PDA

View Full Version : Cam Cameron Canned

KYPack
01-03-2008, 09:03 AM
The first "Parcell shoe" dropped this AM.

The Dolphins are going in a different direction & Cam Cameron is not gonna be traveling with 'em.

Big Bill is looking at the Dallas staff for his next HC.

LL2
01-03-2008, 09:15 AM
Parcells wants his own guy. He will probably go after Jason Garrett of the Cowboys, but Jones will most likely tell Garrett he'll be the next Cowboys head coach if he sticks around.

hurleyfan
01-03-2008, 09:31 AM
Parcells wants his own guy. He will probably go after Jason Garrett of the Cowboys, but Jones will most likely tell Garrett he'll be the next Cowboys head coach if he sticks around.

I think you hit the nail right on the head! Garrett will be the first choice

Harlan Huckleby
01-03-2008, 09:42 AM
Parcells is guaranteed to be successful. How can you not improve on 1-15? (don't anybody say it.)

I predict bad things for Miami. Well, we'll see, maybe he can find a GM and Coach that function well under a control freak, but I'll have to see it to believe it.

pbmax
01-03-2008, 09:53 AM
This was Bill's other shoe, his first went flying when he kicked GM Randy Mueller out of the building. And the rumor is not Garrett on the Cowboys staff (he was a Jones hire not Tuna) but the O Line coach.

hurleyfan
01-03-2008, 09:54 AM
Parcells is guaranteed to be successful. How can you not improve on 1-15? (don't anybody say it.)

I predict bad things for Miami. Well, we'll see, maybe he can find a GM and Coach that function well under a control freak, but I'll have to see it to believe it.

Parcell already has his GM(from the Cowbays orginization) so I would imagine he knows Ireland can work under this regime...

KYPack
01-03-2008, 10:16 AM
This was Bill's other shoe, his first went flying when he kicked GM Randy Mueller out of the building. And the rumor is not Garrett on the Cowboys staff (he was a Jones hire not Tuna) but the O Line coach.

Didn't hear the Mueller story, that's vintage Tuna.

Sporano is the guy that everyone says is BP's choice.

Really, shouldn't the GM hire the HC?

Charles Woodson
01-03-2008, 10:20 AM

can you get much worse than 1-15?

Guiness
01-03-2008, 10:47 AM
You can get a lot worse than 1-15. The next step is a quantum leap! But I doubt it will happen...the planets have to align just right :?
They almost did for Miami this year, but I don't think they'll come that close again.

Going into this season, I honestly though Oakland had a better shot at putting a goose egg in the win column than Miami.

I wonder if there's any good reason BP booted Cameron? Not that there has to be, he probably just wanted to assert himself. Not that anyone would think that megalomanic wasn't assertive!

Other than the obvious (coaching a team to 1-15) I didn't think CC was badly thought of, and after only 2yrs, it's not like he was entrenched and BP had to get rid of him to change the atmosphere or something.

Merlin
01-03-2008, 12:38 PM
You have to wonder what teams like Detroit are thinking keeping Matt Millen. There are so many great football minds out there you would think that if Detroit was serious about winning they would go after someone.

I don't know what kind of VP Parcel's will make. He was a good coach and would probably be a great GM. I wouldn't be surprised if he took a run at Garrett, but you still have Brian Billick, Bill Cowher, Marty Schottenheimer, and also Mike Holmgren hasn't received a contract extension from Seattle yet (long shot). I don't think the Tuna will take a risk on someone who isn't a proven success as a coach.

Tyrone Bigguns
01-03-2008, 12:42 PM
I don't know what kind of VP Parcel's will make. He was a good coach and would probably be a great GM. I wouldn't be surprised if he took a run at Garrett, but you still have Brian Billick, Bill Cowher, Marty Schottenheimer, and also Mike Holmgren hasn't received a contract extension from Seattle yet (long shot). I don't think the Tuna will take a risk on someone who isn't a proven success as a coach.

He won't go after Garrett. He won't go after proven coaches either. LOL

Sometimes i wonder if you actually follow football.

Zool
01-03-2008, 12:53 PM
I also dont think Parcells will bring in an established coach/gm type. He seems too egomaniacle to bring in someone who might show him up.

Merlin
01-03-2008, 12:57 PM

You just aren't worth the effort.

Zool
01-03-2008, 01:02 PM

Damnitall. This 13-3 season has softened Merlin.

Pacopete4
01-03-2008, 01:23 PM
isnt it kinda sweet that we've been lucky enough to transition so smoothly where a lot of these teams are in a hole that looks to keep getting deeper and deeper

hurleyfan
01-03-2008, 01:26 PM
I also dont think Parcells will bring in an established coach/gm type. He seems too egomaniacle to bring in someone who might show him up.

Jeff Ireland was named the GM the other day.. don't know much about him, but he did come from the Cowboys org...

BallHawk
01-03-2008, 01:28 PM
isnt it kinda sweet that we've been lucky enough to transition so smoothly where a lot of these teams are in a hole that looks to keep getting deeper and deeper

I think the way our franchise operates and the fanbase behind the franchise helped a lot. It isn't appealing for players and coaches to play in a stadium on Sundays only to find it half empty. Atlanta and Miami are both going to have a long road ahead. I think Miami, however, if they can hit on some draft picks this year and pray that John Beck turns out for the best, can get back to .500 football in about 2 years. Atlanta, on the other hand, I think they're in trouble for a while. What base do they have to build off? Aging RB, no QB, etc. They're screwed.

hurleyfan
01-03-2008, 01:32 PM
Maurice Carthon was just mentioned!

Definetly not Jason Garrett!

Tyrone Bigguns
01-03-2008, 01:59 PM

That's ok. I have enough energy for the both of us.

Gotta suck to be wrong so often.

Charles Woodson
01-03-2008, 04:04 PM

I think the way our franchise operates and the fanbase behind the franchise helped a lot. It isn't appealing for players and coaches to play in a stadium on Sundays only to find it half empty. Atlanta and Miami are both going to have a long road ahead. I think Miami, however, if they can hit on some draft picks this year and pray that John Beck turns out for the best, can get back to .500 football in about 2 years. Atlanta, on the other hand, I think they're in trouble for a while. What base do they have to build off? Aging RB, no QB, etc. They're screwed.

it would take quite the miracle to turn beck into something decent. ive watched almost every dolphins game this year and he is just awful. They brought him into the game last week, and the first snap he fumbles... His throws arent even that good. Their old Gm, muhler really screwed them over in taking beck. Ginn is shaping up alright, they need to trade zach thomas, and jason taylor and just start from scratch

Harlan Huckleby
01-03-2008, 04:23 PM

They don't really have a GM or HC. They have Bill Parcells and his dancing monkeys. Parcells says he doesn't want to be a GM or HC. Except that he is acting as both.

This won't work, you'll see. The players will respect Parcells, not care about the monkeys. The monkeys will quickly become demoralized.

The Leaper
01-03-2008, 04:39 PM
We need someone to put together a picture of Bill Parcells and dancing monkeys. Better yet, a smiley of Parcells and dancing monkeys. That may come in handy in the next few years.

MJZiggy
01-03-2008, 05:53 PM

They don't really have a GM or HC. They have Bill Parcells and his dancing monkeys. Parcells says he doesn't want to be a GM or HC. Except that he is acting as both.

This won't work, you'll see. The players will respect Parcells, not care about the monkeys. The monkeys will quickly become demoralized.

I see it as genius. He hires a GM and HC, that don't really know what they're doing, then controls them to his liking for a few years while they learn on the job and just about the time they get it figured out, he retires and everyone calls him a genius for hiring them. Just have to figure out if Ireland fits this model...

Harlan Huckleby
01-04-2008, 12:57 AM
He hires a GM and HC, that don't really know what they're doing, then controls them to his liking for a few years while they learn on the job

The problem is that the guys he hires are seasoned professionals used to operating in important jobs. These are not trainees at McDonalds with an eye on the assistant manager position. They will think they know what is best to do, even if they pretend to accept their simian roles. What you get out of such a situation is frustration and poor performance from the underlings.

Parcells does not have the energy to be either a coach or GM, he has as much as admitted that. HE is only interested in meddling.

I've seen similar management situations many times and it NEVER works.