PDA

View Full Version : Could it be set up for a better ending?

Pacopete4
01-05-2008, 06:57 PM
The Packers & Favre beat Holmgren at Lambeau

The Packers & Favre beat Dallas at their place (favre has never won there)

The Packers & Favre beat either the undefeated Patriots and do the impossible, or beat manning and crew (favre being 38, knockin the snot outta a guy that might take his records)

GBRulz
01-05-2008, 07:00 PM
Tissues would be in short supply at that moment!

MJZiggy
01-05-2008, 07:01 PM
Note to self...Kimberly Clark stock = buy...

packinpatland
01-05-2008, 07:03 PM

............always nice to support a home-grown Wisconsin company. :wink:

Pacopete4
01-05-2008, 07:03 PM
you cant write a better story to what may happen this year... its something that'l never be forgotten

GBRulz
01-05-2008, 07:08 PM

Who have closed two mills now and moved them to Mexico. F them.

RashanGary
01-05-2008, 07:08 PM
Of all the teams in the NFC playoffs, we drew the one with the WORST pass defense.

Good matchup.

Jimx29
01-05-2008, 07:09 PM

............always nice to support a home-grown Wisconsin company. :wink:Who's headquarters is in Irving, Texas :?

MJZiggy
01-05-2008, 07:11 PM
This is what I get for not keeping up with Wis. news since I moved away...had a cousin who worked for them for years. She still holds some patent in relation to Huggies...

Scott Campbell
01-05-2008, 07:12 PM
lol

I didn't know either.

I like to support Wisconsin by drinking Pabst when I can.

packinpatland
01-05-2008, 07:12 PM

I honestly didn't know that.........you're right.....F them.

HarveyWallbangers
01-05-2008, 07:13 PM
Of all the teams in the NFC playoffs, we drew the one with the WORST pass defense.

Good matchup.

Only if you are dumb enough to rate pass defenses on yardage. Seattle ranks #2 in the NFL in opposing passer rating (behind San Diego), #4 in sacks (behind the Giants, Dallas, and New England), and #10 in opposing 3rd down %. They are actually one of the best pass defenses in the league.

MJZiggy
01-05-2008, 07:14 PM

Note to self...find out who makes Puffs..

Scott Campbell
01-05-2008, 07:15 PM

Good matchup.

Only if you are dumb enough to rate pass defenses on yardage. Seattle ranks #2 in the NFL in opposing passer rating (behind San Diego), #4 in sacks (behind the Giants, Dallas, and New England), and #10 in opposing 3rd down %. They are actually one of the best pass defenses in the league.

They looked the part today. Bring em on!!!

Deputy Nutz
01-05-2008, 07:15 PM
I really like the matchup with Seattle, they can only pass the ball on offense, which matches up well against our secondary, plus they have no tight end to speak of but I am sure we can make one a name for himself. The Packers have been attacked lately with opposing team's running game. The Packers can pin their ears back and worry about the pass.

The Seattle defense looked so much better against Washington than it really is. They are not going to get the same pressure on Favre as they did on Collins. Collins wasn't audibiling at the line and he has no escapablility in the pocket. Packers receivers will get open if they bring 5 or 6 guys regularly.

Deputy Nutz
01-05-2008, 07:16 PM
I would rather have Seattle come into town than New York. The Giants are running the ball extremely well and Brandon Jacobs is a monster back.

GBRulz
01-05-2008, 07:16 PM
Note to self...find out who makes Puffs..

Green Bay Packaging

oregonpackfan
01-05-2008, 07:18 PM
What was Hasselbeck's famous coin toss quote? "We're going to score and we're going to win!"

Help me recall the exact quote.

Al Harris, with his interception to end OT and win the playoff game, made sure that quote did not happen.

May history repeat itself! :)

GBRulz
01-05-2008, 07:19 PM
He said "we want the ball and we're gonna score"

I so want to hear that chant next weekend !!!

oregonpackfan
01-05-2008, 07:26 PM
He said "we want the ball and we're gonna score"

I so want to hear that chant next weekend !!!

Thanks, GBRulz.

We've be counting on you to make the poster and wave it in the crowd! :)

b bulldog
01-05-2008, 07:34 PM
Seattle has definitely improved in the run the past weeks. Our OT's will be key, if they passblock well, we will have a strong day on offense.

RashanGary
01-05-2008, 07:37 PM
Seattle has definitely improved in the run the past weeks. Our OT's will be key, if they passblock well, we will have a strong day on offense.

I agree. Tauscher on Kerney is a big matchup.

Guiness
01-06-2008, 04:54 AM
I really like the matchup with Seattle, they can only pass the ball on offense, which matches up well against our secondary, plus they have no tight end to speak of but I am sure we can make one a name for himself. The Packers have been attacked lately with opposing team's running game. The Packers can pin their ears back and worry about the pass.

When I first (and second, and third. I'm a little slow) that line, I thought to myself 'as opposed to what, passing it on defense?' :lol:

b bulldog
01-06-2008, 07:09 AM
We are better than Seattle, bring them on.

Fritz
01-06-2008, 10:41 AM
I also think there's a little bit of that "We just watched Seattle win" effect here. The Seabags played, they won, so everyone will be talking about how they won.

They looked good in some areas, for sure. But they also didn't play an especially crisp game. I just hope that McCarthy doesn't have Faver just slinging the ball all over, especially deep.

The Leaper
01-07-2008, 09:09 AM

I'm not sure you can say they are one of the best pass defenses in the league when they give up the amount of yardage they do.

Also, you have to look at their numbers ON THE ROAD. At home, they have a huge advantage with the noise...and that pads their defensive numbers. On the road, I'm guessing they are the worst remaining pass defense in the playoffs.

gbgary
01-07-2008, 09:37 AM
The Packers & Favre beat Holmgren at Lambeau

The Packers & Favre beat Dallas at their place (favre has never won there)

The Packers & Favre beat either the undefeated Patriots and do the impossible, or beat manning and crew (favre being 38, knockin the snot outta a guy that might take his records)

that's cool but it's the toughest route. so.....it could be set up better.

how about:

Pack beats seattle,

ny beats dallas,

Pack beats ny,

Pack beats jacksonville!?

:D

Cheesehead Craig
01-07-2008, 09:40 AM
The Seattle defense looked so much better against Washington than it really is. They are not going to get the same pressure on Favre as they did on Collins. Collins wasn't audibiling at the line and he has no escapablility in the pocket. Packers receivers will get open if they bring 5 or 6 guys regularly.
Our passing offense is so much better than Washington's it's not even funny. Collins missed a lot of open receivers. I think we score 28 pts at least on Seattle.

SkinBasket
01-07-2008, 10:11 AM

You're right, they should have continued losing money and doing things the old way until no one had jobs, not even Mexicans. Then again, maybe Michael Keaton could have just come in, shouted Banzi! and saved the day.

"Fellas, is a frog's ass watertight?"

Tarlam!
01-07-2008, 10:36 AM

No, NOT F em. Read the book "Good to Great" by Jim Collins to understand why they did it. Then you'll say "Oh WOW!"

KC are a hero company of mine, that can take it up with P&G these days. Helluva turnaround. The alternative was bankruptcy.

Zool
01-07-2008, 10:40 AM

You're right, they should have continued losing money and doing things the old way until no one had jobs, not even Mexicans. Then again, maybe Michael Keaton could have just come in, shouted Banzi! and saved the day.

"Fellas, is a frog's ass watertight?"

Hahahaha....nice Gung Ho reference.

"I am no Mary"

OS PA
01-07-2008, 03:19 PM
I'm worried about Julian Peterson. Tauscher practices against a better Kerney every week and doesn't give up much ground. Where Tauscher has trouble is in blocking the fast guys. I don't think Kerney will have a big day, what I am afraid of is Peterson flying up the middle right past our guards.

Peterson is the best player on their D, he's tall, strong, fast, smart and has pretty good hands. I'm guessing we'll run a lot of two TE sets in an attempt to keep JP out of our backfield.