grant came along, nobody had to respect the running game in GB...now they have to and have to work to stop him.

In case you haven't been watching, check dude out--he's the guy with the football with all those guys behind him...(ok, I'm just posting it because it's a cool vid, but still...)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=k13kcSkLSZQ

Pacopete4
01-02-2008, 08:39 PM
that was a sweet video ziggy.. people will start to realize this kid is the real deal in the NFL when he keeps on truckin week in week out and AP hits a 200 yard game every 4 games...

HarveyWallbangers
01-02-2008, 09:20 PM

Good God! Put down the kool-aid. Peterson is just plain better than Grant. 20+ QBs had a better passer rating than Brett Favre last year. Did you think most of them were better than Favre? You can't base a player on stats without considering the circumstances.

Also, please see this thread.
http://packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=10398

Are there people that are such homers that they think Ryan Grant is comparable to Adrian Peterson? I like Grant a lot. I was one of the first on his bandwagon, but come on. Have you watched Peterson play? These types of homeristic views drive me batty.

BTW, Tauscher is in his 8th year. Clifton is in his 8th year. Wells is in his 4th or 5th year. Coston is in his 3rd year. Colledge and Spitz are in their 2nd years. Not much different than Minnesota. They have three veterans, a second year RT, and a second year starter at RG.

Bretsky
01-02-2008, 09:24 PM

Good God! Put down the kool-aid. Peterson is just plain better than Grant. 20+ QBs had a better passer rating than Brett Favre last year. Did you think most of them were better than Favre? You can't base a player on stats without considering the circumstances.

Also, please see this thread.
http://packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=10398

Are there people that are such homers that they think Ryan Grant is comparable to Adrian Peterson? I like Grant a lot. I was one of the first on his bandwagon, but come on. Have you watched Peterson play? These types of homeristic views drive me batty.

BTW, Tauscher is in his 8th year. Clifton is in his 8th year. Wells is in his 4th or 5th year. Coston is in his 3rd year. Colledge and Spitz are in their 2nd years. Not much different than Minnesota. They have three veterans, a second year RT, and a second year starter at RG.

:bclap:

RashanGary
01-02-2008, 09:31 PM
I want to see Adrian Peterson show me he can stay healthy for a season before I crown him. He's got talent (both physical and with whatever spacial sense allows a guy to feel out run lanes on a football field).

He runs high. Most guys who run like Peterson go from leg injury to leg injury to retirement. He's a fine player. He's worth the risk because the upside is so high. However, I wouldn't be the least bit suprised if Grant has a better next 4 years just because Peterson is out of action for big chunks.

HarveyWallbangers
01-02-2008, 09:34 PM
Peterson may be injury prone. We don't know yet. We don't know if Grant will be injury prone either. As far as talent, they aren't that comparable.

BallHawk
01-02-2008, 09:46 PM
The arguement isn't even close. Adrian Peterson is a one-of-a-kind RB, the type that doesn't come along very often. Grant is very good, but he isn't the guy that you would base the future of your team off. Peterson is.

ny10804
01-02-2008, 09:54 PM
Yea really. Teams stacked the box to limit Peterson, knowing Minny's QB and shotty receiving core weren't going to hurt them. I haven't seen too many (any?) teams do that with Grant.

Scott Campbell
01-02-2008, 09:55 PM
Dollar for dollar, we get better production out of Grant.

:P

SkinBasket
01-02-2008, 09:57 PM
Didn't we just do this?

Pacopete4
01-02-2008, 10:00 PM
Peterson may be injury prone. We don't know yet. We don't know if Grant will be injury prone either. As far as talent, they aren't that comparable.

im not sure where i ever said peterson wasn't more talented... actually wait.. i said that peterson is more talented.. but whos the more complete back this year? its not AP i'll tell ya that much.. there is no cool aid when u look at whos on the field all 3 downs, who is more of a pass catcher, touchdowns per game.... those are all things that tell me who was the more complete player this year...

but yes, watchin AP is exciting.. but did he do it every game he played this year? NOOOOPE....

Partial
01-02-2008, 10:01 PM
Skin you're a real dick. Literally. :lol:

SkinBasket
01-02-2008, 10:02 PM
Skin you're a real dick. Literally. :lol:

HUGE cock.

Partial
01-02-2008, 10:04 PM
I would be interested in seeing how people think Ahman Green in his prime compares to Peterson. Peterson seems like a rare specimen.

BallHawk
01-02-2008, 10:06 PM
I would be interested in seeing how people think Ahman Green in his prime compares to Peterson. Peterson seems like a rare specimen.

That comparison has been made a few times around here.

Partial
01-02-2008, 10:07 PM
Thats interesting because I could see Grant going on to have a few Ahman-esque years. He is a pretty darn good running back. He's fast and powerful, just like Ahman. I doubt he is quite as fast, but he seems to outrun everyone on the field consistently.

Pacopete4
01-02-2008, 10:08 PM
AP is the best of all time... just look at his highlight reel... best ever, best ever..... :shock:

Partial
01-02-2008, 10:13 PM
AP is the best of all time... just look at his highlight reel... best ever, best ever..... :shock:

He had one of the years for a running back ever, despite missing a few game and teams stacking against him to end the year. There is no doubt he is a stud. Grant could very well be a stud too. I was certainly impressed with him.

BallHawk
01-02-2008, 10:14 PM

He had one of the years for a running back ever, despite missing a few game and teams stacking against him to end the year.

Considering he didn't even lead the league in yards, I wouldn't call it a season for the ages. He'll have plenty of those if he keeps this up, however.

Pacopete4
01-02-2008, 10:32 PM
he's still not even close to LT's class... give me this horshit answer of they stacked the box... oh and they dont for LT?.. haha its laughable, hes good but people went on him way to early sayin hes the best ever.. hes not even the best in the game..

gex
01-02-2008, 11:30 PM
Adrian Peterson 238 1341 5.6 73 12

Chester Taylor 157 844 5.4 84 7

Mewelde Moore 20 113 5.6 17 0

I think he is just another product of a good offensive line. I also think he's no slouch, but he's not the second comming of Barry Sanders.

Zool
01-03-2008, 12:55 AM
Put a pro QB and pro WR's on the Vikes, then watch what he can do. Thank goodness they have Childress, Tarvaris and Butter Fingers Williamson.

Partial
01-03-2008, 01:32 AM

He had one of the years for a running back ever, despite missing a few game and teams stacking against him to end the year.

Considering he didn't even lead the league in yards, I wouldn't call it a season for the ages. He'll have plenty of those if he keeps this up, however.

He also missed two games and played with a huge brace for 4 games. He would have led the league in yards by a mile.

Tarlam!
01-03-2008, 01:37 AM
Why are we doing this twice?

packers11
01-03-2008, 01:50 AM
Why are we doing this twice?

yes I was asking myself the same question...

The real question is... WHOS READY FOR THE PLAYOFFS?!

Guess we can't compare that with the Vikings :lol: :wink: