PDA

View Full Version : Wildcard Weekend Game Thread - updated title

Pages : 1 [2]

The Shadow
01-05-2008, 10:39 PM
On Garrad's romp on 4th down on the last Jag's drive, #23 for the Steelers looked suspiciously like Mark Roman : wait for the runner to come to you, then remain frozen by a 3rd rate fake and allow him to run right past you.

gbgary
01-05-2008, 10:40 PM
ben stood waiting......class act!

Partial
01-05-2008, 10:40 PM
Dagger. I bet NE is praying that the Titans show up to play tomorrow.

I'm guessing they could care less.....they got some serious swagger.

Fair enough. At the very least, I am sure the Jags hope that San Diego wins then so they don't have to go back to the dome. They can never seem to get over the hump at Indy.

Scott Campbell
01-05-2008, 10:52 PM
I think Grady looks trimmer.

BallHawk
01-06-2008, 12:03 AM
I will say this about Steelers fans- they are first rate. Looking at some Steelers forums most posters aren't blaming the refs or calling for some conspiracy theory. The echoed statement seems to be "Tough loss but we fought hard, thanks for the season Steelers, see ya next year."

Will it be the same over here if the Pack fall in defeat? :?:

Bretsky
01-06-2008, 12:14 AM
I will say this about Steelers fans- they are first rate. Looking at some Steelers forums most posters aren't blaming the refs or calling for some conspiracy theory. The echoed statement seems to be "Tough loss but we fought hard, thanks for the season Steelers, see ya next year."

Will it be the same over here if the Pack fall in defeat? :?:

HECK NO

A good loser is often one who expects to lose :wink:

Pacopete4
01-06-2008, 03:32 AM
steelers will win this game

it's gonna take 3 tds........i don't think it's gonna happen.

i know they lost.. but i could see the comeback coming

RashanGary
01-06-2008, 11:03 AM
ARE YOU GUYS READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!

RashanGary
01-06-2008, 12:42 PM
Wow, this is the first time I've watched Tampa. They're good.

Partial
01-06-2008, 12:55 PM
Tampa's pass rush is ridiculous. Eli finally had a decent drive there. 7-7.

Toomer reminds me of a poor mans donald driver.

Partial
01-06-2008, 01:22 PM
Brandon Jacobs looks like a pretty darn good back.

RashanGary
01-06-2008, 01:26 PM
The Giants make the mistake every game of trying to run it down the opponents throat when 8 guys are stacked in the box. Then they do NOTHING, realize they have to pass and then start moving the ball.

RashanGary
01-06-2008, 01:28 PM
I don't think Eli is a GREAT player or anything. He's obviously not his brother but I think he's an OK quarterback. If teams want to give up the pass, I think he's good enough to take it. They just have to recognize it instead of running into 3 and outs.

Lurker64
01-06-2008, 01:32 PM
This game is likely going to come down to whether Eli's brain overheats and shuts down in the fourth quarter.

MJZiggy
01-06-2008, 01:37 PM
This game is likely going to come down to whether Eli's brain overheats and shuts down in the fourth quarter.

If it does, is he looking for a job next season?

b bulldog
01-06-2008, 01:37 PM
The Gmen are the better team imo. Eli's play of late has been better. I do think the Giants have a better shot in Dallas than the Bucs do.

Partial
01-06-2008, 02:12 PM
Eli looks pretty good the past couple of series. He reminds me a lot of his brother today, which has not been the case for most of his young career.

Partial
01-06-2008, 02:18 PM
Eli is carving up that cover 2 this drive. Time to start sending some heat again.

RashanGary
01-06-2008, 02:18 PM
I've watched probably 10 games of Eli's career. He's always been pretty good in my opinion. He throws a couple "what the hell was that" passes in every game, but overall I thought he's been one of the better young QB's in the league. I think the comparison to Peyton is what makes it hard for him to ever win. If his name wasn't Manning, I don't think he'd get all of the scrutiny. That and playing in NY.

Partial
01-06-2008, 02:23 PM
Solid, solid drive by Eli.

Joemailman
01-06-2008, 02:25 PM
Giants look really good. I know they lost twice to the Cowboys in the regular season, but they are playing better at the end of the season than the Cowboys are. Should be interesting next week.

Partial
01-06-2008, 02:31 PM
Well, should make for an entertaining fourth quarter.

Partial
01-06-2008, 02:33 PM
Wasn't Dave Tollfeson in Packers camp last year as a rookie out of Appalachia State or some other smaller school?

Partial
01-06-2008, 02:35 PM
That was a fast drive by Tampa. 10 point game now.

Freak Out
01-06-2008, 02:37 PM
If we can take care of business at home against the Hawks we might just get a home championship game...I think the Giants have a good shot at beating the Cowboys....so Eli and company can come fold in the cold.

b bulldog
01-06-2008, 02:58 PM
Dave T was in our camp and the Gman can definitely beat the Boys if Eli plays within himself.

b bulldog
01-06-2008, 03:00 PM
2006 7th rounder

RashanGary
01-06-2008, 03:11 PM
Wasn't Dave Tollfeson in Packers camp last year as a rookie out of Appalachia State or some other smaller school?

Hahaha, I think so. WTF, TT? Why let him go.

I thought he was a 7th round pick out of a some small school in Hawaii or something.

RashanGary
01-06-2008, 03:12 PM
NW Missouri State.

I laughed when I saw that name. Looks like he might last a couple years. He looked bigger.

Partial
01-06-2008, 03:16 PM
Well, I really don't care who wins this next game but it should be entertaining.

RashanGary
01-06-2008, 03:18 PM
I can see Dallas running on NY. They will get their points. If NY is going to win, they're going to have to get good ST's play, score 7 instead of 3 and win the turn over battle.

Joemailman
01-06-2008, 03:20 PM

Hahaha, I think so. WTF, TT? Why let him go.

I thought he was a 7th round pick out of a some small school in Hawaii or something.

I think Tollefson was on the Packers practice squad, and was originally picked up by Oakland.

Partial
01-06-2008, 03:21 PM
The key to that game will be making Tony Romo beat them. They get a ton of pressure and if they can stop the run they'll be successful imo.

cpk1994
01-06-2008, 03:25 PM
Karmas a bitch, ain't it Ronde?

Rastak
01-06-2008, 03:36 PM
So the first play of the Titans-Chargers......how was that not an illegal formation?

b bulldog
01-06-2008, 03:41 PM
The key to the Dallas game will be if they can apply pressure with their front four as they have much of the season and how healthy Owens is.

Partial
01-06-2008, 03:42 PM
This should be an interesting game.

packers11
01-06-2008, 04:11 PM
What the heck is happening to San Diego...

3-0 ... End of first quarter

TennesseePackerBacker
01-06-2008, 04:22 PM
So the first play of the Titans-Chargers......how was that not an illegal formation?

I'm pretty sure as long as you have the required amount of players on the line of scrimmage you can pretty much line them up where ever you want.

We used to run something like it in H.S., think they called it the Swinging Gate.

gbgary
01-06-2008, 04:57 PM
The key to the Dallas game will be if they can apply pressure with their front four as they have much of the season and how healthy Owens is.

eli got a shot of confidence today. maybe he'll get lucky next week.

Lurker64
01-06-2008, 05:19 PM
Chargers might consider putting Rayner in if they have to kick anything longer than about 30 yards.

gbgary
01-06-2008, 06:07 PM
norv turner's hat is too small.

Rastak
01-06-2008, 06:16 PM

I'm pretty sure as long as you have the required amount of players on the line of scrimmage you can pretty much line them up where ever you want.

We used to run something like it in H.S., think they called it the Swinging Gate.

Maybe, but I thought there needed to be a certain number of players to the left and the right of the center. If you move a left tackle out it's a penalty. The center was all alone on that play. I'm just curious, I have no idea what the rule is.

Partial
01-06-2008, 06:24 PM
I think you just need to have 7 men on the line of scrimmage.

Rastak
01-06-2008, 06:31 PM

What constitutes the line? Are wideouts considered part of the line then, as long as they line up directly on the line of scrimmage?

Partial
01-06-2008, 06:34 PM

What constitutes the line? Are wideouts considered part of the line then, as long as they line up directly on the line of scrimmage?

Split end is. Flanker is not. Flanker is technically a back.

Imagine the I-formation for a moment. You tight end is on the same level as the the 5 linemen. A receiver is as well. The other receiver is normally a few feet behind.

Imagine an i-formation with a two tight-end set. Typically, one of them is a couple feet behind the linemen while the other is on the line. Or, they are both on the line and the one receiver split wide is not. It gets fuzzy imo when people are in motion because they clearly have to pull back from the line to move.

In a three wide set from the i-formation, two of the receivers are on the line, and I believe it is typically the slot receiver that lines up a few steps behind the line.

gbgary
01-06-2008, 06:53 PM
I can see Dallas running on NY.

for whatever reason ny is a good road team. dallas has been taking a lot of heat around here for the poor running of late. since the Green Bay game they've averaged 72.25 yards/game. the last time they played ny they got 80. combine this and the loss, or at most an 80% t.o., and i think dallas is ripe for the picking.

BallHawk
01-06-2008, 06:55 PM
Well, that last game sucked.

Looking forward to the upcoming weekend. All of them are going to be great games.

Rastak
01-06-2008, 07:29 PM

Split end is. Flanker is not. Flanker is technically a back.

Imagine the I-formation for a moment. You tight end is on the same level as the the 5 linemen. A receiver is as well. The other receiver is normally a few feet behind.

Imagine an i-formation with a two tight-end set. Typically, one of them is a couple feet behind the linemen while the other is on the line. Or, they are both on the line and the one receiver split wide is not. It gets fuzzy imo when people are in motion because they clearly have to pull back from the line to move.

In a three wide set from the i-formation, two of the receivers are on the line, and I believe it is typically the slot receiver that lines up a few steps behind the line.

You must be right because no penalty was called...did you see the play inquestion? They lined up all the guards and tackles split left and only had a center, a qb and a rb in the center of the field on the first snap.

Partial
01-06-2008, 08:10 PM
I didn't. That sounds like a really bizzare play!!

Joemailman
01-06-2008, 09:35 PM
Well, that last game sucked.

Looking forward to the upcoming weekend. All of them are going to be great games.

Yep, I think the divisional round is the best weekend of football all year. The top 8 teams going at each other. Each game has a good team coming off a big win against a team that has had a great year.