PDA

View Full Version : Belicheat:Coach of the year = Brady: MVP.....Lame!!!

PackerBlues
01-04-2008, 06:56 PM
If Belicheat can win Coach of the Year when everyone fully expected the Pats to be a SB contender at the start of the season anyway, I guess this means that I will be puking when they announce Brady as the league MVP also.

I agree with the statements made by Woody in other threads. The fact that Belicheat and his talent laden Patriots went undefeated does not impress me nearly as much as what M3 did with the youngest team in the NFL, which by the way, didn't even have a running game to speak of until around the 5'th or 6'th week of the season.

While going undefeated is impressive, it is not surprising. Everyone knew that the Patriots were a damned good team going into this season, and if at the start of this last season, you were to tell anyone in a "matter-of-fact" kind of way, that you expected the Patriots to go to the Super Bowl, they would have looked at you like you were an idiot, and said "Wow, really going out on a limb there, aren't ya"......in a voice dripping with sarcasm. However, if anyone had said that they expected the Packers to go to the Super Bowl (or the playoffs for that matter) at the start of the season, they would have been given a tight fitting jacket to wear in a nice padded cell somewhere. :crazy:

So, now I suppose Brady will be named MVP also. Without Moss being there to catch the jump-balls that Brady "lobbed" in his general direction, Brady's stats would not be so stellar. That is besides the fact that Brady could have sat in the pocket and written and sent Moss a letter telling him to expect a jump ball.......because his O-line gave him excellent protection all day long.

Take an already great team, then add Randy Moss. I am not impressed by the fact that they went unbeaten. In fact, I would have been suprised if anyone had beaten them this year with the parity in the league. What people should be impressed with, and what should be the story of the year, is that a team like the Packers, that nobody, including myself thought would even make playoffs, let alone .500..............went 13-3 without the use of a running game for the first part of the season. That is something to be impressed by!

In my eyes, regardless of any award that belicheat won, M3 was without a doubt, the coach of the year, and considering how well Favre managed the games he played in minus a running game.........again, in my eyes, Favre has earned his 4'TH MVP award. (I admit to being a little biased......but not much.)

Deputy Nutz
01-04-2008, 07:45 PM
I really thought that up until the Chicago game McCarthy was going to get the award, but they way his team came out and layed an egg he lost the award.

Brady broke the single season passing TD mark, and Moss tied or broke( I can't remember which) the single season receiving TD mark. They should both be co-mvps.

PackerBlues
01-04-2008, 08:23 PM
Brady broke the single season passing TD mark, and Moss tied or broke( I can't remember which) the single season receiving TD mark. They should both be co-mvps.

Co-MVP would be easier for me to swallow I suppose, but while Brady could not have done it without Moss, I think that Moss can make any team better with the help of even an average QB. Culpepper was absolutely nothing without Moss, and yet the Vikings won quite a few games with Culpepper at the helm.

Here is a no-brainer statement that could win me the understatement of the year award......"No matter which team Randy Moss plays for next year, he will make the QB look way better than he has ever looked before."

As far as TD receptions, in 7 years with the Vikings, in Moss's worst year, he had 7 TD receptions, and other than that year, never less than 10 TD receptions, and twice (1998 and 2003) he recorded 17 TD receptions. So far as I know, that was without a QB that was worth a shit.

Insert Tom Brady, and Moss has 23 TD receptions.........only 6 more TD's than his best season to date.

On the other hand, Tom Brady has twice managed to throw his personal best of 28 TD passes in a season during his career before the addition of Randy Moss.

Insert Randy Moss, and Brady has 22 more TD passes than he has ever thrown in a season, for a total of 50 TD passes. While that is very impressive, it would never have been possible without Moss.

That tells me all I need to know about who the most valuable player on the patriots team is........and its not Tom Brady!

packinpatland
01-04-2008, 08:26 PM
Maybe it will be another tie..................................the Pretty Boy and the Iron Man :wink:

Bretsky
01-04-2008, 08:48 PM
I really thought that up until the Chicago game McCarthy was going to get the award, but they way his team came out and layed an egg he lost the award.

Most of the voting was done after the Packers sucked the biggie against the Bears and NE pulled another one off

Anybody who didn't see this coming was smoking the homer weed

I think MM should be coach of the year; but I'd have bet a loot on BB getting the award.

And Brady is the MVP.

4and12to12and4
01-04-2008, 08:49 PM
When you go undefeated and you throw more TD's than anyone in history, they have no choice, they pretty much had to give it to 'em. Come on, did anyone here really think otherwise. The only possibility of them not getting it was them getting caught cheating. Otherwise, it was a foregone conclusion. That's just how it is. We chose a shitty year to be 13-3. But, who cares, we are 13-3! Brett's not winning anything. No way do they stiff Brady with those sick numbers. There would be a federal investigation. The QB in Oakland had Moss and Porter and couldn't do shit with 'em, so, you've gotta give Brady some credit.

Bretsky
01-04-2008, 08:50 PM

Co-MVP would be easier for me to swallow I suppose, but while Brady could not have done it without Moss, I think that Moss can make any team better with the help of even an average QB. Culpepper was absolutely nothing without Moss, and yet the Vikings won quite a few games with Culpepper at the helm.

Here is a no-brainer statement that could win me the understatement of the year award......"No matter which team Randy Moss plays for next year, he will make the QB look way better than he has ever looked before."

As far as TD receptions, in 7 years with the Vikings, in Moss's worst year, he had 7 TD receptions, and other than that year, never less than 10 TD receptions, and twice (1998 and 2003) he recorded 17 TD receptions. So far as I know, that was without a QB that was worth a shit.

Insert Tom Brady, and Moss has 23 TD receptions.........only 6 more TD's than his best season to date.

On the other hand, Tom Brady has twice managed to throw his personal best of 28 TD passes in a season during his career before the addition of Randy Moss.

Insert Randy Moss, and Brady has 22 more TD passes than he has ever thrown in a season, for a total of 50 TD passes. While that is very impressive, it would never have been possible without Moss.

That tells me all I need to know about who the most valuable player on the patriots team is........and its not Tom Brady!

I had a thread a while back glorifying how Moss has elevated the statistics of Culpepper, Jeff George, and now Brady. Oakland was the exception.

Regardless Brady should still win the MVP hands down. He elevated the play of the entire offense making Wes Welker sometimes look like a pro bowler. His TD to INT ratio was nothing short of incredible.

b bulldog
01-04-2008, 09:06 PM
Should we penalize Brett for having WR's that are so good after the catch and make huge plays on their own that statistic wise, Brett gets credit for?? Moss most certainly makes Brady a better QB, NO DENYING that but so does Welker and Stallworth.

b bulldog
01-04-2008, 09:08 PM
Brady should win in a landslide.

Bretsky
01-04-2008, 09:08 PM
Should we penalize Brett for having WR's that are so good after the catch and make huge plays on their own that statistic wise, Brett gets credit for?? Moss most certainly makes Brady a better QB, NO DENYING that but so does Welker and Stallworth.

Spot on; Moss probably makes Brady better. I'd say Brady makes Welker and Stallworth better because he's so accurate and mistake free

b bulldog
01-04-2008, 09:09 PM
I love Welker as a football player, the guy has moxie

Bretsky
01-04-2008, 09:17 PM
Note To Bulldog

Bretsky is becoming worried that we are agreeing too much and ponders how we rarely ever agreed on anything in the past

packinpatland
01-04-2008, 09:42 PM
Against the Jets, the Patriots may have won, but Brady DID NOT play that well. His QB rating was in the 50's and he didn't have a TD pass.
He's not perfect.
Oh, I forgot..........it was bad weather.

Bretsky
01-04-2008, 09:46 PM
Against the Jets, the Patriots may have won, but Brady DID NOT play that well. His QB rating was in the 50's and he didn't have a TD pass.
He's not perfect.

Brady did not play well against the Jets; he was victimized by a few drops and he didn't throw up any gimme INT's. But he didn't make great plays either.

BB and Brady got by the Jets in horrid weather while MM and Favre could not do the same with the Bears. Makes for an interesting comparison

packinpatland
01-04-2008, 10:16 PM
He's not perfect.

Brady did not play well against the Jets; he was victimized by a few drops and he didn't throw up any gimme INT's. But he didn't make great plays either.

BB and Brady got by the Jets in horrid weather while MM and Favre could not do the same with the Bears. Makes for an interesting comparison

INT's don't come with *'s. Either your guy catches the ball or the other guy does...........or in Brady case your are 'victimized' by a dropped ball. :lol:

packinpatland
01-04-2008, 10:18 PM
All this talk is for naught..................GB is going to win the Super Bowl and Favre is going to get the MVP where/when it matters the most. :cow:

Partial
01-04-2008, 10:37 PM

Benefactor of playing next to Moss. I think he is overrated now.

esoxx
01-04-2008, 11:00 PM
Should we penalize Brett for having WR's that are so good after the catch and make huge plays on their own that statistic wise, Brett gets credit for??

Yes, I believe we should.

Taking Favre's 95.4 QB rating for the season, we can clearly see the YAC component averaging 86.7 per game. If we extrapolate that out over the 16 game season, we find this would diminish, and yes penalize Favre a combined ratio of 56.833%

The adjusted QB rating would thus be reduced to a very pedestrian 77.2.

PackerBlues
01-05-2008, 03:14 AM

Benefactor of playing next to Moss. I think he is overrated now.

If I am reading his stats correctly off of NFL.com, in 2004, Wes Welker played in 14 games with the Dolphins, and simply had 4 fumbles with one loss for his only stats.......whatever the hell that means. After that, in 2006, he had 687yards and 1 TD reception....as his most productive year before going to NE. where he recorded 1,175 and 8 TD receptions.........

Yeah, maybe Brady made Welker look better than he is......but can anyone tell me who the Dolphins QB has been since 2003-2004? Playing with Moss couldn't have hurt his chances of getting a ball thrown his way now and then either, lol.

Partial
01-05-2008, 03:32 AM
He was a great return man. He still is. I don't think he is a top 30 receiver in the game. He does appear to be good in the slot, though, very similiar to a Stokely. I think he is one of the most over-hyped players right now. Anybody would look good with a blue chipper in moss and a very solid #2 for most teams in Stallworth.

Scott Campbell
01-05-2008, 04:15 AM
I could really care less who wins these beauty contests. There's a bigger prize out there for the taking.

packinpatland
01-05-2008, 08:03 AM
I could really care less who wins these beauty contests. There's a bigger prize out there for the taking.

On this one, we have a meeting of the minds.............

Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:18 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All this talk is for naught..................GB is going to win the Super Bowl and Favre is going to get the MVP where/when it matters the most.

b bulldog
01-05-2008, 08:33 AM
SB wins rank number one for me also.