PDA

View Full Version : Weather

PaCkFan_n_MD
01-04-2008, 10:30 AM
I know its still early and things may change, but right now it looks like it will be snowing during the game.

Would this play against us??

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USWI0288?from=36hr_topnav_undeclared

BlueBrewer
01-04-2008, 11:05 AM
I know its still early and things may change, but right now it looks like it will be snowing during the game.

Would this play against us??

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USWI0288?from=36hr_topnav_undeclared

30% means maybe some flurries, and it's a big advantage if we play Tampa.

Scott Campbell
01-04-2008, 11:31 AM
Those guys have a hard enough time predicting yesterdays weather. I'd wait until a couple of days before the game.

oregonpackfan
01-04-2008, 11:40 AM
Those guys have a hard enough time predicting yesterdays weather. I'd wait until a couple of days before the game.

Amen to that thought! I just do not believe there is any meteorologist capable of accurately predicting weather that far in advance.

BallHawk
01-04-2008, 12:04 PM
Snow doesn't hurt us, it's the wind that hurts us. As long as we don't have another Chicago weather situation (and I doubt we will) the only thing we'll have to concentrate on is the other team.

outflow
01-04-2008, 05:56 PM

Amen to that thought! I just do not believe there is any meteorologist capable of accurately predicting weather that far in advance.

At this time of the year, capable of giving you a reasonable answer for either the warm or cold side of freezing. Also able to give you the climatological norm for precipitation chances.

CaliforniaCheez
01-04-2008, 08:38 PM

Thats the truth!! More than 48 hours is not good.

Of course the weather could change but its been very bad on the West Coast by West Coast standards.

This weekend Seattle will be raining a cold rain.

Good - I have been to their reletively new stadium and it is artificial turf and good drainage.

Bad - It's been raining for days and the game will be during the second(lower of the 2) high tide of the day. The drainage system capacity will be tested. High tide means less room for the water to go.

San Diego - Been there too but never in these conditions. It has rained their for a few days.

Good - It doesn't rain much and the ground can soak up some water. The game will be during the lowest of the 2 low tides allowing more rapid drainage.

Bad - Natural surface. Very likely drainage was not a priority in stadium design. It only seems to rain in January and Padresa and Charger rarely play in January. The ground may have absorbed it's capacity already.

San Diego field conditions I think will be worse but not as bad as Heinz Field.

I don't know enough of the East Coast to address weather there.