PDA

View Full Version : Locker room fodder - “We’ll take the ball..."

Fosco33
01-05-2008, 06:42 PM
“We’ll take the ball and we’re going to score!”, Matt Hasselbeck.

That was before tossing an INT in OT to Al Harris for a 52 yard game winning TD in '03-'04 Playoffs.

These two teams know each other pretty well. Should make for a great game!

Scott Campbell
01-05-2008, 06:48 PM
Yeah, we'll have some fun with that one. :lol:

b bulldog
01-05-2008, 07:45 PM
I like Hass, good to see him become a solid, NFL QB.

ND72
01-05-2008, 09:55 PM
glad we traded him and a swap of #1 picks for Jamal Reynolds...

b bulldog
01-06-2008, 07:14 AM
Wolf on Reynolds, He plays so low that hhe can get lower than a duck in a phone booth. I still remember that quote from him, boy was he off. Harlan recently admitted that both Shermy and Wolf really liked Reynolds, not one more than the other.

Fritz
01-06-2008, 10:31 AM
Wolf on Reynolds, He plays so low that hhe can get lower than a duck in a phone booth. I still remember that quote from him, boy was he off. Harlan recently admitted that both Shermy and Wolf really liked Reynolds, not one more than the other.

Yes, one the the qualities Wolf appears to have (I'm not 100% sure but it seems so from his quotes) is that he wants to be sure his legacy in GB goes untarnished. I recall a few articles in which he suggested or implied that, yeah, ol' Shermy really was the one who liked Reynolds.

But Wolf's name was still on the General Manager's door, so it was his pick, period.

In his defense, however, only Marcus Stroud, who was drafted later, amounted to much. Ryan Pickett was drafted at the end of the round, too. But Andre Carter is a journeyman and he was drafted ahead of Reynolds. Seymour is very good, but he was gone by the #10 pick, too. Wolf apparently liked Dan Morgan, who was good but is injury prone big-time. It was one of those drafts where, in the end, it wasn't worth trading up.

Bretsky
01-06-2008, 10:42 AM

Yes, one the the qualities Wolf appears to have (I'm not 100% sure but it seems so from his quotes) is that he wants to be sure his legacy in GB goes untarnished. I recall a few articles in which he suggested or implied that, yeah, ol' Shermy really was the one who liked Reynolds.

But Wolf's name was still on the General Manager's door, so it was his pick, period.

In his defense, however, only Marcus Stroud, who was drafted later, amounted to much. Ryan Pickett was drafted at the end of the round, too. But Andre Carter is a journeyman and he was drafted ahead of Reynolds. Seymour is very good, but he was gone by the #10 pick, too. Wolf apparently liked Dan Morgan, who was good but is injury prone big-time. It was one of those drafts where, in the end, it wasn't worth trading up.

Didn't the player Seattle pick in Green Bay's slot turn out to be pretty dang good ? Chris McCintosh if my memory serves me right. Stud OT

Fritz
01-06-2008, 10:47 AM
Steve Hutchinson. Had Wolf gone with best available, might he have taken him, with Wahle standing tall at the time? And would the fans have gone berserk had Wolf taken him?

It was a good trade for Seattle.

The Leaper
01-07-2008, 08:05 AM
It was a good trade for Seattle.

Perhaps Wolf was throwing them a bone after fleecing them for Ahman.