PDA

View Full Version : Live Free or Die! State

Harlan Huckleby
01-05-2008, 05:37 PM
MANCHESTER, N.H. (AP) -- John McCain overtook Mitt Romney for the New Hampshire lead in a new poll released Saturday, three days before the nation's first primary.

Taken in the two days following the Iowa caucuses, the poll shows Romney losing ground after the former Massachuttsetts governor's disappointing second-place showing in Iowa; McCain continued his steady climb since the Arizona senator's campaign hit a low point last summer.

McCain had 33 percent while Romney had 27 percet. All others trailed by double-digits, with Rudy Giuliani at 14 percent and Mike Huckabee at 11 percent. The CNN-WMUR poll of 313 New Hampshire residents who said they will vote in the Republican primiary has a margin of error of plus or minus 5 percent.

Seeking an edge, both McCain and Romney laid claim to the mantle of change earlier Saturday.

:D

Joemailman
01-05-2008, 06:49 PM
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/nh/new_hampshire_republican_primary-193.html

Harlan Huckleby
01-05-2008, 11:25 PM
I want Mitt Romney's perfect family to be implicated in an incest scandal. All those damn perfect teeth.

Partial
01-05-2008, 11:38 PM
Doesn't whoever wins NH typically get the nomination of their party?

Harlan Huckleby
01-05-2008, 11:41 PM
I don't think Iowa or NH are good predictors. They are more just filters. But not sure. McCain won big in NH in 2000.

Freak Out
01-06-2008, 12:03 AM
I don't think Iowa or NH are good predictors. They are more just filters. But not sure. McCain won big in NH in 2000.

That's when Rove got nasty.....the worst shit I've seen in a presidential campaign. I lost what little respect I had for the "40s" right there.

Joemailman
01-06-2008, 12:11 AM
Iowa and New Hampshire eliminate people, but don't nominate people. Independents can vote for either party, which can skew the results. South Carolina will be the one where we really get a sense of who the front runners are.